Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: The Fool

AmandaPanda
  • Start Topic

When the secret about Lucious' memory is exposed, Cookie tries to convince the board that he is fine; Eddie Barker helps Lucious in the studio; Detective Pamela Rose reveals information about the explosion; Claudia helps Lucious with a breakthrough.

Well I guess the good news is, Lucious the man we all love to hate and sort of want him dead sometimes (but not really) is sort of back.  When he said "Stop calling me Dwight. My name is Lucious," I may have cheered. 

Meh news: Cookie is really the love of his life.

Bad news: he's saying I love you to Claudia during a weird homage to Ghost with paint instead of pottery and they sleep together.  Then realizes what he said to who and derp.  Claudia isn't happy.  Claudia will try to seek revenge with more mumbo jumbo.  Meanwhile I'm like "can we give Demi Moore a cough drop already?"

I enjoyed this so much that if you asked me what else happened tonight I would stare at you blankly.  

• Love 3

I giggled like a kid on Christmas morning when Lucious said, "I'm back." Soft and Cuddly Lucious was an interesting novelty, but it will be good to have the old rat bastard back and wreaking havoc.

I need Jamal to find out about Warren's treachery asap. I'm tired of Mal being a dupe.

I knew Tiana was going to rat out Hakeem.

Andre and Detective Rose are a trip. She is basically gaslighting him, and it makes me wonder if she too is on the Dubois payroll. 

This show continues to give me delicious 80's-style soapiness, and I am SO here for it.

• Love 11

I didn't love this episode because, to me, much of it felt very disjointed but damn if Terrence Howard didn't knock it out of the park again during the painting/"Ghost" scene.  That was a thing of acting beauty and what Emmy's should be made of.

• Love 4

Very relieved that Lucious has regained his memories and has dispensed with Dwight. Although, I wouldn't mind it if a few of Dwight's kinder characteristics stayed on, but enough was enough already with that story line. I hope any attempts of Claudia's to screw things up will backfire in a big way. She really is a strange person - so insecure. Were we ever told why she was hired? I mean, I know what her duties were supposed to be - but why was she in particular selected? I feel as if she just showed up out of nowhere and we weren't given any background on her experience or reputation. Was Cookie too incapacitated to be a part of the decision to hire Claudia, because I feel like Cookie would never have approved of bringing her on board. Anyway, hopefully she'll be dispensed with soon enough. I hated her big, clunky glasses, too.

Should be interesting to see how the family reacts if/when they learn that Hakeem has been under Mother DuBois' thumb for some time now. Running to Cuba was one of his dumber ideas yet - I get his intentions, but really? I don't believe for a moment that he was willing to give up his very decadent, indulgent, fun lifestyle, even for Bella. I do hope, though, that he retains some custody. Bella seems to be thriving and is happy and healthy, from what we can see. Perhaps a prudent judge will come up with a compromised custody arrangement - it doesn't necessarily have to be all or nothing for either Hakeem or Anika (although that's what they each want!).

Angelo's really nasty, isn't he? He sure seems to hate Warren. Jealous.

I need Jamal to find out about Warren's treachery asap. I'm tired of Mal being a dupe.

Absolutely. 

• Love 2

Claudia will for sure be back.  I have no doubt that this isn't her first unethical behavior towards a patient.  She was fucking unethical from the beginning.  I sure did get a hearty chuckle when she was all, "I want to write a book, especially since I'm your muse," and Lucious was all, "Nah bitch; you gots to go."  I'd bet the scars on her back were self inflicted, after someone else rejected her.  

I'm really hating Tiana's new hair.  It makes her look like she's in her 40s.  

2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Same here.  And when he does, I'm hoping we get to see the same Jamal that hung the record exec off the balcony.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I knew Tiana was going to rat out Hakeem.

I hated that she even thought for one minute about joining him (unless she came up with the plan to call Cookie from the jump).  "Sure, I'll give up my career to be with a self-centered man-boy and a kid who I like but don't want to be Mommy."  Yuck.

• Love 2

I never believed Tiana ever seriously considered running away with Hakeem.

She's always been way more pragmatic than him and she's never really wanted to be Bella's mother in the first place.

She just told Hakeem what he wanted to hear, to keep him from acting impulsively, until she could tell Cookie what he was up to.

• Love 7

I freaking love how the creators used color to connect to his music. The scene where he was painting on the glass was so beautiful to me. I also like how it connected with past events, unlike other TV shows.

I don't care what anyone says, Empire is the only TV show right now that gets emotion out of me. ❤

• Love 6

I know Claudia was/is an odd duck.. But i did feel a bit sad for her after Dwight hit it and quit it... Plus cookie was always so horrible to her.. Not saying it wasn't warranted but still... But thats why i love and hate cookie... 

