Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, trudysmom said:

Ditto.  This mornings tweet by Misha about a behind the scenes tour for GISH participants he said "before they begin taking the sets down", something like that.  I lost it.  Sad it's ending, relieved it's ending, sad for what it's become.

Jensens response and now I'm crying again

ESJQpGCU8AANLF5?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 9

No matter how the show ends, whether you liked it all or not, the amazing part is how deep the friendship evolved during the run of the show and not everyone has an experience like that.  So it will be a special period of their lives and maybe in a small way us FANS got to share a bit of it.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The Las Vegas convention made an announcement concerning the Coronavirus...and sheesh  the fans bitching about it.

https://creationentertainment859.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&c=1812&m=2035&fbclid=IwAR0c_NcG1QotAUCvFYYj4bqOCMMsk1TpAzfJ6ea9Gl1cY6kY_MfqM44BkzQ

I don't blame them. Creation charges a ridiculous amount for these ops and one of the only reason people pay them is because they get hugs and other poses - it's a real interaction. I would never pay $200 to just stand next to someone awkwardly. 

Also the virus can still spread without touching. Fans are crammed in on top of each other and we aren't concerned for their health. Their employees have to take tickets, handle merchandise etc.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I don't blame them. Creation charges a ridiculous amount for these ops and one of the only reason people pay them is because they get hugs and other poses - it's a real interaction. I would never pay $200 to just stand next to someone awkwardly. 

I wouldn't pay $200 for a hug, either.  That's a little skeevy.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Also the virus can still spread without touching. Fans are crammed in on top of each other and we aren't concerned for their health. Their employees have to take tickets, handle merchandise etc.

I think it's a little odd that people feel they're entitled to a hug from a celebrity, no matter what they're paying. That's an awful lot of hugs for one person to give.  (Full disclosure:  I did get a hug with my photo op, but wasn't expecting it and have a "deer in the headlights" expression because of that.☺️

I just went to stand next to Jensen, say hello and have photographic proof that I can sit at home and enjoy.  Any closer interaction was his choice.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I wouldn't pay $200 for a hug, either.  That's a little skeevy.

Oh, I guess that means I'm skeevy. Thanks. I have had a few ops. Not all hugs but some. 

My point is this "solution" the actors and Creation keep all the money from these ops and the only ones negatively impacted are the fans that paid. 

• Love 5
Just now, Bobcatkitten said:

Oh, I guess that means I'm skeevy. Thanks. I have had a few ops. Not all hugs but some. 

My point is this "solution" the actors and Creation keep all the money from these ops and the only ones negatively impacted are the fans that paid. 

The fans are paying for a picture.  The hug is optional (and entirely on the part of the actor).  

Having said that, I understand both sides.  But think of the risk the actors are taking by getting up close and personal with several hundred people.  And the risk the fans would be taking by hugging someone who *has* hugged several hundred others.  If anyone (fan or actor) gets sick, they're "negatively impacted."  It's a no-win situation all around.  

IA Creation charges way too much for everything, and regulates all the joy out of a con.  But the fans agree to that when they pay.  *sigh*

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Some of the ops are even advertised as hugs - the sandwich op with J2. They removed that language yesterday. So it's more than a choice. It's a long-term expectation built into those costs. 

I'm curious--if they offered to refund the photo op tickets to anyone who insisted on a hug instead of just a picture standing next to their fav, how many do you think would take it?  Or what if the actors wore masks and gloves to prevent contagion in the photos?  Safety still takes precedence over "expectations," and I'm sure the actors wouldn't want to risk bringing any illness back to their families, even if they're not worried about themselves.

• Love 3

I think Creation redefines greed and are experts at gauging just how much some people are willing to pay to be close to the celebs, and then charging jussssst a little bit more. But there are two willing participants in these transactions, so I don't feel sorry for either side. I've paid the price myself in the past.

As @ahrtee said, I would be interested to see how many fans would take their money back rather than have the photo without contact. If the decision was made by the actors, I don't blame them. They're 'just' one or two people to us, but we're hundreds and hundreds of people to them. I have slightly more sympathy for those who might be attending their first con and/or their first photo op. I know how disappointed they must be. But the nasty, entitled things I've seen from those who have been to many cons and already have dozens of photos with the actors is just... ugh.

