Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

Good for him (and of course the year someone from SPN wins, the award isn't telecast - what a shocker). 

I see that BATB won again. No offense to the show or fans, it just sort of cracks me up at this point. But kudos to them for their dedication.

Edited by Pete Martell

Yay for Misha! I'm thrilled he got recognition for his hard work.  I kinda feel the Sci-Fi TV crowd gets dissed by the People's Choice awards so... meh on not presenting.  I hope the CW does a little "thing" for Misha in a promo or something. 

Well it IS the first time we've beat TVD for actor. I'm surprised that we didn't take duo as well. Seems to me people would have vote in both categories. OTOH, it's a pain to vote like 20+ times a day and I'm sure fans were well into the hundreds. When it comes right down too it, with the setup as is (insane repeat voting levels for the SciFi categories), it's hard to win more than one category if you have to vote in extreme fashion.

I kinda wish they'd limit the voting to 100 votes a day per IP. Sure people would get around the system some but this current unlimited approach over-invests people I think. I know, I'm a queen of obsession but this is just an endurance test in these categories.

Personally I wish we'd have only one category that recognizes the show, blow that away and keep drama out of it.

But the good news is that an awesome guy got a public recognition where he's never had much before. So yay for that.

Edited by SueB

Reading over the list of winners, they definitely skew young (Pretty Little Liars for best Cable Drama over Bates Motel, Rizzoli and Isles, Sons of Anarchy, and True Detective?  Yeah, okay.) -- so I'm not surprised that TVD won for best duo.  Those damn kids and their shipping.  ;-)

• Love 1

Misha's reaction to the big news:

The CW has officially picked up ‪#‎Supernatural‬ for 2016! Next season will focus on our characters' advanced age & mobility challenges!

I wonder how often his kids roll their eyes at his bad jokes?  ;-)

• Love 1

Wow. Those boys can really find a steal at a thrift store, can't they? I was especially impressed by Sam's Armani suit.

It reminds me of something they said about the X-Files wardrobe and how in the first season Mulder and Scully wore more typical "FBI suits," but they soon realized that those clothes just didn't look as good as a really nice suit.  So they went a little more high end the next season. 

Interesting  that they have to buy really expensive Jeans.  Suits I can get and yes I do know someone that found some real jems in the thriftstore...but do I buy that for everything...Nope.  Wish it was so easy in real life...lol.

I'm surprised about the jeans as well. I can find great fitting jeans even now for less than $15, and often ones either made in USA, or with USA fabric. And that's new jeans, not thrift store. They last forever it seems, and I get compliments on how good they look * - and I'm no skinny-minny anymore. For me I found that the trick seems to be a bit of lycra for close fitting legs with a boot flair cuff - a little long with a couple inch heel bootlets or thick-souled sneakers... generally they're nothing fancy either. My favorite pair is a $12 pair of Eddie Bauer classic boot-cuts (except short, because I'm considered short nowadays, and even with the short, I can't wear flat flats) with some subtle flowers stitched on the back pockets. And they're comfortable to boot. It's more about finding the right fit than anything. And nowadays, there's so many jean types - for men too - there's usually something for everyone - even for inexpensive jeans.

So yeah, I generally don't get the expensive jeans thing.

* Like asking me sincerely if I've lost weight even when I've gained a few pounds... change of jean style works better than me actually losing weight sometimes.

Those prices for jeans don't seem high to me, considering they're probably retail. I wear Lucky and 7 For All Mankind, too, and those brands are all over Marshall's/TJMaxx-type places for +/- $20 per. They wear well and, personally, I like their cut (esp Lucky), but they're just ordinary, boring jeans. Nothing fancy. I'm surprised how low-end pretty much all those clothes are, actually! I was expecting it to be more...Paper Denim & Cloth, maybe? Not "fast fashion" from H&M and suburban department store stuff anyway. But apparently those men look like *that* dressed in some random $15 shirt from Target or whatever. Color me impressed.

