Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Why are we assuming these girls are mean? Just because they like attention doesn't mean they are horrible people. Current DCC's and recently retired DCC's are 18-35. I'm sure they post modestly while a DCC as that is their portrayed image. But as soon as they retire, they can do/ post whatever they like. Most people LOVE Danielle but look at what she has posted now that she has retired. How is this anything different to what Jasmine has been posting (apart from the selling stuff on social media). 

They are just enjoying their lives and acting like a lot of other people their age do. Good on them for living it up. 

I can imagine Jenna being like this x 100000 after she retires. 

• Love 4

Danielle and Jasmine were definitely a little 'wilder' or maybe just freer when they came from NYC. Remember Kelli being horrified that Danielle wanted to get a job as a cocktail waitress? Those two, and I'm sure others, have probably had to really tone it down and be careful just to not be photographed with a cocktail or dancing in clubs, not even being raunchy or gross. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Annette said:

I don't reside in Texas so, I know none of these women personally.  I am a fan of dance having been a dancer in my youth.  

The realities of the DCC is that the organization has decided to promote their product via the "Making the Team" series.  I have watched for years.  Both Judy & Kelli frequently discuss weight, beauty, etc. 

Anyone whose ever danced professionally knows the realities of this business.  It can be brutal, period.

The DCC administration are obviously aware of our site.  If anyone has a daughter who plans on auditioning, they will be judged.  If they get filmed for the show guess what...judging will happen.  The huge screen has made it much harder for diverse body types to make this team.  Literally everything is seen.  I can personally think of several former DCC who wouldn't make the team based on their figures & their dance ability. The quality of dancer is higher and so is the overall "look".

I have mentioned my feelings about Amy T's hips.  I have mentioned Megan's weight gain.  I have discussed Holly's rookie weight & certainly her subsequent firming up.

I am not changing how I judge these ladies since K & J certainly don't.  If I see a granny face or thunder thighs, I am calling them out! How many gorgeous women had legs too short to wear the boots?  Let's get real!

No one wants/delights in being mean.  If a woman with DCC familial ties is thicker or softer or has heavier legs than the women directly on either side of her....I'm gonna notice & I'm gonna mention it.  Otherwise we are simply propagating hypocrisy.  

I was here during the "Cassie favoritism" period of time.  I thought she initially earned those boots by the skin of her teeth.  The 5th year was "a gift".  She couldn't perform (knee) but had the connections to earn a final go round.  I feel it cost the team from a term of fairness.  Life isn't fair tho & politically speaking "Cassie was connected".

I feel bad for the daughters of former DCC. They truly can't win!  Still - we exist because the organization chose to have a televised show.  I have seen photos of the woman in question.  She has a pretty face & appears to have training.  If her body doesn't cut it....bringing her in will be painful...as in painfully obvious that favoritism trumps appearance when it comes to to DCC "family".

I am so excited for this upcoming season; especially since it has been extended to 13 episodes.  Once the final rookies are named, all bets are off.  I'm judging & I hope that everyone here does the same!  

Annette, this is so well put.  I think Dayton is absolutely beautiful and a talented dancer, and she appears to live and breathe DCC, so I truly hope she makes the team, if not this year then next.  I also really appreciate that her mother, former DCC Shelly, joins us on these boards to answer our questions.

However, as you say, we comment on every woman who auditions, TCC, and current or former DCC on these threads -- and often rather harshly.  I truly wish that Dayton, and the other young women like her, did not have to be subjected to any stranger's observations or criticism; but if someone on this forum has an opinion they are free to express it regarding any candidate, even those we feel closer to and want to protect.

• Love 4

i don't think anyone said these girls are mean or anything. I'm only saying that not all of them are complete angels, whether that means there are mean girls, self-centered girls, those who hate the whole yes ma'am mentality (which I guess would be a struggle for girls like Danielle and Jasmine coming from NY and not being used to this) etc. i think this is normal and expected in such a large group. And I don't even see it as fake. If these girls need to be all about God, completely polite etc to keep their jobs, whether they truly mean it or not, it's fine. We all have to follow specific rules to keep our jobs and I'm sure we need to restrain ourselves too while on the job.

