Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Dessert and Cookie Week

• Start Topic

Does anyone know if this has been moved to a different day? It is not showing in my area. My ABC channel has some holiday "light fight" show on instead that I couldn't care less about and immediately changed the channel. It's so annoying.

I think this network did the same thing with 10 Days in the Valley which I don't know why I started watching because now I won't know what happened. I don't have Netflix or Hulu or stream anything, so I can't find the shows that way.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Thanks for that, Rahul. And I agree with most of the commenters there - this mostly just punishes the contestants who now won't have their creations seen on television, everyone else who worked hard on the show, and me the viewer,  who now won't be able to see the show. I'm bummed. I like seeing the baking and the desserts and learning about different flavors. Couldn't they have figured out how to just edit him out as much as possible?

Grrr.

• Love 5

They should have just hired Gale Gand to offset Hollywood this season. They knew that Mary Berry was off due to the production shifts. People complained about the two men; I think Gale, who has judged on Top Chef, etc., would have been a wiser choice. 

• Love 5

I wouldn't be annoyed by them pulling it if they had never aired this season at all, but I got all invested. I hope they at least tell us who won.

If there is merit to the allegations he should be fired, but not sure if I agree they had to go so far as to pull it from the schedule when it was only two more episodes. 

• Love 9

I am torn about all of this. I definitely feel for the contestants as it was their one chance to be seen and show off their talents. If they had been able to somehow blank him out then I would have been OK with that.  But I have to put myself in the place of a "MeToo" woman who sees an abuser shown as a star, as someone who should be admired.  That would not go over well with me at all. 

• Love 3

I was pretty pissed that they didn't announce the swap at the beginning of the time slot. My beloved TiVo was recording away because ABC didn't want to share this schedule change. I checked On Demand this morning hoping they would hide it there but no dice.

• Love 1

I'm disappointed. GBBO and its off shoots are my favorite things on tv. They are so delightful and soothing. Just another thing ruined by awful men. Their shitty behavior hurting individual people and then rippling out to ruin a large production and a lot of people's hard work. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

That's interesting the difference between different delivery services. My Xfinity DVR knew days in advance and had no intention of recording anything.

My TWC/Spectrum was Jon Snow: It knew nothing. I had to manually cancel the recording.

• Love 2

Oh come on!! This is my favorite baking show by far. It doesn't have the corny twists and impossible times like in every Food Network show. They should just air the season . Especially now that I just read there's allegations against the host of the crappy show that was aired in place of the baking show-and it's staying on the air! Gggrrrr.....Carter Oosterhouse's Christmas Show Will Air Despite Sexual Misconduct Allegations - People
https://apple.news/AGchOyyHSSVO6LkqO8d47aQ

• Love 1

Hey ABC, if you're going to cancel 1, cancel them all.  Fair is fair.  The real people who were punished here are the contestants.  I'm wondering if they paid them all or if there was something in their contracts that said if we find allegations of sexual misconduct by one of the judges you'll all keep quiet and go home broke.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mellowjoi said:

Hey ABC, if you're going to cancel 1, cancel them all.  Fair is fair.  The real people who were punished here are the contestants.  I'm wondering if they paid them all or if there was something in their contracts that said if we find allegations of sexual misconduct by one of the judges you'll all keep quiet and go home broke.   

The situations are completely different. At the time the woman who has come forward against Carter stated their relationship was consensual. 

Apparently,  ABC looked into the allegations against Johnny and found merit, the initial story came out before the show premiered.  I imagine they will do or did the same thing with Carter.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I'm wondering if they paid them all or if there was something in their contracts that said if we find allegations of sexual misconduct by one of the judges you'll all keep quiet and go home broke.   

I don't believe there is any money involved for the contestants.  They are just vying for the title, nothing more (other than the trip overseas).

• Love 2