Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Just saw that the lead bus going to Oxnard was involved in an accident in which the bus hit a van, killing 4 people in the van.  They apparently leave 2 weeks ahead of time and make stops along the way.  No players or cheerleaders were on the bus.

Mickey Spagnola, a columnist for the team's website, has been writing for the past week about traveling on a Cowboys bus with a driver, the team mascot and videographer. On his Twitter page, Spagnola tweeted before 2 p.m. that the bus was 80 miles outside of Vegas.

10 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Former DCC in this commercial for USA cheerleaders.....moves look familiar.  

Interested to see how this turns out.. Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda low? (great cause tho) Especially since its a new venture. Idk I just feel like this is more of a "hey i have free time" hobby as opposed to the other routes (Mavs, Stars, etc) that are a jobs. Doubt they get paid, just perks.

5 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

no, they do not get paid whatsoever. it is purely a volunteer thing. albeit, somewhat...awkward theyre a good cause and are trying to boost moral.

I feel like its kinda a "has-beens" thing

• Love 1

Posted on FB

Y'all about ready to get this season started?! Let's have some fun TOMORROW at 1:30 PT / 4:30 ET right here. We'll be hosting a FB LIVE chat with...

Kelli Finglass
Judy Trammell
Peggy Segundo (Hair/Makeup)

and DCC gals: Jenna Jackson, Jessica Purdy, Jennifer Amburn, Amy Trader, Holly Powell and Erica Wilkins!

• Love 1

Those moves are so corny. I was in high school in 1996 and we hadn't used those huge poms in forever. Not even in middle school. 

Kelli really has transformed the team into something far more professional and not corny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

http://texasarchive.org/library/index.php/2013_05158

A video from 1996 and you can hear Judy yelling to the girls.  Wow, leotards and giant pom poms!

Haha!  They all have really nice figures though, not sure if girls like Amy T, Jenn K,  Melissa and Megan could pull off those high cut Leos lkke those girls did.

Yeah - the poms were way too big for 1996.  I think big poms were dead by 1990 around me. A lot of those hairstyles were too big for 1996 as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Haha!  They all have really nice figures though, not sure if girls like Amy T, Jenn K,  Melissa and Megan could pull off those high cut Leos lkke those girls did.

Yeah - the poms were way too big for 1996.  I think big poms were dead by 1990 around me. A lot of those hairstyles were too big for 1996 as well.

Oh man.  I was cheering in 1991 and we were STILL rocking the giant poms (which are still going strong in my mom's attic!!!)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Were they trying to do a Soul Train line?

Try is a polite word. That was a hot mess. They had to be drunk or high. 

Dating ourselves here but around 1996 everyone was either chopping their hair into a Rachel shag, Faith Hill short flippy do, Alicia Silverstone middle part - not stick straight yet - or Brandi box braids. Those girls looked 1990 at the latest. 

Those high cut leos with the mid drift covered - so uncomfortable and dated. I can't imagine kicking in those and having a constant wedge. 

• Love 5

I'm watching the Facebook live chat - my two questions were: What products do you use to keep your hair on point (because I live in Dallas and my hair falls flat in four seconds) and what Amy's future career goals are considering her background. 

No answers yet but they apparently go through a ton of hairspray and Kashara is the funniest team member :) That so does not surprise me! 

• Love 1

Chat was not bad, all things considered.  We knew they would have Shannon or someone else picking what to have them answer lol  

I thought all the girls did well and I didn't really see anyone looking annoyed when Holly spoke...they all kind of look spaced (prob just concentrating) when someone else is speaking lol  Again - Erica is so gorgeous. Man, cameras love her.  And Jennifer is just so incredibly well spoken.  I really hope she gets a job with the DCC down the road.  By the time Judy retires maybe she would be far enough in family life to want to come back and choreograph.  I could see her doing so well with that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, pink317 said:

