Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 6/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, MrsEVH said:

That's the clip that's "supposedly" shows Loni Lindsey leaving the field just before the kick line. If you watch @ 1:05 you see someone running off the field in the upper right corner. The video says it's from 2007 which is the year she was a rookie.

That's the circle opening up to the kickline....no one running off. 

• Love 2
On 6/11/2017 at 4:49 AM, dreamcatcher said:

As a non native speaker, english is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. 

Not to get off topic but this is really interesting because I've always heard the opposite - that English is notoriously difficult for non-native speakers to learn. I'll take your word for it though. Probably my biggest regret from school is that I never took my foreign language classes seriously enough. It was just to get my course credit - real mistake in hindsight IMO. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 06/11/2017 at 4:13 PM, ahndreeeah said:

i've been rewatching season 11 (it's a colder, dreary morning and I don't want to get up just yet) and I'm curious - does Tasha have any other expressions beside this half-smirk thing she does?  And if this is how she presented herself, hunched over and smirky, no wonder some other girls rated higher than her during tryouts.  J+K have repeatedly said they want BIG BOLD PERFORMERS.... this doesn't strike me as big and bold.  

Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful.... both inside an out....  the smirk just irks.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.07.07 AM.png

I thought the exact same thing when I saw her at auditions.. She actually has an amazing smile when she does smile and that smirk looks a bit like she's hiding something. She is still very glamorous though!!

34 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Not to get off topic but this is really interesting because I've always heard the opposite - that English is notoriously difficult for non-native speakers to learn. I'll take your word for it though. Probably my biggest regret from school is that I never took my foreign language classes seriously enough. It was just to get my course credit - real mistake in hindsight IMO. 

Greek, Bulgarian, Russian... Just a few harder to learn than English.. Saying it as someone native in one of those and tried to learn the other two.. :D

Edited by LurkingFan
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, LurkingFan said:

Greek, Bulgarian, Russian... Just a few harder to learn than English.. Saying it as someone native in one of those and tried to learn the other two.. :D

Agree on the Russian and will raise a Scandinavian language like Swedish. Both of which I am trying to learn and failing miserably at both. 

• Love 1
On 6/11/2017 at 8:13 AM, ahndreeeah said:

Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful.... both inside an out....  the smirk just irks.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.07.07 AM.png

It doesn't look like a smirk to me, just a closed mouth sort of half-smile. A smirk implies smugness or conceit and I don't read either of those in her expression. I can't imagine she'd feel arrogant about anything in that moment, knowing every flaw is being projected in all it's HD, widescreen glory.

• Love 2
On 6/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, RhiRhi said:

Exactly, I should say I think this kicker was being aggressive about it for no reason and didn't need to be in that exact spot.  

He behaved like a schoolyard bully, who is bullying the pretty girls because they don't like him.

• Love 5
On 6/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, LadyMsJay said:

Wowwwww. That was quite disrespectful. He didn't have to toss the poms and run into them while they were performing.

Why was he allowed to get so close to the girls in the first place?  He had the whole rest of the field!  What a D-bag.  You would think the Cowboys would not allow this to happen to their cheerleaders.  Guess they don't care as long as that are making money off them.  Very sad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

He behaved like a schoolyard bully, who is bullying the pretty girls because they don't like him.

That's EXACTLY what I thought!  Unfortunately there are people out there who hate beautiful women and are downright nasty to them.  Clearly this guy is one of them. 

• Love 3

If anyone has 1 1/2 hours to kill check out this old made for tv fictional movie about the cheerleaders. The funny thing is a lot of the audition process still hold true today. Love the line..show me you best disco moves for the free style dance;) '79 was the year before Judy was on the team and after Kitty. They have actual footage of the cheerleaders at the end. The pom moms have gotten smaller as well as the uniform but the spirit is still the same. FYI there is some pretty campy acting in the movie. The actress who played Julie from LoveBoat plays the lead.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

If anyone has 1 1/2 hours to kill check out this old made for tv fictional movie about the cheerleaders. The funny thing is a lot of the audition process still hold true today. Love the line..show me you best disco moves for the free style dance;) '79 was the year before Judy was on the team and after Kitty. They have actual footage of the cheerleaders at the end. The pom moms have gotten smaller as well as the uniform but the spirit is still the same. FYI there is some pretty campy acting in the movie. The actress who played Julie from LoveBoat plays the lead.

The actual squad was in this movie all throughout. Like the veterans were looking at the 1st day of auditions. And if you remember season 9, I think, well there were some of the earlier year vets in the fashion show, Genie I think was the second one that walked, well in the movie she was announced in the calling of ladies and I saw a brief view of a girl running up, and who can forget Tammy Barber with the ponytails. It's really wild to see Texas Stadium in its infancy.

