Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

This is TmZ, they're only going to post what they want readers to make of it. Same lane as their "Would You Rather" NFL edition a few weeks ago. I'd be super bummed if I were one of the girls featured. It's pretty much saying 'congrats, you look like something our sleazy male readers would like to fantasize about."

And for the love of all things holy, some take the lipstick away from Tasha. Less is more. 

3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Jesus christ. The fucking TASHA show. Underwhelming. Basic. Bad (BAD) taste. Narcissistic.  She's as inspiring as a wal mart mannequin, as original as a chain restaurant (Maggianos?) and her eyeballs are the only thing clogging the perfect vacuum inside the orb that is her skull. She's the tired old garage sale of cheerleaders and I think that, just as people create dual aliases for themselves online, Tasha is nothing more than a Kathy Dunn recycle. There aren't any pictures of them together are there?? And Kathy Dunn has supposedly moved to Colorado, right? I think that Kathy Dunn wakes up, slips into her Tasha skin suit, kisses her husband with the weird hair goodbye, snaps a few harlequin romance selfies and goes off to live her alternate life, happy as a dream.

Sorry. I had to make up for the mushiness of the true meaning of Christmas comment.

Don't hold back now.

(Seriously, I just cracked up.) Just remember, she has overcome many struggles, and it is all for her daughter.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

HAHA WTF why is every photo of her?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/12/18/dcc-buccaneers-vs-cowboys#403801

wish they would stop taking close ups of the girls mid kick, it's not attractive to see their shorts almost not covering themselves.

I just can't get over how hunched over some of those girls look as they kick, if they have to hunch over to kick that high then they're not kicking well and it can't be good for their bodies.

AND ugh more Tasha then I ever wanted to see in my life, though that shot of Maddie is adorable!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I just can't get over how hunched over some of those girls look as they kick, if they have to hunch over to kick that high then they're not kicking well and it can't be good for their bodies.

AND ugh more Tasha then I ever wanted to see in my life, though that shot of Maddie is adorable!

To me those aren't as bad as when Mia hunched for her kicks in her early years. Not sure if it was injury or just flexibility. Around 2:40-ish

10 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@Elizabeth9 that makes me happy that you said that :-). To see this family having this brazen, bold, outspoken amount of hope and activity and positivity just warms my cold, cynical heart like no other.

As corny as it is, it's kind of the intended meaning of Christmas to me. They were coming from a volunteer job they regularly attend, and then something HORRIBLE happened, and rather than getting mad at their god, or saying "I'll never help anyone again", what do they do? They become even MORE active and joyful and positive. I don't know why this touches me so much, but it really does. Sorry mods, I'm done with my Lifetime Christmas Special synopsis. Sniffle.

Girl, you've come so far since railing against crotch fruit. It's like I'm watching The Grinch and your heart grew three sizes ??? Oh, the holidays. Warm fuzzies all around, just like the Christmas uniforms of the girls! Loving all of their happy pictures on Instagram - what a great season to be a Cowboys fan. 

Edited to add that I wrote this before I read the stuff about Tasha and I laughed so hard. You are well balanced, my friend. It's all about the balance. 

Edited by kalibean
Because Tasha...
  • Love 4
On 12/19/2016 at 11:28 AM, cgloss said:

What?  She is not the only one on there.  She probably gets more attention because she is so beautiful.

Yep, I know a lot of people will hate me for saying that.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2016 at 4:38 PM, missmansfield said:

What?  She is not the only one on there.  She probably gets more attention because she is so beautiful.

Yep, I know a lot of people will hate me for saying that.

Never would I hate you for speaking your opinion BUT...that being said;

IMO - Tasha is the most artificial appearing DCC in recent memory.  I'm from Utah, & this "good"Mormon" has loads of baggage.  From her oddball hubby-wife photo spreads to "doing it for my daughter", girl is mighty full of shit.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Annette said:

Never would I hate you for speaking your opinion BUT...that being said;

IMO - Tasha is the most artificial appearing DCC in recent memory.  I'm from Utah, & this "good"Mormon" has loads of baggage.  From her oddball hubby-wife photo spreads to "doing it for my daughter", girl is mighty full of shit.

