Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I never heard anyone HATED Jenna, but more like wanted to keep a distance while all the drama was going down. Don't want to be guilty by association, etc. 

Now it's safe to be open and wish her the best. Some sincerely, some out of politeness, some happy to see her hit the door. 

Now Kalyssa having zero people even try to act polite and wish her anything....that's shady.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

i don’t typically put much stock in the team gossip about who is liked or isn’t or in social media posts because who really cares? It’s not high school, but with Jenna and Kalyssa’s birthdays being only days apart, the comparison between how the other teammates acted is a bit jarring. Did anyone acknowledge Kalyssa’s birthday? There were several touching posts about Jenna and all of the girls are cheering on Kashara at pro bowl, but Kalyssa....

I’m not trying to imply anything about Kalyssa’s character. She may just be into her own things. Nothing wrong with that. It’s just odd that her teammates don’t even feel the need to do a generic Happy Birthday post for her.

Very odd that we didn't see even one dcc acknowledge Kalyssa's birthday.  So sweet how they all wished Jenna the best birthday.  Really nice to see how much think think of her.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Lauren is way braver than me.  I've always liked her infectious smile and personality.  Loved her "here we go!" right before hitting the turf for her very first game.

Ha ha!!! I'm a dog trainer, those military dogs are no joke!! I'm impressed she did it, and with all the injury concern they let her!   I've seen bite work way more intense than that, but when that dog is charging you with its mouth open, it's intense.  I like her even more now. 

• Love 5
(edited)

In looking through Kalyssa's instagram, it seems to be more of a vehicle for work than for her personal life. It makes me wonder if she has separate accounts for her personal life, or if she just isn't into putting her personal life out there for the world. It could be she's just very protective of her privacy. I don't automatically go to "Well, it must mean nobody likes her."

Lauren is a hoot. I can't imagine anyone else on the team volunteering to be chased down like that.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

In looking through Kalyssa's instagram, it seems to be more of a vehicle for work than for her personal life. It makes me wonder if she has separate accounts for her personal life, or if she just isn't into putting her personal life out there for the world. It could be she's just very protective of her privacy. I don't automatically go to "Well, it must mean nobody likes her."

Lauren is a hoot. I can't imagine anyone else on the team volunteering to be chased down like that.

Kelsey did :) 

49 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Lauren is way braver than me.  I've always liked her infectious smile and personality.  Loved her "here we go!" right before hitting the turf for her very first game.

love this! I wonder what she means by 14 weeks out?? 

42 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I saw a video of Kelsey doing the same thing with the dog chasing her.  It's on her boyfriends insta dated December 5, 2017.  It is worth going and watching it....she is great!  brodiesmith = boyfriend

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I saw a video of Kelsey doing the same thing with the dog chasing her.

Thanks for the head's up.  By investigating I found other vids from that day.  Savannah did the dog run as well.  Check out Jay's insta for more. Jinelle is a hoot!

• Love 2

I am surprise they were allowed to do it. I am a police department volunteer, and we are not allowed to try this for safety reasons (police chief said no way because he does not want one of us to get hurt.) We were not allowed to be handcuffed during life shooter training (were allowed to play victims and shooters but with fake ammo bullets and able to shoot at the officers and victims-can hurt without the right protection covering your body.)  Of course, we were disappointed, but after hearing stories about what police dogs can do I am glad I did not try it. One officer almost lost a few fingers because he turn the wrong way, and the dog took it has a move to hurt his human partner. He was wearing new gloves which were suppose to protect your fingers if the dog bites you on your fingers, but the dog's teeth was able to get through the glove. The ironic thing is the dog's teeth did some damage, but his fingers were still save because of the gloves.

Edited by bigskygirl
54 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Lauren is a hoot.

24 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Jinelle is a hoot!

Three of my favorite DCCs!!!!!  All three are gorgeous and talented with great attitudes and an amazing sense of fun.  Was also just rewatching the last season, and saw the scene where Jinelle was getting ready to go into the interview panel with three rookie finalists.  She was trying to help them through their nerves, and telling them about how every time she went in, she felt like she was about to go on a terrifying roller coaster, and I loved her for it.  Have always heard awesome things about how kind and gracious all three of them are, and it's why they'll always be some of my forever favorite DCCs.

• Love 6

Lauren's infectious spirit and ability to laugh at herself is what grabbed me from the beginning.  I love bread too, Lauren. :D . But it was this photo that forever sealed it for me.  She comes across so genuine.  Something that often seems rare in this day and age.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 5

I'd be willing to bet the dogs that were doing it were not fully trained, possibly even still puppys. Or they used ones that don't have a strong bite. Once they are fully trained, if they take you down you aren't getting back up. She's not even wearing a full bite suit in the video.  

