Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This is a cute interview. At least the interviewer knows about Supernatural! And at the end with Jared and Jensen is really cute . Jensen talks about "Baby" again.

HA! Love Jared at the end...guess Jensen dressed him! "Did you tell me to wear a coat?!"

1 minute ago, Binns said:

HA! Love Jared at the end...guess Jensen dressed him! "Did you tell me to wear a coat?!"

JFC dudes. You are really testing me on not shipping J2. Sheesh. LOL

I love how they had coordinated colors without being matching. These jerks are gonna be the death of me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I did not know Jensen's middle name till now!

Curious about Jared's but I'm sure Google will tell me. 

ETA Tristan! 

Edited by Binns
Middle names are fun
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So this gal is the assistant to the showrunner which must be Dabb. She's also a budding writer. Oh boy did she stir up a hornet's nest in the replies.

Gotta be trolling, right? I can't imagine them ever going there. And I don't think Jensen would stand for it. 

If Dabb writes Destiel, Jensen can't do anything but play it or quit the show.  He didn't want demon Dean to end as quickly and pfft gone. He didn't want Amara to be romantic but they pushed it with the non con sexuality overtones and full kissing /hork. Misha may not be anymore eager to play Destiel than Jensen. .  It seems to me if Jensen was so dead against it on every level he would not agree to do Destiel themed  photo ops no matter how much he makes. Jmho.

I wondered if maybe she's  been tasked with  trying to figure out why there is so much perceived/subtext readings of  Destiel if production really isn't intending anything so they can maybe not do thing s that could be seen as queer baiting.  Of course as long Jensen and Misha keep staring at each other like they do... Good luck. Lol

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Of course as long Jensen and Misha keep staring at each other like they do... Good luck. Lol

Hee. One of my favorite fanfics - which doesn't go into Destial in the romantic sense at all, and actually is written from Sam's point of view - describes the looks as follows: "Castiel is standing six inches too far inside Dean's personal space, and the two of them are playing intenser-than-thou..." Hee. That fanfic is awesome.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Hee. One of my favorite fanfics - which doesn't go into Destial in the romantic sense at all, and actually is written from Sam's point of view - describes the looks as follows: "Castiel is standing six inches too far inside Dean's personal space, and the two of them are playing intenser-than-thou..." Hee. That fanfic is awesome.

Link me in the fanfic thread, please :)

(edited)

Access Hollywood Red Carpet Interview:

Jensen Ackles Talks 'Supernatural' Season 12, Reminisces About 'Baby Episode

No spoilers in this interview. He just says "Okay we're going there" re Mary. And he discusses the Crisis Helpline and their relationship with the fans and the show. It's a lovely interview IMO. And they start shooting in two weeks.

https://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/jensen-ackles-talks-supernatural-season-12-reminisces-about-baby-episode/#QMVtbYI7deU12grm.02

Edited by catrox14
Changed link
  • Love 2
(edited)

What in the holy hell did I just watch?  These people are nuts LOL. This is pretty hilarious

Spoiler

Also, I'll bet Jensen about blew a gasket when they were rocking Baby

Edited by catrox14

Having watched BOTH the Supernatural video and Rhianna's video for her sing, I definitely prefer Supernatural's. 

So yes, perhaps I'm a fuddy-duddy, but beside Rhianna is a 'BadAss' killer, I don't see a point to her video. Sex, violence, drugs, set to music.  Is there an common interpretation to that video that I'm missing. I saw  the actor playing Hannible and am thinking that's involved.  Maybe she's a bigger BadAss than Hanible?  IDK. 

I saw the Supernatural video as a bunch of white breads playing hood and making fun of themselves. And it was funny.

35 minutes ago, SueB said:

I saw the Supernatural video as a bunch of white breads playing hood and making fun of themselves. And it was funny.

Ever since the 3rd AKF campaign, the  YANA campaign and now The Wayward AF campaign, I've been seeing a lot of shitty accusations tossed around Tumblr and Twitter that the cast is turning into a bunch of money grubbers because they went with Creation instead of Represent. Most of it is directed at Misha and Random Acts with claims that its a fraudulent operation and the SPN Crisis HelpLine is a fraud and that it's all a shell game for Misha to siphon money from fans. There are folks bashing Jensen and/or feeling sorry for  poor ignorant Jensen,  for helping Misha with YANA. And that essentially Jared and Jensen bankrolled the support line from their PACK fund, which they said when the fund was started some of the funds would go to Random Acts along with TWOLHA and I AM ALIVE.

