Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Is Kalyssa leaving ? 

Not sure what is going on with Kalyssa but something seems to be in the works.  On Dec. 28th, she posted "New Year, New Moves".  Could just be New Year's resolutions but I suspect something else.

Anyone know why she changed from using her name of Kalyssa Singleton on her instagram to Kalyssa Alynn?  She had photos done as well during her time in L.A. for the Golden Globes.

kalyssa-new-year.jpg

kalyssa.jpg

She wouldn't be the first girl to use the DCC as a springboard for something else.

Didn't Sarah Shahi not even finish her entire rookie season as a DCC? I've seen a few youtube clips of her on talk shows and she doesn't seem like she liked being one.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Not sure what is going on with Kalyssa but something seems to be in the works.  On Dec. 28th, she posted "New Year, New Moves".  Could just be New Year's resolutions but I suspect something else.

Anyone know why she changed from using her name of Kalyssa Singleton on her instagram to Kalyssa Alynn?  She had photos done as well during her time in L.A. for the Golden Globes.

kalyssa-new-year.jpg

kalyssa.jpg

If she sees this,Kelli will have a heart attack.

Edited by dreamcatcher
On 1/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, LaurenBrook said:

A lot of the girls turned out for power class last night! i've enjoyed seeing Simone dance more! also, can i please be Mary...

Wow, Stephanie is fantastic! Why haven’t they featured this girl more? She stole all of my attention!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ohhh! Maybe Kelli's thinking "Glad she's not my problem anymore!" :)

Was Kalyssa a problem child this season?

18 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

If she sees this,Kelli will have a heart attack.

I don't think Kelli will be upset by a photographer referring to Kalyssa as a DCC. The girls aren't allowed to promo themselves as DCCs for gigs, but of course other people on social media will refer to them as such. I doubt Kelli spends any energy on it.

Ahhh...is that what OP meant?  I never understand outfits like that. Then again, I've never been one to feel like I need to advertise my sexuality at all times. That's partly why I'm so fascinated by all of this.

• Love 1

Although Kalyssa is probably too short for runway, she has a super photogenic face.  To have such a round face, she has very high profound cheekbones which is very striking.  Why does everyone think she is leaving though, as long as she is at the DCC events, cant the girls travel in between.  I like that she doesn't post so much, I think it makes her more mysterious, in a good way.   I don't look at insta but on twitter I know the girls must be encouraged maybe required to post on a particular thing which is why I see the same subject/topic/event commented on but in slightly different wording 30 something times one after the other. 

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Although Kalyssa is probably too short for runway, she has a super photogenic face.  To have such a round face, she has very high profound cheekbones which is very striking.  Why does everyone think she is leaving though, as long as she is at the DCC events, cant the girls travel in between.  I like that she doesn't post so much, I think it makes her more mysterious, in a good way.   I don't look at insta but on twitter I know the girls must be encouraged maybe required to post on a particular thing which is why I see the same subject/topic/event commented on but in slightly different wording 30 something times one after the other. 

Usually their Twitter posts are lame PC stuff. 

Although Kalyssa is probably too short for runway, she has a super photogenic face.  To have such a round face, she has very high profound cheekbones which is very striking.  Why does everyone think she is leaving though, as long as she is at the DCC events, cant the girls travel in between.  

During football season, they have practice in the evenings, so no traveling then. During the off-season they have more free time & can travel, but she's not a hot enough commodity that people are going to settle for her only being available for travel and such Jan-May (and even that would have restrictions because of swimsuit calendar, appearances, & such). But it's her comment posts & hashtags that are causing the "Is she leaving?" speculation, not just that she's pursuing modeling.

10 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

During football season, they have practice in the evenings, so no traveling then. During the off-season they have more free time & can travel, but she's not a hot enough commodity that people are going to settle for her only being available for travel and such Jan-May (and even that would have restrictions because of swimsuit calendar, appearances, & such). But it's her comment posts & hashtags that are causing the "Is she leaving?" speculation, not just that she's pursuing modeling.

That makes more sense then.  She has the total package and could be a strong part of the team if she stays. What is up with these girls?  Right about now I miss me some Nicole Hamilton, Brooke, Tia, Mia and all the 5 year gals. I don't think someone has to stay on for 4 and 5 years to be a great DCC but the team dynamic and synergy is what makes DCC something that I have respected and enjoyed being a fan of.  The best squads are held in place best by 3, 4, and 5 plus girls and a good team requires commitment, respect of others, responsibility and accountability to each other and the organization. I get it that people have personal dreams and goals but if that creates conflict with what you signed onto then don't sign on. I would rather be on team of semi great dancers who were committed and team minded who gave a few years are able to improve and become great performers, than a team with excellent, experienced dancers who's ego, dishonesty and lack of respect for the organization they are a part of destroys what that group has spent decades upholding.   