• Love 6

I personally know some fans who would take the refund and some who wouldn't. But they haven't even given the option. Which I don't think is fair. Some would prefer an overall cancellation. I don't think I'm there but definitely should have a choice to get money money. 

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think Creation redefines greed and are experts at gauging just how much some people are willing to pay to be close to the celebs, and then charging jussssst a little bit more. But there are two willing participants in these transactions, so I don't feel sorry for either side. I've paid the price myself in the past.

As @ahrtee said, I would be interested to see how many fans would take their money back rather than have the photo without contact. If the decision was made by the actors, I don't blame them. They're 'just' one or two people to us, but we're hundreds and hundreds of people to them. I have slightly more sympathy for those who might be attending their first con and/or their first photo op. I know how disappointed they must be. But the nasty, entitled things I've seen from those who have been to many cons and already have dozens of photos with the actors is just... ugh.

I have one friend who is attending as her first con. She bought one op - splurging for a J2 to get a hug between them. She is devastated.  

Oh yeah, there are some people selling their Vegas ops. And some people are buying. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I personally know some fans who would take the refund and some who wouldn't. But they haven't even given the option. Which I don't think is fair. Some would prefer an overall cancellation. I don't think I'm there but definitely should have a choice to get money money. 

I have one friend who is attending as her first con. She bought one op - splurging for a J2 to get a hug between them. She is devastated.  

Oh yeah, there are some people selling their Vegas ops. And some people are buying. 

They would rather have the con cancelled than not be able to touch the actors? I'm honestly gobsmacked by that. I do have sympathy for those who will miss their only chance for a J2 hug (or any other combo). It's a tough situation for all concerned.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They would rather have the con cancelled than not be able to touch the actors? I'm honestly gobsmacked by that. I do have sympathy for those who will miss their only chance for a J2 hug (or any other combo). It's a tough situation for all concerned.

I have heard only a few say that. They are also concerned with how it impacts the karaoke on Friday night, which involves being close with all the actors and singing in joint microphones etc. Some have suggested canceling ops and putting more panels on instead. 

I have also seen some hellah creative options for touchless photo ops so we will see what everyone comes up with! I get the reason for it I just also understand why fans who have planned for a year for that moment are rightly disappointed. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If they cancel the whole thing, they'll get their money back.  And the CDC is recommending avoiding large crowds right now.  If they don't cancel and people jsut don't go, they're out their money.

• Love 3

Reality check, how many people have got the virus in the US hundred maybe and with a population of 237 million the risk is minimal at the moment. The distance required to not get infected is something like 10 ft so nothing is going to stop a spread if it is anywhere near at a con – either cancel and give people their money back or don't panic yet. In the weeks to come when we see what the true effect is then start to shut down stuff but now IMO it is far too early. I really sympathise with people paying enormous amounts of their HARD earned money to have the opportunity to be with J2 on close photo ops – they should come up with a better solution than stand separately – meet and greets or some such anyway. I will never have the opportunity to attend a con but if I did I would be devastated by this.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Hmm...no hugging or touching

To be fair though, it's different hugging/touching one person in a controlled situation (and one where you could immediately then wash your hands if you wanted to) than hundreds upon hundreds of people in a row.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

To be fair though, it's different hugging/touching one person in a controlled situation (and one where you could immediately then wash your hands if you wanted to) than hundreds upon hundreds of people in a row.

And for whatever reason he chose to hug her.  He wasn't forced.  Coronavirus aside, I still feel kind of skeevy on the whole pay for a hug thing.  Jared and Jensen and everybody else in the entire world should have complete discretion as to who, when, and where they want to hug.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

And for whatever reason he chose to hug her.  He wasn't forced.  Coronavirus aside, I still feel kind of skeevy on the whole pay for a hug thing.  Jared and Jensen and everybody else in the entire world should have complete discretion as to who, when, and where they want to hug.

I don't understand this at all, Jensen, Jared and the rest get paid a lot of money to attend these cons and THEY are the ones that set the rules not the people who have paid a lot of money to go. I love hugs and I happily hug people – they are not necessarily hugs anyway – all sorts of poses are done. So where the skeevy bit comes in I am at a loss it is all very obviously consensual and they mostly seem to be having fun or at least trying to give people a good experience.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

I don't understand this at all, Jensen, Jared and the rest get paid a lot of money to attend these cons and THEY are the ones that set the rules not the people who have paid a lot of money to go. I love hugs and I happily hug people – they are not necessarily hugs anyway – all sorts of poses are done. So where the skeevy bit comes in I am at a loss it is all very obviously consensual and they mostly seem to be having fun or at least trying to give people a good experience.

