Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Pics from the 200th ep screening party.  Lots of familiar faces.

ETA  Misha's thoughts on the People's Choice Awards voting (I added some spaces to make it easier to read):

Speaking of voting, if you are not an American voter, you can still vote in the PCAs. Thank you guys for getting me on the PCA's as a write-in nominee. I think the PCA people were caught off-guard by the development, because if i'm not mistaken they posted my DMV photo.

The problem is that me, Jared and Jensen are all nominated in the same category, which makes it a tough choice. But we can't give it away to the Vampire Diaries guys, so here's my (selfish-perhaps?) voting guide:

Vote for the boys in the best Favorite TV Duo category (they are also nominated there) http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/54/2,

Vote for Supernatural in the Favorite Network Sci-Fi Show category http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/43/2 and

vote for the guy who looks like he's getting a new driver's license in the Favorite Sci-Fi actor category. http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/44/2

That way, all three of us can go streak the stage at the People's Choice Awards ceremony when we win. Win, win, win.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

That picture of Misha is HILARIOUS.  It does look like the DMV.  WTH People's Choice.  I'm torn. I get the desire to see Jensen FINALLY acknowledged but I also think Misha's got a good point.

I've never really gotten the "Wendigo" hate. It has a lot of Dean moments I love. How can anyone hate that beautiful grin he has with Hayley in their last scene? It's one of my fondest Dean memories.

I really like Wendigo and yes I can get the CGI isn't something that younger fans think is strong, but Hayley and Dean is such a fun combination.  I'm okay with not agreeing on some of the eps, but the Spin off did deserve the neg. press from the fans in my opinion.  Some of the best are not my best...but I've never been someone that follows what everyone else likes.

"The Mentalists" and "Clap Your Hands..." in the 10 worst rather than "Man's Best Friends With Benefits?" That this comment came with "The Mentalists:"

And the episode may mark the quickest turnaround for Sam and Dean fighting and then reconciling, which sucks all the drama out of Amy's death.

...Just goes to show how much I disagree. How was the quick resolution of that argument not a GOOD thing? I thought the conflict resolution in "The Mentalists" was one of the brothers' best, myself.

Actually a lot of their "and the rest" list just goes to show that mileage definitely does vary. Especially "Skin" at #148 and "Slash Fiction" at #150 - below "Defending Your Life" and a few other meh episodes.

From Misha's FB page:

I got sentimental watching SPN last night. It's been many years working on this show. Even longer for some others. Kids have been born, people have passed away. Lives have been touched. In 2010 i banded together with some SPN fans to start Random Acts. Since then we have funded and inspired thousands of charitable acts including the construction of an orphanage and the funding of a school. We have big ambitions for this coming year. We're going to try to build another school and launch a charity crowdsourcing platform that we hope will move mountains. If you want to support these projects, you can buy a T-shirt. 100% of proceeds will go to Random Acts and you will have a nice, warm shirt in time for the holidays. Buy a shirt and i promise we'll try to galvanize some good with the money we raise. (It's also a clever way for me to realize my life-long dream of resting my head on your chest.)

https://represent.com/misha -- link to the shirts for sale.  :-)

hUJpm7T.jpg

• Love 2

Robbie Thompson on the shock ending to the 200th.  Interesting quote:

The premise of the episode gave Thompson everything he needed to pull off the surprise return.

"We knew that the musical would be based on his books, so we knew that we were going to bring him back. It was just a question of, ‘In what capacity?'" Thompson told E! News. "I have been trying to bring Rob back for three years! And I keep inserting him into episodes where he doesn't need to be there. Like in one episode, Charlie [Felicity Day] is like, ‘Oh yeah I found the unpublished books!' And that was just because I wanted to say Chuck's name again."

Another:

"I always view Rob's character as a proxy for [creator] Eric [Kripke], but Chuck is my God. I agree with that theory and I love it."

So will Chuck make another appearance?  My guess is no, not in the near future, anyway.  Unless they're seriously considering the 10th being the last season.  Then I expect Chuck to show up again the closer we get to the series finale.

"The Mentalists" and "Clap Your Hands..." in the 10 worst rather than "Man's Best Friends With Benefits?"

Sing it. I can only guess that the reviewers' brains wiped all memory of the latter in the interest of self-preservation. Would that mine could do the same.

I'd go along with most of the Best list except the top 2, which I'd probably put on the Worst list if there were room after all the Nepotism Duo episodes. But I'm saddened that the pilot, "Hollywood Babylon," "Time Is on My Side," and my personal favorite "Mommy Dearest" didn't make the cut.

• Love 1

No matter how great a concept may be, if the foundation that concept is built upon isn’t sound enough to support dynamic relationships between characters, audiences aren’t going to stick around. Viewers want to travel an unexplored world with people they love and love to hate, not people they can easily ignore.

To be honest I think this is the heart of what draws anyone to a show.  It's the character development and it does take skill to make that happen so it is nice to see it get the recognition it deserves.  The article also talks about the biggest complaints fans have about the show as well.  A really nice article from Forbes

Hannibal would like a word:)

I turned out really loving the character dynamics in that show when I watched season 2, so much so that I regretted not watching season 1 and regretted that they had to follow canon and therefore most everybody had to die, because I could've watched more of that interaction. I also enjoy the "Blacklist" even though I don't watch it every week necessarily.

But then again, I'm biased towards NBC dramas for some reason. I tend to like them better than the other network dramas. (Example: I much preferred Crossing Jordan to CSI. I liked the characters much more). I even watched L&O from the beginning (in real time) through all but the last season or two of it's run, but it wasn't the same after Jerry Orbach died (*sniff*).

For me it really is mostly about the characters.

Really interesting.  Does anyone know how Travis Aaron Wade (Cole) hurt his arm?  Is it catching, first Jared and now Travis. 

I really liked the actors behind the scenes info and it is interesting to find out you can get jobs based on your twitter followers and such.  So much has changed since I tried being an actress and there are so many new ways to get yourself out there.  Nice to know so I can inform my students that have the desire to make it in the industry.

• Love 1

Nice interview with Misha about GISHWHES and the mockumentary. Apparently it was almost all Misha, Jared and Jensen' s ideas. Everything about douche! Jared was his idea from the wig to the mirrors. And trying to make it happen was a challenge.

http://www.tvequals.com/2014/12/01/supernatural-chat-interview-misha-collins-gishwhes-fake-documentary/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tvequals+%28TV+Equals%29

• Love 1

Jensen singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas with Jason Manns. Damn his voice just...Smooth Not entirely a fan of the arrangement but damn he sounds good nonetheless.

looks like that sample was taken down.  But it's available on iTunes and Amazon and free listening on Spotify...although for some reason I couldn't get it on Spotify but I did here Misha and Jared's songs.  Weird

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1