Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And yet they brought her back for a 6th season and made her the original point.

I would think that is an example of one of the issues behind the scenes.  I know that if I were working my tail feathers off, and not breaking rules, and the troublemaker was getting all the glory.............I guess I would leave at the end of the season.

I agree so much. I understand giving a second chance but apparently this was like her 4th chance. And I really dont understand why Jenna was so careless. Maybe because they kept giving her chances,but still, she lost point twice that we know of.

• Love 2

I LOVE Jenna but I'm honestly surprised they asked her back for her 6th season after finding this out. I know they were losing A LOT of experienced vets and every other leader, but if you had issues with a girl that got her removed from point and USO tours, would you really want her back?

Jenna is the best dancer for DCC style so they are going to suffer losing her, especially with other great girls leaving like Maggie. If Lacey and Jinelle leaves they're going to be in the same situation as this year, with only one experienced leader (and KaShara was the most unexperienced leader they had already). The three year girls like Stephanie and Chantel need to step it up this year, otherwise the team is going to continue going downhill. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I LOVE Jenna but I'm honestly surprised they asked her back for her 6th season after finding this out. I know they were losing A LOT of experienced vets and every other leader, but if you had issues with a girl that got her removed from point and USO tours, would you really want her back?

Jenna is the best dancer for DCC style so they are going to suffer losing her, especially with other great girls leaving like Maggie. If Lacey and Jinelle leaves they're going to be in the same situation as this year, with only one experienced leader (and KaShara was the most unexperienced leader they had already). The three year girls like Stephanie and Chantel need to step it up this year, otherwise the team is going to continue going downhill. 

Stephanie seems to be stepping it up with her dancing this year.  She is a much stronger dancer this year than she was last year.

• Love 2

Stephanie is older and has a good head on her shoulders. She’s also very experienced since she’s cheered for multiple teams. I think she’d make a great leader next year if it’s something she wants, but who’s to say whether she has the availability. I’m anxious to see what happens going into next season for sure.

• Love 6

That’s a tough thing with teams like this. I’m sure it was a dream for these women to become DCCs, but once the day-to-day reality sets in of very long hours and very low pay versus the demands of jobs, school, family, other opportunities, etc., many of them leave when they’re really at a point to become stars on the team. Maggie is a great example. We’ll see what happens with Stephanie. I think she’s a lot of fun to watch and I hope she comes back. Same with Robyn, Lacey, Cersten, and several others. But when they decide to end their days as DCCs, I wish them all well. 

• Love 4

Stephanie was called out for weight so maybe it took her out of the assistant group leader race. To be honest about it, I do not see the appeal of Chantel, so I can see why she might have been out of the assistant group leader race also.

Jenna is a good dancer, but I do not think the team will suffer without her. In fact, with all the drama and problems related to her this past year, the team may be able to relax and work on regrouping more the following season. The team has lost some good leadership in the past especially with the mass exit after Season 5, and the squad survived in Season 6 and Season 7 when half the squad were rookies.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Stephanie was called out for weight so maybe it took her out of the assistant group leader race. To be honest about it, I do not see the appeal of Chantel, so I can see why she might have been out of the assistant group leader race also.

Jenna is a good dancer, but I do not think the team will suffer without her. In fact, with all the drama and problems related to her this past year, the team may be able to relax and work on regrouping more the following season. The team has lost some good leadership in the past especially with the mass exit after Season 5, and the squad survived in Season 6 and Season 7 when half the squad were rookies.

The team has not been the same since Danielle and Jasmine were DCC's. They totally jumped the shark at that point. Maybe even when Nicole Hamilton retired. 

• Love 2

I think the team jumped the shark after the mass exit of vets in Season 5. They lost a lot of talent that year. In my opinion, Jasmine was definitely a blender, and I still do not know why she made the team. She should be grateful five vets were cut at finals, and Kelli went from 34 to 39 girls the year she tried out leading to ten extra spots in Season 7.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the team jumped the shark after the mass exit of vets in Season 5. They lost a lot of talent that year. In my opinion, Jasmine was definitely a blender, and I still do not know why she made the team. She should be grateful five vets were cut at finals, and Kelli went from 34 to 39 girls the year she tried out leading to ten extra spots in Season 7.

Could you please list out who left in Season 5... too lazy to go figure it out! lol  Thanks!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Could you please list out who left in Season 5... too lazy to go figure it out! lol  Thanks!

