Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I had 4 yrs of Latin in high school a long time ago. Didn't think of it for the SAT, but it was a good basis for learning other languages.  And we got to read Cicero and the Aeneid in Latin <geek>.

• Love 4

I took Latin in high school as well and the first thing I noticed when "Sam" was using Latin was his correct pronunciations of the words. Maybe that was what sold Kripke on Jared. LOL (Just joking - don't throw tomatoes)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I took Latin in high school as well and the first thing I noticed when "Sam" was using Latin was his correct pronunciations of the words. Maybe that was what sold Kripke on Jared. LOL (Just joking - don't throw tomatoes)

Hey, it's important!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

http://deangirlsince07.tumblr.com

If I find a better quality video I will post it.  This is from Gens instagram but I can't find it.....

A very drunk group of concert revelers. 

That was fun! ACL always seems to be a good time for them.

OAN, it looks like Jared went after someone else who wronged him, naming names on Twitter. At least he deleted it this time, but I read some pretty disturbing threats toward this person before he did. So not cool, on anyone's part. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

OAN, it looks like Jared went after someone else who wronged him, naming names on Twitter. At least he deleted it this time, but I read some pretty disturbing threats toward this person before he did. So not cool, on anyone's part. 

Yeah, I didn’t see the tweet, but from what I gathered I personally think he goes too far when he names the individual employee. It’s one thing saying “the customer service at (company sucks)” and another to target an individual “(name name of company is really bad at her job”. Plus, for all we know, he/she might just be following company policy and can’t afford to be fired by circumventing the rules for him.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yeah, I didn’t see the tweet, but from what I gathered I personally think he goes too far when he names the individual employee. It’s one thing saying “the customer service at (company sucks)” and another to target an individual “(name name of company is really bad at her job”. Plus, for all we know, he/she might just be following company policy and can’t afford to be fired by circumventing the rules for him.

That's the thing - we don't know what precipitated the tweet (and it was on my timeline before he deleted it, so I saw it for myself). It's entirely possible that she was 'the worst human being' that he (he also @'ed Jensen, unfortunately - probably also the reason it came down almost immediately) had ever crossed paths with'. And of course, he's as entitled to his feelings as any human being is. But it's just plain irresponsible of him to target a person by name on social media. It's just not a fair fight. I would love to hear him reconcile this kind of behaviour with his and Gen's 'humanitarian' fight against cyber-bullying.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would love to hear him reconcile this kind of behaviour with his and Gen's 'humanitarian' fight against cyber-bullying.

As would I. 

It's inexcusable.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, bethy said:

As would I. 

It's inexcusable.

It's also not the first (or second) time he's done this.  Maybe Gen needs to monitor his tweets (at least when he's angry).  IA it's inexcusable for a celebrity (no matter how big or small) to target a working person by name on SM.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would love to hear him reconcile this kind of behaviour with his and Gen's 'humanitarian' fight against cyber-bullying.

I think he needs a SM handler, a reality check, medication or a some combination thereof. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I saw that.  As usual fans are going overboard.  It was some lady that treated Jared and Jensen badly.  But it does seem to happen when drinking and twitter is involved doesn't it.

• Love 4

Someone needs to put Jared's Twitter app on a secret code that only they know when Jared is out and about. I'm sure these guys get a lot of shit from the public and even service people that we don't know about. The problem is that he's not helping his own cause by doing it this way. He could DM the company privately and complain about to them directly. And no I don't think he's responsible for what fans do in his 'defense'. 

• Love 2

This is a serious question. What kind of crap are two good-looking, rich, celebrity guys getting from servers? That just seems counter-productive to me if you're living off tips. Unless the people at such a table are being a bunch of  rich, entitled jackasses wouldn't you be extra helpful and polite so you'd get a hefty tip? 

ETA: And I do think he bears some responsibility for what crazy "fans" do in this situation. This isn't the first time he's done this, and people have made threats. He KNOWS that's going to happen, and he does it anyway. 

Edited by bethy
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Someone needs to put Jared's Twitter app on a secret code that only they know when Jared is out and about. I'm sure these guys get a lot of shit from the public and even service people that we don't know about. The problem is that he's not helping his own cause by doing it this way. He could DM the company privately and complain about to them directly. And no I don't think he's responsible for what fans do in his 'defense'. 