My little head!canon is that this video is lowkey satire about those accusations. But that is 100% my head!canon.

It pains me to think people would make those kind of baseless accusations and even worse that the cast would know it.  

Seems like we have enough real bad shit going on in the world, it's a waste of energy creating wank around charities.  Bleech. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, SueB said:

It pains me to think people would make those kind of baseless accusations and even worse that the cast would know it.  

Seems like we have enough real bad shit going on in the world, it's a waste of energy creating wank around charities.  Bleech. 

They know what's said about them on social media. Jared reads his FB page and j2 has made comments at cons about seeing negativity.  Jensen said that he manages all his own SM, that no one posts for him or represents to be him. So if he takes 5 minutes to read anything about the YANA videos on his FB he would have seen all the negativity.  

37 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm just reporting what I've seen. I've seen shit hurled in Jared's direction too. I don't understand it myself at all but it's out there. 

I'd like to think that their pretty immune to what's said on the internet by now.  Like Jensen said, he follows a handful of people, and that's about it.  The rest you would just have to ignore, or it would drive you crazy.

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'd like to think that their pretty immune to what's said on the internet by now.  Like Jensen said, he follows a handful of people, and that's about it.  The rest you would just have to ignore, or it would drive you crazy.

Jensen follows a handful of people but that doesn't mean he's not aware of the negativity towards YANA. I think that's why he specifically mentioned completely trusting Misha and Random Acts in the Access Hollywood interview. I'm slightly paraphrasing, but he said 'I completely trust those people. It's an awesome situation he's built there. As far as I know everything is going really well and there's a lot really amazing people who've reached out wanting to help but have been engaging and wanting to use it. You know, we're not trying to do anything but help people that we can."  JMHO

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Oh, I'm sure they're all well aware of what goes on in the fandom.  I just hope that they don't dwell on it too much.  That would not be healthy.

There's a difference between Sam vs Dean vs Cas vs J vs J vs M wars but these other accusations go beyond that kind of wanking. This brings into question their overall ethics as human beings in a way that I hope they do not and should not ignore. JMHO again. YMMV

9 minutes ago, Diane said:

I noticed that they are the only WB show in hall, was this true last year?  I thought a couple others were too.

Vampire Diaries was there too last year.

• Love 1

I hear what you're saying, Catrox, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to engage these posters, or respond to their bullshit in any way.  I do believe that it's just a handful of people causing this particular issue, but if they sit around and post constantly, it makes it appear to be a larger group.  I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure they're monitoring the situation.  I have to think that this is something that they would have discussed when first planning to move forward with YANA, and they may even have received legal advise on just how they should deal with these people.  Maybe for now the plan is to just ignore them and hope they get bored and go away.  I guess time will tell.

(edited)

This is so exciting! Lord Mesa, who does great art for Arrow, and the other DC shows on the CW is doing some SPN stuff. Let the spam begin. So cute! I'm not putting this under Fanfiction because I think he's paid by the CW for his work. 

Edited by catrox14

This cast and show has a totally different relationship with fans than most shows. They wrote an episode in tribute to fans and they filmed a documentary that was on the s10 DVD which is celebrating SPN fans. They have started foundations and a crisis helpline FOR THE FANS built off money that was raised by selling shirts to raise money to help the fans through charities the actors set up to serve SPN Fans specifically.

IMO comments left on the actors PUBLIC social media be it Twitter, FB, Instagram or Snapchat, is fair game for discussion and it's easy enough to go and read the pages. It's show related and cast related because the show and cast have fostered this relationship with fans and are seeking to help this specific fandom. JMHO

So, what, is Jensen supposed to be Mr. Doe-Eyed Innocent being taken advantage of by Sneaky Underhanded Misha?!  What, do these people think Jensen is dumb?!?!  Or a pushover?!?!  My god.  The man is as sharp as a Samurai sword.  If any of this stuff was actually happening, he'd be all over it in one hot minute, and those cute cockles moments would be a thing of the past.

Bah.  Their hatred for Misha blinds them.

