Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, DeeDee79 said:

After watching both episodes I definitely agree.

Reveal spoiler

I haven't watched a lot of young Jensen roles and he's so amazing as both Alec and Ben. While he was equally empathetic and badass as both characters the coldness that he displayed as Ben was chilling and excellent but he still made you feel empathy for how he was completely warped by his brainwashing.

Jessica Alba was actually pretty good in this ep as well though I don't think much of Michael Weatherly's character. 

This I agree with also especially in The Berrisford Agenda.

Hide contents

I felt it most during the scene with Max when they were in the bar. Keeping people that he doesn't trust at arms length and downplaying his pain hidden are classic Dean traits that I saw in Alec in these scenes.

Even though I haven't watched his first episode I was able to piece together the character and his backstory from what I read online. This was an excellent episode mostly because of Jensen. I thought that Max grated a bit but Alec's story kept me engrossed.

Thank you ladies for all of the info!

Alec and Joshua make season 2 for me. They crack me up together. 

"Hello, Goodbye" has a scene at the end with Alec and Max where they discuss some of her hang ups with him. Season 2 Episode 17

"Message in the Medium" is a fun one with Joshua and Alec. Season 2 Episode 9

Jensen really rocked Alec and I really wished he could have had the creator on his side like several of the writers were. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2020 at 8:13 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

As far as I can remember 

Hide contents

He wasn't written out. He was only in one S1 ep and they liked him so much they wrote him a character for S2. It only has two seasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was Superman he was written out of.

That's my recollection as well. 

19 hours ago, Res said:

Alec and Joshua make season 2 for me. They crack me up together. 

"Hello, Goodbye" has a scene at the end with Alec and Max where they discuss some of her hang ups with him. Season 2 Episode 17

"Message in the Medium" is a fun one with Joshua and Alec. Season 2 Episode 9

Jensen really rocked Alec and I really wished he could have had the creator on his side like several of the writers were. 

This is very helpful! Thanks so much for this, I'm going to check these out as well. I'm also watching Designate This@ahrtee and I can definitely see where the animosity from Max started. 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

The gangs all there....

Two things...I wish we could have just heard Kansas singing with the guys.  And please please can Jensen keep the hair!!!

I second both those things. Good lord, the hair is amazing. He looks ten years younger, and I feel a million years old seeing the Kansas guys. What a fun thing to do!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I second both those things. Good lord, the hair is amazing. He looks ten years younger, and I feel a million years old seeing the Kansas guys. What a fun thing to do!

Already keeping entertained in quarantine! And I agree about Jensen's hair - day-um!!!!!! I hope the next gig he gets let's him grow his hair just like that. It makes him look like flashback Jensen - ten years younger, at least. Unbelievable!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I swear to Chuck I'm not picking on Jared, but he looks SO thin. Holy moly. Camera angle can account for some of it, I'm sure, but there is no getting around how thin he appears in this zoom.

He looked really thin in the airport pics too.

• Love 3

In case anyone is interested the CW is going to air S15 starting this Sunday at 9.  I hope this goes better than the last time they aired an episode of SPN on Sunday night without any promotion at all.  I think it was the first time in the history of Nielsen Ratings any show ever got a .0 rating.

Honestly I can't hardly remember anything about S15.  God's a dick is about all I got.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

In case anyone is interested the CW is going to air S15 starting this Sunday at 9.  I hope this goes better than the last time they aired an episode of SPN on Sunday night without any promotion at all.  I think it was the first time in the history of Nielsen Ratings any show ever got a .0 rating.

Honestly I can't hardly remember anything about S15.  God's a dick is about all I got.

It really is the height of stupidity to air a show (especially one with such a dedicated fan base as SPN) without any warning (much less promotion).  I assumed the last time they were trying to prove that the show wouldn't be missed/justify to advertisers maybe to try to get them to back something else.  But this time, especially after such a long absence, it makes no sense.

OTOH, I think it probably means that they're expecting new episodes in 13 weeks (maybe a few more to allow for holidays and special programming) so this is a run up to the final eps.  Timing seems about right, especially since there are five eps already ready (or mostly ready) to go, so the final two should air around late November/early December, which gives them plenty of time to film and finish.

ETA: Season 15?  Let's see, stupid ghosts and stupider townspeople, Rowena sacrifices herself (sort of), Jack's dead; no, Jack's alive; no, Jack's dead...The boys are only special because Chuck made them so, or not....and Dean sings in a bar (not karaoke).

And yes, God (or Chuck) is a dick.

