Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, rose711 said:

i wish the show focused more on the naturally talented girls like Mary and Holly and Megan? (the girl that made Kitty cry because she was so good, was that Mary?) I feel we spend too much time with the lower end of the talent and not enough time getting to know the outstanding dancers. A little more balance would be nice.

Was that maybe Erica?  In a any case, I agree that a little balance would be nice.  I assume they don't focus as much on the ones who are really good because there's no drama in someone making it who looks like she's going to make it.  But then that works against them IMO because there are certain girls I hear are really good but I wouldn't know based on the show; for example I hear Kashara is really good, but I know nothing about her except that her shorts are shorter than her attention span.

Guys watch it with the back and forth about specific girls and your disagreements about other people's opinions. (Cassie talk for example) Don't feel compelled to comment on everything, keep scrolling if something bugs you. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I just noticed, Robin looks like she's having a hell of a good time!

She's so cute and such a good dancer. I hope she makes second group leader next year.

Who is that next to her that she turns to at the end?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, raindancer said:

I like Tasha's lipstick color - I think she looks adorable and it's a bit more modern than some of the other makeup looks popular for DCCs and TCCs (hello, early 00's brow bone highlight and super narrow brows!).  She'd look gorgeous and more girl-next-door with just a bit of gloss, but I think she looks beautiful as-is, Barbie pink or not.

SO glad someone else likes Tasha's look!  She certainly gets plenty of bashing on here.  I think she is without a doubt one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen!

20 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yes! It seemed so 80s to me. And not GOOD 80s. And it's a rarity you'll hear me say ANYTHING 80s isn't "good 80s". I read, waaaay back when I was a lurker on TWoP, that according to an insider, Megan had some health issues that caused her to gain a bit of weight, and that according to this person, she was the one person who would truly be considered a "sweetheart" (as in, 'America's Sweethearts'). She was so young!

The 80's  were the best time ever!!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Was that maybe Erica?  In a any case, I agree that a little balance would be nice.  I assume they don't focus as much on the ones who are really good because there's no drama in someone making it who looks like she's going to make it.  But then that works against them IMO because there are certain girls I hear are really good but I wouldn't know based on the show; for example I hear Kashara is really good, but I know nothing about her except that her shorts are shorter than her attention span.

I remember Kitty crying over the girl who was deaf (I can't remember her name) and she cried over Madeline's solo this year.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I remember Kitty crying over the girl who was deaf (I can't remember her name) and she cried over Madeline's solo this year.

Christina Murphy from the 2007-08 squad.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

My potentially unpopular opinion is regarding season 5 of the show, where Cassie and Brittany Evans were named second group leaders. I always thought that this choice, particularly Cassie, disturbed the members of the team, particularly the 4th year members: Meredith, Megan sharp, Jordan Baum, and in my mind that's how Brittany Evans ended up being pro bowl cheerleader that year with a big number of upper veterans: Trisha Trevino, Brooke, Toby, ally, Meredith, Megan, Tia, and Jordan. I always suspected this was a reason that the 4 years vets except ally opted out of a fifth year, seeing as that would be the beginning of the Cassie show. 

I liked biker Taylor who had the bad kicks, I thought if they gave Kali a chance then Taylor should have received a chance. 

I always thought Jacie was an all around great cheerleader that wasn't featured enough. I remember that Instagram post that said someone had doubted her leadership skills and wondered if that was part of the reason she didn't go for her fifth year. In my mind I have decided which TCC I think said that. I'm probably wrong. 

3 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I don't think Kitty liked Ericka enough to cry over her because she hated her flat , straight hair so much. 

Ohhhh right, I forgot about that!

2 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I don't think Kitty liked Ericka enough to cry over her because she hated her flat , straight hair so much. 

Wasn't Kitty also insulted or offended that Erica don't have makeup on at practice?

• Love 1

It's crazy because when I saw this on IG, I was looking for Holly b/c I knew she would be..extra.

They all look like they're enjoying themselves. Definitely a different feeling when you're AT HOME in the post season.

I hope the Cowboys lose though.

• Love 1

I'm a Packers girl at heart, but I kinda want the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl just so we can see what the DCC get to do there (and how many of them get to do it)!  That's a really cute video, and yes, Robin gets my award for being and looking like she's having (to quote Shag: The Movie) "the most fun."  I agree, she'd make a great second leader and eventual group leader.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Discussed in the Current DCC thread a ways back. Some kind of "blow up" and was written up by her group leader. 

Didn't that happen during TC or at the beginning of the season?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't that happen during TC or at the beginning of the season?

Can't remember who it was and when she said it happened, but claimed she was left out of the Halloween and BCA halftimes. 

