Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Huh. Interesting comments from an interview with Jared with the organization that most of the proceeds of his campaign are going towards and something about Sam in s8. 

And I'm kind of like....well hell that rather changes a whole lot of what I think about what Sam did in Sacrifice and boy...the implications for all of s9.  

http://twloha.com/blog/jared-padalecki-always-keep-fighting

JARED: Funnily enough, I feel like Sam struggles with the issues of depression and self-doubt. He also has, literally, tried to end his own life. In the Season 8 finale, Dean tells Sam that if he goes through with something then Sam will die, and Sam’s response is, “So?” That was a very powerful moment for me. I read it, and it made me cry literal, actual tears. I knew people who had that feeling. I, personally, had had that feeling. I think Sam understands that the most difficult or scariest fights aren't the physical ones and that the scariest thing you can encounter is your own mind. Luckily for us (and for me, so that I can still have my job!), Sam has been able to persevere and stick around. But NOT without a little help!

That's kind of a big thing for him to say Sam was suicidal vs sacrificial.  I mean isn't that the entire reason Sam didn't want Dean to do the trials because he thought Dean was suicidal.  And for S9 does that mean Sam really did WANT to die. 

Taking the rest of the discussion to the all seasons thread...because WUT?

Edited by catrox14
'It's an alpaca! They are the greenest animals!"

Hee. Perfect.

And I was wrong on the llama - I thought that's what Dean called it, but after checking, he actually said "camel" - which really? Doesn't an alpaca look more like a llama than a camel (which I thought camels were large and less "fluffy" in comparison). But admittedly I don't know too much about all of them either - except that some alpaca in yarn makes an interesting feeling hat when I knit. (I like alpaca yarn.).

Hee. Perfect.

And I was wrong on the llama - I thought that's what Dean called it, but after checking, he actually said "camel" - which really? Doesn't an alpaca look more like a llama than a camel (which I thought camels were large and less "fluffy" in comparison). But admittedly I don't know too much about all of them either - except that some alpaca in yarn makes an interesting feeling hat when I knit. (I like alpaca yarn.).

All you could ever want to know about the differences between llamas and alpacas.    And they, along with camels, are all Camelids. You're right though, an alpaca doesn't look much like a camel, but it does look like a llama :D

And I agree, alpaca does make for a nice yarn, llama not as much since they have a rougher coat.  Oh and just so you know, you can make yarn from camel hair too. 

And there ends my fibre geek out.  Sorry about that.

• Love 1

::haughty sniff:: The only camelid fur I wear is vicuña.

*sits back in leather club chair with whiskey at hand YES IT IS BLUE LABEL, to continue reading a ticker tape and mulling over which bum and which rich prat will have to trade places for Xmas 2015.*

• Love 1

::haughty sniff:: The only camelid fur I wear is vicuña.

*sits back in leather club chair with whiskey at hand YES IT IS BLUE LABEL, to continue reading a ticker tape and mulling over which bum and which rich prat will have to trade places for Xmas 2015.*

*Snicker*

Technically all alpaca is vicuña, as the two types of alpaca we usually get fibre from are the domesticated versions of the wild vicuña.   If you really want to get snooty (read stupid expensive) only wear Quivit.  It's not from a camelid, but it's probably the most expensive (natural) fibre you can find.

• Love 1

And Felicia Day (Tumblr), if anyone cares.

OOPS forgot about Felicia. Maybe that was subconscious on my part because because I'm backing Orlando Jones...O_O...sorry SPNfamily!

I'm gonna be screwed when the FB battle becomes Jensen vs Stephen Amell.  I mean I adore Jensen but holy cow SA is the king of FB interactions with fans and it's pretty damn remarkable.  But I'll still probably vote for Jensen because  Stephen will win in a landslide IMO. And he'll never let Jensen hear the end of it either you can bet.

• Love 1

VegasCon is this weekend.  I'll be spamming with tweets and stuff. 

