Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The Kilgannon Corporation

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

The rest of the show is pretty good again. The Tom storyline isn't

I appreciated the Tom storyline tonight.  I think he's finally realizing there are more menacing people in this world than Reddington.  I think he might also understand that he should have listened to him.  I loved the storyline with Dembe and of course his moments with Red.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ally said:

I loved the storyline with Dembe and of course his moments with Red.

Did a home feel that was kind of predictable? It really didn't seem likely that Dembe was going to die. And Red's speech about why Dembe had stuck with him was veryvery lengthy. The show also appears to be making Red out to be a much better guy than he was previously portrayed.  It's all well and good to be the human smuggler with a heart of gold, but he has repeatedly sold major amounts of weapons to very bad people.

I wonder how Kilgannon's wife thinks her husband died.

I never really got the feeling that Dembe was ever in any real danger.

Lizzie was just .... there.   Where was Agnes while the "newlyweds" .... again .... were banging ?

Red killed some more people, but they saved some immigrants from deportation so it's all good.

Tom's storyline is just so boring -- after all this talk about finding Pete, and manipulating Pete's girlfriend to help find Pete, Pete and his girlfriend are both dead and Tom is kidnapped by somebody (I don't even care who it is that snatched Tom).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I never really got the feeling that Dembe was ever in any real danger.

Lizzie was just .... there.   Where was Agnes while the "newlyweds" .... again .... were banging ?

Red killed some more people, but they saved some immigrants from deportation so it's all good.

Tom's storyline is just so boring -- after all this talk about finding Pete, and manipulating Pete's girlfriend to help find Pete, Pete and his girlfriend are both dead and Tom is kidnapped by somebody (I don't even care who it is that snatched Tom).

That was Pete's sister, not his girlfriend.

Not that it matters, she's dead either way.

Who was that troll with the glasses? He's really bad.

4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

That was Pete's sister, not his girlfriend.

That was Pete's sister -- so why was she so upset when she found out from Tom that Pete lied about being previously married ?  Why would his sister even care about that ?

Still no sign of the dogs.

When the guy who is holding Tom was first shown, for a second I thought it was Glen and got all confused.  

I, too, thought that young lady was Pete's girlfriend. 

Best moment for me was when Aram told Dembe that (and I'm paraphrasing), "Aside from killing people, you're kind of my role model." That was great! 

• Love 1

Although I would like to see an episode devoted primarily to Dembe, this was really just a love letter to him from Red.

Dembe, the College Years might be interesting.

Also, the show had the smugglers split the girl from her parents just to create drama.  There was absolutely no reason for them to have done so unless they were planning to sell the immigrants in one of the trucks into slavery or something.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

I admit I only have this show on while I'm doing other things so I miss a lot -- and don't care. The days of it being must-see tv are gone for me. Red has been shown to be a hateful and most horrible person so any qualities displayed last night that might be considered "redeeming" are lost on me. And I hate his self-serving soliloquies. Good god, man, just STFU. Lizzie being the happiest person in the world because now she has (another) legal paper allowing her to eff Tom is gag worthy. And yeah, where is Agnes? Just have the dogs kill and eat her since they haven't been fed for a couple years now. I'd be all for that storyline. I did laugh at Aram computing exactly how much time alive was left in that truck. That was the biggest stupid moment for me given all the variables. Aram's good, but he isn't THAT good. Plus Tom used to be this international assassin with multi-passports, names, cash and a go bag, and he's all stupid now. I care as much about those bones in a suitcase as I did/do about Lizzie's father-figure problems.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, paigow said:

Has Blacklister #1 ever been named?

Not yet.  The highest number so far is Mr. Kaplan at #4.  Yes, I've been keeping a list.  Call me obsessive.  The irony is that I don't even remember half of those people.

• Love 1

Okay, that was mostly filler even if I do like seeing more Dembe.

20 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I wonder how Kilgannon's wife thinks her husband died.

Heh, she had to have figured it out by the time sonny admitted he wanted to kill her himself.

Tom and Liz being all lovey-dovey had me rolling my eyes and telling them to shut-up and answer the phone.  Just gag, already.

Tom is still continuing down his path of stupidity.  Again, when Red warned him off it should have put up a big red sign in front of him but apparently not.  So he and the rest get snatched and Tom is left alive and beaten and now trying to make a deal with Mr. Eyeglasses.  Once again, Red is going to have to save his sorry ass for little Lizzie.  Please show, hurry up and wrap this story-line up because I doubt we're going to even get a good payoff after all of this (unless Tom dies, I'd be good with that).

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Was there a Blacklister on the very first episode, the one when Red gave himself up? If that one wasn't Red, then I vote he holds the BL #1 spot. Saving it for the series finale maybe.

In the pilot episode, there were actually 4 Blacklisters

The Pavlovich Brothers (# 119-122)

• Love 1

Red's ego makes him No. 1 on all his lists, including the black one. I can see the show finale, Red as BL #1, and NOT getting caught or turning himself in. Maybe he flies off (in that jet he stole) with Widow Kilgannon, except I haven't been paying enough attention to know who she is!

