Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 6/16/2017 at 10:42 PM, AnnMichele said:

Kind of wish Amy could have posted about it first... congrats Amy!

Amy just posted about her engagement. What a sweet story. Looks like her fiancé is a real sweetheart:) 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

To me, I think the real reason why Chelsey was cut in Season 8 was due to the fact she was being too much of a party girl and not weight gain. I also find it interesting she was cut after Kelli asked her about partying since she was dating a friend of Cassie's husband at the time.

I personally think Chelsea was cut because K & J were sick of her shit. She may have been partying and all that but I believe her cut boiled down to K & J having had enough. Plenty of other cheerleaders in the past have partied and a head was always turned the other way. But Chelsea likely partied and then come to find out she's talking trash about what she was just told in the privacy of Kelli's office?  I'd cut her ass too just for the disrespect she showed and informed her to go ahead allow the door to hit her on the ass on her way out of Valley Ranch. Chelsea forgot that she's wasn't just a cheerleader, she was an employee and she absolutely forgot her place. 

Edited by Ante
Spelling. Autocorrect.
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Ante said:

I personally think Chelsea was cut because K & J were sick of her shit. She may have been partying and all that but I believe her cut boiled down to K & J having had enough. Plenty of other cheerleaders in the past have partied and a head was always turned the other way. But Chelsea likely partied and then come to find out she's talking trash about what she was just told in the privacy of Kelli's office?  I'd cut her ass too just for the disrespect she showed and informed her to go ahead allow the door to hit her on the ass on her way out of Valley Ranch. Chelsea forgot that she's wasn't just a cheerleader, she was an employee and she absolutely forgot her place. 

giphy.gif

Ha! YES! Chelsea was real REAL proud of herself. K, K & J, not so much LOL. Wonder if she attends alumni events....

• Love 4

Chelsea shot herself in the foot when she overshot with her mouth. Talking got her on the squad and it got her kicked off because she didn't zip it after she left the office. To do that within Kitty's earshot was the last straw. So when she came in with her "I saw my friends hurting" bs, it rang totally false. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Courtney Cook was thirstiest than Jenna and Holly combined, plus she was not a good dancer. There was a BCA performance on YouTube where she actually does the wrong turn in the middle of a formation where they're in straight lines across the field. I don't remember exactly if she jeted right when everyone else went left, but I remember it being really obvious. Lots of sync issues too. I remember feeling like she was just a mess and that Judy was going to scream. 

What year is that video? Do you have a link to it?

13 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

I hope they have a segment on how they girls prepare and recover from practice on the show.They show some girls getting cryo therapy and here Chantel is getting an infusion. (I happen to be getting my infusions this week so I feel like a kindred spirit) This would be an interesting way to show how these girls are truly athletes and how they go through some of the same things the football players do for muscle recovery.

DCYSdNaVwAAeYnJ.jpg

What on earth do they need infusions for?

(edited)

They get hydro massages, cryo therapy and infusions. Such is life. They probably need them for an energy boost or to keep them hydrated.

Edited by heatherrrrz
12 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

I can understand the massages and cryo therapy but I can't understand the need for infusions lol. We'd only give infusions for hydration to patients who couldn't drink for some reason.

I believe this is not just something for hydration like we have in the hospital but have vitamins etc.  Holistic medicine people use infusions all the time with certain vitamins etc

12 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I think that you can't use the excuse that she was dehydrated etc due to trying to fit into the uniform.  It wasn't a surprise that she would need to fit into the uniform so why wait to the last minute?  As a health professional, I didn't find that an appropriate reason.

She may have been trying to lose weight at since the beginning of TC, and trying to lose the weight slowly took a bad turn health wise. To be honest about it, I would believe her sister's version of what was really going on behind the scenes then a carefully edited cut version on the show. I think they edit a certain way to make Kelli and Judy's decision to cut girls look right by making the girls look bad. Her sister said Amy was nervous, the scene was longer, and she did say more. I have noticed certain girls get better editing in their cut scenes than other girls especially the ones who Kelli and/or Charlotte really like.

