Type keyword(s) to search

Curb Your Enthusiasm - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

If the discussion is about actresses in their sixties and seventies whom people think would be funny as new girlfriends for Larry, and they're not getting work because the star and show-runner prefers women 20-25 years younger than he is, then that's something else. 

It's a Hollywood epidemic that women over 30 aren't getting as much work as men the same age, and it's because of men in power with the same mentality as Larry David's.  That younger women are always better.

People bend over backwards coming up with explanations for why Larry just HAS to date women 20-40 years younger but the reality is - he doesn't.  He just doesn't.  He wants to, because he wants younger women around him and he thinks he's entitled to that.  That's it.  All these platitudes about free love and Larry's rich and 70 is the new 50 and blah blah don't answer how it always seems to be the pattern of much older men and much younger women.

Larry has had love interests that lasted for more than one episode.  Cheryl, Loretta, Lauren Graham.  It does happen.  He's also had exes who have come back to him.  They don't all just 'crash and burn' in one episode but they are all significantly younger than he is.

There's no need in my opinion to put some kind of altruistic or fun spin on Larry's ageism towards women.  He likes younger, thin, usually blonde women.  Period.  That's who he thinks he should be seen dating on television and that's who he thinks he should employ.  Even when it's women simply playing receptionists or eye doctors or people just AROUND or his friends' love interests - Kaley Cuoco, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, Megan Ferguson, etc. etc. - most of them look like this.

Larry fully contributes to the mentality that younger women are more worthy.  And that older women (with the exception of Susie) shouldn't even be seen, let alone heard.  Some people will laugh it off and say "Oh that's just Larry", but I think that it's definitely worthy to scrutinize.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Larry has had love interests that lasted for more than one episode.  Cheryl, Loretta, Lauren Graham.  It does happen.  He's also had exes who have come back to him.  They don't all just 'crash and burn' in one episode but they are all significantly younger than he is.

I wrote "an episode or two," but Cheryl is the only meaningful exception of the ones you list, and she's a core cast member. He doesn't keep a girlfriend for any duration. He and Loretta did crash and burn with an episode or two. There was nothing romantic there for most of season 6. They got together at the very end of the season, and the first two episodes of the next were about him trying to end it. Lauren Graham...okay, she lasted three. I should have said it'll be over within one or two episodes, three if all the stars line up just right.  

Yes, they've all been younger than he is. So it's a show in which a wealthy, celebrated, famous Hollywood person dates women who are younger than he is (although mature women, as these recent ones have hovered around the 50 mark). For short periods of time, he can get them.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, aghst said:

Hey maybe like the shows in the show, Larry doesn't get final word on casting.

Maybe the HBO execs are making him cast these younger actresses.

No?

No.  There are other HBO shows that aren't like this at all.  HBO lets Larry David take 6 or 7 years off between seasons and he can come back whenever.  Who else has that kind of power over a network?  Larry casts who he wants.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

No.  There are other HBO shows that aren't like this at all.  HBO lets Larry David take 6 or 7 years off between seasons and he can come back whenever.  Who else has that kind of power over a network?  Larry casts who he wants.

He is just too old for this shtik in my opinion. He looks horrible and he looks more than his age. The role as scripted should be for at most a 55 year old man. How is an almost 75 year old geezer pulling this childish shtik and not considered a cantankerous fool ready for nights of gin rummy in an assisted living home? 

The script is funny but he just doesn't suit the part anymore IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

He is just too old for this shtik in my opinion. He looks horrible and he looks more than his age.

Personally, when I look again at the early seasons, I think he's physically changed less than everyone else who goes that far back: Cheryl, Jeff, Susie, Richard, Ted. But he never looked "young" in the first place, at least not in his Curb period.

Nonetheless, I think Curb has one more season in it at most, and LD's aging (and that of the rest of the cast) is one of the reasons he'll probably let it recede into TV history soon. Bob Einstein is gone. Richard Lewis has had significant health problems. They're alluding to aging more now, for example, with the plot about an acquaintance having dementia, and Lucy not considering Larry sexual anymore because he walked into a door. Comedy is, in large part, founded on being willing to look foolish, but there are limits. Even if HBO keeps giving him this golden deal, I don't think he's going to want to be in his eighties in season 17 running down the sidewalk with a furious ethnic-food proprietor in chase (or whatever).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

Personally, when I look again at the early seasons, I think he's physically changed less than everyone else who goes that far back: Cheryl, Jeff, Susie, Richard, Ted. But he never looked "young" in the first place, at least not in his Curb period.