DCCs that left after season 5:

Vets: 

Trisha T-6 yr

Brooke S, Tobie P - 5th yr

Meredith O, Meagan S, Tia W - 4th yr

Jordan C, Jordan B, Michelle K,  Crystal T -3rd yr

Carey D, Evan A, Joannah L - 2nd yr

Alyssa S, Stephanie H -Rookies

Olivia S cut at finals and Kaitlin L cut in TC.

I had to compare the 2010 and 2011 squad photos to figure out. I think I have everyone.

8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

DCCs that left after season 5:

Vets: 

Trisha T-6 yr

Brooke S, Tobie P - 5th yr

Meredith O, Meagan S, Tia W - 4th yr

Jordan C, Jordan B, Michelle K,  Crystal T -3rd yr

Carey D, Evan A, Joannah L - 2nd yr

Alyssa S, Stephanie H -Rookies

Olivia S cut at finals and Kaitlin L cut in TC.

I had to compare the 2010 and 2011 squad photos to figure out. I think I have everyone.

WOW! Did something happen behind the scenes do we think that caused so many vets to leave? 

Trisha put in six years, so she was probably was done with the whole thing along with Brooke and Tobie.

Meredith along with Meagan got married at the end of the season I believe, and Meredith moved to be with her husband in Washington. D.C 

Crystal was married, and her husband was in the military, so she was probably was thinking her husband might be transferred to another base.

Joannah L. was going to try out for her third year, but she quit before tryouts due to being pregnant.

Stephanie H. probably left due to Brooke leaving, and she might have been given strong hits not to try out again due to her weight.

Alyssa S. got married after the season ended.

Carey D. was a cheerleader before for another NFL team, so she may also have been done with being a cheerleader.

I have noticed a lot of the girls are good friends, so that may have played a part of the reason why there was a mass exit. Of course, there are things going behind the scenes which we do not know about causing a lot of  the girls to leave.

Edited by bigskygirl
26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Trisha put in six years, so she was probably was done with the whole thing along with Brooke and Tobie.

Meredith along with Meagan got married at the end of the season I believe, and Meredith moved to be with her husband in Washington. D.C 

Crystal was married, and her husband was in the military, so she was probably was thinking her husband might be transferred to another base.

Joannah L. was going to try out for her third year, but she quit before tryouts due to being pregnant.

Stephanie H. probably left due to Brooke leaving, and she might have been given strong hits not to try out again due to her weight.

Alyssa S. got married after the season ended.

Carey D. was a cheerleader before for another NFL team, so she may also have been done with being a cheerleader.

I have noticed a lot of the girls are good friends, so that may have played a part of the reason why there was a mass exit. Of course, there are things going behind the scenes which we do not know about causing a lot of  the girls to leave.

Carey was an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for 7 years and was also PBC.  I think I read on her blog ( on old DCC site) she wanted to finish her  NFL cheerleader career with the DCC. That's 9 years between both teams which is a long time.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Carey was an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for 7 years and was also PBC.  I think I read on her blog ( on old DCC site) she wanted to finish her  NFL cheerleader career with the DCC. That's 9 years between both teams which is a long time.

What were the ages of these girls when they left?  I was wondering because DCC Kelli must be in her early 30s.  The reason I am wondering is if Victoria makes the team at 18 years old and there are 30 somethings on the team I really don't see how they could ever become best friends.  Seems like the years when they all were best friends the team was better.  

12 minutes ago, Shallan said:

So after the team was announced Alexandra, Milan and Kalyssa left the team. I bet they wish they had kept Taryn and Brennan. I still don't understand either one of those cuts. 

I don't think they ever planned to keep them, they kept them that long for they show.  Kelli never liked Taryn's looks and she barley made it into TC.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I struggle to understand why Stephanie and Chantel weren’t made a second group leader over Heather O, considering she’s only a second year and has come straight out of college, no other professional teams 

I guess that's just something we'll never know as outsiders. I'm fairly certain there are other qualifications that we don't know about that the girls ought to have to be a GL other than  tenure or being with other teams.