(edited)

My apparently unpopular opinion.  I LOVE Jenna!  I think she's cute as a button, dances with lots of pop, has great facial expressions, not too sexy but sexy nonetheless.  I would LOVE to see her at point and I think she's been a great ambassador for DCC.  I don't see her as thirsty.  I want my DCC to be cute, a fun dancer and a great ambassador.  I don't follow anyone on social media so I just see what's posted here. But even so, I just don't see a problem.  I love her dancing. It's fun and she gives it to you.

UO #2, I LOVE Holly. I personally have no problem with her attitude while dancing, the sexiness, the confidence. I want my DCC to give me all she's got when she dances.  I wish I were that confident at her age.  If more young women had Holly's confidence and take no prisoner's attitude, they could save themselves a lot of pain and heartache.  She always captivates me when she dances.  She will always give you your money's worth.  She'll never slack off. I say good for her.  Do your thing!

Never got the Courtney Cook love either. She's cute and all and seems like a great person, but her dancing underwhelmed me.  I loved her curls though but think some color would have looked a lot better. The blond seemed too blond. 

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What year is that video? Do you have a link to it?

I'll have to go digging and somebody may find it faster, but it's when they had the Minnie Mouse dresses, and she was only there for a couple of years. She's off her lines, does the wrong turn, and it's pretty obvious. I'm sure other girls made mistakes in a really lengthy routine, too, but that curly hair makes it stand out more.

1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

My apparently unpopular opinion.  I LOVE Jenna!  I think she's cute as a button, dances with lots of pop, has great facial expressions, not too sexy but sexy nonetheless.  I would LOVE to see her at point and I think she's been a great ambassador for DCC.  I don't see her as thirsty.  I want my DCC to be cute, a fun dancer and a great ambassador.  I don't follow anyone on social media so I just see what's posted here. But even so, I just don't see a problem.  I love her dancing. It's fun and she gives it to you.

UO #2, I LOVE Holly. I personally have no problem with her attitude while dancing, the sexiness, the confidence. I want my DCC to give me all she's got when she dances.  I wish I were that confident at her age.  If more young women had Holly's confidence and take no prisoner's attitude, they could save themselves a lot of pain and heartache.  She always captivates me when she dances.  She will always give you your money's worth.  She'll never slack off. I say good for her.  Do your thing!

Never got the Courtney Cook love either. She's cute and all and seems like a great person, but her dancing underwhelmed me.  I loved her curls though but think some color would have looked a lot better. The blond seemed too blond. 

Are you me?!!?! omg I love Jenna too, she does come off as thirsty but hey I kinda like it lol

I know I sound hard on Courtney Cook, and I don't think she's a bad person or anything. I feel bad for picking at her today, and I hope she's very happy with her life now. I think part of the annoyance is the same with Chelsea, Viv, etc. (although I DO NOT THINK FOR ONE SECOND Courtney was fake or manipulative, just way too much), when Kelli gets enamored with a girls who aren't the best dancers or have some 'unique' story line, and she gushes over them. She was the same with Danielle and Jasmine, Madeline, Abigail Klein, Brooke, maybe Makenzie, but those girls pulled it together with their various issues and weren't fake. Well except for Jasmine, who ended up being cut. Kelli acting like Courtney died was so over the top, that it made me just really wonder WHY? Was Courtney that popular? Would she have been another one Kelli 'turned on' after another year?

40 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know I sound hard on Courtney Cook, and I don't think she's a bad person or anything. I feel bad for picking at her today, and I hope she's very happy with her life now. I think part of the annoyance is the same with Chelsea, Viv, etc. (although I DO NOT THINK FOR ONE SECOND Courtney was fake or manipulative, just way too much), when Kelli gets enamored with a girls who aren't the best dancers or have some 'unique' story line, and she gushes over them. She was the same with Danielle and Jasmine, Madeline, Abigail Klein, Brooke, maybe Makenzie, but those girls pulled it together with their various issues and weren't fake. Well except for Jasmine, who ended up being cut. Kelli acting like Courtney died was so over the top, that it made me just really wonder WHY? Was Courtney that popular? Would she have been another one Kelli 'turned on' after another year?