It's the Patrick Stewart phenomenon - if you're already bald when you're middle aged then people think you're older than you are for a while before marveling at how you don't age as the years pass if you stay in reasonably good shape.  The other thing Larry has going for him is that his voice hasn't changed that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I guess I see the show differently than some, I've always thought most of the characters like Larry, Susie, Jeff and Leon were pretty reprehensible. They're hilarious, but so reprehensible.    I've always seen Larry dating younger women as an extension of that fact.  He's shallow, persnickety, rude, crude, vain and highly entitled.  It's no surprise he dates younger women, and it's no surprise younger women date him because he's single, rich, in show biz and has a huge house in La La Land.

• Love 13

I guess about or at least half of the people on the show dated or were married to age appropriate women - Jeff, Marty Funkhauser, Leon.  Even when Wanda Sykes was marrying Krayzee Eyes Killa, WANDA was the older one. Larry and Richard were always going after younger women and now Freddy with Kaley Cuoco.  I understand if you want Kaley on the show because she's a big name in comedy, but she could have played anyone and not have to have played Vince Vaughn's love interest. 

I definitely related to Larry a lot in the early years so yeah I'm having more of an issue with how he is lately.

• Love 1

Guest stars like Kaley Cuoco are probably doing one-shot appearances, rather than doing a number of shows.  She's in demand, whereas Vince Vaughn may no longer be.

So maybe the case with Lucy Liu and Bowen.  They probably may not appear again or if they do, it will be one-offs, not some continuous recurring roles.

They may be trying to fit these stars in however they can and Larry can have them as dates since his dates don't become relationships, at least in the later seasons.

Larry isn't settling down in his old age.  He isn't going for early bird dinners or glued to his seat watching Fox News all day.

Still plays golf, pitches shows and gets into shenanigans.  So he's not age-appropriate in the rest of his life, why should he be age-appropriate in the women he sleeps with?

Or not, in the case of Gabby or Lucy Liu?

But it's done for comedy, not to promote a view that only much younger women are worth dating.

• Love 1

I'm hoping they pick up again on the Hulu show with the extortion plot. Ted Danson and Cheryl haven't been around much. I want to see them again. 

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I guess I see the show differently than some, I've always thought most of the characters like Larry, Susie, Jeff and Leon were pretty reprehensible.

There's no doubt here, but I love Susie and would put up with a lot. People get mad here if I start yelling like she does, but then I'm like, 'ok lunch?' 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Larry sets himself up in the scripts with a 36 year old because he does not accept he is now an old man. He looks every bit of almost 75 and what 36 year old woman would go with a man who is old enough to be her grandfather?

Maybe the woman he's married to in real life?  I can't get a good read on her actual age, but probably around 40.  I don't know whether he accepts that he's an old man or not, but it doesn't seem to matter because he's writing what he's experiencing.

I saw The Souvenir, Part II, the other day.  The protagonist is directing a student film, which she wrote based on a relationship she had.  At one point the actress is saying she's having trouble with some of the plot, because that's not how it would happen in real life.  The director replied, exasperatedly, "It did happen."

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Larry looks very old. I don’t understand how women, any age, could tolerate how negative, critical and petty he is.

That's funny, because I've been thinking that I need to keep a scorecard of Larry's and my similarities in each episode.  I definitely felt his pain at losing his shortcut to the Valley, and I have the same reaction he does to people asking for prayers.  Like, literally.  His whole rant, including whether I'll be the tipping point when God's assessing the situation.  However I'm never an asshole about it, and just nod and go along, because there's no middle ground. 

Larry and I are kindred souls on many matters.  I think it would be fun to tolerate him, and even funner with that much money.  But I'm only about 10 years younger than him, so I'm disqualified.  His loss.

9 hours ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

Even if HBO keeps giving him this golden deal, I don't think he's going to want to be in his eighties in season 17 running down the sidewalk with a furious ethnic-food proprietor in chase (or whatever).

You never know.  Who would have predicted the Rolling Stones would still be performing pretty much the same act they've been performing forever?

• Love 3

Ultimately it’s Larry’s show and he can write it any way he chooses. Much of the plot lines and logic were very far fetched even in the early years, with just some sprinkles of realism. Perhaps it’s just becoming tiresome 20 years later because he hasn’t ever really evolved the characters; instead he comes across more irate, annoying, and intentionally provocative rather than the unfortunate schlimazel with hilarious results.

The only unbelievable part is that Larry, as a known social pariah, still gets invited to pitch network projects, much less is welcomed at dinner parties and events and still gets to date younger women. Though in Hollywood it seems you put up with a lot of asshole personalities if they meet your bottom line. That’s where I suppose CYE falls between the line of satire and reality.

Edited by Not4Me
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

What a joke! Let me stop while I am ahead. 

I am not done. I had a thought. It is not about the age of the women LD does cast. It is about the women he does not cast. He is married to a woman in her 30s (that's his business) but he casts his romantic interests as also very young women and in doing so he shows clear contempt for older women.

He should cast 60 year old grandmas to be his girlfriends. How about Caroline Aaron or Diane Wiest? 

