Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

Happy Birthday, Jensen!

I thought this was cute.

He was kind of a goober when he was little boy and we'll he's still kind of a goober.. Just a ridiculously handsome and ridiculously talented goober

http://justjensenanddean.tumblr.com/post/112397363952/i-would-physically-be-embarrassed-about-things

This man... I've seen lots of people who have gotten better looking with age, but somehow Jensen has just gone from freaking cute to frikkin' gorgeous over the years. It's just crazy, and I'd say unfair, but -- hey, at least we get to look at him from afar (or for some people, not so far). Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 2
(edited)

So I find this to be hilariously ironic.  As we know, Jensen has been the most social media phobic of the cast of SPN.  And he finally relented and joined Twitter last year.  He is now at nearly 1M followers.  But the best thing....is he's a finalist for a Shorty Award for Actor of the Year  (The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media, recognizing the people and organizations producing content on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, and the rest of the social web. ).

http://shortyawards.com/JensenAckles

He is up against Misha, Osric, Chris Pratt, James Franco, Neil Patrick Harris, and Eric West.

I just find this endlessly amusing. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

From Misha's FB page:

I really hope he's being his facetious self.  Otherwise... creepy.

This has to stop. To the fan, voyeur, hostile government—whomever is flying the drone out my window—please find the close-up you seem to be trying to get. Now get your drone out of my yard or I will bring it down by force. ‪#‎dronewar‬

Complete with a super-duper close up of his nose... and one of the drone.

(edited)

Okay, I don't know anything about Facebook, but when I checked out the page, some other stuff popped up on the side with photos *. One was a Christmas photo? I clicked on it to enlarge to see if I saw what I thought I was seeing, and yup it was Santa Dean, Mrs. Claus Sam, and Elf Misha. Mrs Claus Sam wears a little bit too much make up that "she" appears to have gotten from the 80s or whenever blue eye shadow was in fashion. I would've given a link, but when I clicked back, that side bar with photos disappeared... maybe for the best, because I'm still not sure whether that photo was adorable, hilarious, disturbing, or sorta hot.

* These were other people's photos? So I'm not sure why they popped up at the same time. Odd.

Edited to add: I found it... It appears to have been on Misha's blog? And the answer is disturbing, I think. Heh. Not sure why that picture (and others) popped up when I clicked the above Jared Facebook link for the first time.

Edited by AwesomO4000
(edited)

More on Misha's Drone Wars. Boys LOL

Misha Collins ‏@mishacollins 12h12 hours ago
My invasive drone problem is handled. (Drone operator, i'm holding your drone hostage. Get me the video you shot of us if you want it back.)

Jensen AcklesVerified account@JensenAckles
@mishacollins can I have my drone back? I already sold the footage.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Did Jensen ever say what the proceeds percentage from his shirt were being used for?  I love the way these guys use their popularity to make a difference, instead of just basking in the glow.

• Love 1

Supernatural has been nominated for a Saturn award (which is geared towards Genre shows) for

Best Youth-Oriented Television Series (why this category is beyond me but yay?)

The 100
Doctor Who
Pretty Little Liars
Supernatural
Teen Wolf
The Vampire Diaries

And why it didn't get into the Best Network Television Program when the fucking FOLLOWING did which is one of the worst programs ever created is also beyond me.  Good grief. 

• Love 2

And why it didn't get into the Best Network Television Program when the fucking FOLLOWING did which is one of the worst programs ever created is also beyond me.  Good grief.

Probably because the Following has Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy in it and Supernatural......doesn't. I can't believe that show is still on. I gave up on it after 3 or 4 episodes despite my undying love for those two. It was just so terrible.

I liked the crazy twins, though. They're like the love children of Jason Voorhees and....and, actually, the Winchester Brothers! I mean with the trained-to-kill-from-childhood thing and the undying brotherly love.

They even ended this season with one dead and one alive, and the live one carrying the dead one's corpse away for what seemed like some kind of resurrection scheme...

(edited)

I will ask  for your banning Rue721 if you ever try to draw a corollary between the Following and SPN again. (NOT REALLY)That is just so wrong on every level.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
(edited)

Misha, Misha, Misha.  *shakes head in bemusement*

I was at the airport earlier, and West wouldn't listen. First he fed some skittles to the bomb sniffing dogs. Then he put my shoulder bag on the scale. I lost my temper and yelled, “Stop! That's a CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON!"
Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 3

I'm a bibliophile (legal in all states....means I love books).  I was just flabbergasted when I first saw this video. And now I want to peruse the MoL library.  I bet they've made an actual relevant collection of books on many of the shelves.  Because that's Jerry's way.  

• Love 2

That is they way it is with Set designers, they do a lot of work really fast to have it torn down and then build something else.  Depending on how much storage they have they will store the stuff they can use again, but most of the time you just try not to destroy the wood during strike and reuse it. 

Wish I could build like that, but I wasn't paying attention in class thinking I was only going to be acting.  If I could go back I would have really learned how to do this, cause I then could build it in my own home....lol.