Lauren Tom aka Mama Tran spoke about Jared and Jensen's acting these days

Jared and Jensen have been playing these characters so long that they can turn it on and off like a switch. In the pawn shop scene Jared was on the phone with American Airlines trying to book a very important flight. At one point the director yelled ‘Action!’ and Jared says ‘Oh hold on a minute’ and puts the phone in his coat pocket without missing a beat and does the entire scene with the operator still on the line. And when the director yelled ‘Cut!’ he takes his hand out of his pocket and continues his conversation like nothing happened.”
—  

So I want to know, how long did that scene take? How long did he put AA on hold?  How dare he put the AA person on hold! and also LOL.

• Love 5

Timothy Omundson aka CAIN is speaking now.

Sounds like the crowd went nuts for him

From Omundson

Winchester Bros ‏@WinchesterBros 13m13 minutes ago

Is Cain really dead? @Omundson says he doesn't know, but he knows on SPN that involves smoke, lights, etc and there was NO smoke. #VegasCon
11 retweets 26 favorites

Edited by catrox14

Jensen Ackles ‏@JensenAckles 4h4 hours ago

Hey #VegasCon who's gettin excited for a concert tomorrow night? Yeah ya are! Can't wait. #LoudinSwainAndFriends

2,087 retweets 6,419 favorites

Sounds like Jensen is going to sing tomorrow night. 

Somehow I overlooked this but I saw this on Jensen's FB page and laughed a silly amount. 

And his comment is even better. 

Jensen Ackles
November 25, 2014 via Facebook Mentions ·

Hell if I didn't make a wrong turn.

10329084_10152370301231755_8842569190236

What would be the real surprise is if he hung out for Jason Manns late concert on Friday.  Or perhaps less 'surprise' than 'treat'.  It would only work if J2 are not flying back until Monday morning.

I think he is getting more brave about singing in public.  The fact that fans buy his records he's recorded with friends probably surprised him.

I wish he would sing with Christian Kane as well.  I don't know if Kane is still singing with Steve Carlson but he is trying for a real singing career at the same time he's acting and I think the two voices would be magic.  (Kane & Jensen)

So I'm hoping Jensen will sing a bit more so maybe he would be brave enough to do his own record sometime.  I know right now his schedule is tight due to supernatural.  I would like to go to a con before they quit but I hate going places by myself and right now money is tight.  So for now I just have to settle for what I can find on youtube.  :)

I know, I'm crazy.  But I do teach Drama...so I blame that.  Ya that's the ticket.  :)

Edited by 7kstar

Ruh roh......Captain Kirk and Cain are out for Cas's blood Aug 1 through Aug 8......

Timothy Omundson ‏@Omundson 6m6 minutes ago

“@WilliamShatner: I will be in touch but we will destroy the vessel Castiel! ” I relish the thought. So sick of that pretty boy vessel.

This year's GISHWHES week.  LOL

goobers

• Love 1

Hee they will have to wrap it up before Labor Day if Mr. Shatner makes his annual visit to Dragon*Con...

Though I don't know if he'll come this year. Usually he and Leonard Nimoy came together, so I don't know if he'll come alone and do a tribute or if he'll be too bummed to do it. I wish now that I had gone to see them - my Mom and her friend did and told me all about it, but the lines were usually too long. I went to see George Takei a couple of times though. He is an amusing and interesting speaker.

So Jensen actually sang a solo song at Vegas Con....requested by .....

Daddy Winchester...yup...Jensen and JDM were on stage together.  That's dust in my eye, you jerks.

tumblr_nl8qfj2k9A1rpaykqo4_400.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I am too dumb to know how to post pics, but sooooooo nostalgic over this pic on Jensens Twitter:

Awwwww

For some reason, PTV doesn't allow posting pics from Twitter.  So it's not you.  I found it on Tumblr. So here you go!

tumblr_nl8trluuM41tmfxqso2_540.jpg

• Love 2

Jensen sings "Sister Christian" ...tough song. A few missed notes but  I think he acquits himself well. And he nails the final notes. Good stuff.  It's been really fun to see him become more confident considering how anxious it made him before to sing on stage. I sure as hell couldn't do it . I've tried. The anxiety was overwhelming. So good for him for putting himself out there!

http://under-attackles.tumblr.com/post/113673911585/jensen-ackles-singing-sister-christian-by-night

Jensen, JDM , Samantha Smith,Gil McKinney, Jason Manns, Rob Benedict's band Loudon Swain and Mark Sheppard on drums singing "With A Little Help from My Friends" . Jared doesn't seem to be there unless he's backstage.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD8831HooOw#t=64\\

Is it Jason singing the high notes, I can't tell since I can't see his face. 

