Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, bethy said:

This is the sign at an Austin restaurant. Thought about posting it on Jared's Facebook page. Didn't. :)

13975328_1087203818029829_45645516297225

Oh man. Do you think that's aimed at him?

• Love 1
On 8/15/2016 at 7:38 AM, Diane said:

I agree, it's a nice hotel, not sure why he didn't just go to hotel management.  That would have been the appropriate response.  I guarantee there would have been a night manager there.  I really don't agree with posting the women's picture. Most of the time social media is not the proper response.

Hotel workers get lots and lots of verbal abuse-I work night audit and have gotten more verbal.abuse by guests (and non guests) than I did working fast food for years. Generally speaking the nicer the hotel is, the more abuse employees get*. There may or may not have been a night manager, but the night auditor if there wasn't would certainly be up to it. It's what we do.

*For the record the hotel I work at gets big name people quite often. They have been wonderful guests. A few have been adorable.

• Love 1

Hollleee..crap. :(

I was perusing Twitter after seeing those pics above and came across some discussion about Jared being harassed on his Twitter account.  Looking at the tweets sent to him on his Twitter was horrifying.  I mean it's really disgusting shit like telling him to kill himself and the world would be better off without him and that he doesn't help anyone.  I'm not gonna post the tweets but it looks like it was happening before he made that FB post.  The Twitter user was reported, and the account deleted but they kept coming back under new accounts. It seems Clif was informed of it. So now I wonder if that affected Jared in some way. Like maybe he was already on edge from that and whatever this woman did kind of sent him over the edge? I don't know. Just a ponderance.

I mostly tweet about sports and TV shows and lately politics. And I find that 90% of the stuff I see on Twitter is generally not terrible.  IMO it's a valuable way to get news, information and bond with people who share a common interest and I really resent these assholes that give SM a bad name.

Oh, yeah, there's always some asshole out there that has to ruin things for everyone else. I tend to stay away from social media, but even I know it has benefits. It's really a shame that this thing that was designed to bring people together gets used so often to divide.

Edited by DittyDotDot
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Hollleee..crap. :(

I was perusing Twitter after seeing those pics above and came across some discussion about Jared being harassed on his Twitter account.  Looking at the tweets sent to him on his Twitter was horrifying.  I mean it's really disgusting shit like telling him to kill himself and the world would be better off without him and that he doesn't help anyone.  I'm not gonna post the tweets but it looks like it was happening before he made that FB post.  The Twitter user was reported, and the account deleted but they kept coming back under new accounts. It seems Clif was informed of it. So now I wonder if that affected Jared in some way. Like maybe he was already on edge from that and whatever this woman did kind of sent him over the edge? I don't know. Just a ponderance.

I mostly tweet about sports and TV shows and lately politics. And I find that 90% of the stuff I see on Twitter is generally not terrible.  IMO it's a valuable way to get news, information and bond with people who share a common interest and I really resent these assholes that give SM a bad name.

I don't tweet myself but do have a twitter. I only follow people related to sports and entertainment though, I keep out of politics. I agree that it's a great way to get information.

I did see those tweets aimed at Jared and am sure that affected him somehow. What's really appalling is that the person responsible for those tweets has to know about Jared's issues with depression and anxiety. That means they purposely targeted someone that they thought would be more vulnerable than most. Disgusting.

I was reading that they've been going after Gen and Danneel lately, too.  Death threats and just horrible name calling, abuse, etc.  I do realize that out of the thousands of SPN fans, these idiots represent just a small fraction, but still...what the fuck is wrong with people?  Just how miserable do you have to be to get any pleasure out of doing that?  One can only hope that they simply do not read the majority of the shit that's posted to their social media accounts.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I was reading that they've been going after Gen and Danneel lately, too.  Death threats and just horrible name calling, abuse, etc.

They're not alone.  My daughter follows a minor Youtube celebrity who recently got himself a girlfriend (a private individual, no one in any remotely way famous).  Unfortunately, her FB and Twitter accounts were set to "public".  I can't even describe the things posted to her accounts.  Mostly by females, I might add.