Among other tidbits, there was an article written by a former DCC (who went by the name Yellow Rose), which said the team was full of mean girls namely - Trisha, Crystal, Meredith, Cassie, and another blonde who I can't remember. I was in sorority - no one gets along 100% of the time, especially when the organization is designed for the girls to compete against each other always (show group, group leader, campout trophy, point of the triangle, rookie/vet of the year, etc.) and esteems some team members above the others. I dont think the girls are as mean as they probably once were nor do I think they secretly hate each other like Hugh Hefner's girlfriends but I KNOW it is not rainbows and butterflies in DCC land.

http://www.thegloss.com/culture/exclusive-behind-the-uniforms-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/

Back on the TWOP boards when this article came out, a (supposed) insider stated that in addition to this list of "mean girls" was Sarah Gourley, but I don't remember if the blonde, fifth year veteran was ever determined. I do remember the "insider" saying that Brittany Evans (and possibly Jordan Chanley?) was genuinely nice, which I like to believe. She was my favorite!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, morningglory said:

http://www.thegloss.com/culture/exclusive-behind-the-uniforms-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/

Back on the TWOP boards when this article came out, a (supposed) insider stated that in addition to this list of "mean girls" was Sarah Gourley, but I don't remember if the blonde, fifth year veteran was ever determined. I do remember the "insider" saying that Brittany Evans (and possibly Jordan Chanley?) was genuinely nice, which I like to believe. She was my favorite!

If this person was referring to the 2010 squad, the only blonde 5 year vets were Brooke and Tobie. I don't know Tobie, but Brooke was always so nice. I wonder if it's referencing the 2009 squad. 

Although the 5th year vet hooking up with the baseball player could be Brooke.

Edited by PrincessLeia

I felt like it was the Jenn K show, which kind of irritated me. Ok, we get it that you're the class pet. Can we hear just a thought or two from other girls and get to know them? I would love to hear more from Jenna and Erica. I hate whoever was reading questions skipped so many, like when will Kelli be on DWTS!!

6 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Wow, the FB chat was interesting. I DO hope they put out another DVD with dancy/Zumba stuff. Poor Holly, her teammates appear to go dead behind the eyes when she speaks.

This is off topic, but your avatar has me in stitches. Gotta love Gilly.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GingerJ said:

I felt like it was the Jenn K show, which kind of irritated me. Ok, we get it that you're the class pet. Can we hear just a thought or two from other girls and get to know them? I would love to hear more from Jenna and Erica. I hate whoever was reading questions skipped so many, like when will Kelli be on DWTS!!

haha i agree but it was obvious they wanted Jennifer to field most of the questions by putting her right in the front center.  I think the other girls are used to it at this point.  I think Jenna and Erica will have their time to shine next year if Jennifer retires! 

And Kelli on DWTS...omg, YES!!!!! 

• Love 3

Also in the live chat they did yesterday, thought Erica's comment about keeping relationships was very telling - that you 'learn someone's true colors' under the pressure.  I thought she and Will seemed so adorable but I guess that finally answers my question on why they aren't together anymore lol  

Hope Kitty notices now that Erica consistently has some of the most amazing hair in the group!! haha 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Also in the live chat they did yesterday, thought Erica's comment about keeping relationships was very telling - that you 'learn someone's true colors' under the pressure.  I thought she and Will seemed so adorable but I guess that finally answers my question on why they aren't together anymore lol  

Hope Kitty notices now that Erica consistently has some of the most amazing hair in the group!! haha 

I like Kitty, but she's the last person to be judging anyone's hair. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Oh right I forgot she came into DCC with a boyfriend!!

Those 1996 videos crack me up and Shelly was a bit wired lololol. I know that was 20 years ago but even I had better dance moves than most of them. No training camp back then. Does anyone know when they started this TC thing?

• Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 8:14 AM, QuiteContrary19 said:

I'm not sure how old you are, but we weren't THAT square back then lol. I know each generation thinks they invented cool, but that ain't it. I'm 45. If anyone would have busted out those clown moves back then (I was the same age Shelly and those girls were around that time back then) we would have laughed them out of the room. Let's please call out a goober move when we see one. Ha! It doesn't make her a terrible person, just silly youthful actions. We've all been there. Once I stepped down off a platform at the beach thinking I looked REALLY cool and realized I was wearing my bandeau bikini top as a belt. Schramminator funny faces=funny, silly, still cool. Flopping on the floor=goofy, clownish, silly, not cool. No big whoop, just a goober move.

