Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Unclean

Andy tries to help his foster daughter overcome her agoraphobia; Marcus and Tomas travel to Seattle, where they encounter a new possession case; Father Bennett tracks down a rogue church operative.

So that is how Tomas and Marcus end up at the house. See Tomas, that is what you get for flirting with a demon, losing your skepticism, and getting sucked in. That possessed Exorcist is Tomas' fate if he keeps this up. He needs to listen to Marcus who was so kind and sweet talking to the poor girl.

That woman was a badass was poisoning the integrated and then, burning them alive. I was yelling, "yeah, that is what you get for your evil." 

I am admire Shelby's faith, but he is insane going into those woods by himself. He is probably right that the demon killed Nicole. 

I think that Grace is real. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 10

It's funny this is the episode where I hopped on the Grace is an imaginary friend wagon and then they show that promo of her finally with the kids, but I think what we'll see is that Andy is the only one interacting with her and she's saying stuff to him that the others don't acknowledge. Kind of like when Casey saw the demon in the subway train and interacted with him.

John Cho is killing it in this role. He's getting to play so much and nailing it in every scene. 

And the social worker having her own side story off the island was nice since it showed her in her element and allowed for the Marcus and Tomas to be brought in.

Why wouldn't Harper's dad get custody? Or was that a lie by Mom to match the O'Neal story and dad is dead or MIA? 

Shelby is trying so hard. Poor kid. And now it's hinted Nicole may not have been suicidal but pushed by the forces into suicide. This poor family has been targeted. Andy you can get being vulnerable after his wife's death Andy his thinking about the road not traveled  up what were the weak links in Nicole? I hope we do  get a flashback episode  showing her descent.

And maaaan The Exorcists are not being killed but integrated? That's some cold blooded measures. No wonder Mouse ain't torn about torching those bastards. It's war.

Tomas must have Sam and Dean Winchester healing powers because the man got hit.in.the.head.with.a.hammer! Then again given his hard headedness with Marcus about super powers from God because he was chosen it may be his having a fortunately thick skull. Nice he's back to being humble. Hopefully this mistake won't make him question his instincts too much when he's right.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

So that is how Tomas and Marcus end up at the house. See Tomas, that is what you get for flirting with a demon, losing your skepticism, and getting sucked in. That possessed Exorcist is Tomas' fate if he keeps this up. He needs to listen to Marcus was so kind and sweet talking to the poor girl.

That woman was a badass was poisoning the integrated and then, burning them alive. I was yelling, "yeah, that is what you get for your evil." 

I am admire Shelby's faith, but he is insane going into those woods by himself. He is probably right that the demon killed Nicole. 

I think that Grace is real. 

Possibly.  Either Grace is a spirit, or the show is faking us out.  Andy yelled at the neighbor to watch his "youngest".  The neighbor knows his family, so he would more likely have said to watch "Grace".

Tomas was humbled much sooner than I expected, so maybe he won't become possessed.

• Love 4

Way too much vomiting for me. Other than that it was really good and the hour flew by. The scene of the possessed men at dinner was pretty cool.

The mom basically poisoning her daughter reminded me of The Sixth Sense, and I had an inkling of it as soon as Marcus started questioning her possession, because I trust him more. I think maybe Tomas' vision was about Grace. Or about Harper, once she gets to Andy's house. I dunno, I just feel like it'll come up again.

Now I'm starting to think Grace is real, but I'll have to wait until next week to see if anyone else acknowledges her.

• Love 3

So many questions about this episode. I almost wondered if the little girl was really possessed after all especially after the crucifixes fell off the wall and I missed why the mom was bleeding.  

So Grace is real. I think there's a demon in the house and maybe one in the woods too. And doesn't a flock of birds hitting your house and dying have to do with end of days? 

The best part was the integrated being poisoned by the crushed up hosts and then being burned. 

Can't wait to learn more about the woman in Europe and the woman in the dungeon who is apparently possessed. I'm so glad this show is back. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So many questions about this episode. I almost wondered if the little girl was really possessed after all especially after the crucifixes fell off the wall and I missed why the mom was bleeding.  

So Grace is real. I think there's a demon in the house and maybe one in the woods too. And doesn't a flock of birds hitting your house and dying have to do with end of days? 

The best part was the integrated being poisoned by the crushed up hosts and then being burned. 

Can't wait to learn more about the woman in Europe and the woman in the dungeon who is apparently possessed. I'm so glad this show is back. 

At first it seemed that the birds flew into the house because of Shelby's prayers - and wouldn't he be powerful if that were true.  But I also remember that he marked the house with the (unbeknownst to him) cursed lamb.  Very interesting how this is building up.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Possibly.  Either Grace is a spirit, or the show is faking us out.  Andy yelled at the neighbor to watch his "youngest".  The neighbor knows his family, so he would more likely have said to watch "Grace".

You make a good point. Now I am back to doubting that Grace is real. However, if she isn't real, she must be the demon appearing to a vulnerable Andy. He is the one who is possessed. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

At first it seemed that the birds flew into the house because of Shelby's prayers - and wouldn't he be powerful if that were true.  But I also remember that he marked the house with the (unbeknownst to him) cursed lamb.  Very interesting how this is building up.  

