Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

FLA222b_0026b.jpg

Does this intentionally look like she's being scolded by daddy for missing curfew?

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The overall look is much better than Arrow. A few things bug me. The Madonna boobs and choker give it an 80s/early 90s look, not a fan of that.

The boobs caught my attention straight off as well.

• Love 2

Honestly that costume looks much more like a Black Canary costume than her other one ever did.  It really looks like a mash up of various costumes from the comics.   I'd rather have watched her in that all season. 

• Love 4

Is the finale going to have flashbacks from Zoom's POV? Because  I see no reason to put Reverb and Killer Frost there otherwise.

As for KC: ugh, black lipstick? Seriously? It didn't look flattering on DP and it sure doesn't look good on her either.

Damn, Teddy Sears is tall. And hot. Jeez, if they didn't screw up the writing for Zoom he could have been my #2 Flarrowverse villain crush after Manu Bennett. But still, hot.

I'm actually looking forward to this episode. Earth-2 is shallow, but interesting. But please, no pep talks. Let me part with this show on a good note.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

Is the finale going to have flashbacks from Zoom's POV? Because  I see no reason to put Reverb and Killer Frost there otherwise.

As for KC: ugh, black lipstick? Seriously? It didn't look flattering on DP and it sure doesn't look good on her either.

Damn, Teddy Sears is tall. And hot. Jeez, if they didn't screw up the writing for Zoom he could have been my #2 Flarrowverse villain crush after Manu Bennett. But still, hot.

I'm actually looking forward to this episode. Earth-2 is shallow, but interesting. But please, no pep talks. Let me part with this show on a good note.

LOL when it comes to Flash - I kind of like Earth 2 better - shallow or not. :)

• Love 2
(edited)

I totally do as well! I mean, Earth-2 Iris is a huge upgrade, Earth-2 Wells is, well, not a villain (and is a real Wells), Earth-2 Linda has powers and plot relevance and Earth-2 Barry doesn't have to get pep talks all the time. Also, airships! And Killer Frost is a bit more fun that regular old Caitlyn, even if she does channel Captain Cold's line delivery.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

What comic outfit are you talking about? To me Sara's costume looked the most similar to comic BC (without being in a leotard with fishnets).

Well,  the sleeves seem inspired by her first nu52 outfit,  the flow of the jacket seems to be taken from about the end of Gail's first BoP run and the beginning of her second.   The choker is a pretty common addition.  I'm on mobile so I can't get reference pics right now.

She looks badass but it isn't that hard to incorporate fishnets properly. I see she has the slightest glimpse of them on her knees and that looks fine. Though i would probably give her a real corset without all the piping.

46 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think it's time this thread gets a SPOILER tag because holy shit so many spoilers.

I think you're right, people are ignoring the need for spoiler tags might as well just tag the whole thread to be safe.   You should ask the mods. 

• Love 1

I'm of two minds. A generalized header would work because I really don't care about seeing spoilers for the TV/Comics. Also if you don't follow all the shows faithfully it's hard to know what has already happened on the show or what might still be considered a spoiler for that TV show/audience. For example, 

Spoiler

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that KC was going to be back as BS from multiple social & main media sights - in fact I thought her ep was happening last week or this week. I don't follow the Flash so I have no idea what is on mainstream media and what is a spoiler.

However, in a generalized thread like this I really can't be surprised that I might hear about stuff from other shows that are spoilery - it's the nature of a free for all thread. So a generalized spoiler thread might make sense. But I absolutely would still want people to put spoilers under spoiler tags for movies regardless of whether there is generalized spoiler header.

For movies - I truly appreciate when people put part of their posts under spoiler tags, because its harder for people to see the movie at the same time. Some people see it opening night, while others are not able to see it for a week or so. There is not a set time that all of us see the movie. So even with a generalized spoiler header, I would still want the spoiler tags for the movies - perhaps we can have a set time that people use spoiler tag after the release date of the movie.

• Love 2

Yeah,  I agree with that.  I'm not as invested in legends,  so I don't mind if promo pics pop up in this thread.   But I still haven't been to see Civil War,  so there's that. 

I also wouldn't want Arrow spoilers making there way into this thread just because the thread has a spoiler warning.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Airships?

Didn't they show them the first time when showing Earth 2? Or am I confusing this show's portrayal of an alternate Earth with the common trope?