I have to say I agree, she comes across as very plastic in appearance and while I have no doubt she truly loves her little girl and  believe she loves her husband she's so "Please pay attention to me! Yes me! Pay attention to me!" in all of the pics and social media stuff, she's just begging for it. She doesn't seem to me to be as genuine as some of the other girls. I could be totally wrong and maybe it's all coming from a place of trying too hard.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I have to say I agree, she comes across as very plastic in appearance and while I have no doubt she truly loves her little girl and  believe she loves her husband she's so "Please pay attention to me! Yes me! Pay attention to me!" in all of the pics and social media stuff, she's just begging for it. She doesn't seem to me to be as genuine as some of the other girls. I could be totally wrong and maybe it's all coming from a place of trying too hard.

Plastic and mannequin like (what Kelli called Lacey Minchew)

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

The interview with Kelli Finglass is on wfaa in Dallas.  Search Kelli's name and look for the 5 part series of Hansen Interviews.  I could play all but part 3.  Interesting interview with items we have not hear before from Kelli including her daughter, her bucket list for the Cheerleaders etc.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

The interview with Kelli Finglass is on wfaa in Dallas.  Search Kelli's name and look for the 5 part series of Hansen Interviews.  I could play all but part 3.  Interesting interview with items we have not hear before from Kelli including her daughter, her bucket list for the Cheerleaders etc.

Thanks for posting this.  Here is the link: http://www.wfaa.com/features/hansen-interviews-kelli-finglass/376966598

I don’t know why they couldn’t just publish the interview in one video.  I don’t know if we are seeing all of it but this is what came up when I did a search on WFAA.  I sometimes wish Kelli could answer a question “off message” but she doesn’t.  Dale’s question about cheerleaders in trouble could have been a good question to answer in a more fun way but she didn’t go there. 

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

• Love 1
On 12/24/2016 at 8:07 PM, MrsEVH said:

Plastic and mannequin like (what Kelli called Lacey Minchew)

I can get where you're coming from on the surface (incredibly beautiful girls, both incredibly polished), but I've always liked Tasha very much, and not the Minchew girls.  For me, it's because Tasha comes across as very sweet and funny, and even while she is aware of her image and capitalizes on it I think that just makes her smart.  I will say I wish there was less "I'm doing this for my daughter," since that part did seem artificial to me, although in reality I think for her it isn't.  I feel like she may have just had really big dreams as a young girl and it was really discouraging for her when people would imply or say outright that she would never be capable of achieving them after becoming pregnant - I feel like when she talks about doing this for her daughter it's because she doesn't want her daughter to doubt herself as the result of other people's beliefs.  I also feel that she is making the point to herself, and maybe showing those people who discouraged her that they were wrong.  To which I say, good for her.

I wanted to like the Minchew girls and I thought they were very smart as well as beautiful and polished, but I definitely got a mean girl vibe and there was clearly quite a lot of arrogance there (at least in the way they were portrayed).  I'm hoping I'm mistaken in that, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth about them and I had even more appreciation for Judy afterwards in that I felt as though she was honoring the sacrifices of the girls who make training camp by calling out a girl who didn't respect those sacrifices appropriately.

• Love 4
On 12/25/2016 at 10:49 AM, PBSLover said:

Thanks for posting this.  Here is the link: http://www.wfaa.com/features/hansen-interviews-kelli-finglass/376966598

I don’t know why they couldn’t just publish the interview in one video.  I don’t know if we are seeing all of it but this is what came up when I did a search on WFAA.  I sometimes wish Kelli could answer a question “off message” but she doesn’t.  Dale’s question about cheerleaders in trouble could have been a good question to answer in a more fun way but she didn’t go there. 

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Thanks for posting & sharing. Always interesting to hear Kelli's point of view.  She's beautiful, smart & classy. I admire how she has grown this organization, definitely putting her own "stamp" on it. Enjoyed her bucket list items; getting the uniform into the Smithsonian. Interesting for sure.

I wish that a local stylist would work with Kelli. She is stunningly gorgeous with an enviable figure. I HATE...and I mean HATE the bandage dresses she's soooo fond of. Too tight, unflattering, fugly; WHY oh WHY does she INSIST on wearing them? Isn't there 1 single stylist in the Dallas Ft. Worth area who can dress this woman?!?