Perfect. I was thinking the same. I'm 45 too. I have no idea where they got those so called dance moves... Apparently J&K were looking for something totally different than they are today.   

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

HA!! Girl! If I would have gone to the club and they put on some Bel Biv DeVoe and I went out on the floor in my Mustard colored rayon shorts and bustier and my cowboy bootie shoes wit' mah scrunch sox and rolled on the floor like that, I would have been kicked right out!

OMG LOL I'm almost 40 was solidly in college going to parties at the time of that video yeah no one was dancing that way, our dance team in college didn't dance like that, nor did my HS pom squad, just yikes!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

HA!! Girl! If I would have gone to the club and they put on some Bel Biv DeVoe and I went out on the floor in my Mustard colored rayon shorts and bustier and my cowboy bootie shoes wit' mah scrunch sox and rolled on the floor like that, I would have been kicked right out!

OMGGG!!! I just literally lolololol in the middle of my office.  I pictured you dancing in that outfit....priceless!!

Edited by DCCFAN71

Jessica speaks very well on camera. I'm glad they gave her a chance to shine. When he asked about if they get to interact with players....we all know what crossed my mind. So, every word that came out of Jessica's mouth regarding the players may be the rules but we all know they are not always followed. I think its a stupid rule anyway! It's like dangling honey in front of bees. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Jessica speaks very well on camera. I'm glad they gave her a chance to shine. When he asked about if they get to interact with players....we all know what crossed my mind. So, every word that came out of Jessica's mouth regarding the players may be the rules but we all know they are not always followed. I think its a stupid rule anyway! It's like dangling honey in front of bees. 

I'm sure Jessica was picked to speak about the job thing cause her job is probably the most professional/real job of the bunch.   Yay for her though holding down an accounting job whole DCC'ing - at least most of the DCC obligations are done by tax season though so that should help :).

Interesting that they said you need to be a full time student - that used to mean at least 12 credits I think - so no just taking one class at a community college and spending most of your day just being a DCC.

Tall girl at the end that came out in the blue dress (I don't watch that show so I have no idea who she was) seemed to have some moves ;) - maybe Kelli will tell her to try out.  Girl in the red dress was "just really bad" - ;).

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Found the 1979 movie on youtube and I'm about half way through, it's really interesting. I'm just curious how accurate the try outs are, bc they seem pretty close to what we see today minus the solos and the speed they go through it all.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:59 PM, MyFavShows said:

I'm sure Jessica was picked to speak about the job thing cause her job is probably the most professional/real job of the bunch.   Yay for her though holding down an accounting job whole DCC'ing - at least most of the DCC obligations are done by tax season though so that should help :).

Interesting that they said you need to be a full time student - that used to mean at least 12 credits I think - so no just taking one class at a community college and spending most of your day just being a DCC.

Tall girl at the end that came out in the blue dress (I don't watch that show so I have no idea who she was) seemed to have some moves ;) - maybe Kelli will tell her to try out.  Girl in the red dress was "just really bad" - ;).

The tall girl at the end is Heather McDonald; she's a comedienne.  She used to be a regular on Chelsea Handler's cable show, but she's not on Chelsea's netflix show.  I've seen her on a few reality shows too; and she goes to openings of garage doors.

Edited by Spooky
3 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

You should read 'Deep in the heart of Texas' ;-)

I looked and my library doesn't have it, but here when the school year starts I can get a card for the library system my new district is in and it's a larger system so fingers crossed they have it. If not I'm going searching online.

1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I looked and my library doesn't have it, but here when the school year starts I can get a card for the library system my new district is in and it's a larger system so fingers crossed they have it. If not I'm going searching online.

Most libraries will allow you to request the book via the Interlibrary Loan system.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Most libraries will allow you to request the book via the Interlibrary Loan system.

Thanks for the reminder I've done that before and had forgotten  and though mine does but sometimes they charge for it depending on where they get it from so I'm going to try the other system first bc I def want to read that book

• Love 1