Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

She seemed happy to have made the Stars, but I wish she could have gotten one good DCC season under her belt.  She never did anything for me one way or another, but then I saw her in that season where someone snitched on her that she wasn't acting bubbly enough (or some kind of bullshit) at a pool party & after that I loved her (I think that was what prompted her being forced to read the infamous O-NAY-sis book).  I loved that she didn't seem like some kind of phony who was "on" 24/7.  So sad that she is gone :(

Lol YES. That scene kills me every time. Miko and her shit talking ways. I was never a huge Meagan Flaherty fan, but I thought that whole debacle was pretty dumb and felt bad for her when they made her do the book report. So demeaning.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Has anyone seen/know where I can find that YouTube video of the DCC dancing to jump where everyone is confused about which dance they are supposed to do? Half the team starts doing one dance and the other starts doing another? They get in sync during the 3rd 8count? 

8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Has anyone seen/know where I can find that YouTube video of the DCC dancing to jump where everyone is confused about which dance they are supposed to do? Half the team starts doing one dance and the other starts doing another? They get in sync during the 3rd 8count? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thank you for posting this, I remember it now.

I feel bad that they screwed up but I was cracking up thinking of how they could probably hear in their heads Judy screaming, "COUNT! COUNT! You're doing it WRONG!!!".

34 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Ask and you shall receive. You are the best! I vote you for everything of the year. 

Oh Brittany Evans is my fave from this era!  I rewatch season six on my dvr all the time and her solo is always amazing! 

3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Ask and you shall receive. You are the best! I vote you for everything of the year. 

Me?! I won?! Oh, this is such an honor. 

First I'd like to thank.. :P

Claire, JennK, Amy, Jessica, and Allstars Katy and Nicole were on a Good Morning America in Dallas. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Me?! I won?! Oh, this is such an honor. 

First I'd like to thank.. :P

Claire, JennK, Amy, Jessica, and Allstars Katy and Nicole were on a Good Morning America in Dallas. 

I wonder if these are the new All stars

Claire probably could not be an All-Star because she was on the team for two years. An All-Star has to put in three years to be considered unless they are struggling to find girls to be one. They could be using girls who are retiring and current All-Stars due to tryouts starting tomorrow for appearances.

Well we know for sure that Jessica is one, but I think this was just a regular appearance. I think JennK would mention by now if she was one but there's still plenty of time. I imagine they discuss who's doing all star in a more informal process since they don't have that many appearances and just show up for game days. 

On 4/27/2017 at 5:08 PM, MrsEVH said:

Which Oliva and which Ashley?

Olivia Sharber Carter. Ashley with the brown hair, I'm having a senior moment and cant remember her last/middle name. Not Ashley N. 

3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Olivia Sharber Carter. Ashley with the brown hair, I'm having a senior moment and cant remember her last/middle name. Not Ashley N. 

Ashley Paige, the former TCC and KC Chiefs Cheerleader?

47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Ashley Paige, the former TCC and KC Chiefs Cheerleader?

No. This Ashley was a DCC. 

Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

I googled her... Ashley Marie

Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

Ashley Pro was a DCC for only one season. She  is friends with Emily (former TCC & DMD) and Kathryn D.

5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Ashley Pro was a DCC for only one season. She  is friends with Emily (former TCC & DMD) and Kathryn D.

I was referring to Ashley Marie. This is why I call her boring because none of use seemed to remember her name...lol

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Claire probably could not be an All-Star because she was on the team for two years. An All-Star has to put in three years to be considered unless they are struggling to find girls to be one. They could be using girls who are retiring and current All-Stars due to tryouts starting tomorrow for appearances.

Wasn't Olivia Sharber (2 yr vet) an All Star? Or am I thinking of another DCC was an AS and had only 2 years?

I think the Ashley that the first post is referring to is Ashley (brunette) who made it in season 7. 

Im actually surprised that we don't see more girls named Ashley. It along with "Jesica" were the two most common names for 10-11 years in their-80s to early/mid 90s (then "Emily" took over), when many of these girls would've been born. I don't think I was ever the only "jessica" in my class, and I have several friends named Ashley. Our parents were not adventurous lol. 

(edited)

The Ashley who was an All Star was Ashley (Marie) Ferrell. She was on the 2013 and 2014 squads and then an All Star for a year or two after. Olivia Sharber was an All Star after two years and I believe Carisa Rose was an All Star for a time too after being a DCC for two seasons. So yes, the official "rule" is three years, but they've obviously broken that rule multiple times so it could happen again.

