Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

They might be thinking that since Dean shared his storylines with Sam, then Jensen should share the projects he's working on with Jared. 😁

They aren't Jensen's to share. Also I don't think Kripke was serious about a part for Jared. 

24 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

They aren't Jensen's to share. 

I was joking.

25 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Also I don't think Kripke was serious about a part for Jared. 

Neither do I. IMO Jared isn't a very strong actor for The Boys. 

• Like 3

While there were some really cute moments in the J2 panels, I am really glad  the next con won’t be until the end of July.  Way too many rude people yelling stuff out and some repetitive questions again.  Why are these guys still doing Creation cons?  There are still more in 2023, although the format is going to be different.  I was hoping 2022 would be it, (although many were rescheduled because of Covid) save for continuing with Jus in Bello cons and maybe a few others.  What is there to ask the actors that hasn’t already been asked a thousand times?  And there are still SEVEN more Creation cons this year, along with two JIBcons (but I love watching those panels).  I’m hoping to God not to see anything pop up for 2024.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

What is there to ask the actors that hasn’t already been asked a thousand times?

They are still having Star Trek cons with OG actors for a show that has been off the air since 1969. LOL! These cons aren't going anywhere. It will just be a matter of scale when Jensen and Jared are less and less available.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 5

Its exactly why Creation is renaming the cons to Creation Cons rather than a salute to Supernatural.  A Salute to Supernatural con now comes with the expectation that Jensen and/or Jared will appear and if they both cancel the con would be rescheduled or cancelled. 

Creation has to know that as time goes on the chances of one or both cancelling is expontially higher than it was when SPN was airing.

But by naming it Creation Cos if one/both cancelled they can still have it without offering refunds since it wasn't and SPN con you bought tickets too. 

• Useful 3

I think, in general, Jared and Jensen will want to sooner, rather than later, stop doing cons. They might show up once a year, maybe. They will want the actors in the shows they are producing to do all that.

• Like 1

While I understand not being interested in cons yourself, and finding the questions repetitive, I don't understand the "hoping to God" there won't be anymore in the future. If you don't like them, you don't have to go. I've only been to one,  but it was a great experience and as long as the actors are willing to continue going (I understand as J2 get busier, that may not be possible), I hope they go for a long time. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Plus, I’m assuming it might be more lucrative for them now that their “J &J” ‘brand’ is a joint key marketing tool, rather than purely Supernatural.  I’m curious as to who else they plan to bring along - I’m assuming Keegan Allen for one, given his previous attendance at New Orleans.  I’m also wondering who they’d be inclined to drop from their SPN regulars (I’d say bye bye to Adam Fergus and David Haydn-Jones, and Richard Speight, only cos I found him overly abrupt - personal opinion of course, but it’d be interesting to hear the views of regular CON-goers.)

1 hour ago, goyour-own-way said:

While I understand not being interested in cons yourself, and finding the questions repetitive, I don't understand the "hoping to God" there won't be anymore in the future. If you don't like them, you don't have to go. I've only been to one,  but it was a great experience and as long as the actors are willing to continue going (I understand as J2 get busier, that may not be possible), I hope they go for a long time. 

IA. Also IMO The Boys could bring in some new fans because of Jensen, who might be interested in SPN cons too. 

• Useful 1

I still enjoy the Creation Cons for the most part (with the exception of the rudeness and repetitiveness), and I’ve only ever watched the panels with Jared and Jensen, but there do not need to be like 30 cons in one year.  I realize 2022 is an anomaly because of all the rescheduling due to Covid, but it’s kind of ridiculous.  Super-wiki has at least 12 of these new format cons listed for next year.  That’s still a lot.  

I think it would benefit cons a lot if Creation did a shake up.  Its always the same guests and the same panels.  David/Adam, Kim/Bri, Jensen/Jared, etc.

I'm not saying never have a another Jared and Jensen panel, but if they are there two days have Jensen with Rob or Jason, or any of the new guests.  Pair Jared with Adam or Ruth or a new guest.