• Love 2
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

She should put a complaint into Kelli and Judy so that she gets a retroactive one /sarcasm

Hey, don't jinx it. They did retroactively give the DCC in the 60s and 70s pinky rings so don't encourage her. :P

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Hey, don't jinx it. They did retroactively give the DCC in the 60s and 70s pinky rings so don't encourage her. :P

Omg I definitely won't lol

Sarah's another one that just does not seem genuine. At all. In any sense of the word. Passive aggressive. She commented something on Lacey or Megan's(?) swimsuit photo like "omg I wish I had been allowed that much make up" maybe it's just the way it comes across via social media, but she just always seems so shitty with everything she writes haha 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Of course Sarah had to throw her two cents in there because she never got one. Cue eye roll.

Ha!

And not to pile on here (but I am piling on) but as far as I remember, Sarah’s photo never made any of the swimsuit calendars she modeled for.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Ha!

And not to pile on here (but I am piling on) but as far as I remember, Sarah’s photo never made any of the swimsuit calendars she modeled for.

Give me a shovel, I'll pile it on: 

No amount of makeup would've made that possible. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Give me a shovel, I'll pile it on: 

No amount of makeup would've made that possible. 

??? but so true... and no amount of makeup can fix her ugly personality.  Me thinks someone needs to move on from her glory days...

• Love 3

I never found Sara attractive when I started watching the show back in the day. She was sweet about how she encouraged Evan to make the team, but I felt back then that she must be an amazing dancer because she didn't have the DCC look (to me). Anyway, this just confirms for me that the inside matches the outside, and that, yes, she's clinging pretty hard to her glory days in those boots. And for the record, I think Mary is far more beautiful than Sara, inside and out, and would look way more smoking than Sara without makeup too. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

MAN! Is Sarah really that bad?? I mean, I have absolutely no anecdotal knowledge other than a couple of social media remarks that could either be complete bitchery or just thoughtlessness. Does anyone have any stories? I mean, not that I'm asking for anyone to prove it to me. I HATE it when I feel a certain way and people jump in with some bullshit "but do you know her"?! Fuck you. I don't need to know her. This is purely just me being nosey af. Thanks!!

I don't say much on here (love reading everything of course) but I felt the need to say I LOVE YOU!!! Seriously, I don't need to say much because you usually have it covered.

• Love 5

Also what's getting me is that this sounds like something the team itself came up with to recognize the squad leaders. Sooo maybe if Sarah's squad liked her more they would have thought of something like this. Although the statement about expecting her husband to buy her something to recognize a 5-year period of her life that's long past is way ickier. That's like me saying I want my husband to buy me flowers to commemorate getting all-conference honorable mention when I ran cross country in high school.

• Love 3

I just read the rest of the thread on Jenna's Instagram post about her leader ring.  Hilariously, or sadly, Misty Duncan also commented a couple times, saying she wants the same kind of ring to commemorate their time (as group leaders, I presume). Girl was talking multiple sapphires and diamonds, and suggested that if they "all" go to the jeweler together, maybe they'll get a good deal. Insert my eye roll here. Just go buy yourself a fucking ring. No need to be cheap about it, and no need to get it en mass. Just my opinion. 

I found Sydney's comment nice though, saying  congratulations to Jenna and the other leaders, she loves her own leader ring, and she's glad they have continued the new tradition. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I don't say much on here (love reading everything of course) but I felt the need to say I LOVE YOU!!! Seriously, I don't need to say much because you usually have it covered.

Amen, sister.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

MAN! Is Sarah really that bad?? I mean, I have absolutely no anecdotal knowledge other than a couple of social media remarks that could either be complete bitchery or just thoughtlessness. Does anyone have any stories? I mean, not that I'm asking for anyone to prove it to me. I HATE it when I feel a certain way and people jump in with some bullshit "but do you know her"?! Fuck you. I don't need to know her. This is purely just me being nosey af. Thanks!!

Actually, yes. She is very passive aggressive and bitchy toward other girls. Sarah is a very talented dancer, and a perfectionist, but she is indeed often snooty and bitchy. She's about on equal par with Ally Traylor.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Actually, yes. She is very passive aggressive and bitchy toward other girls. Sarah is a very talented dancer, and a perfectionist, but she is indeed often snooty and bitchy. She's about on equal par with Ally Traylor.