5 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

The actual squad was in this movie all throughout. Like the veterans were looking at the 1st day of auditions. And if you remember season 9, I think, well there were some of the earlier year vets in the fashion show, Genie I think was the second one that walked, well in the movie she was announced in the calling of ladies and I saw a brief view of a girl running up, and who can forget Tammy Barber with the ponytails. It's really wild to see Texas Stadium in its infancy.

I thought they may have been members of the team. I love how the entrance from the tunnel still has the same arm motion. ACDC had not written Thunderstruck yet.....Though I do remember "disco dancing" while I was in high school;)

I was wondering who that was with the ponytails...she looked familiar but I did not remember her name. Didn't Judy rock those as well? 

I may be showing my age, but I remember seeing the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders on tv when I was a kid. But, there was no high def tv going on then!

42 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I may be showing my age, but I remember seeing the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders on tv when I was a kid. But, there was no high def tv going on then!

Then allow me to show my age...I remember when they used to dance to "elevator music" versions of popular songs during games!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Haha I can almost hear the horn section doing Irene Cara's "Fame" :)

OMG HORRIBLE! I remember watching them on Love Boat too, the generic instrumental stylings of the Love Boat stock players. How could they dance to that shit? And I don't know if they still do it, but they made them audition to "If my friends could see me now" sung by like, Kathie Lee Gifford or some shit. EMBARRASSING!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Lets refresh our brains more recent DCC. Choreo by Michelle Keys (looks a little different than when she taught it on the show)

She probably choreographed multiple routines. Handclap is my favorite. I LOVE the Santa uniforms! ???

• Love 6

I think she did choreograph multiple routines. My favorite is the one she choreographed for ayo. The one she taught on the show didn't look like handclap either, I've never seen the choreo for that dance. 

15 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think she did choreograph multiple routines. My favorite is the one she choreographed for ayo. The one she taught on the show didn't look like handclap either, I've never seen the choreo for that dance. 

I think she did have handclap on the show cause I remember the girls in the line and then doing that twisting move and that's definitely from hand clap

Just catching up to this thread, and clicked the youtube of the old movie. This shot had me laughing. You can tell this was before the health-craze of the 80s -- all that bread, no water and no fruit.

1.png

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

This is when she taught it in July 2016  

This is a smaller version from an appearance in September 2016. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Java said:

Just catching up to this thread, and clicked the youtube of the old movie. This shot had me laughing. You can tell this was before the health-craze of the 80s -- all that bread, no water and no fruit.

1.png

The 80s, though, was all about low fat. Bread was fine, butter was the no-no.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The 80s, though, was all about low fat. Bread was fine, butter was the no-no.

Here put that half an avocado down and, have a box of snackwells cookies instead.

• Love 3
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

Here put that half an avocado down and, have a box of snackwells cookies instead.

Oh they're fat free, I can have a whole box!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think she did have handclap on the show cause I remember the girls in the line and then doing that twisting move and that's definitely from hand clap

Yeah that twisting move looked like the one from handclap, but that was the only part that looked like handclap.  They were also in a circle and rolling on the floor and that's not in handclap, unless they pasted two different dances together like they sometimes do. They also change the choreo during the season if needed, like they did with ayo

Edited by LaurelleJ
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yeah that twisting move looked like the one from handclap, but that was the only part that looked like handclap.  They were also in a circle and rolling on the floor and that's not in handclap, unless they pasted two different dances together like they sometimes do. They also change the choreo during the season if needed, like they did with ayo

This is exactly the routine she taught on the show. Trust me I am definitely an avid routine observer.   The part on the show shows much of the same steps here. Michelle likely had some other steps that they left out of the final product. Let's ask @ShellyB Here is the same dance from a different video and from the beginning.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

This is exactly the routine she taught on the show. Trust me I am definitely an avid routine observer.   The part on the show shows much of the same steps here. Michelle likely had some other steps that they left out of the final product. Let's ask @ShellyB Here is the same dance from a different video and from the beginning.

She taught both dances and group leaders revised Can't Stop The Feeling. I'm sure they used steps from Handclap. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

They did a sequel.....i may be wrong but Judy was on the team in 1980. I believe I saw her in the kickline a few spots from the right side. 

I didn't see Judy in this clip, but  the blonde with pigtails was Tammy Barber

i don't know if Judy was in this one because I have never seen it, but if it Aired in 1980, they would've probably filmed it before Judy made the team. 

Edited by Jaxratchet

I'm new to this site but have been a fan for years! How different I am shocked me! 

