Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

When Dean & Sam are guesting on Wayward Sisters and he tweets about how there's nothing better than their chemistry together, I'll accept that it was only an expression.

What if he says something slightly different like "nothing better than working with them" or "nothing better than Sam and Dean together." He might not think to use the exact same phrase.

25 minutes ago, Diane said:

This is what I am reminded of a lot on this forum. 

“Can we not fight? You know, half the time we're fighting, I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads. Sammy, I, I've made some mistakes. But I've always done the best I could. I just don't want to fight anymore, okay?” John Winchester

Don’t you mean the SN fandom as a whole? It seems these days we are all just looking an excuse to nitpick and argue about someone LOL 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Katy M said:

What if he says something slightly different like "nothing better than working with them" or "nothing better than Sam and Dean together." He might not think to use the exact same phrase.

For me it would be the same thing. I would be irritated regardless if I agreed or not, because it would be fanning fandom flames and is a bad idea. 

@catrox14 precisely, and that is the crux of this whole debate. It's great working with them vs nothing better than working with them; Sam and Dean are great together vs nothing better than Sam and Dean. These phrases simply don't mean the same thing. By its very nature 'nothing better than' implies exactly that: nothing else compares.

from the Longman Dictionary:

nothing better

a) used to say that you really like something or think that something is very goodlike/love/enjoy

nothing better (than) 

She likes nothing better than a nice long walk along the beach. There’s nothing better than beating someone who’s playing well.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, pixelcat said:

This popped up on my twitter feed yesterday:

At first because it was a promoted tweet I didn't pay any attention to it, then I read the text and thought, that sounds familiar...

How awesome is that? Love!

ETA: Do you think this was because of Dean's birthday, or does Arby's randomly use SPN stuff?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

How awesome is that? Love!

ETA: Do you think this was because of Dean's birthday, or does Arby's randomly use SPN stuff?

There's been a few Arby's promotions with Supernatural stuff lately. Someone is a fan over there. Even Kripke noticed and found it very flattering.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

There's been a few Arby's promotions with Supernatural stuff lately. Someone is a fan over there. Even Kripke noticed and found it very flattering.

Maybe the show can reciprocate, and the boys can start going to Arby’s. Dean would love curly fries!

• Love 2

There's another beer company interview in the Spoilers thread because there's a slight spoiler in it.  BUT I felt the need to come over here and gush about the following:
1) Jensen sees acting as a craft.  I think he's right.

2) Jensen didn't know women put perfume on their wrists too?  That's kinda funny.  It never occurred to me that men and women use perfume/cologne differntly and yet now that I think about it, my husband puts on a spritz the same way Jensen does.  *insert "The More You Know" meme*.

3) Besides being an adorable couple, Jensen is so very much in love with his wife. It just freakin' ooozes out of him when he was happy about knowing all the trivia (IMO).

4) In Austin 'everyone' has dogs and kids.  I didn't know that. 

• Love 5

Jensen is a very fortunate man and he knows it and appreciates it and enjoys it. He seems to have everything... looks, talent, love, happiness, fulfillment and strong friendships.

It's so easy to be his #1 fan. 

• Love 7

JJ is adorable. In the last convention, I think Jensen mentioned throwing a princess birthday party and JJ said okay but only if her daddy would be the princess.  Raise your hand if you think Jensen would totally do that?  Serious, dude is in LOVE with his family and that's so very nice to see.  

• Love 3

I haven't seen this pic on here yet (or did I miss it?):  (we don't see the twins very often...)

Or is this thread supposed to be only the cast members and not just their families without them?  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The Ackles 

This pic makes me ridiculously happy(look at JJ so sweetly caressing her daddy's face!), and Jensen's comment on it is the cherry on top... *loves*

• Love 4

Two things. One, Ruthie Connell is taking over the SPN Facebook page today at 11:AM PST. And two, does this tweet mean that Gomez is in charge of the SPN facebook page? Because that would explain a lot. Like, why it is so incredibly boring and dry.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Two things. One, Ruthie Connell is taking over the SPN Facebook page today at 11:AM PST. And two, does this tweet mean that Gomez is in charge of the SPN facebook page? Because that would explain a lot. Like, why it is so incredibly boring and dry.

She is awful at promoting Arrow too.  It's a mystery to me. Maybe she's someone's niece at the CW.  LOL

• Love 4

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, so if not let me know and I'll move it.

My favorite past time is obvious by my user name.  A set of novel I enjoy are the Scot Harvath novels by Brad Thor. 

I tweeted that I would love to see these books made into movies, and have Jensen cast in the lead role.  The author responded.

This isn't the first time he's mentioned it.  

Somone just mentioned they were reading Path to Assassin and the author was the one who bough it up unprompted. 

I love when Jensen get recognition outside the fandom.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, so if not let me know and I'll move it.

My favorite past time is obvious by my user name.  A set of novel I enjoy are the Scot Harvath novels by Brad Thor. 

I tweeted that I would love to see these books made into novels, and have Jensen cast in the lead role.  The author responded.

This isn't the first time he's mentioned it.  

Somone just mentioned they were reading Path to Assassin and the author was the one who bough it up unprompted. 

I love when Jensen get recognition outside the fandom.

At this point, I want to see him move on to something else so badly, it hurts.

I'll have to check out these books...

• Love 1
Just now, Myrelle said:

At this point, I want to see him move on to something else so badly, it hurts.

I'll have to check out these books...

Harvath is an ex-navy seal that fights terrorism.  It would be such a perfect roll for Jensen.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I have not read so I would be unlikely to watch. Hopefully he’ll get this role after Supernatural. 

Anything to keep him out of your beloved Marvel world LOL.

Just curious, do you only watch films and TV shows based on books if you've read said books? I've never read Game of Thrones but I watch the show.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Anything to keep him out of your beloved Marvel world LOL.

Just curious, do you only watch films and TV shows based on books if you've read said books? I've never read Game of Thrones but I watch the show.

Generally I will read the original book series before watching an adaptation. Funnily enough Game of Thrones was an exception to this rule and I watched seasons 1-3 before reading A Song of Ice and Fire. However, I have read the books since then. My main exception would be comics. I enjoy the MCU and to a lesser extent the DCEU, but Comics was never a medium I could get into for some reason.