I would love the bookshelves, so maybe they will try to sell a few things.  They do create create cool sets for the boys to pretend on.  :)

Jensen mentioned at a con one time they have a whole stage full of old props and such. I wouldn't be surprised to see the bookshelves again, they're really good at reusing some of these things. I like to try and spot the reused things in each episode. It's a fun game trying to remember where I've seen it before.

If you haven't been keeping up with Jared's t-shirt campaign for support those who suffer from depression, suggest you go to facebook and watch his videos.  Warning: episode topic spoiler on 7 Mar video.  Although, I gotta say, I was balling over his comments on the 7 March video.  Dude's really sincere and inspirational about this topic.  

• Love 2

http://tvline.com/2015/03/09/mark-pellegrino-photos-the-returned-jack-memories-from-the-set/

Interview w/Mark Pellegrino.  Relevant SPN bit:

"I said yes right away" to playing Lucifer on the popular series, Pellegrino says. "I was really happy to discover different mythology about the devil. In this show, they turned it upside down on its head and they made Lucifer’s appeal to Nick so truthful and so gut wrenchingly clear... Anybody, even a man or woman of faith, could sit down with that pitch and go, 'Wow. You have a point.'" The way Pellegrino sees it, the Prince of Darkness really just has some colossal family drama. Supernatural "is all about the brothers, their love for each other, their loyalty to each other. This was kind of the same thing, a family betrayal where one person refuses to go along with an authority and is kicked out, banned forever for being different, having a different point of view… and standing for something."

If you haven't been keeping up with Jared's t-shirt campaign for support those who suffer from depression, suggest you go to facebook and watch his videos.  Warning: episode topic spoiler on 7 Mar video.  Although, I gotta say, I was balling over his comments on the 7 March video.  Dude's really sincere and inspirational about this topic.  

Sorry to be an idiot, but where are these videos? I went on his facebook page (and then found out who out of my facebook friends already "likes" Jared, which was unexpected and hilarious) but the videos that I saw on there didn't seem like the one(s) you're talking about?

I'm thinking that was not Jared's official FB page.

Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki?rf=112512988761212

Thanks!

First of all:  it's really cool that he's doing this.

Second of all:  who knew a white beanie of all things could be that flattering?***

***Wait, wait, just had a thought. Was he so shockingly good-looking in that vid with the beanie because you can't see his hair? Bwhahahahaha. But seriously, he does look great. Which I probably shouldn't be noticing anyway, given that it's a video selfie about suicide prevention of all things but uh. What can I say, I'm superficial (as well as interested in suicide prevention?) and he's crazy hot.

Oh Jared is very pretty and his eyes go from green to gray to blue.  They need to make up their minds!  Jared can be damn stunning at times. Like his wedding photos. Whew.  Those dimples. 

• Love 1

I seriously want to know his workout and skincare routines. I say as I pick off bits of tomato sauce from my remote, which I guess fell onto my plate of Chef Boyardee Cheese Raviolis this morning. Le sigh.

• Love 3

I found it funny that Jensen unfollowed  Mark Shepperd on twitter, not because he didn't like him but because he is showing too many pics of him working out...lol

Both Jensen and Jared have bluegreen eyes.  I have them too and depending on what I wear they change color.  If it has a lot of blue, their blue, but I found it interesting that Jared's can look brownish, very light and mine never go that color.  lol.

Edited by 7kstar

Although, I gotta say, I was balling over his comments on the 7 March video.  Dude's really sincere and inspirational about this topic.  

I was just thinking about that video again today. It really is powerful. It's so admirable that when he heard about his friend's suicide, his reaction was to launch an awareness campaign and raise money for charity. Idk, just turning it over in my mind. Because it's cool to be a kind person like that.

Sigh. Apparently, watching that 3/7 video and reruns of My Name Is Earl has gotten to me. I'm going to end up making a motherf#@%ing list aren't I?

• Love 2

Last year they showed a repeat of the previous episode in the earlier time slot followed by the finale at the regular time. But who knows what they'll do this year. Chicago market will be preempted by the Cubs on Wed, May 13 for a 7:00 PM game. Last year the finale was preempted in Chicago and shown on the following Saturday. Gotta love WGN, our CW station. :(

Edited by FlickChick

So according to the video, Jensen hasn't been on set since season 3 and they use a green screen...why do I think Jensen will have a comeback for that one....  :)

He'll probably film something funny with a green screen involving the Green Arrow...

Travis Aaron Wade was speaking at VegasCon and he says that Jared and Jensen have no ego at all and that he's never seen two guys love each other more :).  D'awwwww

Yeah, I have nothing but admiration for either of them. (Amell, too). They have buckets of money, a spouse and kids, live healthy enough to look like THAT, have such a good work ethic that they still even bother with cons (when obviously they don't need the cash)...I'm less responsible than either of these guys in literally EVERY WAY.

Like, maybe my cat is more spoiled than theirs? If either of them even has a cat? Grasping at straws here.

• Love 2