I think it would encourage people to ask new questions. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think it would benefit cons a lot if Creation did a shake up.  Its always the same guests and the same panels.  David/Adam, Kim/Bri, Jensen/Jared, etc.

I'm not saying never have a another Jared and Jensen panel, but if they are there two days have Jensen with Rob or Jason, or any of the new guests.  Pair Jared with Adam or Ruth or a new guest.

I think it would encourage people to ask new questions. 

Gold, Silver and Copper tickets always sell out months if not a year before scheduled conventions. I don't think Creation has any plans to shake up the formula that the fans want to see. 

Jensen said something interesting in the main panel about repeat questions. They don't answer the questions the same as they did 10 years ago or 5 or even a year ago. They evolve and have new perspectives now than they did before, even if it has been just a few months. Just like the prank Kim played on them. I've heard it a dozen times but I never heard that they had made an appt to get Jared's arm recast the next day without his knowledge because they knew it was going to get all wet. Or that they had chased Kim around the lot afterwards. Jared and Jensen always seem to make sure that the fans that paid to be there get everything they have to give to their performance.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Gold, Silver and Copper tickets always sell out months if not a year before scheduled conventions. I don't think Creation has any plans to shake up the formula that the fans want to see. 

Not always recently.  I was keeping an eye on Toronto in case i could make it work, and its not sold out.  Neither is Denver.  Last few cons I've noticed Jared and Jensen photo ops are still for sale.

As both Jared and Jensen get busier the risk of them cancelling is only going to increase.  So if you buy a ticket for them only, chances are increasing you (general you) will end up disappointed. 

Having a more varied guest list and panels will keep things interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Not always recently.  I was keeping an eye on Toronto in case i could make it work, and its not sold out.  Neither is Denver.  Last few cons I've noticed Jared and Jensen photo ops are still for sale.

As both Jared and Jensen get busier the risk of them cancelling is only going to increase.  So if you buy a ticket for them only, chances are increasing you (general you) will end up disappointed. 

Having a more varied guest list and panels will keep things interesting.

I tried to buy a ticket to SFcon about 6 months ago. There were no tickets available except General Admission. 

My, how our boy has changed. I attended the very first Salute to Supernatural Con in Chicago in November of 2007. The panels were separate - Jensen and Jared each had a 20 minute panel, and then combined for another 20 or 30 minutes. Jared was always rambunctious and outgoing, but Jensen was reserved and quiet for the most part, especially when he was on stage alone. No judgment here, just differing personalities. In subsequent years, Jensen started to become more comfortable, fooling around a bit, more at ease with the fans, but he still wouldn't sing even a few bars. So when I look at this vid above, watch some panels online and see Jensen enjoying it all so much, it makes me very happy to see how he's evolved. I believe these Cons have made it easier for him to interact with all the people that he has/will deal with in his career.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What's your guess? Obviously not the Impala. Maybe Dean's gun? Or John's journal? The amulet?

Those are good guess's.  It sounded like they wanted the entire set (Bunker) so I was thinking something big but Johns journal and Dean's gun, the amulet are all iconic to Supernatural. The Colt?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What's your guess? Obviously not the Impala. Maybe Dean's gun? Or John's journal? The amulet?

Why "obviously"?  Do they already have the one that goes around to various cons for photo ops? 

The website says this:

FAMOUS HORROR CARS

The most recognizable vehicles from horror films and shows will include: The Munsters’ Koach and Dragula, The Ghostbusters, Supernatural Baby Impala and the 1958 Plymouth Fury from Christine.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Since they mentioned the Bunker, maybe the map table or telescope?

Or since it is a horror museum, the dungeon room floor Devil's trap?

• Useful 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Why "obviously"?  Do they already have the one that goes around to various cons for photo ops? 

The website says this:

FAMOUS HORROR CARS

The most recognizable vehicles from horror films and shows will include: The Munsters’ Koach and Dragula, The Ghostbusters, Supernatural Baby Impala and the 1958 Plymouth Fury from Christine.