Giving hugs isn't skeevy if they initiate it or don't mind.  Expecting a hug just because you paid to have a picture with them is questionable.  Getting angry because you didn't get a hug, especially when there's a good reason for them not to, is kind of skeevy IMO.    Of course that's JMO.

ETA: Maybe what I mean is that you can expect a hug and be disappointed if you don't get it.  But if you feel that you're entitled to one and get mad because you didn't, that's something else.  It's the "entitlement" that bothers me.  (Of course, that doesn't count photo ops like the sandwiches that are billed as hugs.)  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Oh I agree.  I'm just imagining the reaction from disgruntled fans at the convention if they see pics of the guys hugging fans for free outside the convention.  I think the GOH should be able to take a pass on hugging and touching if it makes them uncomfortable.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I still fail to see the logic or humor in this.

Well, I bet it's funny to Dabb and co. 

and to those whom they choose to cater to.

Too bad that's not the Dean fandom; but only for a few more episodes. 

Thankfully.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Well, I bet it's funny to Dabb and co. 

and to those whom they choose to cater to.

Too bad that's not the Dean fandom; but only for a few more episodes. 

Thankfully.

Puerile humor, which would be Dabb's speed.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Apparently the plane that Misha and Jensen was on had to turn around and make an emergency landing...

I'll lay odds there is already fanfic published about this by this morning. Heh.

Did Jensen perform at the SNS?

• LOL 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The boys willingly hug people and have FOR YEARS. The J2 op has even been advertised as the sandwich. So I don't understand shaming people who are disappointed in not getting what they expected/paid for. 

They shouldn't be shamed for their disappointment, and neither should any of the actors be shamed for opting out (for this, or any other reason). If people genuinely feel they are entitled to physical contact because the J2 op is promoted as a 'sandwich' then Creation needs to rethink their promotion strategy. It's a pretty effed up message when you get right down to it.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
clarity
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They shouldn't be shamed for their disappointment, and neither should any of the actors be shamed for opting out (for this, or any other reason). If people genuinely feel they are entitled to physical contact because the J2 op is promoted as a 'sandwich' then Creation needs to rethink their promotion strategy. It's a pretty effed up message when you get right down to it.

IA .   But I don't think anyone is opting out.  The con is following health guidelines that are in place everywhere right now and trying to be fair.  Imagine the fuss if they made exceptions for some and not others?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll lay odds there is already fanfic published about this by this morning. Heh.

Did Jensen perform at the SNS?

No Jensen did not perform. I haven't seen any fanfic but there are the usual calls for fans to ask Jensen inappropriate questions. Why is it that Jensen is always the target?

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

No Jensen did not perform. I haven't seen any fanfic but there are the usual calls for fans to ask Jensen inappropriate questions. Why is it that Jensen is always the target?

Are we speaking about Destiel shipping? If so IMO it's because Misha seems to enjoy bantering about Destiel and so fans seem determined to get Jensen to give them the response that they want also. Whether or not he's uncomfortable with the line of questioning doesn't seem to matter to them which I think is a shame.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I also think they like the attention Jensen brings them.

16 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Are we speaking about Destiel shipping? If so IMO it's because Misha seems to enjoy bantering about Destiel and so fans seem determined to get Jensen to give them the response that they want also. Whether or not he's uncomfortable with the line of questioning doesn't seem to matter to them which I think is a shame.

I wish Misha would stop baiting them.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They removed references to it this week with the announcement of no touch. 

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Useful 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

That may be the calmest I've ever seen Jared. They both had some nice comments about the show and each other/each other's characters.

ETA: there is a potential scene spoiler from Jensen at around 22:50

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That may be the calmest I've ever seen Jared. They both had some nice comments about the show and each other/each other's characters.

ETA: there is a potential scene spoiler from Jensen at around 22:50/

I haven't watched the whole video yet. Thanks for posting spoiler alert

• Love 1