Indeed, everyone is responsible for their own behaviour, but I do believe Jared has culpability here. Maybe more than most, he knows  the 'power', for lack of a better word, he has to influence and incite his fans, if for no other reason than the fact it has already happened multiple times. There's a big difference between tweeting that Live Nation (in this case) customer service sucks, and naming the person responsible for whatever affront he's suffered. He knows it, or he wouldn't have deleted the tweet almost immediately.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5

Poor impulse control.  Needs to think before he pushes the "post" button (which is similar to last week's discussion about how he doesn't always think before he speaks, so he tends to be misinterpreted. ) Jared has to realize he's in the public eye *ALL THE TIME*. That's the joy of getting a multi-million-dollar salary.  And, as @gonzosgirrl said, this has happened before, so he *knows* how some fans (over)react, so doing the same thing yet again can be considered not just thoughtless but irresponsible.   

10 minutes ago, bethy said:

On a lighter note... I don't know if anyone else watches Brooklyn-99, but this made me laugh:

LOL.  I assume that's Dean on the right in the plaid, and Sam on the left (because Dean "doesn't do shorts.")

Edited by ahrtee
punctuation counts
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Indeed, everyone is responsible for their own behaviour, but I do believe Jared has culpability here. Maybe more than most, he knows  the 'power', for lack of a better word, he has to influence his fans, if for no other reason than the fact it has already happened multiple times. There's a big difference between tweeting that Live Nation (in this case) customer service sucks, and naming the person responsible for whatever affront he's suffered. He knows it, or he wouldn't have deleted the tweet almost immediately.

Ugh, I couldn't agree more. I'm really surprised his representation hasn't stopped this type of thing since it's happened so many times.

13 minutes ago, bethy said:

On a lighter note... I don't know if anyone else watches Brooklyn-99, but this made me laugh:

Ha, Sam's the bald one right? Dean doesn't do shorts ; ) LOL

Edited by trxr4kids
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Ugh, I couldn't agree more. I'm really surprised his representation hasn't stopped this type of thing since it's happened so many times.

Ha, Sam's the bald one right? Dean doesn't do shorts ; ) LOL

It would be pretty funny if Sam ends up balding like maybe that's his Hell. LOL

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I’m just nosying on twitter and apparently anyone who does not agree with Jared’s tweet are Destiel fans who hate him anyway. This is coming from the hardcore Jared and J2 stans of course. 

Unfortunately you're going to get those types of fans with many fan bases.   Fans that blame what they perceive as  'haters'.  I don't really understand the rivalry with in the fan base at all and obviously what they are saying isn't true.   I like all of the actors even though I am more of a Sam fan and I don't ship anything and I don't agree with his tweets.  

I am disappointed he has done it again but I am trying to look at it positively and think that at least he deleted it quickly and maybe.... just maybe this is a sign that he is regretting his initial choice to post it and this is the very last time he tweets stuff like this.   I really hope so anyway.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

As someone with many years of art classes behind me, there's something terribly wrong with the perspective in that picture! :)  It took me a while to figure out which was Jensen's left arm, but whose legs are in between Jensen's and Danneel's?  Whose arm is on his shoulder? (The angle seems wrong for the person next to him.)  Where's Danneel's other arm?

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

As someone with many years of art classes behind me, there's something terribly wrong with the perspective in that picture! :)  It took me a while to figure out which was Jensen's left arm, but whose legs are in between Jensen's and Danneel's?  Whose arm is on his shoulder? (The angle seems wrong for the person next to him.)  Where's Danneel's other arm?

Were they in the middle of Twister game? LOL

20 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

LOL! Danneel's arm is up and around the girl behind her (with her mouth wide open). I think  she's somewhat crouched/pressed against Danneel  at the chest, and butt toward Jensen, with her arm around Jensen. I think those are her legs, too,

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

LOL! Danneel's arm is up and around the girl behind her (with her mouth wide open). I think  she's somewhat crouched/pressed against Danneel  at the chest, and butt toward Jensen, with her arm around Jensen. I think those are her legs, too,

OK.  But there's a pair of legs in very short shorts or a dress under Jensen's right arm (and in front of his right leg).  I think they're at the wrong angle (and too far away) for the woman with her mouth open (unless she's really, *really* flexible.) I think her leg is behind Danneel's.   I guess there could be a short person hidden behind Jensen with only her legs showing? 

I think I'm thinking about this way too much. :)

10 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

OK.  But there's a pair of legs in very short shorts or a dress under Jensen's right arm (and in front of his right leg).  I think they're at the wrong angle (and too far away) for the woman with her mouth open (unless she's really, *really* flexible.) I think her leg is behind Danneel's.   I guess there could be a short person hidden behind Jensen with only her legs showing? 

I think I'm thinking about this way too much. :)

I think those are the legs of the woman between and behind Jensen and Danneel

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think those are the legs of the woman between and behind Jensen and Danneel

I thought so, too, but I think they're facing the wrong way.  But maybe she just has a veerrry long torso.