And it creeped me out when Andy was burying the cursed lamb, heard the noise in the woods, looked back at the lamb and it had appeared to have moved. I think having Shelby and his faith in the house will be a plus. That family is going to need all the help they can get. 

• Love 4

I think that woman with Bennett is a nun. I wonder if the both of them will end up at the house in time to help out or will their story continue to be separate. I have to think that the exorcist's possession would make Bennett worried for Marcus and Tomas.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

The woman being held in the catacombs is played by Karin Konoval, AKA Mrs. Peacock from the notorious X-Files episode "Home." I bet she's been given a lot of latitude to portray Not Right In The Head this time as well.

I need to rewatch, but I thought I heard Marcus pronounce Tomas' name correctly once or twice! I almost wondered if they ADRed it after seeing us bitch about it here, LOL.

• Love 2

Mom most probably rigged the crucifix to fall. She scratched her stomach herself-Marcus said so.

Marcus was so good with the daughter, and I loved how Rose's comment about Harper always being in and out of hospitals twigged him to Munchhausen's By Proxy.

Gah! Dead creepy lamb in a ginormous grave.

I loved how calmly the woman disposed of the possessed.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

Mom most probably rigged the crucifix to fall. She scratched her stomach herself-Marcus said so.

Marcus was so good with the daughter, and I loved how Rose's comment about Harper always being in and out of hospitals twigged him to Munchhausen's By Proxy.

Gah! Dead creepy lamb in a ginormous grave.

I loved how calmly the woman disposed of the possessed.

I was thinking - is that all it takes?  Let's grind up a huge supply of communion wafers.  I wonder what would happen if that were done with someone who's simply possessed.  Would the demon take the body with them, or simply leave?

I don't quite get why an exorcism on Harper would have killed her.  

Since we now know that the devil's been in Tomas's head and influenced his "vision", how can we trust his thought process?  Can't Marcus do a Modified Exorcism (just made that up) to clean Tomas's brain?  Maybe just a blessing?

Kudos to this show for not doing what every horror show does - the obligatory introducing of a pet, only to murder it.  I was expecting to see it's neck broken.  I love that Mouse took the time to save it.

I thought Shelby "marked" the house by applying the cursed lamb's blood, but what if it was actually Andy burying the body on the property?  I feel like one (or both) have marked the house and land.  Maybe Nicole, if she was influenced by the demon, was exposed at the well or that creepy shack.  What if Andy's house and land somehow naturally repelled it, but what's been done with the lamb is a sacrilege and now they're unprotected.

11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Tomas was humbled much sooner than I expected, so maybe he won't become possessed.

Yeah, I picked up on that careful wording too. Interesting.

11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

You make a good point. Now I am back to doubting that Grace is real. However, if she isn't real, she must be the demon appearing to a vulnerable Andy. He is the one who is possessed. 

Wow, that never occurred to me. It would be a very twisted way for this to play out.

• Love 3

I don't quite get why an exorcism on Harper would have killed her.  

Because an exorcism is physically taxing and people do die during them. If the kid isn't possessed, then it's putting a sick child thru a grueling physical marathon that can kill. There's a reason the church actually does investigate possession claims and doesn't just willy nilly perform exorcisms

I totally think this is where it's heading - Andy seems like the obvious choice and the kids are just toys to be used to prod him down the path

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Because an exorcism is physically taxing and people do die during them. If the kid isn't possessed, then it's putting a sick child thru a grueling physical marathon that can kill. There's a reason the church actually does investigate possession claims and doesn't just willy nilly perform exorcisms

I totally think this is where it's heading - Andy seems like the obvious choice and the kids are just toys to be used to prod him down the path

That makes sense.  I thought the danger with death is the demon will fight to stay until the human is dead.  It seems far more physically taxing to have a demon inside tearing your soul apart, than to be hallucinating from a medication.  But I'm willing to go with that explanation.

I think the ultimate goal is for Andy to be possessed, but I'm struggling with the idea that he's currently possessed.  Why would a demon continue to either hallucinate Grace, or be kind to a real child?  Why would it fight to keep the kids - demons want to isolate their target from other people.  It goes against everything demons have every been represented to be, if it even pretends to be kind and gentle.  The house would be experiencing all the things that demons cause - bad odors, cold spots, feelings of oppression and difficulty breathing, scratches, tapping, etc.  Maybe I just prefer to see the entire process, rather than start with someone already possessed.

Well, I don't think Andy is currently possessed but that "Grace" is the demon who is worming into Andy. 

And I don't think Grace is a real child and here's my logical reasoning. The social worker was investigating Munchasen Mom because the child in question wasn't attending school. "Grace" hasn't been attending school but the social worker makes no mention of that at all, or at the reality that there's a child with a serious mental disturbance who hides from the other children, refuses to interact or leave the house and who wears a pillow case over her face. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Well, I don't think Andy is currently possessed but that "Grace" is the demon who is worming into Andy. 

