Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Darling Nikki

A visit to the foster home carries deadly consequences, as Marcus and Father Tomas attempt to draw the demon out of hiding. Rose finds herself the target of the demon's wrath. And no one suspects that a new danger may be lurking in the woods, waiting for its moment to strike. Meanwhile, Father Bennett and Mouse take the fight directly to the conspiracy as they attempt to hunt down an old adversary.

Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazqQU8vSH8

I love this show. It is just so good. Poor Andy. He is possessed now. I was so scared that Rose would be killed. She is such a good person. I am glad that she survived the demon's attack.

Oh no, I think that demon is right that Tomas is being seduced into evil despite Marcus' best efforts to warn and protect him. I think that this is the real reason why Marcus hasn't been feeling God's presence. Hopefully, Bennett and Mouse will arrive in time to help Marcus save him. At least, now they know where to find thim since the demon conspiracy has been keeping track of them.  I am dying to know Mouse and Marcus' shared history.

Oh shit, I almost had a freaking heart attack when Harper's mother showed up. How on earth does this show do this to me? 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
Just now, SoSueMe said:

Wow, with Andy taking out the mom he is pretty much lost now. Who will take care of the kids? 

Good question. If we get a happy ending, they say an intruder killed the mother and Andy and Rose pair up and take over caring for the kids (Truck comes back home). However, this seems unlikely.

• Love 6

It feels like this season is barreling toward a finale FAST. But this is only Ep.6, I wonder how many episodes are on tap for the season. I don't want it to end.

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SoSueMe said:

It feels like this season is barreling toward a finale FAST. But this is only Ep.6, I wonder how many episodes are on tap for the season. I don' want it to end.

We got 10 episodes last season so it is probably the same number this season.

• Love 4

My heart is still in my throat! The last ten minutes of this episode were crazy! I love this show! 

Poor Andy is a mess and he's possessed now. I wonder what the significance of that rock was? Good thing Rose is ok, she's got to take care of those kids. I hope she gets them off the island. 

I can't wait for Bennett and Mouse get to the island and I am intrigued to find out what was with Mouse and Marcus. 

At least Maria got was coming to her, torture with holy water IV and a bullet to the head. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

At least Maria got was coming to her, torture with holy water IV and a bullet to the head. 

I like the actress and wish we had gotten more of her, but Maria was evil before being possessed so I didn't have any sympathy for her. She had it coming.

• Love 8

Maria's demon wasn't made for modern times. Holy Water IV and a gunshot to the head. Good actress who had a delicious part.  Yep, new ways to deal with the Hellish Corral. One way trip - and fast. At least her demon was chatty and pointed out some interesting facts about Marcus and Tomas. Marcus needs to keep an eye on his Padowan. He is too easily seduced. And if he does have visions and such, he does need to work with someone on how to control them. Before they control him.

I too thought Harper's mother was the demon. How did she get in the house? How did she get to the island? There can't be that many ferries to reach it. And hiring a boat - when it's dark and there is a convenient thunderstorm?

Andy and his unknown er, threesome.

I did like Marcus and Tomas being good and bad priest grilling Andy.  Suspicion and knowing how the possession occurs is part of the toolkit. He's emotionally vulnerable, has not dealt with his wife's death, and his answers were waaaay too pat. Although Andy will eventually have to explain killing Harper's mother - the intruder scenario might work.

Am admiring both Ben Daniels' and John Cho's work this season.

• Love 8

Another incredible episode!  Truck was so sad.  Now he's being pegged as being violent when he really was just being influenced by the demon.  Ben Daniels continues to amaze me and John Cho did a great job as well.  Sorry to see Maria go, because the actress is so good!

• Love 6

Kind of weird ending the episode mid-confrontation, but I guess that'll happen when you suddenly gun the afterburners on the story. I'd've stopped at Andy ganking Harper's mom while everyone looked on in horror, then cold-opened next week with the priests double-barreling him with the crucifixes...but at this point, I trust Jeremy Slater knows what he's doing.

Glad we got closure on Maria—there's that trust in Slater paying off—and that Rose survived. Especially because it's gonna be hard for Andy to come back from this, so she's probably the kids' best hope of getting anything resembling a happy ending.

• Love 5

When Rose first came upon the scene in her debut episode, I didn't like her and said I thought she was bringing trouble.  It appears I'm wrong on that, so sorry Rose!  I still don't love her to death, and I think she's being a bit opportunistic by staying at Andy's foster home for what now is weeks (?) when she really has the hots for him, as evidenced in this epi.  I'm sure she cares about the children, but if Andy wasn't her old flame/the one who got away, would Rose still be staying at the home, or would she have signed off at first opportunity and left the island?

Yes, I want to know the history of Marcus and Mouse too!  I'm going to rewatch this epi on Roku because it was so darned good!

Wow, those kids are going to need some serious therapy after watching their foster dad gut a women in front of them. I think it's odd that none of the adults tried to stop him, they all just stood there watching. The moment when Andy came completely possessed was pretty cool. And when the priests were coming at him, the smug little smile on his face was pretty creepy. He's going to be hard to exorcise I think.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

I'd've stopped at Andy ganking Harper's mom while everyone looked on in horror, then cold-opened next week with the priests double-barreling him with the crucifixes...but at this point, I trust Jeremy Slater knows what he's doing.