She was in the pedal car with Gen and Danneel.  Anyone know who she is?

6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I thought so, too, but I think they're facing the wrong way.  But maybe she just has a veerrry long torso.

She was in the pedal car with Gen and Danneel.  Anyone know who she is?

Does this help? I outlined her in yellow. It's the way she's bent/leaning. Jensen's arm in bent in front of himself, his hand is almost touching her hand, you can see her butt in the space between. Her arm is around Jensen's back. I think the leg behind Danneel's is the girl who is beside Jared.

dan.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Does this help? I outlined her in yellow. It's the way she's bent/leaning. Jensen's arm in bent in front of himself, his hand is almost touching her hand, you can see her butt in the space between. Her arm is around Jensen's back. I think the leg behind Danneel's is the girl who is beside Jared.

dan.JPG

If she stood up straight she would be taller than Jared.  It's like a group photo from IKEA....some assembly required.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Diane said:

Are headbands a thing now?

Maybe it has something to do with the party, just like they all (including Jensen) seem to be wearing a large number of bracelets.

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ah, OK.  Thanks.

1) They certainly appear to be having fun. And Gen's video on instagram was adorable.  I loved Daneel yelling "On your LEFT" (which is from Captain America: The Winter Soldier). And Gen ensuring they "win" the bike race.  Nicely played.
2) I'm presuming alcohol provided sufficient lubricant for them all to be so bendy in that picture.
3) Bracelets, bandanas, and artfully torn jeans.  I'm sure they are the epitome of fashion perfection although it's not my personal style
4) Jared anger-tweet: *headdesk* Yes, I think Papa Ackles made him delete it.  He really needs to let that shit go. Hopefully the individual is okay -- even if they were an asshole, Jared calling them by name is like a 5 lb hammer on a gnat.  
5) It's a good and healthy set of marriages that take time out to be a couple and cut loose.  A good reminder for the me (and maybe others) to remember to always continue to "play" with your spouse.  

• Love 6

I still cannot figure out the photo - I can only assume a couple of those women are pretty darn tall.

Our guys work hard and play hard.  And they do it with headbands and their own families.  Good for them. 

Jared seems to have little impulse control.  He should maybe always include his buddy Jensen in these complaint type tweets.  That way they're taken down right away. LOL 

• Love 1

I was ordering these EW issues and got to thinking... I wonder whose choice it was to have Jared/Sam be a 'monster'? Both Jensen and Misha have props but don't really appear to be in costume, per se (if it being a Halloween issue is the reason). Thoughts?

boys.jpg

Well if I thought the covers meant anything story wise, I postulate the following based on some of the spoilery things known thus far

Spoiler

Dabb has made little side comments about whether Sam could go evil and Sam is identifying with Jack who might also go dark side, so Sam being a monster is telling us that Sam will go darkside.

Misha is holding a skull which is associated with Death and the Grim Reaper, so maybe Cas comes back as a reaper, or Death or maybe a wizard or a witch. 

Dean remains human and the protector of Earth including kittens. If you see symbolism in the choice of a black haired, blue-eyed cat then maybe that signals that Dean will protect Cas upon his return. (Or Dean decides to take up witchcraft, and Cas becomes Dean's familiar named Catstiel ;). 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, SueB said:

1) They certainly appear to be having fun. And Gen's video on instagram was adorable.  I loved Daneel yelling "On your LEFT" (which is from Captain America: The Winter Soldier). And Gen ensuring they "win" the bike race.  Nicely played.
2) I'm presuming alcohol provided sufficient lubricant for them all to be so bendy in that picture.
3) Bracelets, bandanas, and artfully torn jeans.  I'm sure they are the epitome of fashion perfection although it's not my personal style
4) Jared anger-tweet: *headdesk* Yes, I think Papa Ackles made him delete it.  He really needs to let that shit go. Hopefully the individual is okay -- even if they were an asshole, Jared calling them by name is like a 5 lb hammer on a gnat.  
5) It's a good and healthy set of marriages that take time out to be a couple and cut loose.  A good reminder for the me (and maybe others) to remember to always continue to "play" with your spouse.  

Hey I looked the headband thing up and it really is a trend right now, I am just out of touch and too old for the trend.  Just to be clear I wasn't putting it down, just curious.  They really did look like they had a good time.  I was in a VIP tent one time at the US Open here in Tulsa, the alcohol free flowed all day. Thank god we had a car service. I don't even have any idea how much we drank.  Then there was a storm and so we were stuck in the tent because of lightening, so when we walked to where our car was picking us up we ended up barefoot and muddy.  Great times!!

Edited by Diane
  • Love 1