I do wish that the show would show more of this kind of thing. I liked the episodes where they showed visiting the vets, and the out reach they do. I'd like to see some of the Jr DCC stuff, maybe some camps they do. To me that's way more "America' Sweatheart" than prancing around in a bikini. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I'd be willing to bet the dogs that were doing it were not fully trained, possibly even still puppys. Or they used ones that don't have a strong bite. Once they are fully trained, if they take you down you aren't getting back up. She's not even wearing a full bite suit in the video.  

I do wish that the show would show more of this kind of thing. I liked the episodes where they showed visiting the vets, and the out reach they do. I'd like to see some of the Jr DCC stuff, maybe some camps they do. To me that's way more "America' Sweatheart" than prancing around in a bikini. 

Lauren was running, and Jay was yelling at her. That would not happen with real training. We were told never to yell, or even slap the canine unit officer on the back in a joking manner because his dog will see that has a sign we were a possible threat to the officer, and the dog will try to take us down. In otherwords, peace and quiet around the officer and the dog. The only officer who would be allowed to yell or speak while training the dog to take a potential suspect down is the canine unit officer because someone else yelling (of course the suspect could be yelling also) could confuse the dog and/or make the dog more aggressive. I would rather watch the dog with his trainer doing actually training instead of watching a fake pretend attack of one of the girls, but to each their own. Jay yelling would have made me wish I could tell him to shut up. *lol* The above picture of Lauren with the little girl is so cute! I would rather see something like that one show instead of the fake Melissa mentoring scenes. I also admit I like the one scene in Season 3 where the girls were visiting troops being sent off to combat areas instead of we want to see how well the girls interact with injured vets at a VA Hospital in order to see if we need to cut someone who does not have good social skills.

Edited by bigskygirl
21 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Lauren's infectious spirit and ability to laugh at herself is what grabbed me from the beginning.  I love bread too, Lauren. :D . But it was this photo that forever sealed it for me.  She comes across so genuine.  Something that often seems rare in this day and age.

I often wonder why Lauren is a DCC. It's such a .... what's the word I'm thinking of...a "surface" kind of job for someone like her. Some of the things she says remind me so much of Kelsi Reich - about the DCC being an opportunity to go out and brighten people's day. But really, that's more of a side benefit than the actual job, which is more about being a sexy brand ambassador/entertainer than anything else. I have a hard time reconciling what I see of Lauren's character with a girl who actively pursues the role of sex symbol. I'd be curious to hear her thoughts on it. She doesn't seem as naive as Kelsi with her whole "I hoped men weren't looking at me lustfully" ideals.

19 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I agree. Although I'm sure they do lift spirits immeasurably by visiting hospitals and such, I like seeing them doing things that are more active than just gracing people with their presence.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

love this! I wonder what she means by 14 weeks out?? 

I stand corrected :-)

Maybe the dogs have been in training for 14 weeks?

• Love 1

I just realized Lauren's picture was from Malmstrom Air Force Base near Great Falls, Montana. Whohoo!!! My home state.

I am thinking fourteen weeks may be the end of the season for the girls (dinner and getting their rookie rings,) and almost audition times since auditions start on May 5th.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the choreography is bad, and she does not seem to make complete movements. I can hear Judy saying not one move was complete! One of my pet peeves is people who think they are dance choreographers after being a cheerleader or dancer for a few years. Just like people who went on The Biggest Loser, lost some weight, and now think they are experts when it comes to weight loss.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the choreography is bad, and she does not seem to make complete movements. I can hear Judy saying not one move was complete!

I agree. And I know Maddie can't control her face, but the moves don't meet the facial expressions she does. She looks like a little girl trying to hang with big kids and failing. This is not good hip hop...not good at all. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Part of me wants to defend Maddie with this, but I also know I shouldn't try to change anyone's mind about a girl. 

Would it help if I said I probably would have said the same thing if one of the other girls did the same choreography and dance the same way. Of course, I have no clue about dancing since I have two left feet.

36 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Part of me wants to defend Maddie with this, but I also know I shouldn't try to change anyone's mind about a girl. 

I actually like Maddie the person.  The girl did a hella lot of maturing in the year between re-auditioning.  Is she the normal DCC glam package?  Heck no.  But she is spunky and cute with a great smile to boot.  Loved how confident she looked when marching at the head of the line in one of the vids from HOF.

What I'd love to see her improve on is her facials and finding the right places in her dancing to hit & emphasize nuances.  This gal, Jade Chynoweth (19 years old), better illustrates what I'd like to see more of with Maddie.  

As a side note, this class taught by Brian Friedman, is who I'd love to see Holly P. take a crack at.  I think she would excel at Brian's style.

ETA:  The last few 8 counts of this choreo is all improv.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think I've only liked Maddie's choreography once, maybe the first time she choreographed for Michelle

Everyone loves to go to Michelle's classes because SHE is so good.  I can't understand why when Michelle isn't going to be there she doesn't get better people to take over her class.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

As a side note, this class taught by Brian Friedman, is who I'd love to see Holly P. take a crack at.  I think she would excel at Brian's style.

since you’ve mention it, I would DIE if I got to see Holly (or Jenna... but mostly Holly) do this routine. I’d LOVE to see Nika do something (less raunchy but just as much power) for the DCC. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, tajalexander said:
since you’ve mention it, I would DIE if I got to see Holly (or Jenna... but mostly Holly) do this routine. I’d LOVE to see Nika do something (less raunchy but just as much power) for the DCC. 

