Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Chapter Nineteen: Death Proof

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, mariekristen said:

Also, was it said/featured in last season that she knows how to work on cars? Was I supposed to just assume that normal, pastel-sweater-wearing Betty cooper could also fix and maneuver a normal car into a street racer?? 

I seem to remember Betty's dad saying to her how much he missed working on cars with her. (Please don't tell me I dreamed this...)

• Love 1

I swear I remember some line about Betty knowing how to work on cars too(also I think it’s mentioned in the comic books?) 

Also The more and more I think about who The black hood is more I think it’s Keller. Like I’ve been saying his behavior is so strange. I mean really.. he’s either the Black Hood or a terrible police sheriff. I mean we already know he’s the latter but his responses to Betty in Pops with his “I’m off the clock, not talking business “ attitude is just sparking so many volumes to me. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Another flaw to Archie's brilliant plan occurs to me. If there are two cars, maybe they can arrest you both for drag racing, and maybe in Riverdale that has a mandatory thirty day sentence or something, maybe. But if all they have is one car speeding... then wouldn't the driver just get a speeding ticket? That's... probably not enough to derail the entire business empire of jingle jangle.

Where I live, there is a "stunt driving" infraction - defined by going 50 km/h over the speed limit. It's really just excessive speeding, but they chose to term it 'stunt driving'. It involves automatically having your car impounded and license suspended for 7 days, plus some other consequences that can/will occur after conviction (fines, longer license suspension, etc).

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Another flaw to Archie's brilliant plan occurs to me. If there are two cars, maybe they can arrest you both for drag racing, and maybe in Riverdale that has a mandatory thirty day sentence or something, maybe. But if all they have is one car speeding... then wouldn't the driver just get a speeding ticket? That's... probably not enough to derail the entire business empire of jingle jangle.

I thought the same thing. They had a whole roadblock set up, and they caught one speeding car. The Serpents have a lawyer. Surely the Ghoulies have a lawyer who can get them out of traffic violations. 

But law enforcement in Riverdale seems to operate by their own incompetent rules. They arrested high school kids who were just standing in a hallway, but somehow missed the drug dealing teacher during their raid.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, secnarf said:

Where I live, there is a "stunt driving" infraction - defined by going 50 km/h over the speed limit. It's really just excessive speeding, but they chose to term it 'stunt driving'. It involves automatically having your car impounded and license suspended for 7 days, plus some other consequences that can/will occur after conviction (fines, longer license suspension, etc).

Doesn’t sound like it would stop you from beating the crap out of anyone, though. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I swear I remember some line about Betty knowing how to work on cars too(also I think it’s mentioned in the comic books?) 

Also The more and more I think about who The black hood is more I think it’s Keller. Like I’ve been saying his behavior is so strange. I mean really.. he’s either the Black Hood or a terrible police sheriff. I mean we already know he’s the latter but his responses to Betty in Pops with his “I’m off the clock, not talking business “ attitude is just sparking so many volumes to me. 

I still wonder why he’d be possessive of Betty. Maybe he watched her grow up type of thing. 

I still thinking the best bets are Hal, Chick and Kevin himself. Kevin might have access to the sheriff’s keys to the jail. Chic might work there. Maybe the jail scene eliminates Hal. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Affogato said:

I still wonder why he’d be possessive of Betty. Maybe he watched her grow up type of thing. 

I still thinking the best bets are Hal, Chick and Kevin himself. Kevin might have access to the sheriff’s keys to the jail. Chic might work there. Maybe the jail scene eliminates Hal. 

Kevin was in the woods hooking up with some rando when they heard the gunshots nearby, when Moose was shot. I also think the skin around the eyes when we've seen the Black Hood looks like an older man. Kevin is too fresh-faced.

1 hour ago, Enginerd said:

Kevin was in the woods hooking up with some rando when they heard the gunshots nearby, when Moose was shot. I also think the skin around the eyes when we've seen the Black Hood looks like an older man. Kevin is too fresh-faced.

