Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Cold Steel

16 hours ago, Bama said:

Holy shit, Billy is fucking evil.

Sadly they don't cast Ben Barnes as a good guy anymore ?

I really loved this episode, everything about it was interesting/exciting. 

Poor Sam. Just poor freaking Sam ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I was spoiled that someone died in this one, and I had a feeling it was going to be Sam, because even during his introduction, I just had a bad feeling that he mainly here so that Dinah would lose someone else.  What was extra brutal was that it looked like Russo made sure he couldn't talk, but still let him bleed out.  Couldn't even just finish him.  And then that final scene of him pretending to be a supportive boyfriend for a shell-shocked Dinah.  Creepy.

Not surprised that Sarah and Frank kissed.  Even though he did kiss back at first, I do believe that Frank isn't interested in her that way and was caught up in the moment.  Despite his drunken rants, I actually thought David handled it better then I expected.  He at least seemed to understand why it happened, even though he didn't like it.

Although I'm really not sure if Russo's hired guns were just that damn good or if Homeland Security can't shoot for shit.

• Love 3

Darn it I was afraid for Sam in the last couple of eps.  If it hadn't been for the shock of it being Billy under that hood I'd like to think he would have survived.  There are a lot of people in this show who are on the border or over it, but Billy now seems like the lead psycho.  No shakes, no guilt, no compunction about continuing to play his role toward Madani.

David was more mature about the situation than he could have been, aside from getting himself drunk and stupid.  I do like the increasing familiarity of his conversations with Frank.  Frank is starting to feel more human again.  The stories about how they met their wives made for a good scene.

• Love 2

Billy is just evil. I didn't realize that until this episode. He not only puts his own interest first but kills without any remorse. The scene with him comforting her was disturbing. I was sad to see Sam go, but it's not really all that surprising.

I was glad how they had David handle the kiss thing, it actually added some humor. I guess I'm not that surprised it happened, but I kept hoping that they wouldn't go there. That being said, I agree that Frank has no feelings for her. He was taken back by the kiss. Hopefully soon he'll be able to tell them that David is alive.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, blueray said:

Billy is just evil. I didn't realize that until this episode. He not only puts his own interest first but kills without any remorse. The scene with him comforting her was disturbing. I was sad to see Sam go, but it's not really all that surprising.

I think Billy is a narcissistic psychopath. He views everything through the Prism of Billy. I think in his mind he's a good guy and everything he does is right. Like caring for Madani after killing Sam, he probably thinks, I'm such a great boyfriend. He has no issues with betraying a friend or killing people because it's all about him and what he needs/wants.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

So was David being drunk and then the assoicated hang over the reason they didn’t pick up on the fake homeland security operation? Because Madani said the fake operation was the only thing going up on the server and they had been monitoring the servers. Because if it was the drinking that makes sense and is some good writing. The other option being the writers just forgot about that.

Also any guesses on what Billy injected his mom with, and why he did just use the IV injection port thing that was right next to her arm?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So was David being drunk and then the assoicated hang over the reason they didn’t pick up on the fake homeland security operation? Because Madani said the fake operation was the only thing going up on the server and they had been monitoring the servers. Because if it was the drinking that makes sense and is some good writing. The other option being the writers just forgot about that.

Also any guesses on what Billy injected his mom with, and why he did just use the IV injection port thing that was right next to her arm?

The thought i had was im glad they are getting drunk and not getting involved with the whole homeland sting. They could have added a line in there with micro and frank laughing drunkenly about how they are pretty sure frank is not buying ammo since he is there getting hammered.

I really liked how panicked frank got when micro went to talk to his son... so much so that he was willing to do whatever he said to save the kids life! The jokes this episode were amazing and never in a million years would i have thought there would be a scene of a guy shaking his junk and ass in the punishers face and the punisher laughing about it ha! The one punch knockout was awesome! Also... "so thats how were dealing with this?.. thats how im dealing with this".

• Love 3

Sam!  I have to admit being pissed off at him for allowing Billy to get so close.

Agent Orange continues to be a one-dimensional 80s villain (though well-acted) and Billy has been a strong villain so far.

I do love the Frank and David friendship and I agree David is handling this better than I would have thought.

So basically, Frank is kind of a fearless dumb ass. Or maybe an idiot savante. He does what he does without thinking much about it, or really without much preparation. He just knows stuff and he isn't afraid. And he reacts a lot.

My sympathies are with Micro, who has to watch his family go on thinking he's dead. And at some point, as in this ep, showing signs of moving on beyond Micro. He is handling that way better than I would.

I've now watched 8 episodes of this show and Frank is not impressing me. Nor is the show, really. If Madani became a female Punisher I'd like it more.

On Today's Special episode of The Punisher:

When he's not punishing crime, Frank's setting straight at-risk youths.

I actually enjoy the scenes of Frank with Lieberman's family the most... but then I remember, hey, I'm watching The Punisher.  Conflicting feelings on this show.  They planted the seed with Lieberman's wife, I betting on Frank maybe crossing a line with her.

Madani is still a snooze for me.  I loved Sam and his banter.  #ShouldaBeenMadani  

I knew cop lady's doofy partner wasn't going to make it through the series but that was still sad. Damn, Billy is evil and cold as hell. So far, second best villain after David Tennant in Jessica Jones. I promise I don't read spoilers but I have a bad feeling about Micro not making it through the series either. I feel like they are setting something up here with the scenes between Frank and Micro's family and I feel like Karen and some feelings she and Frank may have for each other will come into play also. Like if something happens to Micro that Frank will feel a duty to that family. Of course I could be totally wrong, we'll see later this week when I get to finish watching the series.

Edited by festivus

Damn it. RIP Stein.

I thought it was Madani's mother at first at the end but when it turned out to be Billy I yelled out "AW HELL NO!!" What a scumbag.

I love the little details about how Frank met his wife. Jon Bernthal is always great with that stuff.

Poor Micro. I love the choice of not cutting to his reaction to his wife kissing Frank but showing him passed out with the image frozen on the computer after!

I have to admit, the scenes with Frank throwing a football with Micro's son were pretty touching.

Especially considering five minutes earlier he had a knife to his throat, lol.  I guess I know what he was going for, though.  Tricky situation.  Obviously the kid needs a male role model, as Micro realized.

Just getting to this show now and liking it a lot.  So Russo is a twisted sociopath.  Great scenes between Frank and David, and Frank and Sarah.  Frank is in an incredibly awkward spot, and I'm glad they aren't going down the path of him getting with Sarah because that would just turn the show into a big soap opera once she learned the truth about her husband and who Frank really is.  You can't deny the sexual chemistry between Sarah and Frank though.  I was surprised when Russo gutted Sam.  I thought Sam was going to be like the Foggy of this show, but his time was cut short.  Oh well.  Madani needs to start thinking with her head and piecing together all this stuff that has been happening since Russo walked into her life.  Too much coincidence.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1