The way CMT presented the Courtney issue is where I get upset; I think that yeah, people would have noticed if she disappeared because she was featured a lot and a fan favorite, but they tried to make it this big dramatic plot point, at her expense. They tried to even interview other DCC about it for the episode and they ALL refused because hello, this is a real girl struggling - their teammate and friend - not a prop for drama.  Without details into her personal life, Courtney struggled from the pressure, started spiraling and good for her and her family for taking action.  Kelli came across a bit over the top in that scene but I honestly think Kelli was genuinely upset about it all.  She DID obviously really like Courtney and I think she felt terrible about what happened. I wish she could/would have put her foot down on addressing it like they did. 

So many of these girls come in straight out of high school, but unlike a college atmosphere where you have counselors, etc. they don't have that with the DCC.  Please don't think I'm blaming the DCC for stuff like what happened with Courtney; obviously some girls handle it fine and it's certainly no secret that being a DCC *is* a lot of pressure.  You are expected to be world class, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they expect you to stick to standards (or go "beyond" lol).  But I also think it's hard for girls straight out of HS to comprehend what all it entails and how emotionally taxing it can be.  i think back to being 18, graduating, small town girl, and how freaking overwhelmed I would have been to get into DCC training camp! 

Just my 2 cents. And for the record, I adore Courtney.  She was one of my favorites; hyper, yes, but very genuine. And on that note, I also can't fault Kelli for having 'favorites'; I think we'd love for it to be equal across the board for everyone but Kelli is only human.  There are going to be girls she clicks with/sees herself in/etc. and that makes it hard to be objective, I get it. 

• Love 11

I thought Courtney was high-maintenance and spoiled.  If I had only wanted to eat white foods, my mom would have told me to learn to cook and bake for myself.  I think there were issues long before she moved to Texas.

I thought Viv and Chelsea were fake and manipulative.

I like Nicole, but think the whole thing with the nutritionist dropping by was a lot of drama.  I mean, would the girls really be ok with CMT just dropping by and invading their privacy without their permission?  And unpopular opinion, but I think the nutritionist was right to call her out for surviving on juices and protein bars. 

• Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Courtney was high-maintenance and spoiled.  If I had only wanted to eat white foods, my mom would have told me to learn to cook and bake for myself.  I think there were issues long before she moved to Texas.

I thought Viv and Chelsea were fake and manipulative.

I like Nicole, but think the whole thing with the nutritionist dropping by was a lot of drama.  I mean, would the girls really be ok with CMT just dropping by and invading their privacy without their permission?  And unpopular opinion, but I think the nutritionist was right to call her out for surviving on juices and protein bars. 

I agree with all of this - except sometimes picky eaters have anxiety or OCD probs, and I know we all have a varying opinions on faves, personalities, etc., but Nicole seemed very honest and not DCC rehearsed in that 'don't go into Hooters' clip. I'd rather see that than the super rehearsed, robot statements. 

BCA Performance This is one of the clips where Court is off. Around the 3:30 mark they start an overhead where she's off her line, and then they do a turn where she's not doing the same thing. I can't tell if she's turning late, or doing something else, but it's off. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 1

Speaking of which, after watching the video, Courtney was not the only one off a little. And another unpopular opinion, but I was not impressed with the BCA routine at all. Yes, they have changed the beginning, but to me, it is the small ole wash, lather, rinse, repeat.

The nutritionist was the same one who said people get cellulite from drinking soda, so anything she said I take with a grain of salt (unless the grain of salt causes cellulite.) And too bad Kelli did not show the same kindness and consideration for other veterans like Kaitlyn LeGrand because the way she was portrayed on the show in Season 6, imo, was totally uncalled for. I love the rumor going around about Amy Reese getting a lawyer to stop her cut scene from being shown. Yes, I understand drama equals ratings, but to use a girl like that is unprofessional. I bet dollars to donuts, Cassie or another Kelli and Charlotte favorite would not have been shown a certain way if she was having some serious problems affecting her DCC career.

I'm sure there were others off, and I wasn't looking for Courtney specifically first time I watched, but Judy is right, when you see somebody not hitting their lines on an overhead camera, you tend to be drawn to what's out of order for the rest of the performance. For me that was Courtney in this performance. I bet there was some screaming after Judy reviewed this one.