• Love 7

Who knows if any of these girls are malicious mean or wild and crazy. I didn't watch the Bachelor, so I can't even judge that. I do think, though, that far more of them would be on the party scene, cuss more, show more social media pics that weren't squeaky clean, etc., if they weren't required by contract to only present themselves as America's Sweethearts, who don't drink, swear, rat their hair, poop or frown.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Another possible unpopular opinion: I do not understand why Jasmine made the team. I am not surprise on how she is acting now since she was cut. I think the being a DCC went to her head, and she is riding on her five minutes of fame. Okay...now I wait for rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me. Please be careful of my back since I am going to physical therapy again for pain and stiffness.

No tomatoes from me, I couldn't agree more!

19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have a feeling Jasmine, and probably more girls than we realize, are more like Jasmine is now, and just mask it with the 'yes, ma'am, I'm just sweet little ole me who loves the Cowboys'  to make the team. 

This is ALWAYS how I viewed Jasmine.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:19 PM, bigskygirl said:

Another possible unpopular opinion: I do not understand why Jasmine made the team. I am not surprise on how she is acting now since she was cut. I think the being a DCC went to her head, and she is riding on her five minutes of fame. Okay...now I wait for rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me. Please be careful of my back since I am going to physical therapy again for pain and stiffness.

I don't see her "acting" a certain way. If anything, she was "acting" to fit the mold of everyone else while she was a DCC.

23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have a feeling Jasmine, and probably more girls than we realize, are more like Jasmine is now, and just mask it with the 'yes, ma'am, I'm just sweet little ole me who loves the Cowboys'  to make the team. 

This this this this this!

18 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Why are we assuming these girls are mean? Just because they like attention doesn't mean they are horrible people. Current DCC's and recently retired DCC's are 18-35. I'm sure they post modestly while a DCC as that is their portrayed image. But as soon as they retire, they can do/ post whatever they like. Most people LOVE Danielle but look at what she has posted now that she has retired. How is this anything different to what Jasmine has been posting (apart from the selling stuff on social media). 

They are just enjoying their lives and acting like a lot of other people their age do. Good on them for living it up. 

I can imagine Jenna being like this x 100000 after she retires. 

I really don't see anything wrong or different or anything that stands out with what she posted. Just looks like a basic post.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't see her "acting" a certain way. If anything, she was "acting" to fit the mold of everyone else while she was a DCC.

This this this this this!

I really don't see anything wrong or different or anything that stands out with what she posted. Just looks like a basic post.

Oh no sorry, that's what I meant. Danielle's post really isn't that bad, but Jasmine is getting called out for similar posts. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Oh no sorry, that's what I meant. Danielle's post really isn't that bad, but Jasmine is getting called out for similar posts. 

Danielle is there for a Bachelorette party. Jasmine was making club appearances at various different clubs. Not defending either way but the situations are different. 

• Love 2

I can't knock Jasmine for using her briefish window of Bachelor fame to make some decent money fast. Though personally I'm far more comfortable with club appearances than plastic surgery advertising!

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I totally agree. I think they all put on a "face" while at the job. I do it everyday because I need my job and my c-workers/boss do not need to know the after 5:00 p.m. me!! Sorry if I offend anyone with the next paragraph but....

Prime example, I follow K. Dunn on social media and we all know that she tried out for DCC a few times and presented herself as the sweet, smart, prom queen, Loving God person. True she may be all of those things but there is much more because you can't have the Good without the Bad. Anyway, on Cinco De Mayo she made a video on social media and she was out having a blast with her friends which I see nothing wrong with it, but she had one to many drinks and the things she said were not prom queen, loving God appropriate. I'm sure the next morning when she saw her video she had to be a bit embarrassed, but it was way too late at that point. 