And given that there have got to be lawyers crawling all over the charities dotting i's and crossing t's, it's even more unlikely that any hanky panky is going on.

I swear, shit like this makes me wonder whether there's really intelligent life on earth after all.

• Love 5

I think many of the ott comments are just another front in the shipper-fueled wars so they don't particularly bother me more than any of the other hateful comments I've heard about in the past. But I do want to inject a general thought into this conversation. It is a GOOD thing for donors to cast a critical eye on the organizations they fund. And if a t-shirt campaign raises more money per unit based on which company it is run through, then buyers of the shirt have every right to question why an organization would choose a company that offers lower percentages per shirt. Now, I have no idea if Creation t-shirts raise less money than Represent t-shirts, but if true, that's a legitimate issue for donors to raise with RA. That does NOT make it okay to accuse Collins or his charity of fraud. 

I also believe that if the Pack Fund is providing the majority of funding for the hotline, donors to that fund have every right to know it. They have the right to know where all of the funds are going.  As do donors to YANA and RA. And I expect that non-profits involved with the hotlines will release either program funding sources or general funding sources with a budgetary breakdown.  Although, frankly, I'm not sure why people care about whether YANA or the Pack Fund provided more funding. I know, I know, shipping wars. 

Whoever made the decision to base the publicity for the hotline around a cockles t-shirt campaign violated basic fundraising 101 rules: don't shrink your donor pool and don't generate any negative controversy.  They did both.  It was an easily avoidable snafu, so I'm not inclined to defend them on that one.

One of the actors saying that the sky is blue generates negative controversy in this fandom. As for the cockles t-shirt campaign-who's to say that the donor pool shrunk? The negative comments went through the roof, yes, but I doubt those people were going to buy a shirt anyway. This is like saying JP started the AKF campaign to improve his image which was in the toilet at the time. Not that I'm saying he did that, but I've seen it out there, too and some believe it which makes it controversial.

I added a like to Omega mom's post above. She pretty much said it all for me.  

Mod Note:

Discussing anything related to the the cast and crew social media sites in general is fine, providing that it doesn’t devolve into bashing the fans of any other sites.

The last thing we want is to start any sort of flame or board wars here.

Therefore, when discussing other fans comments or opinions please do not mention, or hint at, any other specific sites in thread.

Thank you.

(edited)

So I finally researched the motivation behind Rihanna's video "Bitch Better Have My Money" -- still trying to figure out WHY that was the motivation.  Here's what I think I learned:

1) There's plenty of references to the accountant (played by the Hannibal actor) in the movie, enough to give credence to the video is a revenge fantasy for how her personal accountant ripped her off, left her bankrupt and she got her money back after a lawsuit.  So, she's got some anger over that and took it to music.  

2) There's a lot of both cashing in on Hollywood tropes and subverting of those tropes.  Specifically, reviews talked about how usually the revenge fantasy genre (think Liam Niasson) has a female fridged at the start and then goes off on a killing spree.  In this case, Rhianna is doing the revenge spree (over money) and the fridged female (the accountants' wife) is shown all over the screen.

3) It's pretty much agreed it's a classic "shock" video designed to get money for the star and create controversy.  Because, we apparently eat that shit up with a spoon.  

So... I'm going to guess it's primarily a straight-forward Supernatural cast parody of Rhianna's shock video.  Of course they're layers in there and room for fan-related-drama interpretation.  It's not a loving parody (like the Hillywood girls do). It's more like what some of the late-night comedians would do.  I'm pretty sure Misha's the accountant's wife in this parody.  And we don't see WHO the accountant is (the Bad Guy).  

SueB's personal theory: Misha's did the parody because 1) the crew is so NOT hood 2) he's making fun of shock videos and 3) it was a Tuesday and they were bored.  Now it's possible that some of the fandom debate of where the charity money is going is a contributor to the motivation of making this video but if it is, I'll be shocked if any of the cast/crew would say so.  Like Jensen and Jared both recently made comments about where the money was going and having confidence in the process ... that's more their style than to acknowledge they were potentially criticizing a part of the fandom via parody.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Diane said:

Phil Sgriccia is directing the season opener for season 12 of #Supernatural @cw_spn #SPNFamily

Have loved his work way before he joined Supernatural.  So hopefully it will be a good script or he can do what Kim Mannors did for some of the weak scripts he got.

• Love 3