I dunno, i think a lot of the girls look great in this clip...Cassie for one! and notice how nice it is to have someone tall like Lauren Williams behind the point - you could actually see her (unlike with Erica where she disappears) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

IS KHALYN REAL THO  *hearteyes* 

(can't just share her pic, it's all of them in slideshow) 

Oh my god Khalyn. I mean, seriously. I can't stop looking at her.

• Love 7

"Time to bring out the bikinis!" when Khalyn is wearing a one piece? Did Sarah G caption this? (Yeah, I see the other three are in bikinis)

Khalyn just looks way more high fashion than these other girls. She looks like a real model, not a cheerleader in a swimsuit. I love her.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Oh my god Khalyn. I mean, seriously. I can't stop looking at her.

Also, can I say, you know I'm always lovin on the black girls, because I love that they're represented but I WISH WISH WISH they'd let her hair go natural!! That said, I love that they are showing the beauty of her complexion and tone, rather than trying to lighten her up. Let that skin SHOW! 

I think that suit would be horrible on anyone but her. The color, the deep plunge, it's just absolutely stunning. I went back and looked at it AGAIN. Stalk much?

@LadyMsJay you and I have talked about this subject, don't you think Khalyn could pull off natural? Do we think this is a weave that she's got now? DANG she'd look good with some Diana Ross curls. Sorry, I'm old.

• Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

You have to scroll through. When your heart stops, you've reached Khalyn ;-)

Chantel looks great, Jinelle does nothing for me, Cersten looks like she is shitting on a rock, Khalyn is giving us ANTM Realness

*i am a cersten fan, just not digging this pose!

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

if you hover over pic (middle right of pic) a little arrow pops up - that lets you click thru pics in the slide show :) 

Thanks!  I like all the suits and pics. But yeah, Khalyn is serving it.  Those colors and patterns are great against her skin. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

Chantel looks great, Jinelle does nothing for me, Cersten looks like she is shitting on a rock, Khalyn is giving us ANTM Realness

I think Cersten is a beautiful smart lady and she has the cutest flirt thing going on. I don't like the pose as much but it's fine. I always loved Chantel as naturally curly big long hair girl myself. Having naturally curly hair has to be tough to manage if they they wanted you to keep it straightened which takes a long time and if it's raining or humid,  bye bye straight, hello frizz and curls. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jaxratchet said:

giphy.gif

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-40411/

Here is an interesting article Kelli gave to TV Guide a while back. 

OMG

Are you there Kelli, it's me, Moni! DO YOUR HAIR LIKE THIS PICTURE AGAIN! It's SO cute!! Young, modern, hip, super sexy, sassy, non-momish!!

I like Kelli's hair but I wanna mess it up or something. It's too old lady mom. She's BETTER than that! I think she looks better with a cropped do. It's sassy like her.

Now I have to mention something relevant to this thread topic so I don't get banned. Um, Cersten is pretty. And I hope she doesn't get cut.

There.

On 6/21/2017 at 7:40 AM, crazydegulady said:

I can understand the massages and cryo therapy but I can't understand the need for infusions lol. We'd only give infusions for hydration to patients who couldn't drink for some reason.

OMG YOUR PIC!!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG

Are you there Kelli, it's me, Moni! DO YOUR HAIR LIKE THIS PICTURE AGAIN! It's SO cute!! Young, modern, hip, super sexy, sassy, non-momish!!

I like Kelli's hair but I wanna mess it up or something. It's too old lady mom. She's BETTER than that! I think she looks better with a cropped do. It's sassy like her.

Now I have to mention something relevant to this thread topic so I don't get banned. Um, Cersten is pretty. And I hope she doesn't get cut.

There.

OMG YOUR PIC!!

?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

giphy.gif

Thanks, I wasn't planning on peeing my pants at work today, but unpredictability is the spice of life, right?

6 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

STOP. I. CAN'T.

4 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

giphy.gif

This thread is giving me life today. That skit makes me laugh until I'm verging on comatose. Gilda in general really.

RQTQXUF.gif

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG YOUR PIC!!

I'm dying. Amazing avatar @crazydegulady. Welcome to the club!

Sorry guys, four quotes in one post is too many. I gotta go.

• Love 4