Yeah you’re right. In the comic the hood is a thing, though, so there’s that..,it wouldnt be Kevin but it’s the best story. 

Really green eye though. 

Maybe Kevin used his dad's police resources to find the Black Hood himself, offed the Black Hood, collected the artifacts that proved a connection to the shootings, and then started making calls and sending letters to Betty to get back at her.

That would a massive over-reaction, but why not?

• Love 3
On 11/15/2017 at 9:17 PM, jay741982 said:

Also I love that Toni is no rebound girl and stated she prefers women. Writers bring on Cheroni!

Cheroni? Excuse me! I think you mean Tonyl (pronounced toenail)!!!!!!!!!!

After Betty and Jughead sleep together they can change their name from Bughead to Bedhead.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 5

I’m really hoping they do Cheryl and Toni(shipper name still to come ;) ) I know that Vanessa and Madealine are good friends so I’m hoping they do go there. I’m sad we didn’t get any moments other than cheryl saying she was made to start the drag race instead of Toni- to which yes, yes she is.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m really hoping they do Cheryl and Toni(shipper name still to come ;) ) I know that Vanessa and Madealine are good friends so I’m hoping they do go there. I’m sad we didn’t get any moments other than cheryl saying she was made to start the drag race instead of Toni- to which yes, yes she is.

I wouldn't have blamed Toni if she checked out Cheryl in that scene she looked HAWT

54 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Cheroni? Excuse me! I think you mean Tonyl (pronounced toenail)!!!!!!!!!!

After Betty and Jughead sleep together they can change their name from Bughead to Bedhead.

LOL I couldn't think of another name for the ship! And I'm wanting some Bughead Sexytimes still not sure were getting any just yet 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I’ve preferred Bedhead all along. Making a portmanteau by changing one letter is lazy to me. ??‍♂️

• Love 4
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I still like the name Bughead, plus I don’t know when we’re ever going to get them sleeping together. I feel like the show is holding that, and obviously for a reason. 

Isn't it typical for the otp in teen shows to get every type of drama, secrets, misunderstandings, assummptions (add whatever you want)  thrown at them to split them before they eventually, after several seasons(often added with longing gazes and slight touches, etc), they finally get together in this explosion of romance?! ??????

Im assuming tptb are waiting patiently ( if they are at all the more i think about it) to place that scene in the season..maybe towards the end of the season? Still a lot of stuff between them to resolve.

They'll get their due... eventually..?

Edited by PeekaBoo

In and of itself, I still don't think Archie's plan was worth shit.  The Ghoulies are not going to step down after you obviously cheated, but they might get extremely riled up for revenge. However, Archie's trick combined with what the girls accomplished independently of him, could be an interesting combo. Not only is the sugarman removed, but since it happened right after Ghouleader got arrested, it probably looks like he was the one who tried to cut a deal and narc'd. And that, assuming that gangs on the show actually choose next week to act like gangs in real life, is where the Ghoulies should be experiencing some interesting internal turmoil.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

In and of itself, I still don't think Archie's plan was worth shit.  The Ghoulies are not going to step down after you obviously cheated, but they might get extremely riled up for revenge. However, Archie's trick combined with what the girls accomplished independently of him, could be an interesting combo. Not only is the sugarman removed, but since it happened right after Ghouleader got arrested, it probably looks like he was the one who tried to cut a deal and narc'd. And that, assuming that gangs on the show actually choose next week to act like gangs in real life, is where the Ghoulies should be experiencing some interesting internal turmoil.

Yeah, I agree. His “Solution” isn’t really one. Yes, it deadlocked the current situation for.. some time? But it’s not the end of it. Also it doesn’t endear Archie with the serpents at all, seriously, I think we’re supposed Side with Archie and his (terrible) decisions regarding the gang but he’s doing terrible stuff, they have every right to dislike the kid.