I say all this to say, they are at the age to live their lives and have a blast. I know I did when I was there age. So there is no judgement from me. If I were Jasmine I would use my 15 minutes of fame too. However, I totally agree that the way she acted on the bachelor was odd, but I think that odd behavior is why bachelor nation will remember her. Right , wrong, or indifferent. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 6

It's not that there's anything wrong with what Jasmine is doing. I'd just kind of describe it as the Paris Hilton life. She's getting paid just to show up at clubs to "host," so essentially do nothing, instead of having a career. It's fine for now, but I just hope she doesn't go down the rabbit hole and try to spin this into a long term career (appearances, going on other reality shows, etc.). That's when it starts to get kind of tacky to me.

I wouldn't compare Jasmine's current lifestyle to Danielle's just because they both have a couple pictures in bathing suits. There's a difference between going to a bachelorette weekend with your friends and essentially making parties and clubs your life and your income.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

It's not that there's anything wrong with what Jasmine is doing. I'd just kind of describe it as the Paris Hilton life. She's getting paid just to show up at clubs to "host," so essentially do nothing, instead of having a career. It's fine for now, but I just hope she doesn't go down the rabbit hole and try to spin this into a long term career (appearances, going on other reality shows, etc.). That's when it starts to get kind of tacky to me.

I agree. I don't watch the Bachelor anymore, so I cannot comment on her behavior on the show, but I have no issue with her doing club appearances, etc. Its not like working fulltime 8-5 jobs is fun for most people. It's not. We do it to make a living. However, if she's getting paid to party in South Beach to the point where she doesn't have to work, then I ain't mad at her. With that said, hopefully she has a long term plan because fun as it may be for now, this will most likely be fleeting. 

• Love 6

I am very curious to know what jasmine has in mind for her future. She'll be 30 next month. That's an age when a lot of people are really getting invested in career/family. Jasmine seems to be drifting with the wind. There's nothing wrong with it, but it does make me wonder if she's that much of a free spirit or if she is really struggling to figure out her life.

• Love 2
(edited)

To change the subject back to the thread & away from the seemingly uncertain elephant in the room (I don't know that I really know what folks are/not talking about above), can I say that I am enjoying the veteran farewells on Twitter? I like that they're posting farewell letters, photo highlights, and starting to post those lovely videos where the retiring vets say goodbye. Jenn J's was the most eloquent so far, I think, but I love Jessica's too. I'm such a fan of both, and I thought they wrote the most charming and heartfelt retirement letters of the bunch. I haven't seen if they've posted videos for Amy T, Jax, Danielle, or Claire yet,but I certainly hope they do the same for everyone else who's leaving. 

OK, just scrolled down and saw the rest of the videos on the twitter page. Can I say how much I dislike the Cowboys website? It only shows some of the DCC videos, stories, and photos at a time and is not especially searchable or user friendly. ?

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Jennifer's letter was so beautifully written. It really shows how much the organization means to her

And she is so well-spoken too! I think they need to keep her around because at some point they need to start preparing for the day Judy and Kelli retire. Not that it's going to happen soon, but it's not like they can easily find somebody and just put them at their places. And they will need other people on the team who truly love the organization and well, Jenn is exactly what they need imo. And no, i won't stop fangirling over her.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I am very curious to know what jasmine has in mind for her future. She'll be 30 next month. That's an age when a lot of people are really getting invested in career/family. Jasmine seems to be drifting with the wind. There's nothing wrong with it, but it does make me wonder if she's that much of a free spirit or if she is really struggling to figure out her life.

I think that's why most of us are so put off by her at this point. She is too old for this. Obviously I don't mean that 30 is "old", but when it comes to building a career it is. Dcc counts as building a dance career so girls who want to teach dance etc are fine with being dccs up to their late 20s with side jobs and then they can easily find a teaching job as former dccs. Jasmine won't be able to keep this lifestyle going for much longer and she doesn't have experience to go into another field.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And she is so well-spoken too! I think they need to keep her around because at some point they need to start preparing for the day Judy and Kelli retire. Not that it's going to happen soon, but it's not like they can easily find somebody and just put them at their places. And they will need other people on the team who truly love the organization and well, Jenn is exactly what they need imo. And no, i won't stop fangirling over her.