• Love 1

I've been away from the forum for a while. I went back a lot of pages but I can't find discussions of Milan being gone (??!!?), or Alexandra, or Kalyssa, just the occasional comment. Is anyone willing to share a quick recap of what went down? I gather that Kalyssa left before the year ended to pursue some kind of modeling gig. Seems weird as she's quite petite, but ok. But except for the post just above, I hadn't seen anything about Milan or Alexandra. Is this former Mavs Alexandra or former Pats/recently engaged Alexandria (or did I get their names mixed up)? I'd appreciate a quick summary, thanks! Just spent an hour trying to figure this out. Also, it's nice to be back on here--I missed y'all! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Maggie is moving to Los Angeles in June, so she will not be an All-Star.

It surprises me that Maggie is leaving after two years, but it does not surprise me that she is missing home.  Los Angeles is a beautiful place to grow up, and eventually most natives who leave here feel the call to return.   (And L.A. has two NFL teams now, so she can always cheer close to home for the Rams or Chargers.) Welcome back Maggie!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I've been away from the forum for a while. I went back a lot of pages but I can't find discussions of Milan being gone (??!!?), or Alexandra, or Kalyssa, just the occasional comment. Is anyone willing to share a quick recap of what went down? I gather that Kalyssa left before the year ended to pursue some kind of modeling gig. Seems weird as she's quite petite, but ok. But except for the post just above, I hadn't seen anything about Milan or Alexandra. Is this former Mavs Alexandra or former Pats/recently engaged Alexandria (or did I get their names mixed up)? I'd appreciate a quick summary, thanks! Just spent an hour trying to figure this out. Also, it's nice to be back on here--I missed y'all! 

Milan left for school. Alexandria (former patriots) had a family illness that required her to leave 

• Love 1

Thanks @Katherine1904! Good for both of them for doing what they felt was right. I'm sorry to hear about the family illness, and I know how hard it is to be away from family during such times. And kudos to Milan for killing it in college. I wasn't a big fan of hers her rookie year but I liked her a good bit last season. I wish them both the best! 

• Love 3

Taryn & Brennan would have never made the team.  Like someone said above, they were kept on because of the show.  In my opinion, they didn't have the looks at all, combined with lackluster dancing skills.  Same with Kaime in the past.  Kept on for show, but the looks had to go. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Taryn & Brennan would have never made the team.  Like someone said above, they were kept on because of the show.  In my opinion, they didn't have the looks at all, combined with lackluster dancing skills.  Same with Kaime in the past.  Kept on for show, but the looks had to go. 

They focus so much more on looks now than they used to. Many former DCCs are not attractive enough to make the team now in my opinion eg. Sarah, Tia, Trisha (I go back and forth on her looks) 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

They focus so much more on looks now than they used to. Many former DCCs are not attractive enough to make the team now in my opinion eg. Sarah, Tia, Trisha (I go back and forth on her looks) 

Don't forget Mackenzie Swicegood.  Good dancer but not a very HD friendly face.

2 hours ago, M1977G said:

Former Mavs dancer Alexis made the squad.

Alexandria (former Patriots cheerleader) left just before (I'm guessing) the squad photo and bios were put up on the DCC site. I think she cheered in a few games before leaving. Milan left sometime in November and Kalyssa left recently.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

I thought Tia was adorable especially since she had a cute short hair cut instead of the same ole cookie cut long hair and style the majority of the DCCs have.

1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I honestly don’t see this. Beauty is of course in the eyes of the beholder, but I think Taryn and Brennan look better or at least no worse than Maddie, Milan, Amy, Keyra, Miranda, Gina, Jinelle, Kelli.... I’m not suggesting that any of those girls are unattractive. In fact, I’m sure each has fans, but there’s nothing about Brennan or Taryn that makes me thing their looks would’ve stood out in a bad way. 

• Love 6

Taryn kind of reminds me of Cristi Fisher in the sense that sometimes her face can look harsh, mostly when she’s smiling really big. Otherwise I think she’s really pretty, has a good figure, and beautiful hair.

Brennan looks cross-eyed on film a lot of the time and I can’t help but wonder if that was a factor when it came to her cut. She’s a beautiful girl and I haven’t noticed her looking cross-eyed in pictures, but there’s just something about the way she looks on film that’s kind of off.

• Love 5
On 2/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, Katherine1904 said:

I struggle to understand why Stephanie and Chantel weren’t made a second group leader over Heather O, considering she’s only a second year and has come straight out of college, no other professional teams 

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I guess that's just something we'll never know as outsiders. I'm fairly certain there are other qualifications that we don't know about that the girls ought to have to be a GL other than  tenure or being with other teams.