Edited by Oranaiche

According to @ShellyB, Carissa Rose did some All-Star appearances, but she was not an All-Star for the whole season. Ashley Marie from Season 7 was on the team for three years before retiring (Season 7, 8, and 9.) I think there have been two All-Stars who were only on the team for two years.

18 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

The Ashley who was an All Star was Ashley (Marie) Ferrell. She was on the 2013 and 2014 squads and then an All Star for a year or two after. Olivia Sharber was an All Star after two years and I believe Carisa Rose was an All Star for a time too after being a DCC for two seasons. So yes, the official "rule" is three years, but they've obviously broken that rule multiple times so it could happen again.

Please excuse the double post, but I thought Ashley Nicole Holland was an all star last season 

• Love 1

Ashley H. was on the team for three years. I do believe she was an All Star last year. It is hard keeping up with all the girls who made the team or tried out for the team named Ashley.

1 hour ago, Josreason said:

Please excuse the double post, but I thought Ashley Nicole Holland was an all star last season 

She was. Ashley Pro and Ashley Paige were both brought up, so they were really who I was referring to when I brought up Ashley Ferrell.

• Love 1

Here's my unpopular opinion: Maybe the girls should have a mentor who was a cheerleader more than 2 seasons, *cough*MelissaRycroft*cough*.  Seems like they could find someone who had gone through the process more recently, as well.

Also..Melissa's micro-needling looks creepy.  

• Love 2

I often wonder if Melissa was their first choice for mentor. Sorry for repeating myself, but I still think she was brought in because CMT wanted her, and they thought she could help with the ratings and make the viewers/fan base happy. By what I have seen written on DCC social media pages, I think the fans and viewers are not happy with Melissa being on the show. Of course, it may be related to the bad acting and bad mentoring scenes we have been subject to. I also do not think Kelli and Judy were too thrilled with her joining the team especially since she came out and talked about the mean girls and how she went back and forth about trying out for her third year. She did take it back when she was asked by CMT to be a mentor. I am sure she did not want to upset the goose who was laying her golden egg.

One of the opinions on the Kelli and Judy page is that Kelli doesn't know how to teach which is why she gives vague criticism - you look awkward, you're bacon, dial it up - without explaining what she means.

I think that Melissa does a better job at explaining why the TCC is awkward or why a particular move isn't working.  When she is with a veteran, she is able "translate" what the vet is trying to say and even I understand and I have no dance background. 

I remember her as a rookie and Kitty was in her face about her performance.  So I can see where they brought someone in who struggled and understands their struggles.  If you bring someone in to mentor who breezed thru the whole process, the TCC's might be thinking that she doesn't understand what they are going thru.

• Love 2

There were girls who struggle to make the team in their first years, who in my opinion, could have made better mentors. Jackie Bob and Mia barely made the team their first year, and were called out by Miss Kitty, Kelli and Judy. They both came back their second year stronger and became two DCC standouts, five years under their belts and were All Stars. Mia was even a replacement DCC for girls who were injured and could not perform on a few game day. These girls could come in and work with the girls because they definitely understand the stress and pressure of the first year and can prove hard work is its own reward. Yes, Melissa may have struggled her first year, put in a second year, but her actions before her almost third year with her my boyfriend broke up with me so I will try out again, oh wait a minute, we are back together again so I will reconsider trying out again, oh darn, we broke up again, so I will retire etc. etc. probably did not please Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte. If I was trying out for the team, I would want a mentor who let her decision to retire or try out again be based on a off again, on again relationship with a guy. I would go to a former DCC or even a current DCC who struggled their first year, but came back better in their second year than I would Melissa. I do not blame a girl for pretending to like Melissa and listen to her to but decides to go to someone else for help and guidance. I also do not buy the bs Melissa choosing the girls or Kelli and Judy send certain girls to her. I think it is all CMT since they were the ones who wanted her to be a mentor in the first place.

6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

She was. Ashley Pro and Ashley Paige were both brought up, so they were really who I was referring to when I brought up Ashley Ferrell.

I was asked which Ashley I was calling boring in my post, which is how all the Ashley talk began. I finally remembered her name. Ash M.

Oops, I seem to be full of unpopular opinions today, but.............I loved Ashley Marie.  I think what happened was that she was called boring, pulled into the office, told to dial it up and she did.  However, with the extended season that year, the focus switched to veterans and we didn't get a chance to really follow along and see how much she improved.

Now, second season she won a Barbie for her solo cause she got "her sexy back" as Kelli put it.  She was featured inside and on the back of one of the calendars, and then she was on the cover of another. 