Convinced Black Hood is Betty's father. He knew where Polly was, hates the mother enough to disparage her and needs a personal crusade.

Archie's portrayal is getting to me; he's coming across naïve and underdeveloped. I can see how his unknowingness leads to unintended consequence (drama), but I don't find it cute.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Kimmel77 said:

Convinced Black Hood is Betty's father. He knew where Polly was, hates the mother enough to disparage her and needs a personal crusade.

I actually like this one. If I remember right, he was very moralistic about abortion, Alice was going to get one or something? I'm fuzzy on the details but I remember it as him being very morally against it which would play into BH's "sinners must be punished" mentality.

• Love 2
On 11/24/2017 at 9:54 PM, Mabinogia said:

I actually like this one. If I remember right, he was very moralistic about abortion, Alice was going to get one or something? I'm fuzzy on the details but I remember it as him being very morally against it which would play into BH's "sinners must be punished" mentality.

Betty's dad actually wanted her mom to have an abortion and she declined. That was his solution for Polly too and that made her super mad at him.

Edited by Eneya
On 11/18/2017 at 0:51 PM, mariekristen said:

Also, was it said/featured in last season that she knows how to work on cars? Was I supposed to just assume that normal, pastel-sweater-wearing Betty cooper could also fix and maneuver a normal car into a street racer?? 

Getting caught up on the episode threads - as others have responded, yes, this is something from the books, but just to elaborate a little further, it's actually a pretty frequently referenced element in them.  Also in the books - in an element that (sadly - since it would be another something to make Archie more interesting/add some more fun colors) hasn't carried over into the show - is that Archie has a major clunker of a car!  Betty's often the one coming to the rescue fixing it up when it breaks down.

• Love 2

The season’s on Netflix, now, so I can catch up, again!

one thing I really like about this show Is that the characters are open with each other. They actually talk to each other about their problems. It’s refreshing.  

I did not see the reveal of the sugar man coming. 

• Love 1
On 11/16/2017 at 12:56 AM, Sonoma said:

I didn't get the impression they were fully back together? It seems like they still have some issues. Jughead being a serpent bothers Betty, as it should. And despite her best intentions and eventually telling him the truth about why she "broke up" with him, he still lost emotional trust in her. Archie being the messenger in her dumping, even if it was false, made it all worse. I don't see him letting it go easily, just as I don't see her letting the Serpent thing go easily.

So despite it being clear they still love each other, I think it's going to take a while for them to get back to where they were. Which I find a much better narrative than them just fully lovey-doveying each other right away because there are still significant issues between them.

The show has made it pretty clear that Archie and Veronica are more of a physical couple and Jughead and Betty are more of an emotional couple. So I expect to see those hawt moments between Archie and Veronica more often than Jughead and Betty. And really, I found that scene in the auto shop completely adorable and more intimate than them making out.

I think the show is going to make it an epic deal when these two finally have sex so I'm not expecting it any time soon. I'm sure there's going to be this big emotional buildup. Just as I'm sure there's going to be another WTF when she finds out he hooked up with Toni, regardless if it was just a PG-13 groping session. You know that plot point is going to come back.

Yes, I'm fully aware these are 16/17 year olds we're talking about regarding love and emotions but this is a television show and this is Riverdale. And thank goodness for that because I love this ship and I love how Cole and Lili are playing the Bughead story.

The show doesn’t seem to be about couples/ relationships so while I love bughead , it annoys me that they can’t have one normal scene together discussing anything but murder and how to solve it . I’m not expecting Dawson’s creek where the entire show is about relationships .. but would a scene here or there not relating to solving a murder be ok ? These kids are 15 and all the parents/ adults in the town treat them like they’re 35 year old detectives . Does it bother no one else ? I like teen shows more like one tree hill so this isn’t really up my alley but I guess I’ll push through since I’ve watched this much already . 

Also , why does no one ever drink their milkshakes ? It’s always filled all the way to the top . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 1