Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Danielle came back out of shape and was not working on losing the weight she had gain without an injury, she would have been cut at finals or during TC. Being a favorite can save a girl from being cut. Favorites can get away with things other girls have been cut for. Just like Jay was saying when they were talking about Cassie in Season 7. Would they have shown the same consideration for a girl who tried out for the team or did not put in the years Cassie had if the girl had an injury at finals. The judges were like hmmm... probably not. Kelli and Charlotte brought back Danielle because she was a favorite of the both of them, and yes because viewers and fans were have called them out for her being cut partly due to her injury, but they let Cassie come back with a more serious injury after surgery and rehab the year before. Danielle was almost cut during TC for weight gain and possible partying on the weekends with Chelsea. She was brought back to the office for a second time, and I would not be surprise if Kelli said we brought you back, but you are still on the cut bubble. Get it together or else. And to come back in Season 9 with weight issues again, but she was not cut or shown in the office with Kelli and Judy. Sorry, but Kelli liking her saved her not once, but twice in Season 8, and once again in Season 9.

If viewers and fans were calling out Judy for defending Cassie in TC in Season 3 because she had mono, but Judy and Kelli got on Melissa's case for the same thing in Season 2, they would have been calling Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte over the fact that a one year vet was cut at finals for an injury while they let Cassie come back for a more serious injury plus surgery and rehab the year before. Other vets have been cut in the past for weight, poor solos, poor performances on the field at finals, and they were not brought back because *gasp* Kelli and Charlotte felt bad for them.

“Running out of gas” is not even remotely the same as “bleeding so profusely I had to go to the hospital and have an actual doctor stitch up the injury”.  Let’s not try to equate the two  

Why should they bring a girl into TC who is injured who hasn’t put the time in? I refuse to rehash Cassie because I’ve already stated that this board is obsessed with Cassie. But when a Girl isn’t going into her fifth year and everyone knows what’s she says capable of, there’s no reason not to bring her back.  I don’t care ignore it was Cassie or Jane Doe. If you’re a four year vet and member of Show Group, you deserve to come back even if your bone was protruding out through your skin. 

Danielle was in fact told that she was brought back only because Kelli and Charlotte changed their minds at the last minute.  That’s one of the reasons she buckled down and handled her shit and got it together. As for weight issues, please. Every girl trying out for the DCC faces the same issues especially if you’re a multi year vet. But given the tools, they all lose the weight as needed.

Unless you’re Hannah. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

When Cassie ran out of gas, did she have mono? She asked for an inhaler right after that but did she really have mono?

I thought she blamed her asthma and didn't have her inhaler with her.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought she blamed her asthma and didn't have her inhaler with her.

Right, that's exactly what I thought. I don't remember the mono. Melissa had mono yes, but Cassie was asking for an inhaler when she ran out of gas.

27 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

When Cassie ran out of gas, did she have mono? She asked for an inhaler right after that but did she really have mono?

Judy said Cassie went to Urgent Care or the ER and was diagnosed with mono the night she ran out of gas or the next day. She said Cassie was sick and this was the reason why she was struggling in TC.

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy said Cassie went to Urgent Care or the ER and was diagnosed with mono the night she ran out of gas or the next day. She said Cassie was sick and this was the reason why she was struggling in TC.

It seems like Judy made an excuse for Cassie but wasn't as understanding with Melissa.

31 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It seems like Judy made an excuse for Cassie but wasn't as understanding with Melissa.

Exactly! It was brought up on the old CMT shows forum page. Some of the posters were calling her and Kelli out for it, and she and Kelli ended up apologizing to Melissa.

I don't care who you are, I do not understand the logic behind making someone with mono attend practice to potentially infect the whole squad.  I guess they made the rule about attending practice while ill because they don't want a girl with the sniffles to skip practice, but something like mono should absolutely be excused with a medical professional's note...which shouldn't be a problem because you need a medical professional to diagnose the mono in the 1st place.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't care who you are, I do not understand the logic behind making someone with mono attend practice to potentially infect the whole squad.  I guess made the rule about attending practice while ill because they don't want a girl with the sniffles to skip practice, but something like mono should absolutely be excused with a medical professional's note...which shouldn't be a problem because you need a medical professional to diagnose the mono in the 1st place.

I agree! Unless there is a serious illness or death in the family, they expect the girls to show up. I have noticed Kelli missed a few practices while being sick.

I do remember in Season One where Natalie Wood was acting like she was on death's door during tryouts because *gasp* she had an upper respiratory infection aka a cold. *lol*

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I do remember in Season One where Natalie Wood was acting like she was on death's door during tryouts because *gasp* she had an upper respiratory infection aka a cold. *lol*

LOL yeah that was pretty dramatic!