(edited)

If The Flash's Earth-2 has airships, then that's just copying from Fringe where the Alternate Universe had airships (one way of distinguishing between the Alternate Universe and the Prime Universe where we live).  The Alternate Universe on Fringe also had different versions of the same people in the Prime Universe.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I can't really say the Flash is copying Fringe with the doppelgangers on the alternate Earths, that's a Sci Fi/comic book staple and a scientific theory. Doctor Who had Zeppelins flying around on their parallel Earth. 

• Love 3

I love the idea that all female villains run out and buy dark lipstick immediately to show their evilness. I wonder if there's a MAC counter they all use. 

Also, I thought Iris had remotely more to do this last ep, which made me wish the show was about her. CP is so good with the (VERY) little she's given, even when it's just running to Star Labs slowly to get a metahuman to follow her. 

I'm also sad because I didn't miss Caitlin at all. Henry stepped into her spot without me realizing she hadn't been in the episode. Why can't they do a better job of writing the female characters on this show?? 

• Love 2

A reminder that if you want to talk about Flash stuff, your options are:

• Mind Your Surroundings thread (that's this thread!)
  • Spoiler Discussion thread (to the extent that the Flash stuff is at least moderately related to Arrow).  
  • Flash forum

And then there's the Marvel movies and the whole ball of wax, really. I'm sticking a spoiler tag on the entire thread. That seems to be the best recourse.

• Love 3

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere in this forum, so apologies if I just missed it.

EW.com is reporting a series order for a new superhero comedy on NBC:

DC Comics is officially launching a comedy series on NBC. 

The network has given a series order to Powerless, which stars Vanessa Hudgens (Grease Live) as a “spunky young insurance adjuster specializing in regular-people coverage against damage caused by the crime-fighting superheroes.” (Think The Office meets Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. minus Marvel). 

More details about the pilot storyline: “It’s when [Hudgens’ character] stands up to one of these larger-than-life figures (after an epic battle messes with her commute) that she accidentally becomes a cult ‘hero’ in her own right … even if it’s just to her group of lovably quirky co-workers. Now, while she navigates her normal, everyday life against an explosive backdrop, Emily might just discover that being a hero doesn’t always require superpowers.”

I'm meh on Hudgens, but the concept looks entertaining, and the other casting looks promising. 

Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi, and Christina Kirk are also in the cast, with Ben Queen as writer and executive producer. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MariaHill said:

I'm meh on Hudgens, but the concept looks entertaining, and the other casting looks promising. 

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Caught up on the latest FLASH, loved story time with Dinosaurs... although I think they should have gonna Meta and had it be "Run Spot Run", that would have been hysterical. Perhaps they should make weekly kid book readings part of the show - it really was the highlight of the episode.

I definitely did not miss Caitlin & Zoom, is it possible to get rid of both of them? It is interesting that I didn't even realize they were gone until the last few seconds. Henry just slipped right in seamlessly. I actually found Cisco more tolerable without Caitlin.

It is bizarre just how bad the FLASH writers truly suck at writing females. I got what Iris was saying about the book not being applicable to her. But then to squeeze in their ounce of destiny romance, they really did make it seem like she was equating her Mom running out on her to BA's Mom being murdered in front of him. Definitely different scenario. I really wish they had just left it with her saying she didn't like the book because it didn't apply to her - that is a reasonable response and then they could have still had a moment without making IW look bad. But I guess the Flash writers can't help but throw her under the bus for "romance" when in reality they threw romance under the bus a long time ago.

Oh well, the Speedforce will fix everything, right?

When you boil it down the whole Flarrowverse could have been save a lot of trouble if we just believed happy thoughts, learned how to vacuum & listened to our children books. I also feel like the Flarrowverse is channeling Peter Pan in their final episodes. Arrow had its happy thoughts. Flash chased down his shadow. And LoT visited with lost boys.

• Love 2
(edited)

I remember people guessing they'd kill Mitch Leery since the show was shooting at a cemetary. I just saw a photo of him there with Barry. Was someone else buried or did they just visit Barry's mom's grave?

LoT's finale is airing the week before Arrow's. And according to the official description, the team is dropped off in Central City a few months after they boarded the ship. What I'm wondering is how it relates to the other two shows' timelines? I mean, Sara goes to visit Laurel's grave with Lance. Is that supposed to be before or after Darhk is taken down? Because if it's before, how does she not stick around to help the team and her father?

Edited by bijoux
43 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I remember people guessing they'd kill Mitch Leery since the show was shooting at a cemetary. I just saw a photo of him there with Barry. Was someone else buried or did they just visit Barry's mom's grave?