Can you guess why?  Because, even though he's straight, they love to "slash" him with another (male) Youtube celebrity.  Him getting a girlfriend demolished their fantasies.  

• Love 2

That seems to be Jared's normal golfing attire, similar to what he wore in Phoenix. 

Just as aside. So the boys aren't working this weekend and they don't have a con but they are hanging out in Pebble Beach together. This will never not amuse me. Good lord, you can spend ONE weekend apart you dorks.  LOL 

13435297_538543856351214_872409100733006

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I have to say they have very understanding wives.  

I'm sure the wives knew what they were getting when they got married to them. J2 was J2 before their marriages and it'll be J2 if they ever get divorced. J2 is a universal law now, I'm pretty sure.  

• Love 2

Well, I don't presume to know anything about the inner workings of their marriages.  I was making a joke, more or less.  Supposedly their wives and children have been with them in Vancouver since they started back filming, so they've spent quite a bit of time together.  And when you have the resources, you can just take your private jet (or A private jet) from Vancouver to Pebble Beach for a little golfing and be back home in time for dinner.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Well, I don't presume to know anything about the inner workings of their marriages.  I was making a joke, more or less.  Supposedly their wives and children have been with them in Vancouver since they started back filming, so they've spent quite a bit of time together.  And when you have the resources, you can just take your private jet (or A private jet) from Vancouver to Pebble Beach for a little golfing and be back home in time for dinner.

I don't presume to  know about the inner workings of their marriages either. 

IMO, J2's friendship/brotherhood  will exist much like it is now whether they stay married to their respective spouses or not.  JMHO.  

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't presume to  know about the inner workings of their marriages either. 

Catrox, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you did.  If it came across that way, I apologize.  I was referring to my previous comment about how understanding their wives were.  I agree that the J2 friendship is unique, and from all accounts they've brought their wives and children into the fold.  It's actually a very cool thing.

And FlickChick, you're probably right.  Or maybe the wives were perfectly happy to have a day to themselves.  Or it's possible they just returned to Texas.  Or...none of the above.  

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Catrox, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you did.  If it came across that way, I apologize.  I was referring to my previous comment about how understanding their wives were.  I agree that the J2 friendship is unique, and from all accounts they've brought their wives and children into the fold.  It's actually a very cool thing.

And FlickChick, you're probably right.  Or maybe the wives were perfectly happy to have a day to themselves.  Or it's possible they just returned to Texas.  Or...none of the above.  

No worries! It's all good! All I know is their situation is unlike anything I've witnessed...you know from a great distance with no insider knowledge and all that. LOL

• Love 3

That could be, SueB.  I admit to knowing next to nothing about Pebble Beach.  Once might assume that since they're celebrities, they'd have a better chance of getting in, last minute, but since the course is in CA, I'm guessing most of the people who golf there are celebrities, so maybe it's not so easy. 

I know that Jensen has golfed for years, but didn't Jared just start to play this year?  I wonder how much Jensen has dogged him over the years to give it a try?

• Love 1

Pebble Beach is a public course and most public courses are first come, first serve and you can only book for that day like a day ahead. At least that's how it worked at the public courses I've played out here.  (I used to golf a bit back in the day).   

But for the hell of it, I checked their website. I found this.

All guests of The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero have access to Pebble Beach Golf Links and the other courses at Pebble Beach Resorts. Only Resort guests may reserve tee times more than 24 hours in advance at Pebble Beach. 

So if they wanted a reservation they had to stay at the Resort. So who knows!

There was another sighting of Jensen with a fan at dinner the night before so I'm betting they got there Friday night, played Saturday and going back either today or tomorrow.  That's not stalkery at all. LOL

• Love 2

Danneel and JJ are in Vancouver still (at least they were Friday). Maybe families are staying with them till school starts? 

I totally get J2- what I don't get is Clif. Is he like a handler or something? He just always strikes me as...off. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Binns said:

Danneel and JJ are in Vancouver still (at least they were Friday). Maybe families are staying with them till school starts? 

I totally get J2- what I don't get is Clif. Is he like a handler or something? He just always strikes me as...off. 

