Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor: Spoiler Thread

Jazz
  • Start Topic

3.14 and 3.15 synopses:

DR. SHAUN MURPHY FINDS HIMSELF IN UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, FEB. 10

"Influence" - After Dr. Shaun Murphy treats a patient who is a social influencer, he deals with unwanted attention. Meanwhile, the team treats a woman who is in abdominal distress after an at-home fecal transplant; and Dr. Carly Lever's efforts to separate Shaun from Lea are challenged on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, FEB. 10 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DL)

Guest starring is Chelsea Alden as Kayley, Cristina Rosato as Ann and Mila Leanne Jones as Marla.

"Influence" was written by Peter Noah and David Shore, and directed by Barbara Brown.

YOU CAN'T FIGHT YOUR TRUE FEELINGS ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, FEB. 17

"Unsaid" - Despite everyone else's doubts, Shaun is hopeful that Carly is truly fine with his friendship with Lea. Meanwhile, the team treats a young boy - born without a fully formed trachea and unable to speak - who may be a good candidate for an experimental procedure on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, FEB. 17 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, D)

Guest starring is Elfina Luk as Nurse Villanueva, Teryl Rothery as J.L., Karina Noelle Castillo as Gabriella Beltran, Matthew Bridges as Sergio Beltran and Zade Garcia as Cory Beltran.

"Unsaid" was written by Sal Calleros and Thomas L. Moran, and directed by Mike Listo.

• Love 1

Directed by Freddie Highmore - 3.16 synopsis:

DR. SHAUN MURPHY MAKES A DRAMATIC CONFESSION ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, FEB. 24

"Autopsy" - When Dr. Shaun Murphy makes an emotional confession, the result may not be as desired. Meanwhile, he becomes obsessed with performing an autopsy on a Jane Doe, which challenges his relationships at the hospital; and Dr. Claire Browne, Dr. Morgan Reznick and Dr. Marcus Andrews treat a male college student with a mysterious split personality disorder on a new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, FEB. 24 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. ...

Guest starring is Cameron Gellman as Aiden, Luke Camilleri as Jules, Jessica Van Der Veen as Maribel and Ariah Lee as Trinity.

"Autopsy" was written by David Hoselton and directed by Freddie Highmore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

3.17 synopsis:

"Fixation" - A patient with a mysterious and undiagnosed illness that has baffled other doctors for years forces Dr. Shaun Murphy and the team to take some big risks. Meanwhile, Dr. Claire Brown and Dr. Neil Melendez continue to cautiously navigate their feelings for each other as colleagues and friends on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor,"

MONDAY, MARCH 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, L) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is John Patrick Amedori as Dash Snyder, Ricky He as Kellan Park, Ever Carradine as Alice Gottfried, David Cubitt as Owen Gottfried, Alix West as Ruby Gottfried and Harold Perrineau as Wes Keller.

"Fixation" was written by Jessica Grasl and Debbie Ezer, and directed by Lisa Demaine.

-----

This is the first time seeing Park's son since last season. And hey, Harold Perrineau!

• Love 1

3.18 synopsis:

"Heartbreak" -

Dr. Claire Browne and Dr. Shaun Murphy treat a patient with a rare form of dwarfism. Meanwhile, Dr. Morgan Reznick, Dr. Audrey Lim and Dr. Alex Park treat a young man who had both arms torn off in a previous farming accident; and Shaun reacts to an emotional situation on a new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, MARCH 9 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. ...

Guest starring is John Patrick Amedori as Dash Snyder.

"Heartbreak" was written by David Renaud and Thomas Moran, and directed by Steven DePaul.

• Love 1

Huh.  John Patrick Amedori is coming back for 2 episodes.  He was the husband of Claire’s bff last season who was dying of cancer and she asked them to go on a date. I seem to remember there might have been a little spark?  Hmmm

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone know how many episodes there are for season 3? Both seasons 1 and 2 were 18 episodes; but the description for 3.18 doesn't say it's the finale, so assume there are more episodes, but how many??