And yes, I like Cassie as well :)

And Sarah G

I can hear the eyeballs rolling now :)

• Love 2

i really liked Ashley Marie too...i thought she seemed very sweet and genuine.  i eye rolled her post scolding trolls on IG but eh, i can get over it.  I know it would be super annoying to have strangers picking you apart for every little thing lol  i just was annoyed by it because on the whole she was a favorite and didn't getnearly the criticism of some of the other girls. 

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There were girls who struggle to make the team in their first years, who in my opinion, could have made better mentors. Jackie Bob and Mia barely made the team their first year, and were called out by Miss Kitty, Kelli and Judy. They both came back their second year stronger and became two DCC standouts, five years under their belts and were All Stars. Mia was even a replacement DCC for girls who were injured and could not perform on a few game day. These girls could come in and work with the girls because they definitely understand the stress and pressure of the first year and can prove hard work is its own reward. Yes, Melissa may have struggled her first year, put in a second year, but her actions before her almost third year with her my boyfriend broke up with me so I will try out again, oh wait a minute, we are back together again so I will reconsider trying out again, oh darn, we broke up again, so I will retire etc. etc. probably did not please Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte. If I was trying out for the team, I would want a mentor who let her decision to retire or try out again be based on a off again, on again relationship with a guy. I would go to a former DCC or even a current DCC who struggled their first year, but came back better in their second year than I would Melissa. I do not blame a girl for pretending to like Melissa and listen to her to but decides to go to someone else for help and guidance. I also do not buy the bs Melissa choosing the girls or Kelli and Judy send certain girls to her. I think it is all CMT since they were the ones who wanted her to be a mentor in the first place.

This is why I don't like Melissa as a mentor. Or at least that they are acting like she came back because of her showmanship and that she would make a great mentor. There are so many dccs that are great dancers, love the organization and actually stay for some time,are amazing leaders and teachers and they would have been amazing mentors to the new girls. I'm ok with bringing Melissa in for the ratings or whatever, but they don't have to act like she came back for other reasons. And even if she was "successful" after she left, in dcc standards she was pretty much a failure (strong word but i don't know how else to put it). She struggled her first year, she couldn't even decided whether she wanted to retire or not, she wrote about the dccs in her book (which im sure was true but that's a big no no) and she went on to the Bachelor which I hardly call a success for any sane woman out there. They can keep her for the show but please get JennK or any other successful dcc to mentor the girls outside of the show. 

They may have mentors outside the show. This is a super fan board where we obsess over teeny details normal people who just watch CMT don't know or care about. To them, and advertisers, Melissa Rycroft, Kelli Pickler, Candance Romo, etc. are recognizable. They also have CMT contracts (not sure about candace). Melissa isn't the best dancer or board fave, but she serves her purpose for bringing in advertisers and ratings. That's what keeps the show going, not JennK or some DCC from 10 years ago that we miss.

• Love 2

The million dollar question is has Melissa brought in extra viewers. Was she the one and only pick for mentor or did they ask others, but she was the only one who said yes? I know the article from last week about the new summer CMT schedule said the show has around 3.3 million viewers, but to be honest about it, I do not think Melissa's fan base is enough to put a dent in the ratings.

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The million dollar question is has Melissa brought in extra viewers. Was she the one and only pick for mentor or did they ask others, but she was the only one who said yes? I know the article from last week about the new summer CMT schedule said the show has around 3.3 million viewers, but to be honest about it, I do not think Melissa's fan base is enough to put a dent in the ratings.

To drawn in new viewers, her fan base is still wider than any other DCC who hasn't had her kind of exposure. Jasmine would probably be the next most likely to have an outside fan base, but it would be really odd to ask her to mentor after she was cut. Sarah Shahi is a bigger name but didn't even finish her rookie season. Then maybe Kristen Hager, who was also cut. 

I don't think they asked others to have a visible mentor role. We frequently see retired DCCs teaching and helping with prep, but they usually don't even get a mention on the show.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Here is a possible unpopular opinion: I do not see the appeal of former TCC Whitney from last year. I know she tried out again, but she does say DCC to me.

I have to agree with you. I thought she would just stay with the AAIA. 

• Love 1

I have a soft spot for the ones who talk back to K & J when they get dumped from TC. But personality wise I don't think she's a good fit for DCC, she seemed to me to have a dry/droll sense of humour, so wouldn't seem "humble" enough for K & J's liking. 