If it happened during TC I wonder why they would take her on the team in the first place? 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Can't remember who it was and when she said it happened, but claimed she was left out of the Halloween and BCA halftimes. 

If it happened during TC I wonder why they would take her on the team in the first place? 

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical that she's being 'punished' from something that happened during TC. 

4 hours ago, M1977G said:

I'm a Packers girl at heart, but I kinda want the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl just so we can see what the DCC get to do there (and how many of them get to do it)!  That's a really cute video, and yes, Robin gets my award for being and looking like she's having (to quote Shag: The Movie) "the most fun."  I agree, she'd make a great second leader and eventual group leader.  

Seeing which 32 would get to go to the Super Bowl is the only reason I have to root for the Cowboys, and that just isn't good enough for me lol. I'm a Bills fan so I've always like the Pack for being an extremely successful small market team.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Discussed in the Current DCC thread a ways back. Some kind of "blow up" and was written up by her group leader. 

Discussion starts on page 74 of Current DCCs thread.

27 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Remember a judge said, “I don’t like her hair.”  Hair can be fixed easily enough. So silly.

It's like when the judges were commenting on Milan's hair looking "ashy" and the guy from Tangerine salon had to reassure them that it could be fixed.  You're talking to a group of women who look good cause their hair gets "fixed" regularly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

I think I am in the minority but I can't stand Michelle Keys.  I really liked the choreographer that was with LSU's dance team though.

I can't stand all the yelling in her class videos.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

I think I am in the minority but I can't stand Michelle Keys.  I really liked the choreographer that was with LSU's dance team though.

I can't either, I think most of her "choreography" looks trashy.  As long as I'm being unpopular, I really don't see the big deal in that "Hand Clap" dance (and I REALLY can't stand that song!).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Seeing which 32 would get to go to the Super Bowl is the only reason I have to root for the Cowboys, and that just isn't good enough for me lol. I'm a Bills fan so I've always like the Pack for being an extremely successful small market team.

Looks like that's not an issue anymore. 

My niece is a Bills fan & she agrees with you!

Edited by ByTor

I guess I will join you in the unpopular opinion column when it comes to the Hand Clap and Hip Hop dances, because I do not think they are great routines either. They say, in my opinion, junior high/high school/college routines instead of a nfl cheerleaders routine. Of course, this comes from a person who has two left feet and could not dance her way out of a paper bag to save her life.

In light of the season being officially over I suppose we can talk about auditions. Whether it will be this year or next, expect to see Dayton and Victoria in DCC uniforms. Not just because they're legacies but because they're groomed to fill their mothers boots. While yes Cassie was prepared and ended up being a memorable DCC I think Dayton and Victoria have a better idea of what it takes technique and performance wise. 

• Love 4

I haven't seen Dayton yet but have heard she's amazing....I thought Victoria looked wonderful too but I'm a bit offput that she already has DCC in her Twitter handle.  I can't imagine she wouldn't make it but it seems a bit arrogant.  Then again I'm probably overthinking it lol

2 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I haven't seen Dayton yet but have heard she's amazing....I thought Victoria looked wonderful too but I'm a bit offput that she already has DCC in her Twitter handle.  I can't imagine she wouldn't make it but it seems a bit arrogant.  Then again I'm probably overthinking it lol

I agree with you, as much as they preach complacency with veterans re-auditioning it's odd that daughters can get away with using the DCC tag in their handles. If other girls auditioning did that I don't see it going over well. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, raindancer said:

@dalgal214 have you seen any other new hopefuls worth watching out for?  I'm hoping Emily and Kyndall try out again and nail it, and I was also really rooting for Sheridan and Royesha

Sheridan is reauditioning to my knowledge. Ally Cheatham, and most likely her AAIA friends Christi and Jenny. Supposedly Cami Branson, but I heard she has a lot to work on. 95% sure of Celinda and Miranda from TLD. 

It's still January so there maybe some last minute scaredy cats and last minute "oh I'm just going to try!" Girls.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Sheridan is reauditioning to my knowledge. Ally Cheatham, and most likely her AAIA friends Christi and Jenny. Supposedly Cami Branson, but I heard she has a lot to work on. 95% sure of Celinda and Miranda from TLD. 

It's still January so there maybe some last minute scaredy cats and last minute "oh I'm just going to try!" Girls.

Do you know if Hunter or DSIGs Emma and Kylee or planning to audition again? Any Mavs dancers?

Halftime looked great. I love how they rearranged the formation to put some of the stronger hip hop dancers in the front. Madeline and Cersten looked great on the front line, and holly looked great as point when she was dancing in that position. 

• Love 4

Unless I'm missing something, I suspect Bess was out.  She has a picture on Instagram in one of those ugly gowns you get in the hospital and an inflatable cast on her knee.  Did she perform and I just miss her or did she actually sit out?