Nika is awesome!  She's also in that Mother video by Brian:  

For Holly, I'd add Jojo Gomez and Yanis Marshall.  They are right up her sensual style alley.  And yeah, Yanis is a guy who does dance and execute exceptional heels choreo.  Now exiting before the mod police come after me for discussing a past DCC in the current squad thread. ;o)

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2

14 weeks out = auditions, not surprising she’s coming back. Guess she’s managed to balance her job and DCC/showgroup well enough. 

I REALLY wanna know where the calendar will be this year. Bahamas seemed so much better than their Mexico stints, but with all of the disasters in that area last year I wonder if it’s feasable to go with so many people in tow. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I REALLY wanna know where the calendar will be this year. Bahamas seemed so much better than their Mexico stints, but with all of the disasters in that area last year I wonder if it’s feasable to go with so many people in tow. 

Is it horrible that I’m not looking forward to calendar because all we’re about to see are super photoshopped pictures of our favorite girls ?

who ever does the action shots on game days needs to run calendar shoots lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Don't get me wrong...I actually like Maddie as a person and even as a dancer. I just don't like Maddie as a hip-hop dancer. Her over the top facials and inability to finish her motions stand out really bad and comes off as extreme amateur. She's not my favorite in the DCC power style, but she's passable. 

I do think that Maddie is a strong teacher and that is why Michelle uses her---I can't imagine why she would use her otherwise. Some people can teach better than they can perform---this may be the case here. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Is it horrible that I’m not looking forward to calendar because all we’re about to see are super photoshopped pictures of our favorite girls ?

who ever does the action shots on game days needs to run calendar shoots lol

I feel you, they’ve slowly gotten better with previous years though I think, but I’d take appropriate/not skanky bathing suits over too much photoshop any day. 

Calendar makes me excited because we finally confirm who’s coming back and it’s just a happy time for all of them. That’s such a sappy feeling but it’s true. *sniffle*

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Ha ha!!! I'm a dog trainer, those military dogs are no joke!! I'm impressed she did it, and with all the injury concern they let her!   I've seen bite work way more intense than that, but when that dog is charging you with its mouth open, it's intense.  I like her even more now. 

I wanted to add too that the dog's ears are back and she's wagging her tail the whole time - she knows it's a drill <3  They just know!  That's why I love dogs so much :)

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the choreography is bad, and she does not seem to make complete movements. I can hear Judy saying not one move was complete!

I agree. And I know Maddie can't control her face, but the moves don't meet the facial expressions she does. She looks like a little girl trying to hang with big kids and failing. This is not good hip hop...not good at all. 

I agree, I think it's embarrassing.

• Love 1

KaShara's shorts vs everyone else's bottoms. It's easy to forget how tiny those are when you see all the DCC together, but next to other NFL Cheerleaders - yikes. Literally half the size of the 49er girl's shorts.

I

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

We may have a girl changed her mind about quitting and not be allowed to go on the calendar shoot. Last time it happened Angela was not allowed to go on the shoot her last year.

Who?

8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

What? Nobody counting how many teammates wished Tasha happy birthday? LOL!

Um so Tasha is the cover girl for EXTRA, so not even going to say much about the false lashes, filters, etc., bc that's just how she rolls, but WHY DOES SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE SLIPPED HER WIG. We see your edges, Tasha. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She looks like a fake Barbie doll. What happened to the All American look the DCCs was suppose to have.

Eh, she's not in a DCC capacity at her family bday dinner, so not much they can do.

Just now, parrotfeathers said:

I must admit that does look like a wig, but would Tasha really let something like that get by her when previewing herself?

Don't think natural is her goal AKA Dolly Parton, but yeah, looks like her wig is slipping. 

Don't get me wrong and I don't think she looks any faker or super glam than say Lacey. 

My own parents grew up in FL and I swear they based Gloria on Modern Family on my Aunts, but Tasha, do something with that wig!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

KaShara's shorts vs everyone else's bottoms. It's easy to forget how tiny those are when you see all the DCC together, but next to other NFL Cheerleaders - yikes. Literally half the size of the 49er girl's shorts.

I

Still looks better than the Redskin's cheerleaders shorts - you need a crowbar to get those off:)  Or out.......

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Um so Tasha is the cover girl for EXTRA, so not even going to say much about the false lashes, filters, etc., bc that's just how she rolls, but WHY DOES SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE SLIPPED HER WIG. We see your edges, Tasha. 

Why the eff is she wearing a wig? Omg ?‍♀️

• Love 1