• Love 6

That makes more sense then.  She has the total package and could be a strong part of the team if she stays. What is up with these girls?  Right about now I miss me some Nicole Hamilton, Brooke, Tia, Mia and all the 5 year gals. I don't think someone has to stay on for 4 and 5 years to be a great DCC but the team dynamic and synergy is what makes DCC something that I have respected and enjoyed being a fan of.  The best squads are held in place best by 3, 4, and 5 plus girls and a good team requires commitment, respect of others, responsibility and accountability to each other and the organization. I get it that people have personal dreams and goals but if that creates conflict with what you signed onto then don't sign on. I would rather be on team of semi great dancers who were committed and team minded who gave a few years are able to improve and become great performers, than a team with excellent, experienced dancers who's ego, dishonesty and lack of respect for the organization they are a part of destroys what that group has spent decades upholding.   

Totally agree - yes there is a life outside of DCC, but I don't agree with what Milan did.   She took someone else's spot on the team.   If the stories about Alexandria just wanting to see if she could make the team are true, then I have no respect for her at all.  Kalyssa - I will wait and see what she plans.

And if I had spent time and money to try out and I didn't make training camp or the final squad, and then girls start up and quitting.........I'd be furious.

• Love 1

Kalysss hasn't quit and Tasha models around a DCC schedule, so can't hate Kalyssa for that yet.

Now about Milan and Alexandra taking somebody else's spot, yeah I get what you're saying but do we really want anybody who was worse than some of the girls who barely made it? Well unless we could get Raylee and little Heather back. 

• Love 2

Me in the minority camp again. I am waiting before I say how dare Alexandria try out for the team just to see if she would become a DCC and then hit the road once the season starts. Call me naïve, but I am having a hard time believing it. Should Milan have stayed on the team until the last regular home game before calling it quits. Maybe or maybe not. I do applaud her for thinking education before being a DCC. Raylee seems to be happy with the Mavericks squad, so good for her. Little Heather and Allie who were cut are better off not auditioning again. Kalyssa may hit the road if she has a chance at more modeling or something else outside the DCC world. I am admit I am not a fan of Tasha at all, but if Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are happy when it comes to her then more power to her and the DCC Organization.

I think a few girls have seen the so called success of Melissa the Mentor and want to see if the same so called success will end up being the same deal for them. I personally do not see the appeal of going on The Bachelor or DWTS, but to each their own.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Me in the minority camp again. I am waiting before I say how dare Alexandria try out for the team just to see if she would become a DCC and then hit the road once the season starts. Call me naïve, but I am having a hard time believing it. Should Milan have stayed on the team until the last regular home game before calling it quits. Maybe or maybe not. I do applaud her for thinking education before being a DCC. Raylee seems to be happy with the Mavericks squad, so good for her. Little Heather and Allie who were cut are better off not auditioning again. Kalyssa may hit the road if she has a chance at more modeling or something else outside the DCC world. I am admit I am not a fan of Tasha at all, but if Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are happy when it comes to her then more power to her and the DCC Organization.

I think a few girls have seen the so called success of Melissa the Mentor and want to see if the same so called success will end up being the same deal for them. I personally do not see the appeal of going on The Bachelor or DWTS, but to each their own.

Money. You get paid to appear on DWTS; the longer you stay on, the more money you make. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Neither Milan nor Alexandra came across (to me) as especially flighty, unintelligent, self-absorbed, or immature.  Nor do they strike me as women who would put in the enormous amount of effort it takes to get (and stay) on the DCC, only to blow it off for reasons that are less than compelling. Both have spent extensive time on dance teams, and understand the commitment involved, as well as the impact on their teammates from bailing in the middle of the season.  I believe that - in both cases - life happened, as it frequently does. Life doesn't wait until the end of the DCC contract to smack you upside the head with adversity or present you with other amazing opportunities. Would be nice if it did, but it didn't, and so both had to make an extremely difficult decision to give up something they really loved in favor of something else that would have a far greater impact on the rest of their life.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Melissa mentor anyone specific this year besides Brianna?

9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Did Melissa mentor anyone specific this year besides Brianna?

I am sure she had girls CMT wanted her to mentor (not buying she picks the girls she wants to mentor,) but it was not shown on the show. Thank God for small favors. I think the viewers spoke their minds last year when they ask them about what the want or do not want to be shown on the show because Melissa was not shown too much after the auditions were over and TC started.

52 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Money. You get paid to appear on DWTS; the longer you stay on, the more money you make. 

Highly visible national TV dance job, awesome choreo, costumes, etc. Dream job for a dancer like Melissa who wasn't ever an actress, athlete, etc. like the other contestants. 

Bachelor wasn't as hooker trashy skank fest when Melissa was on there. I can't deal with that show now, but it wasn't as skanky when she was on there. It definietly launched her entertainment career far better than anything else.

