Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

this was really cool to read esp bc I just finished season 2 today

I knew she was a legacy but didn't know her sister, Mackenzie, was a Kilgore Rangerette and is a current Director of the alumni group called Forevers.  It may be she got married and opted not to try out for DCC.  Both her mom and Meredith were Kilgore Rangerettes.  Made me want to watch the movie "Sweethearts of the Gridiron" about the audition process for Rangerettes.  This was the year that Robin was a sophomore and tried out to be one of the officers.

Edited by cherryblossom
Add info
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Made me want to watch the movie "Sweethearts of the Gridiron" about the audition process for Rangerettes.  This was the year that Robin was a sophomore and tried out to be one of the officers.

Did she get it?

4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I knew she was a legacy but didn't know her sister, Mackenzie, was a Kilgore Rangerette and is a current Director of the alumni group called Forevers.  It may be she got married and opted not to try out for DCC.  Both her mom and Meredith were Kilgore Rangerettes.  Made me want to watch the movie "Sweethearts of the Gridiron" about the audition process for Rangerettes.  This was the year that Robin was a sophomore and tried out to be one of the officers.

I think the mom has been some sort of technical advisor for the Rangerettes over the years. If I recall, the sister was a little bit larger framed than DCC prefers these days - more like Caila now, not fat or out of shape, just not naturally very very hard thin, plus she may have had no desire to be a DCC.

8 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

SOTG is on my Amazon watch list. 

@ShellyB- is there going to be an option to buy Season 12 on the Amazon Season Pass? I know it was available last year but this year I no longer have CMT in our cable package and I'm freaking out! ?

I am not sure. I am far removed from the other side of the camera, production and and packaging. I would imagine if it was a successful venture previously, the powers that be would continue the same options. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

SOTG is on my Amazon watch list. 

@ShellyB- is there going to be an option to buy Season 12 on the Amazon Season Pass? I know it was available last year but this year I no longer have CMT in our cable package and I'm freaking out! ?

Ha, I am counting on this as well. Mom said I'd break down and get cable at my new place once football season started...if I can't buy a season pass for DCC she might be right! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

DCC was never on Mackenzie's list. She danced at TCU and then went to work on her career. Macks's not married yet....tomorrow!  ??❤️??

• Love 7

So aggravated with CMT right now! Went to their web hoping they'd have more episodes loaded, and while I can find links under the All episodes dropdown, the episodes I want to see are throwing 404 errors.  Has anyone found S1 ep 102 & 108, or S2 ep 202 & 208? I like to see where they announce TC and the final squad. 

28 minutes ago, Java said:

So aggravated with CMT right now! Went to their web hoping they'd have more episodes loaded, and while I can find links under the All episodes dropdown, the episodes I want to see are throwing 404 errors.  Has anyone found S1 ep 102 & 108, or S2 ep 202 & 208? I like to see where they announce TC and the final squad. 

I had to use the cmt app on my iPhone to watch. My laptop only gets the first episode for each year though the drop down say 8 episodes. So i am watching it on a tiny screen.It is frustrating, especially when I have a 70"tv mocking me in the room.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

You were a Rangerette!?!! Their whole organization is so intriguing to me. I know sign drop is tomorrow so I'm watching Sweethearts of the Gridiron right now ha!

Is that the one with DCC Robin in it?

I rented that from Amazon and remember seeing Robin.

Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Is that the one with DCC Robin in it?

Yes!! I'm so intrigued with the whole process haha. Tryouts just ended today and the 78th line was announced. Robin was on the 73rd line

23 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I had to use the cmt app on my iPhone to watch. My laptop only gets the first episode for each year though the drop down say 8 episodes. So i am watching it on a tiny screen.It is frustrating, especially when I have a 70"tv mocking me in the room.

Thanks! Got it working on my phone and my tablet. Yay!

This morning when I checked my DVR because I am recording all the Hallmark Christmas movies, I saw that last season MMT was recorded so it must have been on during the night.  Check out the schedule to see what is happening in your area.

• Love 2

ON 7/11/2017 AT 10:04 AM, QUITECALM SAID:

@SHELLYB PLEASE tell me you were in this number. I can't see anyone because of the hats.

http://you-tube.one/watch/QHJqbkh2eU5vSEhr/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-flashback-to-the-star-dress.html

I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://you-tube.one/watch/QFN1NXpad3dtUEVB/dcc-1980-dance-2.html

For some reason the first one won't work for me but the second one is priceless.  It got cut off before all the children in the hospital were healed by the power of hitch kicks, yes?  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

For some reason the first one won't work for me but the second one is priceless.  It got cut off before all the children in the hospital were healed by the power of hitch kicks, yes?  

giphy.gif

• Love 5
On 7/13/2017 at 5:57 PM, LilRedHerring said:

Bitch Moment Ahead: Like 90% of the 91-2 squad would be on WW today! I feel like the attitude towards weight and what the DCC are willing to work with when someone has a few extra pounds changed between Seasons 1 & 2. They worked with Brook Sorensen in Season 1 but then cut this really pretty dark haired girl (Victoria? Gina?) who had bigger hips without even giving her a chance to lose the weight in Season 2. Anyone else notice anything similar? The girls' media exposure is so different compared to when the show began and the addition of HD certainly alters current standards which are huge factors but I felt like I saw a shift earlier than HD times.