Jensen may have had a few rocky notes but as he warms up he does really well and stage fright is actually normal and unless you're out there all the time it can mess up the voice.  I've had some really good solos and some really bad stinkers.  So I'm really happy to see a singer gain the confidence because I know how tough the journey is.

I think it's actually Gil McKinney hitting the high notes. I think he's actually the best singer in the bunch*

*Non-professional singer division

Edited by catrox14

I think these Cons have let Jensen's inner rock star come out and it's magical to watch. I was a little bummed to not see Jared but he was at the convention all day helping his sister sell her books -- so he might have just been spending time with her.  

Edited by SueB

I think it's actually Gil McKinney hitting the high notes. I think he's actually the best singer in the bunch*

*Non-professional singer division

I think Gil has had some training and Jensen with some training would really be something.  But he is so darn fun to watch...Does that make me a fan geek? :)

It's fun to watch.  I think that songs that Jensen and Rob practice a lot, they harmonize well. Otherwise I think there's something with the two of them that sometimes doesn't mesh.

But really, having watched the video, it was really quite excellent.  "7 Bridges Row" is just outstanding (they've done this many times), Sister Christian was great as a new add, and "A Little Help From My Friends" was fun.  

I think Jensen's voice is suited for modern country, ballads, jazz and showtunes (not kidding) than full on rock songs. But I am more than happy to listen to him have a go at Kashmir and Stairway to Heaven.  I think he sounds fantastic with Jason Manns but that might just be a natural thing.  I don't know if he and Rob practice a lot or not but I do love the harmonies of the group on 7 Bridges Road.  So beautiful.

Wow, that was fun to watch.  Good for him.  Its been nice to see Jensen open up a bit.  Previous years he seemed really reserved/quiet at cons and interviews (which, as I understand was more him being on the shy side?  idk, I don't really follow behind the scenes much).  But looks like he's having fun  :)

Seeing him with JDM and SS is great, too.

Some voices just don't blend well.  Rob and Jensen need to practice as their voices don't blend naturally where Jensen and Jason M do.

I think another voice that would blend well is Christian Kane. 

One of the things that use to drive me insane, is my mother has a great natural voice and she didn't have much training.  She would get how great you sing, while I got not much or not sure if you're a good singer.  or even worse "you can't sing, I hate your voice."

So for a long time I believed the ones giving me the negative were being truthful but the positive were just being nice.  Then I had a couple of voice teachers figure out I was breathing wrong and when I get nervous of course I'd go off pitch.  Most of the time I fought "I can't sing" and that did way more damage than people realize.

Finally I had some people support me and once I stopped because I was positive I sucked, the whole group said, don't stop keep going.  those people help me get past the fear.  Fear is a powerful enemy of singing.

So to shorten this long boring tale, Jensen has doubts about his voice but not acting.  He hasn't been trained in singing and is making natural mistakes beginning singers make and he has a gift of pitch perfect that makes him hard on himself.  So the fans letting him know how much they love him even if he misses a note has really allowed him to explore the art of performing in a realm he isn't as comfortable with as in acting.

Because of my background I don't put singers down if I hear they can sing, I just know they need some training to get there.  I guess my final victory was I sang in front of a crowd and some stranger asked one of my friends, who is she, I want to buy her record.  That's as close as I've gotten to being in the spotlight.  :)

• Love 3

So to shorten this long boring tale, Jensen has doubts about his voice but not acting.  He hasn't been trained in singing and is making natural mistakes beginning singers make and he has a gift of pitch perfect that makes him hard on himself.  So the fans letting him know how much they love him even if he misses a note has really allowed him to explore the art of performing in a realm he isn't as comfortable with as in acting.

FWIW, I've also heard that he's pretty reserved. Not a goofball "life of the party" type. It might just be his personality rather than nerves or anything. Though obviously it's not like I really know.

An ex of mine was into acting, and he said that what he liked about it was that you got to perform and connect with the other actors and audience, etc, but you didn't have to do it as *yourself.* You got to connect without having to spill your *own* guts. Performing as a musician is sort of different, because you're doing it as *you.*

IDK, I'm way too introverted for either and can't really relate! My hell would be if I had to become a standup comedian for money.