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Dean sings in a bar (not karaoke).

And dances, in a drugged haze while having 17 cavities filled by Garth the WereDentist who named his kids after Sam and Cas.  Stellar episode.  Jensen dancing is the only scene worth a damn.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, trudysmom said:

And dances, in a drugged haze while having 17 cavities filled by Garth the WereDentist who named his kids after Sam and Cas.  Stellar episode.  Jensen dancing is the only scene worth a damn.

How could I have forgotten that?  Probably because I tried so hard to forget the rest of the ep.

Well, that was weird - I missed most of that cos it didn’t seem to be connecting for me - I was online OK, because nothing was coming through, but only got about 15 minutes of it.  Hey ho, glad I invested in something that will last - signed photos of J2.  What did I miss?

Edited by ukgirl71
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ukgirl71 said:

Well, that was weird - I missed most of that cos it didn’t seem to be connecting for me - I was online OK, because nothing was coming through, but only got about 15 minutes of it.  Hey ho, glad I invested in something that will last - signed photos of J2.  What did I miss?

Not a lot it was mostly the same questions (and answers ) from cons.  Acting advice, multiple memorable moments, favorite line, what prop, what super power would you like. 

At least there were no prank questions

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm not a fan of Jensen's hair.  Or Jared's. Jared has a bit too much Charles Manson vibe going on, sorry.  I am loving these blowing up my twitter feed, though.  

• Love 2
On 8/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, ahrtee said:

How could I have forgotten that?  Probably because I tried so hard to forget the rest of the ep.

Such is the age of Dabb. Such a sad exit for what was an awesome show.

I still say they never should have had Cluck as God. It was a sad, idiotic plot point that never paid off IMO.

Edited by Res
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Res said:

I still say they never should have had Cluck as God.

Yes, yes, 10000 times yes.  I don't know what on earth they were thinking.  I could have lived with it had they left it in Season 11, but what they did this season was just a bazillion times worse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't know about anyone else but I was so happy to see the guys again. Talking about the show, interacting with fans, in quarantine with their dogs😍, joking with each other....whether you liked the questions or not it they were just the breath of fresh air I needed. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know about anyone else but I was so happy to see the guys again. Talking about the show, interacting with fans, in quarantine with their dogs😍, joking with each other....whether you liked the questions or not it they were just the breath of fresh air I needed. 

I admit it put a smile on my face too. It was just nice to have something fun to listen to, and a couple of pretty faces to stare at for an hour. 😉

And I thought it was adorable that they both had their dogs with them in quarantine, I guess so they wouldn't be so lonely. Awwwww. 🐶

• Love 5
On 8/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, trudysmom said:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'm not a fan of Jensen's hair.  Or Jared's. Jared has a bit too much Charles Manson vibe going on, sorry.  I am loving these blowing up my twitter feed, though.  

Personally speaking I love the longer hair on Jensen even though I prefer Dean's short cut. That man is just beautiful no matter what look he's rocking. I agree that Jared definitely had a Manson look going until he trimmed that beard a bit. His face just disappeared under all of that hair!

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Not just a fan, a superfan! LOL! Very cool.

He's done a full series re-watch 3 times, and is damn proud of it! The reaction to finding out Jensen eats more like Sam and Jared eats more like Dean was too funny.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, supposebly said:

They think Mindhunter is Horror? Psychological thriller or cop show but horror?

And with Supernatural, IMO, the only thing horrific is the writing for most of the last eight years.

I suppose but it's pretty cool that the Tomato rating is 93% for the entire series.  Never watched Mindhunter.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, juppschmitz said:

I never was much interested in The Boys. Strangely enough, now I suddenly am...Jensen's Instagram

Love this. It's great exposure for him to an audience beyind the CW, and leaves him time for other projects, too. The first season was great. 

Eta his tweet was a little different wording.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

It’s on Amazon prime isn’t it?  Anyone know where it’s filmed?

I’m so glad he’s away from the CW network.  I’ve never watched THE BOYS but sounds like fun. We’ll probably get to hear him swear 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 4

Not entirely my preference but at least away from the CW. Streaming is a good place to be right now. And the character sounds interesting if I understand the premise right. 

Though now I`ve read something that made me very apprehensive, please no goofy comedy. 

It must have been in the works a bit, though, because media articles are already dropping so everyone probably waited for "go" sign.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It would have to be a show I couldn’t get into!  I’d be surprised if he swaps a long period of Vancouver filming for another long stint in Canada, so I’m gonna guess recurring, though The Boys is a shorter run, isn’t it?