From TV Line: https://tvline.com/gallery/chicago-fire-season-8-cruz-chloe-wedding/the-resident-conrad-nic-3/

The Good Doctor

Sorry, #Melendaire ‘shippers, but there appears to be another man in Claire’s life — and he’s someone you’ve met before. Remember when Claire’s terminally ill friend Kay wanted Claire to start dating her husband Dash, so they’d both be able to move on after she died? Well, Dash is back — sans wedding ring — and sharing a glass of wine with Dr. Browne in the season finale (tentatively scheduled for March 30).

------

It's weird - they might have made a mistake? Because the picture that they have up is from 3.18 that is airing March 9. But maybe the finale really is the 30th.

I saw a thing a while back on Reddit where one of the cast members indicated on Twitter that they've added a couple episodes to this current season. I think the people who run the SpoilerTV site said they got notice there were a couple more episodes as well.

• Useful 2

Two part season finale; 3.19 synopsis:

DISASTER STRIKES THE STAFF OF ST. BONAVENTURE HOSPITAL ON PART ONE OF THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' AIRING MONDAY, MARCH 23

"Hurt" - In the first episode of the two-part season finale, the city of San Jose is rocked by a massive earthquake that puts the staff of St. Bonaventure Hospital on high alert as they race to assess the damage and account for the safety of their colleagues and friends. Meanwhile, Dr. Neil Melendez and Dr. Aaron Glassman are attending a charity event when their lives are threatened by the earthquake on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, MARCH 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. ...

Guest starring is Elfina Luk as Nurse Villanueva, Karin Konoval as Nurse Petringa, April Cameron as Nurse Hawkes, Dylan Kingwell as Steve Murphy, Marin Ireland as Vera Bernard, Bentley Green as Casey Taylor, Lesley Boone as Marta Cruz, Kim Hawthorne as Noreen Frank, Avery Konrad as Tamara Krantz, Eric Yue as Carl Dell and Christina Lewall as Kelly Smith.

"Hurt" was written by Liz Friedman and Adam Scott Weissman, and directed by Mike Listo.

Season finale synopsis:

"I Love You" -

In the second episode of the two-part finale, our doctors work against time and their own personal safety to save the lives of those around them on the season finale of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, MARCH 30 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. ...

Guest starring is Bentley Green as Casey and Marin Ireland as Vera.

"I Love You" was written by David Shore, David Hoselton and Adam Scott Weissman, and directed by David Shore.

• Love 1

David ashore previews the finale with Tv Guide: TV Guide

Shaun, Lea, Lim, Morgan and Claire are all safe, since he mentions them moving forward to Season 4.

The biggest takeaway is I have this feeling the big death is either Park or Glassman..Shore talked about Neil/Claire (sounds like Claire will tell Neil how she feels), Shaun/Lea...but doesn’t really go into detail about Park/Glassman

• Love 2

Not surprised at all that it's either between Park and Glassman. But I lean more toward Glassman, just because it does feel like he doesn't really have a story anymore. Plus, it'll affect Shaun deeply and, if Lea is getting together with Shaun, there will be even more drama with her starting a relationship with him while he's grieving over his father figure. Which...blech. 

And, of course, this show would get me to like Glassman again just to kill him off. 

Park? I dunno, they set up some good stuff with his son so it would be weird if they killed him off and dropped it completely. 

• Love 2
On 3/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, Lady Calypso said:

My biggest fear is the title of the finale is related to Lea/Shaun and Lea declaring her love for Shaun after this whole earthquake business.

Points to you for calling it. Unfortunately.

The Canadian promo had Claire showing Lim a scan and telling her it's Melendez's, Lim speaking to Melendez on his hospital bed, and Claire putting a necklace in the hand of someone lying on a hospital bed but I can't tell who it is, could be Morgan. So...

pushes things to the fore and forces Claire to deal with her feelings...[snip]

I think that Lim and Claire...it's going to just change who they are individually and who they are in relation to each other.