• Love 1

Thanks for your story 7kstar -- I'm still in the middle of a very similar story myself (just now beginning to get training and tips that will actually help me), but I can definitely see how Jensen's naturally more reserved personality would tie into nerves and maybe cause the same types of issues I know I've had before. Hopefully he's got good encouragement around him to keep pursuing it as long as he wants.

ETA: Oh, I think I melt If I actually heard Jensen singing with Christian Kane. And I don't even like country music, man!

Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 2

Jeffrey Dean Morgan speaking at Vegas Con.  some quotes

F

Fangasm ‏@FangasmSPN 3m3 minutes ago

JDM: I did pilot #spn w a baby who's now 7 feet tall and a 3 yr old who's now the biggest smartass I know #vegascon

Fangasm ‏@FangasmSPN 4m4 minutes ago

JDM. This never happens, but #spn changed their shooting schedule so I could shoot w my boys. They were my boys first damn it! #vegascon
62 retweets 76 favorites

Fangasm ‏@FangasmSPN 1m1 minute ago

JDM: season 1, we were all falling in love w each other. @jarpad and @JensenAckles are at the top of my list of guys I love #vegascon
Details

Fangasm ‏@FangasmSPN 2m2 minutes ago

Jdm: when I came back to do shadow, we were all so excited and had the giggles #vegascon pic.twitter.com/XpLMhKhu5h
  • Love 1

More JDM stuff ..  oh Jeffrey LOL LHWYA

Winchester Bros ‏@WinchesterBros 35s35 seconds ago

#JDM's thoughts after reading the pilot: "This is gonna suck, I'm only going to be one episode and my wife burned on the ceiling." #VegasCon

Winchester Bros ‏@WinchesterBros 21s21 seconds ago

#JDM felt that for that last moment of John in the Pilot he wanted to convey that John was going to go and kick ass. #VegasCon

Fangasm ‏@FangasmSPN 11s11 seconds ago

JDM: the john I knew loved his sons and was willing to die for them. I wish we'd had some more emotional scenes w the boys #vegascon

Wow, does JDM want back in?

I'm going with ....yes.  OR he is already back in and we are being trolled.  PLEASE YES

angasm ‏@FangasmSPN 4m4 minutes ago

JDM: if I...WHEN I come back, I wanna do a scene that makes u guys cry #tissues #vegascon

Winchester Bros ‏@WinchesterBros 57s57 seconds ago

#J2 are crashing #JDM's panel. Huge hugs on stage. #VegasCon #J3

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Wow, does JDM want back in?

JDM has always said he'd love to return to the show. I know he was really busy for a couple years there and they tried to get him back but his schedule never worked out. But always when asked JDM says he'd love to come back.

JDM has always said he'd love to return to the show. I know he was really busy for a couple years there and they tried to get him back but his schedule never worked out. But always when asked JDM says he'd love to come back.

Yeah, but it sounds like he's laying it on *thick* right now.

I had thought the main problem with getting JDM back on the show was that he wanted more money than the show could/would pay. But if they've solved that problem, then great! Obviously, I'd love if he were on. If they made him a regular, I would be stoked, js.

I'd also heard (forget where) that JDM didn't like being cast as the father to two men who are nowhere near young enough to actually be his sons. He's only like ~10 years older than JA? But Idk, he actually totally pulled off being Sam and Dean's father, so. It's not that he looked/looks old, imo, he just has gravitas. Well anyway. I doubt that a minor hit to the ego like that would have kept him off the show on its own, though.

Also, here at the shallow end of the pool -- I gotta say, that man is totally my type. If they bring JDM back on the show...and, while they're at it, find a way to get Tahmoh Penikett on, too...OMG I would be in heaven as far as eyecandy goes.

Yeah, but it sounds like he's laying it on *thick* right now.