And I don't think Grace is a real child and here's my logical reasoning. The social worker was investigating Munchasen Mom because the child in question wasn't attending school. "Grace" hasn't been attending school but the social worker makes no mention of that at all, or at the reality that there's a child with a serious mental disturbance who hides from the other children, refuses to interact or leave the house and who wears a pillow case over her face. 

Oh I've been on the "Grace isn't a real child" train for a while.  I went back and watched episodes one and two, and no one else sees Grace or makes mention of her.  I also decided in episode two that Andy is the true target.  I like that they're prolonging and building this up, but they need to throw us a bone.  I feel like next week's episode may finally reveal who Grace really is.  Or, they're baiting those who think Grace is fake by making it look like Grace is interacting with the other kids.  

I still haven't gotten a bad vibe from Rose, and it's kind of cool that she's the link between these two separate stories.  I think Harper is a good addition, because I find the other kids' acting fine, but nothing special.  I think there will be a problem when everyone expects Harper to take the one available room in the attic, and Andy tries to introduce Grace to her new roommate . . . 

• Love 1

God sure does work in mysterious ways doesn't he? He brings the exorcist team to the same general area as a woman faking a possession, and to the social worker who just so happens to be also working on an island where a real possession is coming. On any other show, I would say its a bit contrived, but here? Maybe God is pulling some strings. 

Such an intense episode, I love this show. Poor Harper, goes from a probably Munchhausen mom poisoning her, to a house with an actual demon presence. Marcus was so sweet with her that whole time. I just love him so much. Glad that it looks like Tomas has already been humbled and is going to stop letting demons take his brain out to drinks every few weeks. I dont want to see he or Marcus end up like the poor lady in the basement dungeon. 

I did like Rose being the thing that connected Marcus and Tomas to Andy and the foster kids. She seems really competent and confident as a social worker, and it was nice seeing her bond more with Andy. Speaking of, I am now pretty convinced that Andy is the real target of the possession, not any of the kids. I think the kids could be a target, but Andy seems to be the one getting the most creepy stuff, and he is clearly dealing with some serious (mental) demons, I think he is the one the demon really wants. The last demon seemed to enjoy corrupting cute teenaged girls, but this demon might want to corrupt good people who help others become good people. I think his wife was either driven to suicide by the demon, or she was possessed as well and killed herself to escape or because it made her. This whole family was targeted. 

I love the new European woman who is taking the fight to the evil priest/demons. Poisons all the priest/demons, sets them on fire, and then saves the kitty cat. I am already excited to see more of her. 

This is just such a perfect Halloween show. 

• Love 3

I wonder why the new demon-fighting woman is keeping the possessed nun alive, but had no problem killing the possessed men? I'm assuming she's going to try to find a way to exorcise the nun. Maybe she has an emotional attachment to her.

Also, it worries me that apparently there needs to be two adults in a foster home. Maybe Marcus could move in and help raise the kids. He's so good with them. :) Although the way Andy looked at Rose when he joked that she could always move in, made me swoon a bit. He has such a lovely smile and is so sincere. He better make it out of this alive!

• Love 1
On 10/14/2017 at 9:36 PM, pezgirl7 said:

I wonder why the new demon-fighting woman is keeping the possessed nun alive, but had no problem killing the possessed men? I'm assuming she's going to try to find a way to exorcise the nun. Maybe she has an emotional attachment to her.

She told Bennett that she was taking him to her source so I think that she is getting info from the demon in the possession nun.

On 10/14/2017 at 5:48 PM, tennisgurl said:

God sure does work in mysterious ways doesn't he? He brings the exorcist team to the same general area as a woman faking a possession, and to the social worker who just so happens to be also working on an island where a real possession is coming. On any other show, I would say its a bit contrived, but here? Maybe God is pulling some strings. 

God is definitely helping out here and there, but I wish we could see some more active assistance like an Angel coming to help or the like.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:33 PM, ZoloftBlob said:

Like with Casey, the demon is hanging around Andy until it can make its final move into him. Tomas and Marcus' arrival will no doubt force its hand.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

In the scene with Andy coaxing Grace out of the house, when Grace finally goes outside and Andy takes off her mask, Grace is off camera while Andy is talking to her, only her reflection in the door window is visible.  Leading me to believe, along with the 'my youngest' remark, that Grace is indeed definitely not human.

• Love 4

Another good episode. I knew right off the bat that the "possessed" girl was dealing with Munchhausen's By Proxy, but I will admit once or twice I started to doubt myself.

Real or not, I felt a bit bad for Grace who finally stepped outside, just to have hundreds for poor birds crash into the house and die. I would never go outside again if I were her, heh.

And I'm excited to have Marcus and Tomas finally show up at the group home. Let the craziness begin.

• Love 1

Considering last season's low ratings, I'm reallllly hoping they won't end this season on a cliffhanger. I can just see the final scene being one of our holy trio with an extra eyeball due to forced integration.

Grace seems like a sweetheart. I'm probably wrong and she's just luring Andy in, but my bet is on ghost because I think she's an earlier victim of the demon. The promotional posters for this season had the phrase "it has awakened," so presumably this thing was causing problems before, probably long before Andy's wife died. So once upon a time Grace was killed and that's why she's afraid to go outside - because that's where it lives.

• Love 3