Oh they are!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly I could totally see JennK and Brooke Sorensen (if she ever considered leaving the Dolphins) do amazing things with the DCC. 

• Love 2

I found this randomly. It's two interviews for Angie Vanderwalle, who was a DCC in 2001 and 2002. Both videos include the call out of the numbers for those who were chosen for training camp. In the 2001 video, they chose 39 people for training camp and in 2002 they chose 37. They didn't start the tv show until a few years later. So my guess is the tv show is when they started inflating the number of training camp candidates so they'd have more cuts. It's also interesting that in the 2001 video, all the girls were wearing leotards and then they next year, they were all wearing hot pants and crop tops.

Angela VanDeWalle: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Tryouts 2001

Angela VanDeWalle: Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Tryouts 2002

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Wonder if Mandy or Elizabeth were part of it.

Yes. The settlement covers Raiderettes who were on the team from 2010 to 2014, and both Bess and Mandy were on the squad during that period.

• Love 1

Perhaps an unpopular opinion.... but I'm not convinced of the value of being a DCC.  True, there is quite a bit of cultural capital in being a DCC.  But what about career wise?

In terms of landing a job as a choreographer or coach, I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of competition from other NFL as well as the NBA dancers.  So the advantage, while key, would be minimal.

In terms of launching into a modeling/acting career, it seems that being on a team of 36 would make it difficult for a woman to stand out.

And for those who want to take other avenues (such as graduate school), the time spent as a DCC seems to be a delay in starting their careers.

I've been following several on Instagram to see how their post DCC lives pan out.  Megan C did just land that coaching job. Nicole B opened a Bar Method franchise with her sister.  But they seem to be the exception.

What am I missing? Can someone enlighten me?

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, SignorinaMia said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion.... but I'm not convinced of the value of being a DCC.  True, there is quite a bit of cultural capital in being a DCC.  But what about career wise?

In terms of landing a job as a choreographer or coach, I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of competition from other NFL as well as the NBA dancers.  So the advantage, while key, would be minimal.

In terms of launching into a modeling/acting career, it seems that being on a team of 36 would make it difficult for a woman to stand out.

And for those who want to take other avenues (such as graduate school), the time spent as a DCC seems to be a delay in starting their careers.

I've been following several on Instagram to see how their post DCC lives pan out.  Megan C did just land that coaching job. Nicole B opened a Bar Method franchise with her sister.  But they seem to be the exception.

What am I missing? Can someone enlighten me?

When you love to dance, especially pond, etc., and it's a huge part of your life, you want to do it on a professional level. I don't think being a DCC should be a person's sole goal in life or their highest point, but if you can do it, then why not?

most of these girls tend to be in college, straight out of college, dance instructors, or otherwise at life stages where they can fit this in, so they go for it.

• Love 2

Some say being a DCC helps get your foot in the door in any number of ways. Of course it helps in the dance world. But whether you're applying to be a graphic artist, a mechanical engineer, a nurse, or a banker, if someone sees DCC on your resume, they'll be more interested in you as a candidate. More interested in you, period. Everybody wants to meet a DCC or say they have a DCC working for them.

Or so the story goes. It may even be true in that neck of the woods.

• Love 1

Anthony Ramos, judge and producer for access Hollywood, left a positive comment on one of hollys pics on instagram. The people who come through DCC land via cmt are very high profile. Prime opportunity for those who may want a career in entertainment. Also for people like Danielle who wanted to get into dance studios but don't know anyone, it provides the connections. For those who finish college and still want the joy of performing for sports while they are still young, dcc provides that opportunity.  