On 4/15/2017 at 9:54 PM, sleepyjean said:

I get what you are saying. And emotionally, I'm on the same page with you. But I think you have to consider that the show has given us an oversimplified, neatly packaged story that is meant to invoke drama and an emotional reaction from the audience. That's not necessarily an accurate reflection of how the decisions are made and what happens behind closed doors.

There are a LOT of criteria that go into choosing a DCC. Personality, physique, work ethic, intelligence, professionalism, facial attractiveness, references, technical skill, strength and flexibility, stamina, consistency, showmanship, ability to quickly learn, retain, and clean choreography, ability to adopt the DCC style, appearance in the uniform, plus extra stuff that gives you cachet with the judges, like if you're from another country, or stunningly beautiful, or a mom, or a legacy, or in a STEM  program/career, or own your own business, or are a natural redhead, or have an exotic look. And there are politics as well. Diversity requirements, people with connections, social media presence, etc.

From the minute the rookie candidates are taken into training camp, Kelli and company are evaluating them on that complex mix of criteria. We see very little of what happens during the judging process and very few of the comments that are made about each candidate. And when someone is cut, it's boiled down to the "tv reason," which - in my opinion - doesn't reflect the whole of that evaluation.

It doesn't make sense to me to compare women in one training camp against women in another training camp. Every training camp has its own field of candidates with different strengths and weaknesses. If two women in two different training camps have uniform "issues" and one is cut and the other is not, there could've been a whole host of reasons why, and we were only given one. Maybe the one who was cut didn't rank very high in all those other aspects and was out-competed. For her the uniform was make-or-break.  Maybe she was in a strong field and there had to be some hair splitting in her case. Maybe the one who made the team was stronger in those other characteristics. (And when I say "strong," I mean strong in the eyes of the people doing the picking. Not the people watching the tv show. Lord knows we can't agree on this forum who is strong and who isn't. Who is pretty and who isn't. Who is on the bubble and who isn't.)

This choice IS personal preference. The judging is entirely subjective. No use pretending it isn't. I think they do keep fairness more in mind when choosing who makes it to the next round of auditions and even who makes it into training camp. Every year they choose some women who they know aren't the total package, but have potential. But when it comes to picking the actual team? The idea that Kelli and Judy would pick someone they personally are kind of "meh" about, just to be fair...nope. Not gonna happen. This is no different than any other job interview. If a boss has two candidates who are similarly qualified, they'll pick the one they like better, the one they think will be a better fit. The one they think they will enjoy working with. Even if the other candidate can do a quintuple pirouette and kick high enough to knock herself unconscious.

Kelli and Judy go with what their gut and their experience tells them. Are they always right? No. They don't have ESP. But are they better "choosers" than we are? I believe so.  I'll take Kelli and Judy's combined 70 years of experience over my 150 hours of tv watching. And in any case, I don't believe we're in much of a position to decide what's fair and what isn't. The DCC staff see these women up close, in many different settings, for many many hours over the course of months. We see each of these women for maybe 30 minutes over the course of a season. Some we don't see at all. We don't have nearly the observation and insight that they do. Heck, we can't even see one dance all the way through.

It's very easy for viewers to armchair quarterback who should and shouldn't have made the team. I try to always remember that everything I know, I know from the tv show - which is highly edited and meant to give select candidates a "story" - and from social media, which is not even sort of an accurate reflection of real life. Especially not for an organization well known for keeping their cards close to the vest.

Now it's my turn to stop rambling. :-)

Nailed it

On 5/5/2017 at 5:44 AM, ATLGirl said:

Thank you for posting this, I remember it now.

I feel bad that they screwed up but I was cracking up thinking of how they could probably hear in their heads Judy screaming, "COUNT! COUNT! You're doing it WRONG!!!".

I bet Judy wants this to permanently disappear.  Her daughter appears the worst.

Isn't that Cassie who totally messes up several early counts?  She stands & looks around; completely frozen & confused! Cassie's weak dancing is especially noticeable when next to power house dancer's... Whitney, Tobie, Crystal, & Brittany.

• Love 1

I'm so tired of seeing the gals who didn't make Finals on IG saying how the lord wanted them here or there or blah blah.  Just accept that you didn't make it!   Why does everything have to happen for a reason etc.  Go get some dance lessons and come back next year. 

• Love 12

I think it's the lighting, it's super gummy. 

Im also waiting for someone to say that thing that we've all noticed at auditions but everyone's been too nice to say.....

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I think it's the lighting, it's super gummy. 

Im also waiting for someone to say that thing that we've all noticed at auditions but everyone's been too nice to say.....

I know what you're referring to and I don't want to say it on here since it's mean =/