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, saber5055 said:

Lizzie being the happiest person in the world because now she has (another) legal paper allowing her to eff Tom is gag worthy.

This is dumb to ask at this point, but although I changed the channel to avoid becoming nauseous, Liz was saying something about first marriage because the other one was annulled.  I always wondered why the first was annulled, because technically if he is not legally Tom Keen is the marriage legal.  Even now is the marriage legal since his real name is Christopher Hargrave/Jacob Phelps/Tom Keen/Kristoff Manheim/Fakob?  Secondly, we don't even know if Liz's name was legally changed to Elizabeth Scott so if she is still Masha Rostova (and we don't even know if there is a legal birth record for her since it appears that the daughter of Katerina Rostova was possibly an enigma and may or may not have existed) so are the legally married?  Yes considering the two people I'm asking about does anyone really care, but I'm just curious?  Does anyone have any legal knowledge about something like this.  I know I can google it, but I tried and have gotten several different answers from various sites.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2017 at 4:15 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

That was Pete's sister -- so why was she so upset when she found out from Tom that Pete lied about being previously married ?  Why would his sister even care about that ?

Still no sign of the dogs.

Lena WAS Pete's girlfriend.

I'm guessing the confusion occurred because of Lena's tattoo. She told Tom that she and her 3 brothers all got tattoos on their wrists...she got the heart, her brothers got diamond, club, and spade (like in a deck of cards).

Later, when Tom is going through Pete's office he sees a picture of Pete where he is wearing sunglasses. He looks closely at the sunglasses and there is a reflection of a heart on a hand. Tom therefore realizes that Lena took the picture of Pete and deduced that they had a relationship going on. But a romantic one, as Pete was NOT Lena's brother.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

I'm guessing the confusion occurred because of Lena's tattoo. She told Tom that she and her 3 brothers all got tattoos on their wrists...she got the heart, her brothers got diamond, club, and spade (like in a deck of cards).

Later, when Tom is going through Pete's office he sees a picture of Pete where he is wearing sunglasses. He looks closely at the sunglasses and there is a reflection of a heart on a hand. Tom therefore realizes that Lena took the picture of Pete and deduced that they had a relationship going on. But a romantic one, as Pete was NOT Lena's brother.

I originally thought Lena was Pete's girlfriend

On 11/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, calipiano81 said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, calipiano81 said:

Ditto. Lena was looking for marriage to Pete, but he was just fooling her about it.  Lena hesitated in helping Tom because she trusted Pete's intentions to married her, but I never thought that Pete killed the doctor. The writers never put forth anything that suggested Lena and Pete were related to each other

Edited by VinceW
On 11/11/2017 at 11:35 PM, ally said:

Even now is the marriage legal since his real name is Christopher Hargrave/Jacob Phelps/Tom Keen/Kristoff Manheim/Fakob?  Secondly, we don't even know if Liz's name was legally changed to Elizabeth Scott so if she is still Masha Rostova so are the legally married?

If 2 people that do not exist, fall in the forest......

• Love 3

You two

4 hours ago, paigow said:

If 2 people that do not exist, fall in the forest......

2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Does their dog hear them?  Apparently not.

ROTFLMAO!  You have both made my day.  And yes the question initial questions was rather pointless.  It's like who cares, but she's all happy and bouncy like a bobble headed doll and I'm thinking, but why.  That's probably because I just don't like Tom and am pretending the last scene of episode 6 was of Red and Dembe playing miniature golf.

I just saw a trailer: Lizzie doing her whole  weeping Madonna act (with the same amount of emotion and same waxy glassy expression) about Tom, "He's mixed up with people who are capable of this?" Honey, HE'S capable of that.

blub blub weep weep drool on Ressler's suit.

Oh please just die already. The whole show, I mean.

I've been watching late seasons ER episodes.  Abby and Luka's baby Joe has been all over the episodes.  Even if it's just a nanny exchange with mom and dad.  When he's not in episodes, they usually talk about him.  It reminded me of this show and how we never see Agnes because it clearly can be done without the kid being the entire storyline.

1 hour ago, Stuffy said:

I've been watching late seasons ER episodes.  Abby and Luka's baby Joe has been all over the episodes.  Even if it's just a nanny exchange with mom and dad.  When he's not in episodes, they usually talk about him.  It reminded me of this show and how we never see Agnes because it clearly can be done without the kid being the entire storyline.

The character of JJ in Criminal Minds had a baby on the show to coincide with the actress's real life pregnancy. The writers never forgot JJ had a son. Agnes was just a plot device and now they don't need her, she's gone. And the whole Liz and Tom screwing nonsense, they had the most sexless marriage  in Season 1 when they were supposedly so loved up. Does logic dictate that that other great plot device, Tom Keen, will follow Agnes. And the dog (s).

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And Red's speech about why Dembe had stuck with him was veryvery lengthy.

Agreed.  I have to admit - I actually FF through most of it because....

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, saber5055 said:

Red has been shown to be a hateful and most horrible person so any qualities displayed last night that might be considered "redeeming" are lost on me. And I hate his self-serving soliloquies. Good god, man, just STFU.

of this.  I was Team Mr. Kaplan all the way, and I just cannot with Red.