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

If I recall correctly, they weren’t aware that Melissa had mono when she was called out. When they found out she was ill, they apologized. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

What season was this? 

Season 2, her veteran season. Cassie running out of gas was season 3. I don't remember them saying Cassie had mono on that episode. Did they say it actually on the episode or on social media or a forum?

12 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

If I recall correctly, they weren’t aware that Melissa had mono when she was called out. When they found out she was ill, they apologized. 

I don't think they apologized on camera. If so, I sure don't remember that one. 

12 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Season 2, her veteran season. Cassie running out of gas was season 3. I don't remember them saying Cassie had mono on that episode. Did they say it actually on the episode or on social media or a forum?

Asthma. 

• Love 1

Judy was defending Cassie by saying she had mono the one night where she was called out for running out of gas, but they did not know it at the time since she did not go to Urgent Care or the ER on the same night or the next day. Posters were calling her and Kelli out on the old CMT shows forum about it. Judy did not bring up mono on the one episode. People were saying Cassie was not called into the office for being sick, but Melissa was called into the office for being sick and for not bringing her veteran A+ game into practice.

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't care who you are, I do not understand the logic behind making someone with mono attend practice to potentially infect the whole squad.  I guess they made the rule about attending practice while ill because they don't want a girl with the sniffles to skip practice, but something like mono should absolutely be excused with a medical professional's note...which shouldn't be a problem because you need a medical professional to diagnose the mono in the 1st place.

Absolutely. When I got mono as a kid, i was pulled out of ballet and all other sports immediately. Infecting others is a huge concern but there are also serious complications that can arise from it. 

I actually don’t even remember the Cassie or Melissa situation however. 

Not to open up a can of worms, but I really don’t think the Danielle decision had anything to do with Cassie making it back while injured. Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte have different standards for different girls all of the time. While im sure they would prefer to look “fair,” I don’t think they care that much.

Edited by Jess14
Missing a word
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Infecting is a huge concern but there are also serious complications that can arise from it. 

Definitely.  Mono is serious, it is not something that should be blown off.

28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Not to open up a can of worms, but I really don’t think the Danielle decision had anything to do with Cassie making it back while injured.

Saying this as someone who more likes Cassie than not.  Do I think she got perks for being Judy's daughter?  Absolutely.  Do I think Cassie's situation was relevant in the decision to take Danielle back?  Nope, I think they thought Danielle had more to offer.  I'm not exactly a Danielle fan, but considering what they got from her, they weren't wrong to keep her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Not to open up a can of worms, but I really don’t think the Danielle decision had anything to do with Cassie making it back while injured. Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte have different standards for different girls all of the time. While im sure they would prefer to look “fair,” I don’t think they care that much.

Thank you. Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks about their decisions for training camp or the team. Honestly to hell with anyone else’s opinion. We can go around and around in circles about who we like and don’t like, but they run the organization and they pick the girls they want. When they took Danielle back, the look on Kelli’s face spoke for itself. She genuinely didn’t feel right about letting Danielle go, and Cassie had jack shit to do with it.

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

Thank you. Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks about their decisions for training camp or the team. Honestly to hell with anyone else’s opinion. We can go around and around in circles about who we like and don’t like, but they run the organization and they pick the girls they want. When they took Danielle back, the look on Kelli’s face spoke for itself. She genuinely didn’t feel right about letting Danielle go, and Cassie had jack shit to do with it.

Yeah, I think they care to an extent, I just don’t think they care enough to change their decisions. It is kind of a distinction without a difference, so what I mainly mean is that they’re going to do what they want and they don’t give a damn whether anyone likes it, but i do think they care enough to try and spin stuff or flat out pretend like it didn’t happen when they think it could make them look bad on the show (Erica’s cut for example). If they didn’t want Danielle and thought they might look bad cutting her, I think they would have just cut her and not showed it. 

Edited by Jess14
Clarity
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I think they care to an extent, I just don’t think they care enough to change their decisions. It is kind of a distinction without a difference, so what I mainly mean is that they’re going to do what they want and they don’t give a damn whether anyone likes it, but i do think they care enough to try and spin stuff or flat out pretend like it didn’t happen when they think it could make them look bad on the show (Erica’s cut for example). 