• Love 2

I agree with everyone else who says that being a DCC gives you high visbility in the entertainment industry.  It also opens you up to visibility in the NFL and other professional sports for a husband.  (I don't mean this in a patronizing way - I'm being real).  Plus, locally, being a DCC allows you to be known in the Dallas scene.  Rumor is they get plenty of stuff for free - not just the DCC sponsorship free stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Ante said:

I agree with everyone else who says that being a DCC gives you high visbility in the entertainment industry.  It also opens you up to visibility in the NFL and other professional sports for a husband.  (I don't mean this in a patronizing way - I'm being real).  Plus, locally, being a DCC allows you to be known in the Dallas scene.  Rumor is they get plenty of stuff for free - not just the DCC sponsorship free stuff.

1. Be a dcc 

2. Marry UP

3. Bear superior crotch fruit 

#goals #ShitI'mTooOldToDo

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5

I wanna see the following moments in snap o vision :

Chelsea saying they don't want dumb girls

Cassie and Allie going in for the kill on Taylor 

Kelli explaining her scoring system 

Judy screaming choreo cues (POINT YOUR TOES! BE PRETTY!) 

kitty's antics. Any of em. 

Weight talks 

Kaitlin Legrand's drug hazed traffic explanation. 

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I wanna see the following moments in snap o vision :

Chelsea saying they don't want dumb girls

Cassie and Allie going in for the kill on Taylor 

Kelli explaining her scoring system 

Judy screaming choreo cues (POINT YOUR TOES! BE PRETTY!) 

kitty's antics. Any of em. 

Weight talks 

Kaitlin Legrand's drug hazed traffic explanation. 

You can't forget: 

on the HD board where they talk crap about Little Miss Bring it on.

morgan's tribal solo 

amy Simone crying

Kyndall dancing in the bathroom

Bethany doing the creepy crab walk

Courtney Cook doing her signature bus cheer

Ika's "get that shit off your Facebook" 

the girls singing national anthem during show group auditions ?

Kelly's explanation as to why that is the song they audition haha

Vivian's poem "lucid dream" 

belk fashion show

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 6
Just now, Josreason said:

You can't forget: 

on the HD board where they talk crap about Little Miss Bring it on.

morgan's tribal solo 

amy Simone crying

Kyndall dancing in the bathroom

Bethany doing the creepy crab walk

Courtney Cook doing her signature bus cheer

Ika's "get that shit off your Facebook" 

the girls singing national anthem during show group auditions ?

Kelly's explanation as to why that is the song they audition haha

Vivian's poem "lucid dream" 

OMG all of these! LUCID DREAM!!! YAAASSS!!!!

I'm sorry but DCC says -"Hey y'all I can shake my ass in front of 100,000 screaming fans that don't know a damn thing about dance". It really does nothing for promoting any one of them as a serious professional dancer in the dance world.  For god sake, 99% of them don't even have proper technique.  If they are lucky they coach a dance team somewhere (Megan C, become choreographers (Michelle K) or best yet lol (The Bachelor) ???

• Love 1

Outside of Dallas and the competitive dance world, I don't think it means terribly much to be a DCC. It's nothing to sneeze at, but not like being an Olympian or Miss America. 

As for the dance world, the NYC Ballet probably isn't going to be impressed, but it's a working job, and can't hurt resumes for other dance work, teaching, coaching, etc.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

As for the dance world, the NYC Ballet probably isn't going to be impressed, but it's a working job, and can't hurt resumes for other dance work, teaching, coaching, etc.

I wonder that's actually true in LA/NYC though. There is so much talent in those areas, but you don't find those people clamoring to be professional cheerleaders. I get the impression that in those circles dancing on the sidelines for a sports team isn't that well respected. It's not particularly good dancing - doesn't require a lot of technical skill, or interpretive ability, the choreo isn't terribly inspired, and poms are, well...poms are for children. And rah-rah cheerleaders. And in the NFL especially, there's not that much actual performing involved, compared to a professional dancer who is working shows, pursuing gigs, stretching their abilities, and building their resumes. I think if I were hiring dancers, I'd choose someone who is out there performing a lot, and has demonstrated the ability to adapt to a number of situations and styles of dance, over someone who spent years as a cheerleader.

• Love 2