Maybe this is more for the former DCC thread, but man did Ally rub me the wrong way. I think it was when Kaitlyn LeGrand was MIA at practice, Kelli called Ally over and asked her where Kaitlyn was, and you could just tell Ally was their little pet who would rat out her teammates to suck up to them. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Maybe this is more for the former DCC thread, but man did Ally rub me the wrong way. I think it was when Kaitlyn LeGrand was MIA at practice, Kelli called Ally over and asked her where Kaitlyn was, and you could just tell Ally was their little pet who would rat out her teammates to suck up to them. 

I thought it was Nicole Bulcher who they pulled aside.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought it was Nicole Bulcher who they pulled aside.

They pulled Nicole aside the first time, when Kaitlin didn't show up to practice.  When Kaitlin came another time wearing wrong outfit, I believe that is when they pulled Ally over to ask her how she knew what outfit to wear that night and why Kaitlin was in wrong one. 

On 12/28/2016 at 8:22 AM, M1977G said:

I never found Sara attractive when I started watching the show back in the day. She was sweet about how she encouraged Evan to make the team, but I felt back then that she must be an amazing dancer because she didn't have the DCC look (to me). Anyway, this just confirms for me that the inside matches the outside, and that, yes, she's clinging pretty hard to her glory days in those boots. And for the record, I think Mary is far more beautiful than Sara, inside and out, and would look way more smoking than Sara without makeup too. 

Glad to see someone agrees with me on Sara.  God, her face is ugly and I can't stand her personality.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Ally and Sarah were bookends. They both were sourpusses. Cassie was a sourpuss too. I fucking hate the mean girl gang crap. Hate. Taylor may have been a flake and a little full of herself but she didn't deserve ally and Cassie to rip into her that way. ESPECIALLY CASSIE. My God. Such a hypocrite with her careless entitled recklessness. That girl has an entire wing of her house dedicated to storing the skeletons from her past. 

Hmmmmm...I think what offended me most in the Taylor thing was that everyone started piling on after Cassie said what she said with Kitty telling Taylor to ‘be quiet or shut up.’  I thought that was just cruel and showed something “not perfect" about the DCC sisterhood.

But your comment did make me wonder if Cassie had been doing this prior to the DCC. 

• Love 3

Did everyone see that it's Kelli's birthday today? Someone (who must not be named bc he's apparently a banned subject on here) tweeted at Judy asking how old Kelli was and that there was no way they were getting to the superbowl. So rude.

4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Ally and Sarah were bookends. They both were sourpusses. Cassie was a sourpuss too. I fucking hate the mean girl gang crap. Hate. Taylor may have been a flake and a little full of herself but she didn't deserve ally and Cassie to rip into her that way. ESPECIALLY CASSIE. My God. Such a hypocrite with her careless entitled recklessness. That girl has an entire wing of her house dedicated to storing the skeletons from her past. 

What bothered me the most about that incident isn't even what Cassie said, but from what I remember, she sat there with "I really don't want to say this, but I have something to say look" look that obviously intended to get Judy to ask her what was wrong. Odd that thats what bothered me, but it just seemed so childish. You're a group leader. If a girl is bragging about not practicing and then screwing up (or whatever it was), stand up and say it. I may have respected that, but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. Ally's "just say 'yes ma'am" was even more annoying. 

• Love 6

With the Taylor situation, do we have any evidence that what was said was true? The buildup from the show revealed that Taylor was late with her session with Ashton (one of my fav DCCs) and I remember that comment she made, something along the lines of just make sure you are always on time so they have no reason to be upset with you. My dramatic mind read between the lines and thought that it was actually Ashton who was upset with her. Ashton and Cassie are close, they were in each other's weddings, so it's possible that she and others overheard her saying these things. Since DCC is these girls' whole world, maybe that upset them. The way they went about it felt very shady, but Cassie was untouchable so she could definitely shoulder the blame. 

6 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

You have me very curious about her skeletons!  Please share!!!

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

With the Taylor situation, do we have any evidence that what was said was true? The buildup from the show revealed that Taylor was late with her session with Ashton (one of my fav DCCs) and I remember that comment she made, something along the lines of just make sure you are always on time so they have no reason to be upset with you. My dramatic mind read between the lines and thought that it was actually Ashton who was upset with her. Ashton and Cassie are close, they were in each other's weddings, so it's possible that she and others overheard her saying these things. Since DCC is these girls' whole world, maybe that upset them. The way they went about it felt very shady, but Cassie was untouchable so she could definitely shoulder the blame. 