AFAIK, the Impala at the cons is privately owned - nothing to do with the show.. I guess they could get one of the other stunt  cars from the show, but with Jensen and Jared having the main two, it would be about the same as having any other 67 Impala to me. Like, who cares, lol. Never understood the interest in that car at the cons myself.  Maybe one of the Js is loaning them theirs.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If this is some object, maybe also Ruby's knife? Or the FB? Or the tablets?

If this is some part of the set, maybe Death's library?

Edited by Nick24
(edited)

This is great, that so many people (incl. directors/critics) can see Jensen's talent. I am so happy for him! More movies and TV shows with Jensen, please! 😊

Funny, that one year ago I could not even believe, that anyone would be able to impress me that much. 

Edited by Nick24
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

This is great, that so many people (incl. directors/critics) can see Jensen's talent. I am so happy for him! More movies and TV shows with Jensen, please! 😊

Funny, that one year ago I could not even believe, that anyone would be able to impress me that much. 

I think most in the industry have always seen how talented he is. He was 100% committed to Supernatural so he wasn't available for other projects. Now that he is available producers are probably offering him projects like crazy. He will never be without a job. And now that he is on an ABC/Disney production I'm going to guess he will be offered some pretty great roles.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think most in the industry have always seen how talented he is. He was 100% committed to Supernatural so he wasn't available for other projects.

That's one of the reasons that I wished Jensen would have called it quits with Supernatural a few seasons earlier. I was thinking S13 - the latest. Should have been (the real) Swan Song. Of course, looking back, I would say S11 finale. Let's hope he has a wonderful career ahead!

• Like 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jensen comparing Dean's and Soldier Boy's daddy issues.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-boys-jensen-ackles-soldier-boy-dean-winchester-1235307355/?utm_source=syndication

Interesting, but I really disagree with Jensen's one comment:

JENSEN ACKLES: Also dealing with the fact that his dad was motivated by revenge and he was John Winchester’s mini-me, essentially.

IMO Dean Winchester was nothing like John.

Edited by Nick24
8 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

IMO Dean Winchester was nothing like John.

I agree that Dean wasn't like John in some ways - but keep in mind that throughout S1-2, he was actively seeking revenge for his mother's death. Dean even says to the YED vessel corpse, "That's for our mom, you son of a bitch!". It's just that Dean didn't hunt solely for revenge, he really believed in the family business motto - saving people, hunting things - more than John or Sam for that matter. John was totally focused on hunting even to the detriment of his young children - training Dean to be the ultimate soldier, while putting him solely responsible for Sam. Dean became a much more balanced person - hunting to protect people, not for revenge. Perhaps Jensen was thinking that Dean emulated his father in many ways - which he did in how he dressed, the music he listened to, the car he drove. Dean's skills were second to none, he was the ultimate hunter that his father was. All of this is like John. There usually isn't too much time to go into great detail in an interview.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I agree that Dean wasn't like John in some ways - but keep in mind that throughout S1-2, he was actively seeking revenge for his mother's death.

But in 1.21 Dean said:

DEAN: If hunting this demon means getting yourself killed then I hope we never find the damn thing.

Of course, Dean was seeking revenge, but that wasn't his Task No1. He was being ready to give up on it. There was something/someone more important for Dean than that revenge and I loved that about Dean. 

16 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Perhaps Jensen was thinking that Dean emulated his father in many ways - which he did in how he dressed, the music he listened to, the car he drove. Dean's skills were second to none, he was the ultimate hunter that his father was. All of this is like John. There usually isn't too much time to go into great detail in an interview.

IA. Probably Jensen meant that.

By ''nothing like John" I meant more Dean's personality. This is more important for me than hunting skills or some manners, if we compare the characters. IMO Sam was more like John.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nick24 said:

By ''nothing like John" I meant more Dean's personality. This is more important for me than hunting skills or some manners, if we compare the characters. IMO Sam was more like John.