Yesss! I noticed. I was watching Season 9 this past weekend..yet again. This is where they had a few veterans on WW. They were Brittney S., Veronica, Paige and Hannah. I did not like it how they gave all the girls except Hannah the chance to lose the weight. They offered the other 3 "My Fit Foods" and told Hannah to go screw herself...well that's  how I took it. They were really harsh. They did mention several times that Hannah had this same issue her Rookie year with her weight..so maybe they were just tired of giving her time to be consistent. Either way it seemed unfair!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yesss! I noticed. I was watching Season 9 this past weekend..yet again. This is where they had a few veterans on WW. They were Brittney S., Veronica, Paige and Hannah. I did not like it how they gave all the girls except Hannah the chance to lose the weight. They offered the other 3 "My Fit Foods" and told Hannah to go screw herself...well that's  how I took it. They were really harsh. They did mention several times that Hannah had this same issue her Rookie year with her weight..so maybe they were just tired of giving her time to be consistent. Either way it seemed unfair!

I believe this topic on Hannah has been discussed so many times.. I do think it was a little unfair the way it was shown on TV, however it was mentioned here, that she's been on WW during the season and has been warned before. My guess is that this was the last straw for Kelli and Judy. She does look very happy and healthy right now though.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Demi Lovato to be on MTT this season. Step up from Musgraves/Pickler/Rycroft

totally thought Demi was Bess at first and i was like, whyis she dressed different?? LOL 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

Makes sense! According to Shelly, Demi's mom was a DCC

Dianna Hart  (now De La Garza) was one of the DCCs featured in the Where Are They Now? section in the old DCC site. I remember her saying she's Demi Lovato's mom in the article. I think she was a DCC for only the 1982 season.

Demi-lovatos-mom.png

Dallas_Cowboys_Dianna_Hart_1982_Y1.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Dianna Hart  (now De La Garza) was one of the DCCs featured in the Where Are They Now? section in the old DCC site. I remember her saying she's Demi Lovato's mom in the article. I think she was a DCC for only the 1982 season.

Demi-lovatos-mom.png

Dallas_Cowboys_Dianna_Hart_1982_Y1.jpg

That is some awesome 80s hair!

• Love 3

Holls looks like hammered shit in that pic. Holly, pull it together. I'm saying this because I love you, I appreciate you and I expect MORE from you. #BEYOND

Demi is just not even on my radar.

DIANNA!! Woman! The hair, the ass, the pose...all of it. To me, she outshines her nothingburger child all day long.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kelsey (and some dude named Brodie /s) are vlogging now. 

That's her man-friend these days.  And, he's got no power in the relationship. He is all in, no doubt. ?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ante said:

That's her man-friend these days.  And, he's got no power in the relationship. He is all in, no doubt. ?

I was being sarcastic (/s), lol. They seem sweet together. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay so I watched the whole vlog and they are adorkable. Even if Kelsey's occasional baby voice annoyed me. Sorry Kelsey I still love ya. LOL

And I agree Brodie seems very all in. 

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I was being sarcastic (/s), lol. They seem sweet together. 

Oh, sorry. My bad.  I just know not everyone "determinedly looks" for Kelsey like I do.  Haha. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Holls looks like hammered shit in that pic. Holly, pull it together. I'm saying this because I love you, I appreciate you and I expect MORE from you. #BEYOND

DIANNA!! Woman! The hair, the ass, the pose...all of it. To me, she outshines her nothingburger child all day long.

Which photo?

30 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I loved the part in that video that she hit that tree branch and they edited it to "holla back girl"  that was freaking funny

That was good editing...Love the "breath" stroke;)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Java said:

Dianna Hart De La Garza was pretty then, but now? She's gorgeous. I want to know what products that woman uses!

Wrong question: You want to know who her and Demi's plastic surgeon is. Beaches neither of those women have their original noses. 

On 7/17/2017 at 7:41 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

The standards have gotten more rigorous for returning vets and it's apparent from even 3 seasons ago. Rewatching pieces of Season 9 from some miracle where my DVR recorded episodes even though I do not get CMT anymore. Ugh, I just can't with the whole Vivian thing. Fast forward...

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

That is twice this week I agree with you @QuiteCalM.  A hangover had not crossed my mind, but I did think that Holly looked like she was recovering from a cold  (a bit wan) in that group photo the DCC took with Demi Lovato.  Selina's weight looks to be fine in that particular photo.   

Edited by California Girl
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

That is twice this week I agree with you @QuiteCalM.  A hangover had not crossed my mind, but I did think that Holly looked like she was recovering from a cold  (a bit wan) in that group photo the DCC took with Demi Lovato.  Selina's weight looks to be fine in that particular photo.   

See, and here I am thinking Selina looked thicker in that picture. It might just be her placement, though. And I do still think she's very pretty. I don't mind having a few curvier girls on the squad. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:
Does anyone know the names of the girls here. Are some of them All Stars? 

The pictures are of previous years. L-R Jinelle, JennK, Ashley/Amber? can't remember, Kelsey Bond, Emma, Holly, Jennifer, Kinzie, Jacie, Jenna, Sydney, Jessica.

Jessica, JennK, and I believe Kinzie are All Stars currently. Maybe Emma still is too?

• Love 1