Stephanie for sure has a full time job (or did before the layoff mentioned in the season...I'm assuming she found another one) and I believe Chantel does too.  I can't imagine many full time career gals doing the team, Show Group AND Group Leader.  Plus the other paid appearances and trying to have an inch of time for a personal life.  Yikes.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

Stephanie for sure has a full time job (or did before the layoff mentioned in the season...I'm assuming she found another one) and I believe Chantel does too.  I can't imagine many full time career gals doing the team, Show Group AND Group Leader.  Plus the other paid appearances and trying to have an inch of time for a personal life.  Yikes.

I thought every DCC had to either have a full time job or be a student? 

3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Tia I disagree with but add Makenzie Swicegood to your list. 

3 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I thought every DCC had to either have a full time job or be a student? 

They say the girls need to be students or have a job, but it seems like a lot of the “students” are taking a few classes here and there, and a lot of the ones with jobs work as dance instructors, so they have flexible hours and time to devote to DCC. I don’t think the DCC time commitments for training camp, practices, games, and appearances are very conducive to full-time degree programs (see, e.g., Milan) or 40-plus hour per week corporate jobs. Especially for group leaders and show group members. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

They say the girls need to be students or have a job, but it seems like a lot of the “students” are taking a few classes here and there, and a lot of the ones with jobs work as dance instructors, so they have flexible hours and time to devote to DCC. I don’t think the DCC time commitments for training camp, practices, games, and appearances are very conducive to full-time degree programs (see, e.g., Milan) or 40-plus hour per week corporate jobs. Especially for group leaders and show group members. 

Was is Danielle that was a medical sales rep that spent hours in the OR and traveling around the Dallas area before coming to practice?

49 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Was is Danielle that was a medical sales rep that spent hours in the OR and traveling around the Dallas area before coming to practice?

That was rookie Courtney in Season 9. She was on the team for one year. I think Heather has a full time job working for a plastic surgeon. I wonder if she is working for the same plastic surgeon Jackie Bob and Colin were working for in Season 7. Maggie is also a teacher along with Selina. There have been girls who work full time jobs and still were able to be group or assistant group leaders. Danielle was an assistant group leader her fourth year, and group leader her fifth year while holding down a full time job. Three year vet Melissa was going to school full time and was in Show Group. Her last year she was doing an internship at a local children's hospital, was in Show Group and was an assistant group leader. She said Kelli and Judy were willing to work with her and the other girls about their schedules and doing DCC activities outside of home games and practices.

Edited by bigskygirl

The reality is that not every full time job (most to be honest) would allow the flexibility needed to be a DCC and do the extracurriculars such as group leadership and show group. My job certainly would not, so in order to become a DCC at all I would have to find a different, more flexible full time job that would pay me as much as I make now, which would be incredibly difficult. These days a good chunk of jobs don’t carry regular Monday-Friday 9-5 hours. Also, thinking back to college, I would not have had time for DCC at all. Being in an arts program, outside of my full course load, I had to log a certain number of practice hours a week, be at various concerts and performances, etc. It honestly baffles me that anyone with a full time job or school course load can swing DCC.

• Love 5

I wonder if Kelli and Judy will need to be more flexible schedule wise if they want high caliber intelligent girls to audition/or last more than a couple of years. It just seems like girks who stay 3-5 years are few and far between these days.

Bess also has a full-time job (in management for some kind of medical equipment sales company I think) and was a second leader this year. If she stays, she'd probably be in the running for group leader next year. I've liked her since her rookie year. She's gorgeous, a clean dancer, and has a killer figure, and she presents on social media and the show as lower key and just a solid team player. She also spoke out about domestic abuse and I admire her courage for that. I imagine she brings some needed maturity and quiet leadership to the team. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

Taryn kind of reminds me of Cristi Fisher in the sense that sometimes her face can look harsh, mostly when she’s smiling really big. Otherwise I think she’s really pretty, has a good figure, and beautiful hair.

Brennan looks cross-eyed on film a lot of the time and I can’t help but wonder if that was a factor when it came to her cut. She’s a beautiful girl and I haven’t noticed her looking cross-eyed in pictures, but there’s just something about the way she looks on film that’s kind of off.

Didn't Kelli say something about that during Brennan's cameo shoot?