I think Clif was hired as their driver back in s2 after he was Big Giant Tiny in Folsom Prison Blues. But why his Twitter handle is bodyguardforJ&J is a mystery to me. I mean the cons provide security. So beyond that..I don't get it either.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Binns said:

Clif provides security for Jared and Jensen and is their driver to and from set. He's also a good friend, so sometimes he's just with them as a friend and sometimes he's actually on the job.

HOLY GODS. 

I thought I couldn't find Jensen MORE attractive than I already do but him next to THIS car. /swoon

He should totally play Bullitt if they ever do a remake. I'm just saying he's giving me major Steve McQueen/Paul Newman vibes here.  Help.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Delurking for a bit: HOW would they ever fit into this car? I can't even imagine where JP's legs would go. And it looks like the car isn't wide enough for both pairs of shoulders.

To be honest, the whole picture looks terribly 70s cheesy to me. Only thing missing are the mustaches, bell bottoms, and larger collars. :-)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, supposebly said:

To be honest, the whole picture looks terribly 70s cheesy to me. Only thing missing are the mustaches, bell bottoms, and larger collars. :-)

Well, now I want to see them sport mustaches, bell bottoms and big collars. They need an episode with Dean and Sam back in 1973 but having to really dress the part.  That's one thing In The Beginning did not give me!

• Love 3
On August 21, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Binns said:

Re: Danneel- I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying Texas has the Zika virus. I wonder if she'll stay in Vancouver for her whole pregnancy. 

ETA there are cases in Austin. 

Edited by Binns
58 minutes ago, Binns said:

Re: Danneel- I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying Texas has the Zika virus. I wonder if she'll stay in Vancouver for her whole pregnancy. 

ETA there are cases in Austin. 

So this makes me Team Vancouver for the family Ackles til after the babies are born (run over the border for birth and come back if want them to be eligible for Presidency some day).  Either that or sequester in your Air Conditioned house till the first frost.  That Zika shit is bad news.  I have no doubt that with twins and over 35, she's getting significant monitoring and good support.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, SueB said:

So this makes me Team Vancouver for the family Ackles til after the babies are born (run over the border for birth and come back if want them to be eligible for Presidency some day).  Either that or sequester in your Air Conditioned house till the first frost.  That Zika shit is bad news.  I have no doubt that with twins and over 35, she's getting significant monitoring and good support.

Despite not knowing a thing about Jensen as a person besides what we've seen publically, something tells me he is the overprotective type. Or at least in my head he is! 

• Love 1

I think that there are cases of Zika everywhere. But the concern would be whether the mosquito that carries the virus has been found in Texas, as it has been in Florida. Nonetheless, if I were Danneel, I would stay out of a southern state until after the freeze.

2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I think that there are cases of Zika everywhere. But the concern would be whether the mosquito that carries the virus has been found in Texas, as it has been in Florida. Nonetheless, if I were Danneel, I would stay out of a southern state until after the freeze.

OHHHH, I see what you are saying. Yea, I guess their first case was a traveler who was in Colombia. The mosquito that carries Zika is endemic to TX but no idea if they have captured any actually carrying the virus like they have in FL. Regardless, I agree with you. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure she's getting excellent care and advice. 

Oh, right. But it's the only case so far and it was in February and a guy who had traveled to Colombia. I don't think there's been a case that was caused by mosquitos in Austin. (Sorry - I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. I'm really just trying to reassure myself, I think.)

Anyway. Off topic, but it makes me sad that the vast majority of people probably can't afford to leave home because of this virus. If you can afford it, it makes total sense to avoid an area where there's a disease that could have such a tragic impact on your unborn baby. But for those who can't...

ETA: @binns, I think I cross-posted with you! 

Edited by bethy
jinx
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Binns said:

Despite not knowing a thing about Jensen as a person besides what we've seen publically, something tells me he is the overprotective type. Or at least in my head he is! 

Heh. I have the same impression. Maybe not overprotective but protective. I get the impression he would be a formidable ally to have in one's corner  and equally formidable opponent if you messed with  him or anyone he cares about. He seems like he will be diplomatic as a first move  but I'll bet he'd throw down when necessary.