Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Michael

• Start Topic

Ray searches for Frank Barnes in an attempt to get Bridget out of jail. Meanwhile in New York, Terry deals with the return of Damon's father and then takes care of Smitty at Bridget's request. Back in LA, Bunchy is hit with a heartbreaking confession from Teresa.

Promo:

Clips:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Wow, has this show become absurd. Mickey is always getting thrown into jail for murders and then Ray bargains to get him out. This time, it looks like Mickey will stay there. 

How many murders has each Donovan committed? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Great, Bridget is back to annoying me. She just got arrested for assault with a firearm, attempted extortion, B&E, and false imprisonment and she's being a snotty bitch to Ray, telling him that he has to get her to see Smitty right away? SLOW YOUR ROLL, DUMBASS.

Heh, I was with Terry when that mime accosted him on the street. That mime crossed the line when he took Terry's hat and then his phone. Sorry, you don't get to touch strangers on the street or take their stuff. That's how you get punched in the face by angry ex-boxers.

I had to laugh when Ray saw himself as easygoing Rick in his informercial dream. It was just nice to see Liev Schreiber smile!

Oh, Darryl. You don't know what Mickey did to Ray? I'm pretty sure that Ray, Terry, and Bunchy enlightened Darryl about what a shitbag Mickey has been to their family. And give me a break - Darryl has borne the brunt of Mickey's selfish attitude more than once. He knows exactly why Ray doesn't trust Mickey any farther than he can throw him - and for good reason.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Great, Bridget is back to annoying me. She just got arrested for assault with a firearm, attempted extortion, B&E, and false imprisonment and she's being a snotty bitch to Ray, telling him that he has to get her to see Smitty right away? SLOW YOUR ROLL, DUMBASS.

Heh, I was with Terry when that mime accosted him on the street. That mime crossed the line when he took Terry's hat and then his phone. Sorry, you don't get to touch strangers on the street or take their stuff. That's how you get punched in the face by angry ex-boxers.

I had to laugh when Ray saw himself as easygoing Rick in his informercial dream. It was just nice to see Liev Schreiber smile!

Oh, Darryl. You don't know what Mickey did to Ray? I'm pretty sure that Ray, Terry, and Bunchy enlightened Darryl about what a shitbag Mickey has been to their family. And give me a break - Darryl has borne the brunt of Mickey's selfish attitude more than once. He knows exactly why Ray doesn't trust Mickey any farther than he can throw him - and for good reason.

Seriously, mimes?  What?!  

And, yeah, you're welcome Bridget.  

So - someone used to put little Ray's hand on stove burners?  Is that what we were supposed to take from that?

• Love 1

Did Ray really expect that doctor Bridget went after just to say, "Okay, bygones!" I guess he had to try though.

Wow, Daryll flipped like house of cards. Why did he keep that gun?

What was the deal with those street performers and Terry? Was he hallucinating?

That was a chilling scene between Ray and Mickey in the bar. I wonder if Mickey realized then that it was over, that Ray had rightly chosen Bridget over him.

Pretty good penultimate episode. Sad to see this show go. It and Liev never have never gotten the recognition they deserved, IMO.

• Love 2

Was this supposed to be Ray coming to the ultimate realization that his kids maybe have reason to see him guilty of his biggest grudge against Mickey -- cheating on their mother while she's dying and not being there for her or the kids?

• Love 4

So, Bunchy wants to buy the bar. Why? The only customers are Donovans and I doubt they pay for the booze they drink.

Raise you hand if you were shocked that Bunchy's wife slept w/ someone on the road.

I hate to say it, but I cannot wait for the season to be over. One more episode.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

So, Bunchy wants to buy the bar. Why? The only customers are Donovans and I doubt they pay for the booze they drink.

Raise you hand if you were shocked that Bunchy's wife slept w/ someone on the road.

I hate to say it, but I cannot wait for the season to be over. One more episode.

Bunchy - who knows?  He can just go buy his own bar with his recovered money anyway insead of taking over that Hollywood Blvd slag heap.  

Not shocked but wondering why the already somewhat shady Theresa would feel the need to confess.

Agree, cannot wait for the last episode.  This is the last season for me.

I'm kind of hoping that Mickey makes good on his threat and comes after Ray. . . successfully. 

Bunchy and Darryl are now neck in neck for the title of The Stupidest Donovan.  But on the bright side, at least we haven't had to see Cahnah, who has apparently joined the military.   Ray seems to have forgotten him anyway.

• Love 4

Please refresh my memory. Mickey took the fall for the "Armenian" thing.... Why? How did Ray get him out? Now, Ray made Mickey take the fall for the "Primm" thing (or for Frank Barnes?) so he could get Bridget off the hook? Confused. 

These seem like recycled plots. They kill, go to jail, and offer up information or criminals to make deals to get each other out. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was just nice to see Liev Schreiber smile!