That sounds like a romantic triangle to me and I don't want it. Lim's outstanding characteristic has been acting like an adult and I don't want to have that change.

Andrews and Morgan were dealing with stuff.

I know about Morgan. But what is Andrews dealing with?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Points to you for calling it. Unfortunately.

That sounds like a romantic triangle to me and I don't want it. Lim's outstanding characteristic has been acting like an adult and I don't want to have that change.

I know about Morgan. But what is Andrews dealing with?

I think with Lim and Claire, I see it just being Lim having to deal with her ex falling for his attendee. i rewatched the Canadian promo and I remember specifically hearing Glassman telling Lim to go be Neils friend; Lim/Melendez work on becoming friends again.

• Love 2

It was said that someone would die, not that one of the main cast. My money is on the kid Park is trying to save.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, Lotrfan 8 said:

Anyone have the Canada promo?

I can't find it posted anywhere, not on CTV nor on youtube.

• Love 1

Some discussions about what will be explored in season 4, as well as some things about the finale

So, it looks like Park isn't set to leave 100%. It sounds like he's sticking around...but really, how? The only way he could is if his family decides to move to HIM, and that would take away his declaration tonight that he'll move closer to them. 

The showrunner REALLY ships Lea/Shaun which.... *sighs* We're stuck with Lea/Shaun for all of eternity. And, of course the showrunner thinks that Lea had to apologize to Shaun and be with him. I mean, really, Shaun was just as culpable in what's happened with the two of them, especially after almost smashing her car and threatening her with a bat. 

And now, with Melendez dead (and not even the actor's choice...but apparently it was something that the showrunner FELT like it had to happen...except it really didn't, Shore), what should I look forward to in season 4? Claire and Lim are basically the only two reasons to keep watching but that's not enough.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The showrunner REALLY ships Lea/Shaun which.... *sighs* We're stuck with Lea/Shaun for all of eternity. And, of course the showrunner thinks that Lea had to apologize to Shaun and be with him. I mean, really, Shaun was just as culpable in what's happened with the two of them, especially after almost smashing her car and threatening her with a bat. 

Yeah, I feel he's REALLY missing the point of what people's issues with Shaun and Lea are.

And honestly, I never felt that Shaun's autism was a big issue for Lea, at least, not the way he seems to be trying to explain it. She acknowledged she had plenty of her own faults that made it hard for somebody to be in a relationship with her, too. Her problems weren't just with Shaun.

But the bottom line is that at the end of the day, whatever her reasons for turning Shaun down, she said no. He should've respected that and backed off. He didn't. That is not a good foundation for a relationship. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

He should've respected that and backed off.

I guess that in Shore World, if you take a baseball bat and threaten he when your feelings are hurt, that's the foundation for a beautiful relationship.

Except he didn't take the bat to her car over her not loving him back, he did it over her proclaiming that his autism was an insurmountable character flaw. It was cruel words for cruel words.

I don't love the relationship but I think that the bat scene keeps being interpreted as an entitled Nice Guy reaction to romantic rejection when the episode explicitly talked about "ending things on your own terms", i.e. having the last word. It's petty, but it is what it is. 

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 1

She didn't say that it was a character flaw, she said that she didn't want to be with him because of his autism, and he should have accepted that. Instead he was so angry at her that he was going to smash her car but then told her the cruellest thing he could think of to say to her.

8 minutes ago, PinkRibbons said:

It was cruel words for cruel words.

They both behaved extremely badly and both are very immature. Not a relationship I want to tune in for next season.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And now, with Melendez dead (and not even the actor's choice...but apparently it was something that the showrunner FELT like it had to happen...except it really didn't, Shore), what should I look forward to in season 4? Claire and Lim are basically the only two reasons to keep watching but that's not enough.

I’m heartbroken at the turn of events.  When I read that a character was going to die, I was terribly disappointed and tried to imagine whose loss wouldn’t bother me much, and I realized any loss would have upset me (even the characters who irritated me were interesting and brought something to the table), but Melendez?!! Really show?  I’m just sick at heart.  I think the only other character whose death would  have been equally devastating to me would have been Lim's.    