Well, I've speculated about this in the spec thread a few times. ;)

Maybe it was a money thing, but I recall a couple interviews and at least one commentary where Kripke stated that they tried to get JDM back, but couldn't work out the scheduling because he was busy being a movie star. One was for Dream A Little Dream Of Me--the Dean on Dean scene was originally conceived to be Dean on John, but JDM was unavailable. I also know the only way they got the stuff with him in All Hell Breaks Loose II was they filmed JDM's sequences while filming a previous episode. Then they had all these changes due Kripke writing an almost unproducable script, so they then had to reshoot Jared (because he was originally supposed to be all covered in blood from a battle with Jake) on green-screen and drop him into the scene because they couldn't get JDM back for the reshoot. I don't know, but everything I've read suggests it was scheduling issues, I've actually never heard there were money issues before.

Personally, I never could get into JDM as grown-Sam and-Dean's father. In the Pilot and in Something Wicked, I think he works really well, but I didn't think he carried the gravitas required for the character further down the hunter road.  The age difference was an issue for me as well. I usually can ignore that though since so many actors really aren't cast age-appropriate. I just never bought him as their father. Plus, I find JDM lacking in any on-screen charisma and he always lulls me into a coma in everything I've seen him do. Of course that's just the effect he has on me, he obviously works for others. I could get behind a reappearance though, if for nothing else than the joy it would probably bring Jensen.

However, if JDM is your type rue, have you watched Magic City? I couldn't get into it because I kept falling asleep whenever JDM was on-screen (which made the show kinda impossible to watch for me since he's the lead), but you might love the show. There's a quite a few layerless scenes of JDM.

• Love 1

Then they had all these changes due Kripke writing an almost unproducable script, so they then had to reshoot Jared (because he was originally supposed to be all covered in blood from a battle with Jake) on green-screen and drop him into the scene because they couldn't get JDM back for the reshoot. I don't know, but everything I've read suggests it was scheduling issues, I've actually never heard there were money issues before.

Wow, that had to be embarrassing for Kripke! What was wrong with his script?

W/r/t bringing JDM on, I don't remember where I heard interviews that made me think it was a budget issue. I *think* it was an interview with either Jared or Jensen in which they said that, while it would be great to have JDM back on, realistically, the show just didn't have enough pull to get him with any regularity. I heard that as:  SPN wasn't willing to throw enough money JDM's way to make committing to the show worth his while. Also, his "star was rising" back in '07 or so, so I doubt he would have wanted to join the cast of a small show (with a relatively small budget and very little cachet) back then in any case. Now is a different story.

But then again, my default explanation for why anyone does anything is that it's for the money. That's why I'm flummoxed as to why Jared and Jensen still bother to go to cons, instead of spending their weekends swimming through their piles of money, a la Scrooge McDuck. But of course, they *do* keep bothering to go to cons! So obviously my default explanation is often wrong :)

However, if JDM is your type rue, have you watched Magic City? I couldn't get into it because I kept falling asleep whenever JDM was on-screen (which made the show kinda impossible to watch for me since he's the lead), but you might love the show. There's a quite a few layerless scenes of JDM.

Netflix keeps recommending it to me, but the premise sounds terrible. Who cares about some sleazy rich guy with mob connections, and in the '50s no less. I guess that sort of thing is supposed to be ~glamorous~, but my grandfather was involved in organized crime for pretty much his whole life, and *that* sure wasn't glamorous. IRL it was a bunch of opportunistic assholes trying to scam and intimidate everybody (including each other), and who didn't give a shit who got hurt (including each other). Talk about "it's for the money." Bleh.

But maybe I'll watch it anyway, and just try to tune out everything but JDM :P.

So, you really think that he's likely coming back on SPN? I had been thinking of Matthew Cohen rather than JDM in terms of bringing back John, because JDM seemed like such a lost cause. And anyway, that version of John is dead. Albeit that's meaningless on this show.

Would you be unhappy if they were to bring him back, since the actor rubs you the wrong way? Or would you find the SL/relationships interesting enough to make up for that?

Did you see JDM in Watchmen? Or PS I love you in which he plays an Irish singer?  I really liked him in both those roles.  I particularly liked him in Watchmen. 

I thought he seemed old enough to be Sam and Dean's father especially if IRL he's 12 years older than Jensen and he could be a young father at like 20.  And I think JDM is a versatile actor and has presence but that's just me.

I wouldn't want him back full time on the show but I do hope we get him back for one or two more episodes.

• Love 1