Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

The Making Of for last episode was uploaded here

Not sure why AMC isn't posting them anymore on their channel, but if you search "Walking Dad 514"  or whatever the episode is, they normally come up under different users. 

Edited by weightyghost
  • Love 3

Michael Cudlitz on various things.

On the finale:

It’s going to be very satisfying. It’s going to piss you off. There will be tears, but also, once again, like the writers have been doing pretty consistently, it tees up a new beginning in a very, very different way.

So obviously things are going to blow up.  Again.  And I'm dreading that "tears" will be because of the rumor of

Glenn's death

• Love 3

I take everything the actors/producers say not very seriously because each finale, each season, has been the 'most brutal' 'saddest' 'traumatizing' thing ever. Sometimes they're right, sometimes it's the norm for the show. It's a given that shit is going to blow up.

And that's been a rumour for about three seasons now, so often that I don't even get the jump to the heart that I used to when I first read it.

• Love 3

I take everything the actors/producers say not very seriously because each finale, each season, has been the 'most brutal' 'saddest' 'traumatizing' thing ever.

It's funny cos it's true.

Karen Walker, Will and Grace.

Did I say walker?

• Love 1

I didn't have much time to look through all of it at the store, but the newest TWD Magazine issue (#12) is a female-centric issue, including interviews with a number of actresses, as well as producers like Denise Huth. They also have lengthy character profiles of women like Carol and the various journeys of women in the comics over the years, and an interview with Yvette Nicole Brown.

The new Famous Monsters of Filmland has an interview with Jennifer Lynch (director of last week's episode). She couldn't say much about her TWD gig, but she did talk a little about who she'd want to kill off, who she wanted to work with, and how she got the job.

• Love 1

I read it. I don't believe it.

Although...

I did think it was interesting that when asked if Daryl
loses his hand, the answer was
his hand, arms and legs are all intact.
Left out a lot of parts.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

Oh, someone tell me if this statement by an important cast member means anything or not!

Ask.fm Q&A with Chandler Riggs; he is asked if he
had a choice what way to die what would it be...and
he said "Helium. The body mistakes it for oxygen and
there is no pain." I'm not saying Carl will die---I'm
saying it's odd for him to know that...and odd that
is a subject of discussion in this show. The balloon,
the big tank in the Andersons garage.

Oh, someone tell me if this statement by an important cast member means anything or not!

Ask.fm Q&A with Chandler Riggs; he is asked if he

had a choice what way to die what would it be...and

he said "Helium. The body mistakes it for oxygen and

there is no pain." I'm not saying Carl will die---I'm

saying it's odd for him to know that...and odd that

is a subject of discussion in this show. The balloon,

the big tank in the Andersons garage.

Ordinarily I would say it's just one of those things, but

this is a case where we have already seen the ironically buoyant red balloon of foreshadowing... twice. Chekhov's Helium has been shown; added to this bit of interesting light suicide banter [/sarcasm] points towards a payoff.  

Or, it's just like communism. A red herring.

• Love 3

Interview with Gale from Time about working on two shows and a small teaser for the finale. Very small and not specific, but not positive.

Give me one good tease for the 90-minute finale.

You can rest assured that not only walker blood will be spilled, but there will be a few surprises and some sad losses that no one, I think, will be able to predict.

Ugh.

Question about her response:

When she says no one will be able to predict, do you think she means no one- not even the comic book readers?

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

Interview with Gale from Time about working on two shows and a small teaser for the finale. Very small and not specific, but not positive.

Ugh.

Question about her response:

When she says no one will be able to predict, do you think she means no one- not even the comic book readers?

Yes. They have to! No matter what they claim about

sticking to the comic, it would make every ep a fore

gone conclusion. They would just be pantomiming .

Changing it up also means comic readers will watch

the show, more tv viewers will read the comic--$$$!

Where would the tension be about this finale---and

next fall premiere---unless they do something people

will talk about all summer? I expect a significant

death. There is a spoiler out that sounds good but it

says not one word about some major characters.

Hmmm.

• Love 1

Here is the Chandler Riggs Q&A with Ask.fm.

He says no one noticed that Ron put his hand on Enid's shoulder (we noticed!) and that's why Carl didn't kiss her!

More stuff about Carl/Enid/Ron, two questions about Rick/Jessie/Michonne, and some other stuff:

http://ask.fm/chairhandler1

Poor kid is going to get death threats for saying Rick/Jessie > Richonne....lol

• Love 2

Poor kid is going to get death threats for saying Rick/Jessie > Richonne....lol

I can tell you that as a Richonne fan I 100% agree with his answer - Michonne is too good for Rick at this point.

If he gets any death threats then I hope their computers melt.

Reading through that, I'm shocked people ask him personal questions about his breakup with his girlfriend. Geez. He must be a nice young man to answer instead of just blocking or whatever.

Martin needs to stop dithering and write the damn books.  kikismom could probably finish his books more quickly as well.

That's very flattering. But I wouldn't write as rapey as he does. On the other hand I would have kept Joffrey alive forever!!

Because comics

Wouldn't it be great if TWD cast against type and

Negan was played by "Joffrey"?

lol

• Love 2

Reading through that, I'm shocked people ask him personal questions about his breakup with his girlfriend. Geez. He must be a nice young man to answer instead of just blocking or whatever.

It really seems like they were questions mostly from teenagers (no offense to any whipper-snappers here).

• Love 1

Probably - I still think people should have boundaries, teen or not. I remember reading about how female fans kiss him during photo ops, even though he has asked people not to do that. It's just inappropriate.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2

Where were they when I was saying this a year ago? 

I agree with a lot of it, but I have to shake my head at, "because comics." They could have done more with Tyreese and can do more with Abraham. I see that Daryl is a problem in this area, and I definitely think it hurt Tyreese, but Tyreese was hurt more than anything by that poorly told Karen storyline. Abraham was hurt by an OTT introduction and tons of telling instead of showing.

Daryl spends far less time with Rick than he did in earlier seasons. If anything Michonne is more of a close partner to Rick, even if his bond with Daryl will likely always be the one that gets the most prominence.

This season started out strong with three intense episodes, but has become bloated with half-baked story arcs that seem to have no resolution in sight.

None of which really has to do with Daryl - if anything, I'd say Daryl's Alexandria sojourn has been one of the more consistent, strong parts of the story, and has helped make the character more interesting to me again.

Other than the Jessie/Rick/Pete mess, I don't see the stories that have no resolution...? Things like Sasha's PTSD and Carol's pain and regret aren't stories that would ever have resolution, because they're just a part of their lives. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2

I've noticed several articles critical of this season as it wraps up. I don't really agree with the ideas on how to fix problems (I don't see how killing Rosita would make the show better, and for all my complaints about him, the same goes for Daryl), and I think some of this is the typical cycle of critics who hype a show briefly to seem cool and then move on when they no longer feel it's cool (the show was not suddenly, magically brilliant at the start of the season, and it's not suddenly, magically terrible now). I generally never agree with the "too many characters" reviews, because if this show went back to the season 1-3 character limit I doubt I'd watch. With that said, I do think this one has some valid points about the poor handling of the characters, namely Rick, reacting to Alexandria.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/how-walking-dead-stumbled-storytelling-784991

(this talks about comics but doesn't give away spoilers - the comments section is another story)

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1
I generally never agree with the "too many characters" reviews, because if this show went back to the season 1-3 character limit I doubt I'd watch.

I agree.  With such a high death toll we need a steady supply of characters at all stages of character development available at any time.  

• Love 1