I agree that Dean's morality, caring, personality, and many other traits are what make him such an iconic character and certainly a better person than his father. I loved how he matured throughout the series; how we saw so many facets to who he was in every way. And yes, Sam is much more like John - Dean even said that to Sam in "Jump the Shark". Of course I believe that Dean is a better person than John, I was just trying to explain how Jensen would give that quick reply to the question. 👍

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

And yes, Sam is much more like John - Dean even said that to Sam in "Jump the Shark". 

Funny, but I was thinking exactly about that episode when I suggested this.😄

19 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I loved how he matured throughout the series; how we saw so many facets to who he was in every way. 

So do I! This is interesting, but Dean had been really growing as a person over time, regardless of what our "dear" writers were trying to do to him. 

16 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Of course I believe that Dean is a better person than John, I was just trying to explain how Jensen would give that quick reply to the question. 👍

Thank you for that!😊

• Like 1
(edited)

John was a caring, kind, person - the man we saw in flashbacks. Mary's death and the existence of the supernatural changed him, warped him. The difference between him and Dean is that he grew more caring and kind* as his life played out, not less.

*kind is not the right word here, but I think any Dean fan knows what I mean. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

John was a caring, kind, person - the man we saw in flashbacks. Mary's death and the existence of the supernatural changed him, warped him. The difference between him and Dean is that he grew more caring and kind* as his life played out, not less.

*kind is not the right word here, but I think any Dean fan knows what I mean. 

Dean was a kind, caring person, he didn't let his life stop that.  He tried sometimes but it never took, because his heart was just too big.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Dean was a kind, caring person, he didn't let his life stop that.  He tried sometimes but it never took, because his heart was just too big.

Exactly. Everything that happened to John happened to Dean, except the loss of a spouse - but Dean lost his mother and (later) his brother to the same evil. But John let it turn him hard and bitter, where Dean always kept his life as positive as it could be under the circumstances.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Exactly. Everything that happened to John happened to Dean, except the loss of a spouse - but Dean lost his mother and (later) his brother to the same evil. But John let it turn him hard and bitter, where Dean always kept his life as positive as it could be under the circumstances.

Not to mention that even after Hell and Purgatory, after all that mistreating from his loved ones Dean was able to keep his humanity and personal traits, which I love him for.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 12:36 PM, Nick24 said:

Not to mention that even after Hell and Purgatory, after all that mistreating from his loved ones Dean was able to keep his humanity and personal traits, which I love him for.

Yes, for sure, but I was specifically talking about what 'turned' John bitter. Dean suffered everything John did, and grew up with nothing but monsters a distant, demanding father and still wasn't bitter. Or at least when he was (which was totally earned) he turned it inward - he didn't take it out on the world around him.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6
On 7/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes, for sure, but I was specifically talking about what 'turned' John bitter. Dean suffered everything he did, and grew up with nothing but monsters a distant, demanding father and still wasn't bitter. Or at least when he was (which was totally earned) he turned it inward - he didn't take it out on the world around him.

And we can maybe consider Dean losing Lisa & Ben as comparable to John losing Mary. No, they weren’t deceased, but they were dead to him in a sense hat he remembered them but could never be with or reach out to, them.

• Sad 2
13 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I don't have time to post a link but y'all new pics from the Man About Town shoot used for a couple articles in Men's Health, article online, saw the links on twitter. 

😍

• Fire 1
  • Love 6
On 7/20/2022 at 11:02 PM, gonzosgirrl said:
On 7/20/2022 at 10:47 PM, tessathereaper said:

I don't have time to post a link but y'all new pics from the Man About Town shoot used for a couple articles in Men's Health, article online, saw the links on twitter. 

Can't stop looking at his hair (and other parts of course!)!

Wonder why SPN didn't let Dean grow his hair, even as Demon!Dean  or the year he was with Lisa or in Purgatory? His hair game is on fire!

• Love 1