Yeah, you’re probably right. I just got a little fired up. I get pretty tired of reading the same stuff over and over again that gets posted like it’s gospel. None of us can really know what Kelli/Judy/Charlotte’s prerogative is/was, but I just really doubt that the Cassie stuff was as on their radar as it is in some peoples’ here.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

Yeah, you’re probably right. I just got a little fired up. I get pretty tired of reading the same stuff over and over again that gets posted like it’s gospel. None of us can really know what Kelli/Judy/Charlotte’s prerogative is/was, but I just really doubt that the Cassie stuff was as on their radar as it is in some peoples’ here.

Agreed on the Danielle situation. It wasn’t even the same thing anyway IMO. One was a 2 year vet and the other was a 5 year vet who was injured on the job. And at the end of the day, the votes are the votes. They could’ve easily just chalked it up to that. It’s not like Kelli, Judy, or Charlotte were the anti-Danielle ones in the room. It was several other judges speaking against her. 

Im far more inclined to believe the Cassie rumors (though it’s more of a Judy rumor than a Cassie one), in regards to Olivia not making it back. They didn’t show her cut, and they love to show it when vets get cut at finals. There’s definitely something behind that cut that they didn’t want aired.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I think they care to an extent, I just don’t think they care enough to change their decisions. It is kind of a distinction without a difference, so what I mainly mean is that they’re going to do what they want and they don’t give a damn whether anyone likes it, but i do think they care enough to try and spin stuff or flat out pretend like it didn’t happen when they think it could make them look bad on the show (Erica’s cut for example). If they didn’t want Danielle and thought they might look bad cutting her, I think they would have just cut her and not showed it. 

Just like the rumors of Cassie had a hand in Olivia S. being cut at finals in Season 6 because she got into with Cassie during the calendar shoot, and Judy said Olivia was being toxic. No scene or explanation being shown. No mention of the real reason why Courtney Cook left before TC started in Season 8 because of the rumors of her taking drugs in order to keep the weight off especially after the way Kaitlyn LeGrand was shown in Season 6. The image of a Kelli and Charlotte favorite was leaving due to dangerous side effects of a weight loss drug would not make the organization look good. TC Candidate Amy Caroline cut scene being heavily edited to make it look good for Kelli and Judy in relations for their reasons for cutting her after she was at Urgent Care the night before the cameo shoot because she was sick trying to keep the weight off. Kelsey being called into the office because a few vets were saying she had an eating disorder aka too thin. The judges thought Danielle did not look good and did not bring her A+ vet game to finals. Kelli did say her injury played a game in it, but it was not the whole story. Maybe the judges heard rumors about Danielle and Chelsea running around partying and not taking being a vet seriously before tryouts and during TC. I bet dollars to donuts if Chelsea was a Kelli and Charlotte favorite she would not have gotten cut.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Just like the rumors of Cassie had a hand in Olivia S. being cut at finals in Season 6 because she got into with Cassie during the calendar shoot, and Judy said Olivia was being toxic. No scene or explanation being shown. No mention of the real reason why Courtney Cook left before TC started in Season 8 because of the rumors of her taking drugs in order to keep the weight off especially after the way Kaitlyn LeGrand was shown in Season 6. The image of a Kelli and Charlotte favorite was leaving due to dangerous side effects of a weight loss drug would not make the organization look good. TC Candidate Amy Caroline cut scene being heavily edited to make it look good for Kelli and Judy in relations for their reasons for cutting her after she was at Urgent Care the night before the cameo shoot because she was sick trying to keep the weight off. Kelsey being called into the office because a few vets were saying she had an eating disorder aka too thin. The judges thought Danielle did not look good and did not bring her A+ vet game to finals. Kelli did say her injury played a game in it, but it was not the whole story. Maybe the judges heard rumors about Danielle and Chelsea running around partying and not taking being a vet seriously before tryouts and during TC. I bet dollars to donuts if Chelsea was a Kelli and Charlotte favorite she would not have gotten cut.

I’m not really following the post, which I’m tired so my brain may not be functioning at the highest level. All of those issues mentioned at the beginning  were kept off screen for the most part, which is dinstintly different than the handling of Danielle's almost cut.  Is the argument that there was a lot more to Danielle’s almost cut and they didn’t show it because it would make Kelli, Judy, etc look bad for overruling the judges and keeping her? If so, that seems to be contradictory to the original argument that they only took Danielle because they had taken an injured Cassie the year before and didn’t want to look bad.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo in other news, Kalyssa joined her (ex?) teammates for the first time ever in Danielle's prep class. Seems a bit weird, are we 100% sure she isn't coming back?

I seriously doubt it.  Her Insta now lists her as being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader alum.  That to me, that means no longer active with the team.