You pick up on a lot, @LaurelleJ ! Yes, Taylor was trouble.  I say that as someone who liked her while watching that season (I still do - I think she is funny and quirky, just not DCC material), but there was definitely a lot going on that we were not shown by CMT.  Someone who was actually in training camp that summer told me that TCs are expected to arrive as early as possible before rehearsal to work with vets to get routines down and Taylor never took them seriously - she spent most of that time doing her hair and make up and saying she knew everything, when obviously she was still making a ton of mistakes and it was annoying to everyone who was legit working hard.  Right before the scene where Cassie calls Taylor out, Taylor made some remark about how none of the vets would help her practice. THAT is why Cassie spoke up like she did and she was not the only one ready too (no one has a happy face there lol); Taylor was not popular with the vets before that and that was the last straw.  

It is super annoying to me that CMT would not show that but obviously they had a story line in mind and an idea of how they wanted to present Taylor. Serves as a great reminder that you literally cannot believe everything you see as it's presented on the show; reality TV is all about drama.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

What bothered me the most about that incident isn't even what Cassie said, but from what I remember, she sat there with "I really don't want to say this, but I have something to say look" look that obviously intended to get Judy to ask her what was wrong. Odd that thats what bothered me, but it just seemed so childish. You're a group leader. If a girl is bragging about not practicing and then screwing up (or whatever it was), stand up and say it. I may have respected that, but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. Ally's "just say 'yes ma'am" was even more annoying. 

Also, with the Cassie and Taylor situation would anyone else have been acknowledged if they looked like they had something to say?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

You pick up on a lot, @LaurelleJ ! Yes, Taylor was trouble.  I say that as someone who liked her while watching that season (I still do - I think she is funny and quirky, just not DCC material), but there was definitely a lot going on that we were not shown by CMT.  Someone who was actually in training camp that summer told me that TCs are expected to arrive as early as possible before rehearsal to work with vets to get routines down and Taylor never took them seriously - she spent most of that time doing her hair and make up and saying she knew everything, when obviously she was still making a ton of mistakes and it was annoying to everyone who was legit working hard.  Right before the scene where Cassie calls Taylor out, Taylor made some remark about how none of the vets would help her practice. THAT is why Cassie spoke up like she did and she was not the only one ready too (no one has a happy face there lol); Taylor was not popular with the vets before that and that was the last straw.  

It is super annoying to me that CMT would not show that but obviously they had a story line in mind and an idea of how they wanted to present Taylor. Serves as a great reminder that you literally cannot believe everything you see as it's presented on the show; reality TV is all about drama.  

Thanks! Haha. I knew it had to be something along these lines. If my memory is any good, I believe that Taylor was placed in the group with Brittany Evans as a first and Ashton as a second. Sidenote: group 2 that year was my absolute fave, Brittany, Ashton, Sasha, rookies Angela and Mackenzie. I don't see Brittany Evans saying anything horrible about anyone, even if it's true. I remember her face during that exchange, made me so sad. Sounds like it was no secret and everyone knew. There were so few vets that year, maybe they banded together on this situation. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Right before the scene where Cassie calls Taylor out, Taylor made some remark about how none of the vets would help her practice. THAT is why Cassie spoke up like she did and she was not the only one ready too (no one has a happy face there lol); Taylor was not popular with the vets before that and that was the last straw.  

seriously then, GOOD FOR CASSIE!!!!  I know she gets a lot of hate here but I've always kind of rooted for her and hoped that she wasn't really a mean girl - she seems like she has a dry sense of humor I actually really like.  I just figure she takes being legacy really seriously but that's more to her credit than anything else - if I was following in my mother's footsteps I would for sure feel that responsibility too (although I have no intention ever of being a teacher - or a pilot.  My mom is welcome to both her classroom and the skies.  I'd rather not be terrorized by either several dozen 10 year-olds or random flocks of birds).  I do hope Cassie wasn't really a mean girl, but whether she was or not, she was right to say what she did when she did if Taylor was acting that way.