Yeah, I thought it was odd that neither Marcus or Tomas rushed to stop Andy. I know they were attempting to protect the kids and get them away, but still stopping possessed Andy from committing murder seemed like the priority in that moment.

• Love 1

So shit has now officially hit the fan! Poor Andy is now fully possessed, and just full on gutted Harper's crazy mom in front of everyone. I have to say, even with the demon running amok, Harper's mom was the creepiest part of the episode. I was sure she was the demon at first, she looked so demented. There is a certain amount of irony/karma in a woman who was obsessed with her daughter being possessed by a demon, when there was no actual demon, would try to kidnap her daughter, only to be killed by an actual demon. 

Poor Rose was cock blocked by a freaking demon! Nikki demon was creepy, but not quite as creepy as Grace demon. Huge props to John Cho, you could really see how the demon was slowly taking over, until the demon finally arrived, black eyes and all. So now Marcus and Tomas are fighting a demon (who is possessing not a skinny teenage girl, but a full grown man!)  in the middle of an island in a house full of kids. Oh, and the evil demon conspiracy is looking at them. Hurry up and get here Mouse and Bennet, they need back up. Plus, I want to know Mouses history with Marcus ASAP. 

I loved the expression on Marcus's face when he sat at the chair across from possessed Andy. He just had this intense yet excited expression, like he was thinking "oh, I am SO onto you demon boy. I cannot wait to throw your ass out of this house". I know I say this all the time, but oh my God Ben Daniels is just so good! He says so much in just his expressions and body language. Really, that whole scene was just great, all the actors were doing great work throughout. 

Poor Truck, he seems so despondent away from his family and locked up. I hope that this season ends with him back home and all the kids living happily with Andy and Rise, without a single demon in sight. It probably wont happen, but its a nice thought. They deserve a happy ending. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I hope that this season ends with him back home and all the kids living happily with Andy and Rise,

Has Andy passed the point of no return? Could he really be an effective and good father to those kids after they witnessed him gutting a woman?  Especially when that woman is one of his charge's mother?

6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Has Andy passed the point of no return? Could he really be an effective and good father to those kids after they witnessed him gutting a woman?  Especially when that woman is one of his charge's mother?

I'd like to think so but in real life the legalities would be impossible to overcome. (But this is TV, sooo, maybe:))

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

I'd like to think so but in real life the legalities would be impossible to overcome.

I'm not talking legalities or real life issues, I'm talking about being a man who just viciously murdered a woman in front of the children (who were likely victims of abuse) he has promised to protect.  Even if they bury her body in the garden and the cops aren't called and there are no legal ramifications.  Can Andy still be a good and effective father?  I think not, the irreparable damage is done.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not talking legalities or real life issues, I'm talking about being a man who just viciously murdered a woman in front of the children (who were likely victims of abuse) he has promised to protect.  Even if they bury her body in the garden and the cops aren't called and there are no legal ramifications.  Can Andy still be a good and effective father?  I think not, the irreparable damage is done.

While this is true in real life, last season's Rance family seemed to move on easily, forgetting all the bad that Casey and Angela did while possessed.  I suspect that there will be a happily ever after for Andy and his kids.  The priests seem to be the ones with the lasting damage.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

While this is true in real life, last season's Rance family seemed to move on easily, forgetting all the bad that Casey and Angela did while possessed.

True, but Casey and Angela never witnessed their mother being gutted like a fish as Harper did.  

16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I suspect that there will be a happily ever after for Andy and his kids. 

I half agree, I see the kids moving on (perhaps with Marcus and new beau), I don't see Andy leaving the island.

• Love 1

I am dying to know Mouse and Marcus' shared history.

Who is Mouse? Was she on the show last season? I'm not following that part of the story at all. I do remember Bennett but can't recall what exactly his involvement was last season.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Who is Mouse? Was she on the show last season? I'm not following that part of the story at all. I do remember Bennett but can't recall what exactly his involvement was last season.

Mouse is the lady exorcist, not seen last season, who is with Fr. Bennett in Antwerp, Belgium where Dolores was.  They since went to Chicago to pay Maria a visit.  Maria was from last season, part of the unholy alliance.  Maria came down with cancer which weakened her so that the demon possessed her.  Mouse is the one who shot her in the head.

• Love 4

Andy has some serious hair gel game. That coif didn't move an inch during the final transition into possession.

Loved that as soon as they saw Andy was fully possessed, Marcus and Tomas got a 'Time to get down to business!' looks on their faces with both immediately reaching into their pockets and whipping out the crosses. 

Oh, Maria, Maria. Girl wanted so badly to belong and finally got her wish to sit at the big demons table and died of cancer inside of a year and was pushed out of the conspiracy.

Harper is such a lovely kid. After all she's been through and seen and lost, she's so hopeful and upbeat.

Tomas being shook with all his visions and Marcus just gently and warmly supporting was beautiful. It's nice to see men not joke or hide or deflect their feelings and being open and emotional and being able to be shoulders to lean on and hands to hold.

Truuuuuuuuck???

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 2