I seriously doubt if Kalyssa figured out modeling was not going to work out for her she would want to try out after leaving the squad before her first season was over. The chances of her making the team again would be slim to nothing. She is not on the team anymore, and I seriously doubt Judy and Kelli would take her back.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo in other news, Kalyssa joined her (ex?) teammates for the first time ever in Danielle's prep class. Seems a bit weird, are we 100% sure she isn't coming back?

that video on Danielle's IG is old :)  i think she's on good terms with teammates just not bff with any of them. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Other vets would have been shown the door for doing the same thing.

I just don’t think there is a basis to make this argument about any vet or any issue. K&J are not consistent in how they handle issues, whether it’s disciplinary problems, kicking, bombing an interview, or weight issues. We have seen different girls get treated differently over and over.   If Danielle did get special privileges, it’s not out of the ordinary based on how they do business. If it was a real, typical workplace, arbitrary and inconsistent punishments would be a problem but luckily for them, it’s not. 

Regardless though, we can certainly agree to disagree.

• Love 4

Kelli and Charlotte run the show with Judy getting very little say so in matters unless you count the rumor of Cassie and Olivia swimsuit calendar shoot incident where Judy said Olivia was toxic because she went up against Cassie. I admit I do not care for the play up of the Judy/Cassie saga especially in Cassie's first and last year, but I do agree with Judy's assessment when it comes to certain girls who make it to TC or makes the team because Kelli and Charlotte are drooling in their pantyhose over girls like Courtney Cook, Paula T., or Rachel Buckmaster who could not dance with a darn.

Edited by bigskygirl
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli and Charlotte run the show with Judy getting very little say so in matters unless you count the rumor of Cassie and Olivia swimsuit calendar shoot incident where Judy said Olivia was toxic because she went up against Cassie. I admit I do not care for the play up of the Judy/Cassie saga especially in Cassie's first and last year, but I do agree with Judy's assessment when it comes to certain girls who make it to TC or makes the team because Kelli and Charlotte are drooling in their pantyhose over girls like Courtney Cook, Paula T., or Rachel Buckmaster who could not dance with a darn.

I’ll die happy if I never see this phrase used again. Just...ew.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

I’ll die happy if I never see this phrase used again. Just...ew.

Ditto  

It’d make me happier if we could actually talk about current DCC in the current thread..

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Ditto  

It’d make me happier if we could actually talk about current DCC in the current thread..

I definitely agree, but with the rate vets and rookies are dropping out, i doubt we will have that many current dccs to talk about by the time the calendar shooting comes around!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I definitely agree, but with the rate vets and rookies are dropping out, i doubt we will have that many current dccs to talk about by the time the calendar shooting comes around!

Lol. The one thing that may help the team next year is that I think the net loss in talent should be less than it was for this year’s team. Part of that is because there were only a handful of standouts on this year’s team as it is, and out of that small group, only Jenna is definitely leaving. Now, if Lacey, Robin, Kelly join Jenna, then my opinion will change in heartbeat lol. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I was directing that to the talk of DCCs from half a decade ago ;) 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I just don’t think there is a basis to make this argument about any vet or any issue. K&J are not consistent in how they handle issues, whether it’s disciplinary problems, kicking, bombing an interview, or weight issues. We have seen different girls get treated differently over and over.   If Danielle did get special privileges, it’s not out of the ordinary based on how they do business. If it was a real, typical workplace, arbitrary and inconsistent punishments would be a problem but luckily for them, it’s not. 

Regardless though, we can certainly agree to disagree.

This. So much this. Co-sign. Agree 100%. All of this. 

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I don’t quite follow this this post but with regard to Charlotte, I don’t think she is nearly as incilved in the day to day aspect of managing the squad. That’s why she has Kelli. Charlotte is involved when it affects the brand. She is involved when the reputation of the cheerleaders as a whole entity is threatened. She doesn’t care about the background political games or who is whose favorite. She may tell Kelli and Judy a girl isn’t making the team at auditions or a girl needs to be cut for drinking at a game but she’s not going to waste her time over someone mean mean girling another in the locker room.  She’s not going to care if a cheerleader is calling herself a “fatty” and making fun of being on weight watch. Charlotte has an 8 billion dollar brand she needs to continue to develop and cultivate. 

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Has anyone been following Calia's Instagram, shes been killing it at Kitty Carters Dance Factory...is there any possibility she tries out again for DCC? This is the MTT storyline I'm dying to see....a former DCC that got cut returning to make the squad. Hope shes does.  

I'd Like to see Calia make it back, she is so pretty. It was so hard to see her cut ... when she started crying and it made me sad :-(

Edited by mcmrdh
I mispelled a word
  • Love 2