Just visited her grave but it was in an alternative universe.... apparently Barry IRL never visited it so AU-Mitch guilted him in the AU-world. I do think they are gearing up for a big death though... and Mitch seems to be top of the list for obvious Flarrowerse reasons (1. parent, 2. Over 40. 3. decent actor). The fact that he really only has taken on a big role in the last few episodes seems to not be a good sign. That being said, nobody has mentioned ice cream yet...

• Love 1

He'll probably offer to get it for the team to celebrate beating Zoom.

The Flash sounds really exhausting. Multiple Earth, AUs, whatever the thing with Zoom and Jay is...

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, popgoesculture said:

I love the idea that all female villains run out and buy dark lipstick immediately to show their evilness. I wonder if there's a MAC counter they all use. 

Remember Evil Willow from Buffy and Illyira from Angel?...

doppelgangland2-e1296751313971.jpg

ca5acbb41d2df768dfbfa21b74626366.jpg

That's what I thought of when I first saw a pic of Killer Frost.  It's all in the lipstick and tight leather outfits.

Deathstorm-and-Killer-Frost-1.jpg

Edited by tv echo

In LOT future Palmer Tech is now Smoak and his brother was some how involved in taking over Palmer. I wonder now that Felicity has been fired, they were setting up a Ray's brother appearance to take over the company had LOT not been renewed?

• Love 1

Quarks is going to get their wish about never seeing the PT/QC set again. Dollars to donuts it gets cannibalized for Supergirl. Season 5 is going to be 22 bottle episodes, with the crossover the only one where everyone gets out of the Arrow bunker.

• Love 9

I'm glad for the renewal but I'm really annoyed that cbs couldn't come around,  the cw is not the place for Supergirl.   It's barely the place for Legends as far as the budget is concerned. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I am honestly so conflicted because I do want to know what's next for Supergirl and want to continue to see Cat Grant on my screen, but I did not want this as much. No to dwindling budgets and overstuffed crossovers, please.

ETA: Twinning, Delphi.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Someone soothe my fears and tell me the CW can afford Calista Flockhart. I'm glad the show is continuing though. It's probably my favourite of the DC superhero shows at the minute. It hasn't hit the heights of Arrow or The Flash but it hasn't been as dumb as either at their worst, so...?

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh dear. Well, we can wave goodbye to what little promo Arrow had. Although maybe she'll bring in more viewers to the network? IDK. Were Supergirl ratings good?

Edited by Guest
(edited)

They were CW amazing, but not good for a major network like CBS. If just half the viewers move over to CW it will be the highest rated show on CW.

Ugh........ But where? Every night is full already

Some of the shows they have only get half orders, like Reign. If they put Reign in summer, that frees a spot. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently not good enough for CBS.  But I think it does better than any of the cw hero shows. 

Or what Artsda said. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1

It did better than the CW hero shows because CBS is an actual network available in every market. CW doesn't broadcast everywhere. Supergirl's ratings will fall in line with everyone else.

• Love 6

I think the CW should bump iZombie and stick Supergirl on after The Flash. That would make for a fun night of television and iZombie's ratings aren't really good enough to be on after the network's biggest hit. Supergirl would be up against Agents of Shield but it's already aired against Gotham so it's already had comic book-y competition. (I hope iZombie continues to do well though, just...it would make sense to me).

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, manbearpig said:

Someone soothe my fears and tell me the CW can afford Calista Flockhart.

This is me right now. I hope this move to the CW doesn't mean that we'll lose Cat Grant, the Martian Manhunter, and/or Alex because they won't be able to afford Calista, David Harewood, and Chyler Leigh.

But I am really glad the show got renewed because Supergirl really managed to make me love it to the point that it's my second favorite after Arrow (while I'm barely watching Lot and Flash nowadays).

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

>Hangs Head<

I haven't watched this show, and I don't plan too. So as far as how good it is, I can't/won't comment on. But what I will say is this sucks for multiply reasons that most of the posters above has already stated.

1. Budget wise (I do believe that Arrow already has the lowest budget out of the three already there)

2. Where will it fit in the schedule, unless it shares half a season with LOT

3. Cross-overs. This is where my big grip comes in. I actually like the normal episode 8? big cross-over. What I CAN'T STAND is the Barlenti and Co. setting up other shows on Arrow and the cross-over episodes. The only good thing about this is that Supergirl is an already established show, the bad part of it is that they still have to "introduce" it to the Arrowverse and the ones that didn't watch it on CBS.

I just want Arrow to have enough time to tell the ARROW stories, and not have to pamper to the other shows.

• Love 6