1. I never found kelsey THAT pretty. She is okay. Her swimsuit photos look amazing though 

2. Sydney Durso is my favorite DCC

3. Nicole Bulcher was the prettiest DCC ever

4. I never got the hype of Britney Schram. She seemed like a normal dcc to me.

5. There's something about holly that sets me off. Like she's cocky without being cocky

6. Tasha is gorgeous but her teeth are wierd

7. I never found Heather O attractive. She has a weird nose

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Realityfan27 said:

I'm new to this site but have been a fan for years! How different I am shocked me! 

1. I never found kelsey THAT pretty. She is okay. Her swimsuit photos look amazing though 

5. There's something about holly that sets me off. Like she's cocky without being cocky

Holy crap, are you me?  With the exception of #2, mainly because I'm Sydney neutral (leaning more toward like than dislike), I agree with every single one of your points!

• Love 3

I agree with number 1, 4, 6 and 7. Sydney did rub me the wrong way in her last few seasons on the squad. I did like Britney at first, but she started to bug me in her last few years on the squad. I do not see what is so great about Kelsey. She does not say DCC to me. Is Heather O. the one who was cut at finals? I also do not find what is so great about Madeline and a few other DCCs. Tasha looks fake and plastic to me. She reminds me of the one sister from Season 4 who left for her pageant duties after being called into the office by Kelli and Judy for being plastic and mannequin like.

I have two questions..

1. What is the name of this stupid ridiculous song?

2. When he asks her If he could have one, why didn't she just say, " Yes babe,  just stop on the way home so I can pick up some cowboy boots and poms and who needs the outfit.!!!"

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree with number 1, 4, 6 and 7. Sydney did rub me the wrong way in her last few seasons on the squad. I did like Britney at first, but she started to bug me in her last few years on the squad. I do not see what is so great about Kelsey. She does not say DCC to me. Is Heather O. the one who was cut at finals? I also do not find what is so great about Madeline and a few other DCCs. Tasha looks fake and plastic to me. She reminds me of the one sister from Season 4 who left for her pageant duties after being called into the office by Kelli and Judy for being plastic and mannequin like.

Heather H was cut. Heather O is the blonde one that was in the Melissa segment.

7 hours ago, Realityfan27 said:

giphy.gif

Just kidding. I'm not really.

• Love 6

I don't think anyone posted this last year, but this is a really good video of when show group was invited to perform with Kacey Musgraves. She's wearing the boots that K&J gave her too.

12 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Brittany Schram made me laugh.  She had a great sense of humor and made great camera faces.

I know! I did hate the open mouth thing but she stopped that. She was one of my faves. Just goes to show you, we all have our faves! Like, Bulcher was gorg but definitely not one of my faves. Different strokes!

9 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I have two questions..

1. What is the name of this stupid ridiculous song?

2. When he asks her If he could have one, why didn't she just say, " Yes babe,  just stop on the way home so I can pick up some cowboy boots and poms and who needs the outfit.!!!"

Starstruckk by 3OH!3

It wouldn't let me copy just the third pic in the post so you get the beauty shot first, but Kelsey got walloped by a wave and Brodie (her man) just kept snapping pics ??

They seem super cute as a couple, just ridiculous and silly, and I like her sense of humor even more than her beauty. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Does anyone know the me of this song?  It's also in a Pringles commercial. 

This my all-time favorite routine. Hand Clap is 2nd. 

I think it's called "percussion"

it sounds like A mash of several different songs.  "Come on put your name on it"  sounds like a sample of Rihanna's "birthday cake" 

Edited by mcmrdh
Added some birthday cake
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Does anyone know the me of this song?  It's also in a Pringles commercial. 

This my all-time favorite routine. Hand Clap is 2nd. 

That was so much fun to watch! They look like they are really enjoying themselves!

• Love 2
On 6/15/2017 at 7:46 AM, Realityfan27 said:

I agree on 3 100%!! Amazing person. She is one of my favorite DCCs.

I am basically a Sydney liker. She never was someone I didn't care for. She's a business woman, seems sweet and gracious. Not my fave, but I like her.

5 yes! I feel bad because she's pretty and sweet and great dancer. I feel like it's going to come out she eats kittens for breakfast someday. 

6 Tasha looks like a Barbie, but when she was on the beach looked loads better. Less is more with her.

7 I didn't know who Heather O was. She got roy and I was like, huh?

my UO is that Kelli Q needs a haircut. I feel like that would take some age off her face. That TCC Miranda needs one, too. Her hair in the GL pics looks like witch hair. They've already had makeovers right?

12 hours ago, kalibean said:

It wouldn't let me copy just the third pic in the post so you get the beauty shot first, but Kelsey got walloped by a wave and Brodie (her man) just kept snapping pics ??

They seem super cute as a couple, just ridiculous and silly, and I like her sense of humor even more than her beauty. 

Kelsey for prez. DEFINITELY my top three from this squad.

• Love 7