Also laugh..twice! 

3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

So - someone used to put little Ray's hand on stove burners?  Is that what we were supposed to take from that?

I thought that he was assuaging his guilt for all the bad that has become his life and family now. Some people hurt themselves on the outside to relieve the pain that they are feeling on the inside. 

1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

Nope, I also expected it. What will be interesting to see if there will be consequences for her from Bunchy. 

• Love 2

Pretty good penultimate episode. Sad to see this show go. It and Liev never have never gotten the recognition they deserved, IMO.

Quoting myself to say that I don't know where I got the idea this show had been canceled. According to Variety it's been renewed for a sixth season. (Caution, there's a bit of a spoiler about the next season right in the headline.)

Not shocked but wondering why the already somewhat shady Theresa would feel the need to confess.

Do we know who she cheated with? It could be she's trying to get that person killed or at least moved out of the way. She knows how the Donovans are and Bunchy in particular can be rather volatile.

• Love 1

I actually like Bridget this season and thought her speech to Ray was great.  Sure he bailed her out, he also created that whole mess in the first place.  And she resents him for the way he behaved when Abby died, which she should, he's an ass.

Abby still lives on, now she's a British infomercial chick in Ray's dreams.  This guy needs to seriously get some taste in television.

Looks like they are setting up the next (and final?) season for the big father-son showdown.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Do we know who she cheated with? It could be she's trying to get that person killed or at least moved out of the way. She knows how the Donovans are and Bunchy in particular can be rather volatile.

She said it was just some guy who was at one of the shows. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Was this supposed to be Ray coming to the ultimate realization that his kids maybe have reason to see him guilty of his biggest grudge against Mickey -- cheating on their mother while she's dying and not being there for her or the kids?

I thought that is what was going to happen at the dinner table when Darryl asked what Mickey had ever done to Ray but then Ray just laughed and didn't seem anymore broody than usual.  There was the hand thing, but that urge had been floating in his head since the beginning of the episode.  Now I've started to wonder if Ray hating Mickey so much is in part self-loathing because he's turned into him.

7 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Please refresh my memory. Mickey took the fall for the "Armenian" thing.... Why? How did Ray get him out? Now, Ray made Mickey take the fall for the "Primm" thing (or for Frank Barnes?) so he could get Bridget off the hook? Confused. 

These seem like recycled plots. They kill, go to jail, and offer up information or criminals to make deals to get each other out. 

The thing Ray pinned on Mickey in this episode was murdering Frank Barnes even though Darryl was the shooter.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The thing Ray pinned on Mickey in this episode was murdering Frank Barnes even though Darryl was the shooter.  

Thanks! But what did Mickey take the fall for last season and how did Ray get him out of jail? 

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 3:34 AM, Puddy said:

I found Daryl's willful ignorance upsetting. His feelings of loyalty and guilt angered me.

He is a product of Mickey's selfishness or did he forget where babies come from?

Yeah but for as many times as Mickey has used Daryl, he won't cut him out of his life, whereas the others were just about done with Mickey at various points.

I guess the OG Donovan brothers blame Mickey for their sister's death and how Mickey wasn't around when their mother passed.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Yeah but for as many times as Mickey has used Daryl, he won't cut him out of his life, whereas the others were just about done with Mickey at various points.

I guess the OG Donovan brothers blame Mickey for their sister's death and how Mickey wasn't around when their mother passed.

Oh, yeah.  Mickey uses Darryl and Darryl keeps asking for more.  I am sure it's related to wanting to be loved and accepted although when he shot Frank, Darryl was out for himself and his part of the movie deal.  I guess that was the Donovan in him seeping out.  He is now stuck with being sent to the big house for murder or being sent to the big house for being an accessory.  

I agree.  All three of the OG's blame Mickey for everything.  Not being around, cheating on their mother, the death of their sister, etc.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 3:20 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Easy way to write her out....Bunchy has valid grounds for a clean divorce...well... clean by Donovan standards anyway...

• Love 1

Easy way to write her out....Bunchy has valid grounds for a clean divorce...well... clean by Donovan standards anyway...

Now that I know the general direction of the next season, I think this is likely the case. Kind of funny for a Donovan be offended by cheating though. It's what they do.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Oh boy...Avi is alive!
Now, lets team him up with a resurrected Quinn from Homeland.
And Lena from Ray Donovan.
And the prison guard from The Affair.
Maybe add the FBI guy from The Americans
Throw in Axe from Billions (you always need funding for these teams).
Jamie from Highlander
And Michone and Daryl from The Walking Dead.
Now, THAT would be a TEAM!

• Love 1

Oh no...I just saw the trailer for the upcoming season.
It shows Ray Donovan jumping into the ocean...or the Hudson River.  
Are we reliving "The Affair's" opening credit scene? 
Alison "sinks back into the ocean"
Does this mean Ray is going to drown himself?  Agh!  Not another!