• Love 2

Pulling some quotes about future storylines, etc. from the TVLine interview with Shore:

https://tvline.com/2020/03/30/the-good-doctor-recap-season-3-episode-20-shaun-lea-finale/

TVLINE | We spent the first half of Season 3 watching Shaun navigate his first romantic relationship with Carly. How will watching him navigate this new relationship with Lea play differently in Season 4?

Well that’s what you’re going to have to tune in for, and that’s what we’re going to have to get together in a writers room — virtually or otherwise — and figure out as we go forward over the next few months. I certainly don’t want to tread the same territory. It’s not going to be about first kiss and that sort of thing again. I think it’s going to be less about navigating the beginning of a relationship and more about navigating a relationship.

TVLINE | Moving on to another potential cast departure… What is Will Yun Lee’s status heading into Season 4? Is Park really moving back to Arizona to be closer to Mia and Kellan?

We’re not planning on losing him from the show is the short answer. But that has been Park’s challenge, is his dealing with his commitments to work and his commitments to his personal life — a challenge we all face, but is all the more dramatic when you’re saving lives and at the same time your family is a thousand miles away.

TVLINE | With Melendez gone, will Claire look to Lim for friendship, as well as guidance, as she enters her fourth year of residency?

That is one of the things that I look forward to exploring. We touched upon it, you may have noticed, at the very, very end of the finale. It’s literally two lines of dialogue [when Lim says, “We should get a drink sometime,” and Claire answers, “I’d like that”], but it’s two lines of dialogue that excite me.

TVLINE | Likewise. It also looks like Andrews is going to take Morgan under his wing.

He has, and we were certainly going there this season. She disappointed him, but at the very end she proved herself to him. I love that relationship and I want to explore that more as well.

TVLINE | As much as this season was about Shaun’s first relationship, it was also about family. What will be the focus of Season 4?

I think we’re going to be putting him in more of a supervisory role in Season 4 and see how he rises to that challenge. And, of course, the relationship [between Shaun and Lea]. Exploring that, as we discussed earlier, will be a big part of it.

TVLINE | When exploring these themes of family, there were a lot of tragic moments — whether it was the death of Claire’s mother, or the subsequent death of Shaun’s father. Will Season 4 be quite as dark and tragic? Or will it be a bit lighter?

I don’t think we’ll have as many family members die… I hope. [Laughs] We’ll try not to make things horrible for Claire [next] season, but you know, it was wonderful watching [Antonia Thomas] rise and flex her acting chops. She’s so good.

• Love 2

Oh, Shore...

I don’t think we’ll have as many family members die… I hope. [Laughs] We’ll try not to make things horrible for Claire [next] season, but you know, it was wonderful watching [Antonia Thomas] rise and flex her acting chops. She’s so good.

I mean, I certainly agree with him that Antonia Thomas is damn good, but there are other ways to have her "flex her acting chops", other than having her play a character who always seems to end up suffering.  She can still be great while doing something lighter, more fun, or even comedic.  Claire doesn't always have to get the shit end of the stick to allow Thomas to shine.  But I suspect that it is a common mindset for a lot of television producers...

• Love 6

https://tvline.com/2020/08/06/good-doctor-season-4-premiere-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/

TVLine can confirm exclusively that the Season 4 opener will focus on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, which has already claimed more than 159,000 lives in the U.S. alone. We’re also hearing that the premiere will be a two-parter.

The Freddie Highmore-led series was initially set to get cameras rolling on Season 4 as early as next week, but pre-production was halted in Vancouver due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19 testing for cast and crew. “There is an issue with COVID-19 testing, which we are working to resolve with the BC Council,” a Sony Pictures Television spokesperson told Deadline. A new production start date is TBD.

Back in March, exec producer David Shore shared with TVLine that Season 4 would find Shaun in a “supervisory role” as he enters his fourth year of residency, while also navigating his new romance with Lea. We can also expect Lim and Andrews to take Claire and Morgan under their respective wings, as Park continues to struggle with the distance between him and his family.