• Love 4

In my opinion, I think it is tacky to be ask to be on a reality television dance show because you were dumped on national television by a guy you hardly know. Sad state of affairs if this is the way you launch your entertainment career this way, and you are considered a successful former DCC because of it. I mean there are former DCCs who have went out and made a difference in the world by helping people aka being a nurse, doctor, teacher etc. etc., but this does not prepare by being a minor D celebrity on a couple of reality television shows.

Melissa did more group mentoring this past season. Remember the cycling episode where she got onto Christina about her stamina? I haven't gotten to last season in my binge watch but I do remember that specifically. She was watching all cool and calm while the girls cycled their butts off. 

10 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Melissa did more group mentoring this past season. Remember the cycling episode where she got onto Christina about her stamina? I haven't gotten to last season in my binge watch but I do remember that specifically. She was watching all cool and calm while the girls cycled their butts off. 

She did, but she was not shown this past season as much as she was shown in past seasons. In otherwords, I think people were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes when ask what they wanted to see or not see in future seasons.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kalysss hasn't quit and Tasha models around a DCC schedule, so can't hate Kalyssa for that yet.

Now about Milan and Alexandra taking somebody else's spot, yeah I get what you're saying but do we really want anybody who was worse than some of the girls who barely made it? Well unless we could get Raylee and little Heather back. 

Oh, I agree, but wouldn't you be ticked if you took prep classes and dieted and worked out and on and on and then you are what .....47the out of 46?  

And actually there were some finalists who were better than Christina and Yuko.

And yes, I want Raylee, Heather and Allie back.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There is no worry Heather and  Allie have  no desire to audition again.  They have moved on and are better off for it !

• Love 1
On 1/20/2018 at 7:31 PM, sleepyjean said:

Ahhh...is that what OP meant?  I never understand outfits like that. Then again, I've never been one to feel like I need to advertise my sexuality at all times. That's partly why I'm so fascinated by all of this.

Yes I was talking about the neckline! Although more and more dccs wear daring (according to Kelli's taste at least) outfits,so maybe it isn't such a big no-no anymore.

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't do twitter or instagram, but has Alexandria posted anything about her family emergency that caused her to quit?

On IG nothing that I could see. People have noticed she's gone from DCC and asked her if she left or is coming back but she doesn't answer back.  If I do a Twitter search for her name (Alexandria Stavropoulos) it comes up bolded in black meaning there's no account but you can see it in tweets.

Edited by MrsEVH
53 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

On IG nothing that I could see. People have noticed she's gone from DCC and asked her if she left or is coming back but she doesn't answer back. 

Maybe she's too busy planning her wedding?

alexandria2.jpg

If she is getting married in September, I do not believe she is going to try out again this year since Judy and Kelli would not give her the time off during the football season for her wedding. She did not finish her first year, so if she did try out and made the team (doubtful this would happen,) she would be considered a rookie again.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:37 PM, sleepyjean said:

Neither Milan nor Alexandra came across (to me) as especially flighty, unintelligent, self-absorbed, or immature.  Nor do they strike me as women who would put in the enormous amount of effort it takes to get (and stay) on the DCC, only to blow it off for reasons that are less than compelling. Both have spent extensive time on dance teams, and understand the commitment involved, as well as the impact on their teammates from bailing in the middle of the season.  I believe that - in both cases - life happened, as it frequently does. Life doesn't wait until the end of the DCC contract to smack you upside the head with adversity or present you with other amazing opportunities. Would be nice if it did, but it didn't, and so both had to make an extremely difficult decision to give up something they really loved in favor of something else that would have a far greater impact on the rest of their life.

Agreed! Auditions are far too long and hard to leave once the best part starts. In both situations it must of been necessary.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, UT2004gal said:

Wow, Stephanie is fantastic! Why haven’t they featured this girl more? She stole all of my attention!

Stephanie is awesome and can dance! She also looks to have really toned up! Damn that girl looks GREAT!   ayeeeee

58 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Article about KaShara being Pro Bowl Girl.   http://www.5pointsblue.com/kashara-pro-bowl-bound/

I did not know Cowboys fans were allowed to vote for Pro Bowl Girl. I do not remember seeing anything about being allowed to vote.

I love Kash, whether you think she deserves point and all the accolades, I love her attitude.  She is professional and yet approachable and so upbeat! I'm really happy she is going to pro bowl. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love Kash, whether you think she deserves point and all the accolades, I love her attitude.  She is professional and yet approachable and so upbeat! I'm really happy she is going to pro bowl. 

I really don’t know how anyone could view Kashara negatively. It really kind of amazes me, the hate she gets on these boards. She’s delightful. If there was a better choice for Point, Kelli and Judy would’ve picked someone else. That’s pretty much it. 

45 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have always liked Kash.  I give her high marks for far how far she has come from that lost rookie who wore the wrong outfit her first night of TC.  I like her bubbly personality, her humor and she genuinely seems to like helping others.  I think she will do an awesome job representing the DCC at Pro Bowl.