Guess I'm high maintenance because I would be so sad, though, if I were "living the dream" -- starring on a show and raking in the money and all that -- yet still had to go on national television every week in front of millions of people wearing a lightweight cargo jacket from Kohl's, etc. I mean JEEZ can there be any glamor at all. Though I guess it can work out for the best:  Remember that hideous red plaid button down with the puffy capped sleeves that new!Ruby wore the first time she was introduced? Possibly the worst shirt I've ever seen, it is etched in my memory forever. When I saw it, I thought, "this poor woman's new!character is getting introduced to millions wearing an unflattering, weird shirt like *that*?" I felt so bad for her that I was predisposed toward Ruby for the whole season.

Why's Marvatron in a devil's trap...is he a demon now?

I don't know if he's gonna lose the Mark or maybe all my wishes will come true and Dean will end Marv's stupid ass. ;)

Actually, I don't think he will lose it because we have Cain coming back later in the season, right? I'm thinking he loses it in that episode some how. Or maybe just finds a way to control it like Cain did? I don't know.

• Love 1

The Holy oil ring of fire couldn't contain him. How could a Devils trap? And if Dean loses the MoC before he sees Cain again I'll just give up.

Please make it be true that Dean kills Marvatron. Please please please

Recommend taking this to the Spoilers page, I put the rest of the photos there.

The Holy oil ring of fire couldn't contain him. How could a Devils trap?

Marvatron was using the Angel Tablet as a power source...that's gone now.  But a Devil's trap won't work.  I'm guessing Enochian handcuffs.

oh Jared. Apparently he accidentally tweeted his phone number and ended up talking to a fan named Ashley who called the number. LOL .   /smh

eta: correction ...she texted them and here's what happened.  Dammit. Why didn't I say it was my birthday!

But really what a great thing the boys did to respond to a really dumb thing Jared did. 

https://twitter.com/ashleyevans113/status/555214145738391552/photo/1

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

The SPN Facebook page is doing a sort of countdown to the new episode.  Yesterday was Jared:

Sammy will do anything to save Dean. ‪#‎Supernatural‬ returns in 5 DAYS!

Today was Jensen:

Once Dean cuts loose, there's no stopping him. ‪#‎Supernatural‬ returns in 4 DAYS!

Now, if I could just link to the corresponding videos....

• Love 1

I swear, I don't post everything that Misha says, just the stuff that tickles my funny bone.  Like this:

For a city that claims to be so tech-savvy, San Francisco defends it's coastline with pathetically obsolete weaponry. (No offense, Stephen Amell.)

UK3WjWI.jpg

• Love 3

Today is Jared again.  

It's going to take every resource to stop what's coming. The return of #Supernatural is only 2 DAYS away.

The clip included this exchange (warning, repeat joke alert!):

Marvatron:  Why do you assume I won't be helpful?
Sam:  Because you're a dickwad.

Marvatron:  But I'm your dickwad!

Holy crap. They really said "dickwad"?  LOLOL. 

Yes I laughed when I heard that.  Sam man up and kill him already.  wishful thinking not spoiler...

So will the last one be Jensen...IT BETTER!

I think that might be the most vulgar thing that ever made it past the censors.  That makes me laugh.

I'm not really sure they are censoring anything like they should anymore.  Watching some shows in the early hours and it has plenty of stuff that shouldn't be allowed during young eyes.  But they seem to get a lot of stuff past the censors that really shouldn't have been allowed.  I guess it's the parent's job or they feel they no longer have to do it...

Oh I laughed and I'm not offended either, but I know when I watch stuff it is amazing how much gets by the censors today. 

Kripke said they sent stuff that was worse to get what they wanted, so that might be why they are so successful at it.  Anyhow it has been nice seeing them trying to find more support for this show and the internet is fine since it is how younger viewers discover stuff.  So I've enjoyed seeing these ads.  :) 

(From Misha, of course.)  I really love the friendship between these guys:

Jensen Ackles cleans up nice (when he puts a little thought into his wardrobe). Needless to say, had a great weekend in San Francisco with Creation Entertainment. Get ready, Houston!

ooXOKRB.jpg

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 2

I think that might be the most vulgar thing that ever made it past the censors.  That makes me laugh.

I don't know about vulgar, catrox14, but in Point of No Return, when Cas made a snide remark and Dean replied with "Blow me, Cas", I was surprised that got by the censors. And a few minutes later Dean winks at Cas and tells him that the last time someone looked at him like that, he got laid. So apparently the censors are generous.