Oh yeah, Lucious is back baby! Ive enjoyed Dwight, but its time for Luciousfer to get back to kicking ass and being the sneaky bastard we all love to hate. I`m probably awful, but I was honestly moved by the fact that his memories of Cookie is what brought him back to normal. I do think Lucious loves her as much as its possible for him to love another person, even if that love is toxic. 

It must be so interesting to work at Empire, or be on its board. Its often dangerous, but theres never a dull moment! At least now they get a pretty picture to look at while the latest drama is unfolding in the board room. My guess? Either Shine or Andre gets dragged out of the boardroom, bonus points if Andre gets arrested by his new cop girlfriend. 

Angelo has really taken a nasty tone. The guy is so angry, he is just being a dick to everyone, even his own family. Of course, getting Hakeem to punch someone (especially if its a cheap shot) isn't exactly a challenge. Speaking of, Hakeem running off to Cuba with Tiana and Bella might be his dumbest idea since he live streamed the search for his baby and tried to crowd source an angry mob. I knew Tiana was just humoring him until she could get Cookie to talk him out of it, she is WAY too smart to put up with such foolishness. 

Yep, Claudia crazy. Or she wanted to use "Dwight" to write a book or something. Either way, she sucks, and I laughed my ass off when they kicked her to the curb. However, this wont be the end of her, I`m sure. The Lyons truly have a never ending line of enemies looking to screw them over. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Thank CHRIST Lucious is back!  TH has kicked ass with the storyline, but I like motherfuckin' Lucious better.  

Love Forest Whitaker, but Eddie's boring AF....I don't trust him and wonder if he's up to something.

Damn Angelo, like Oaktown 357 rapped Juicy Gotcha Krazy!  A bitter Angelo is a funny Angelo.

• Love 1

I love this show raised to infinity.

Finally - it's never dull and I'm yelling all mad at the end credits when they come because I want MORE!

Finally - So happy Dwight is gone and now we got Lucious back.  I guess that was a paint homage to Ghost but yeecch.  I can't stand Claudia and she's clearly as crazy as a box of cats because she just went right into that with him... and then when he let her know she was confused... she tried to make him regress back to Dwight. She needs to have her license revoked.  Ugh - Taylor Hamilton-Hayes -Forrester+Sheila-Carter clone.  

My fear is that she's going to wind up pregnant.  If not, she's still gonna come back and wreak havoc.

Cookie is the best.  "Don't cut your eyes at me like that Lil Annie!"  ROTFLMAO!

Since I cannot marry Trai - can I marry Andre?  That scene when he woke up with the detective and kept kissing her everywhere - whew.  I felt all mushy inside.  

Can someone buy Jamal some sense?  Why have they made him so dumb?  Missing breadcrumbs left and right.

Hakeem... *sigh*

• Love 2

I love that Hakeem is so dedicated to protecting Bella. He may be an impulsive little idiot, but he loves that baby with all of his heart.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4

I love that Lucious regained his memory and it is going to be interesting with the court case concerning Bella, because it seems as though the Dubois family and Anika may be able to celebrate for a while, they may have won this part of the battle but they will never win the war. And Hakeem will forever love their daughter.

Edited by journalism16

Oh, shit!  Dwight is gone and Lucious is back, baby!  I still wonder if his time as Dwight will change him in some ways, but you can already see the return of his ruthlessness and his ability to not mince words.  Sucks to be you, Claudia!  I do suspect she will return and continue to cause issues, but her reaction to suddenly getting dumped to the curve was hilarious.  That creep deserves even worse.

Hakeem was in fine form in this one.  Wait, I meant the opposite of that.  Hiding things from his lawyer, punching Angelo, and then trying to flee to Cuba with Bella and Tiana.  Completely unsurprised that Tiana went to Cookie instead because no way was she going to give up her career for this guy.

So, who was playing Andre: Detective Rose or Shine?

Eddie Barker seems like an easy, if old-fashioned guy.  Which means he's totally going to have skeletons too, right?  You don't get Forest Whitaker and have him not go crazy eventually!

Angelo going out of his way to needle Warren is hilarious.  He's such a immature brat!  I'm bummed they've gotten some generic lawyer dude to be the family lawyer for Hakeem, because Thirsty vs. Angelo in court would be must see television for me.

• Love 1

Not a bad episode, liked that Lucious regained his memory just as Claudia somewhat showed her truer colours as well. Clearly though, we're not done with her yet. 

Cookie bringing in Eddie was smart. His character intrigues me for now.

Angelo really got under Hakeem's skin and he nearly did something stupid like Pamela did with Andre and Shyne this week too.

Jamal really does need to wise up to Warren now, 7/10