• Love 1

Back in March, exec producer David Shore shared with TVLine that Season 4 would find Shaun in a “supervisory role” as he enters his fourth year of residency, while also navigating his new romance with Lea. We can also expect Lim and Andrews to take Claire and Morgan under their respective wings

Aren't Shaun, Claire and Morgan all at the same level? Both Claire and Morgan were there in s1 so why is Shaun supervising while the other two are needing to be supervised?  Is Shore doing what he did with House and playing favourites again?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Whelp, there goes all hope for any possible Melendez saved from death scenario. I'll pass this season. 

And, honestly, this show has already been so preposterous with some of its medical stuff, I would even accept COV-19 saving him somehow.

Shaun: "Hey, guys!  After using my special medical powers, I have figured out that if we inject Melendez with COV-19, the virus will actually destroy what is currently ailing him and cure him!"

Andrews: "Wait, what?  How is that possible?  That really doesn't make any kind of medical sense..."

Lim:  "Shut up, Andrews!  We're doing this!  Get on it, Claire!"

Claire: "Yeah, this would be the best time for me to help.  The last ten patients I had ended up dying or got worse, so it's about time for me to have a victory now."

(one commercial break later)

Melendez (now standing): "It worked!  I'm cured!  It's a miracle!"

Lim and Claire: "Yay!"

Reznick: "I wonder if the virus could make me stronger?"

Shaun: "Sorry, even COV-19 is less deadly than your toxic personality."

Park: "Damn, Shaun!  I need to call over some of my cop buddies, because you just straight-up murdered her."

Shaun: "Anyway, I'm off to break up with Lea now, because I realized that I was being awful those last few episodes, and my bad behavior really shouldn't be rewarded.  Hey, maybe I should make amends with Carly while I'm at it.  Assuming she's still around..."

Glassman: "Well, I can't think of a better ending than this!"

Jared (busts through the door to a thunderous applause): "I'm back, everyone!  This time for good!" (Chuku Modu's inside voice: "Please don't make me go back to The 100!")

Hey, I would roll with it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Casting news: https://tvline.com/2020/10/01/the-good-doctor-season-4-spoilers-noah-galvin-cast-new-resident/

The Good Doctor has cast Noah Galvin ahead of Season 4, Deadline reports. The ABC vet, who starred as Kenny on the aforementioned family sitcom, will recur on the Freddie Highmore medical drama as one of four first-year residents whose arc will span the entire season.

His character, Dr. Asher Wolke, made the choice to separate himself from an Orthodox Jewish sect before opting to attend medical school.

Galvin will be joined by Brian “Sene” Marc (Marvel’s Luke Cage), Bria Samoné Henderson (Mrs. America) and newcomer Summer Brown, who have been cast as fellow newbie docs Ricky Guerin, Jordan Allen and Olivia Jackson, respectively.

I hadn't heard about the previous castings; but then I hadn't really been paying any attention to news about the show anymore.

So that's four new characters? Sounds like there's going to be a lot of sidelining going on with the characters I actually care about.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, Avabelle said:

Some spoilers on the below link about the season four opener:

Beau Garrett will be back for the opener. Presumably it will be Melendez related.

Claire is still grieving.

Park is prepping to move to Arizona.

Morgan is no longer part of the surgery team and adjusting to a new role.

https://tvline.com/2020/10/19/the-good-doctor-beau-garrett-returning-jessica-season-4-premiere/

Thrilled to see this show is making a return. The way they ended it last season felt a lot like they were ready to be cancelled. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

So who has the code blue in next weeks show? glassy ?

That's my guess.  

When they brought Claire in, I thought they would get rid of one of the residents, but apparently her appearance was just for a few episodes.  So now it looks like they will either kill off Dr. Glassman or use him as a cliffhanger.  All his speeches lately seem to show that his role in Shaun's life is no longer needed, so he seems a natural choice.

• Love 2