Edited by LoveLeigh
missing word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

He should cast 60 year old grandmas to be his girlfriends. How about Caroline Aaron or Diane Wiest? 

I doubt that that will happen; I think late forties/early fifties is where he's settled for his girlfriends-of-the-week. But Aaron was good in the few episodes she did in season 3. She was Cheryl's friend Barbara, a weepy widow whose late husband had the same taste in shirts as Larry. When last seen, she was taking part in the mass cursing at the opening of the new restaurant.

I read an interview with her in which she said it was a fond memory, although the improvisation was scary. She loved that Larry had created a character for her, on a show in which some people play themselves.

This latest episode was the kind of episode I liked.  Fun to see Seth Rogen.  Sometimes I think the guest stars are a bit much (Josh Gad now too) but Seth fit in with Larry's style very well.  Though I don't get how on one hand he's pissed off that Larry used a female driver and then on the other hand he's saying that Larry also can't complain about it or get out of it.  

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My mom used to ask me to remind her to do stuff. I love her so much; she is my hero. But I doubt she realized how much I stressed about remembering to remind her.

That was a really good bit between him and Freddy.  Exactly like Freddy said, that's what your phone alarm is for, but Larry used the excuse that his battery was too low.  

Maybe Larry sort of judged the driver when he met her, but she ended up not being able to do the job.  At that point, you have to say you won't use her anymore.  Not that he was able to convey that to the rep, LOL.  

I thought the obese roofer thing was really weird.  Like not only is the guy big but he has to have all these other bad qualities too?  He...... steals phone chargers?  I don't understand the point of this story. Once again Larry has to stick in something that's really low brow or taboo or both.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

They cast the smallest woman they could find just for the visuals of her struggling with all of Larry's luggage -- why does he take so much to stay a night or two over at Freddy's -- and Larry wrestling with her.

Seth Rogen was okay, a guest star who wasn't as funny as one might expect.

Guest stars often hit but I don't know, I think Suzie doing another swearing jag would have been funnier.

They're actually filming the show or just building the sets?  After 11 seasons over 20 years, they will actually have a show within a show?  Larry's been pitching new TV shows over the course of CYE's run but the joke was, he never successfully got a show made, even with the former Seinfeld stars attached.

I don't now if Freddy is as funny as Marty Funkhauser.  The conflicts Larry had with Marty produced better scenes than anything between Larry and Freddy.  Like this episode, the thing about the last Perrier, just didn't hit.

The roofer story wasn't that funny, the thing with the chiropractor with bad underwear, meh.  Since when do chiropractors write prescriptions for drugs?

There are so many plots he's juggling in each episode this season.  Is it just to get as many guest actors on the show?  I don't recognize the limo driver or the roofer but maybe Larry liked those actors and wanted to get them on the show?

• Love 5

The new sitcom starring Alexander and then Louis-Dreyfus didn't happen, but the Seinfeld reunion actually crossed the finish line. Larry himself departed during rehearsals, but the others went ahead. And they appeared to have used the earlier draft Larry wrote before he got jealous and started insisting George and his ex-wife deliver their lines from far apart.

So, prior to this season, he was one for two with season-arc TV projects. I guess he was one for two with live theater as well (The Producers made it to opening night; Fatwa! didn't).  

The obese roofer was Brad Grunberg, who appears to have guest-starred on just about every TV series to have aired between 1990 and now. The tiny driver was Iris Anthony (who looks a little like Laurie Metcalf). She doesn't have a lot of prior credits, and most of the ones she has are shorts (heh).

Someone falling through a roof for the punch line of an episode is...well, not the kind of humor I typically associate with this show.  

I don't know about this season. I still enjoy watching it, but I'm not finding it as funny as any prior season, including the two most recent ones. And it isn't about being offended or feeling the show's humor no longer works in the present era, or anything like that. I just don't find it inspired. It's coasting along being Curb-ish. Maybe LD needed a longer break.

Edit: Another example of diminishing returns -- the bit about Harrison Ford being a client of the chiropractor reminded me of the therapist who was all, "I had a client. He was quite an illustrious well-known director. I don't want to reveal who he was, but he did direct Star Wars."

But I loved it that just days after I used "plastic over the couch" in this thread as shorthand for the seniors of a prior era, we got that as a set-dressing detail in Young Larry.

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, aghst said:

why does he take so much to stay a night or two over at Freddy's

In the first place, it made no sense for Larry to be staying at Freddy's or anyone else's house. Larry has hotel money and hates people. Why wouldn't he get a hotel for two days? He gets a car service to drive him around instead of a Lyft but doesn't get a hotel?

The roofer bit was too corny but we were rolling over the chiropractor's underwear. I have some pajama pants that look like that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

In the first place, it made no sense for Larry to be staying at Freddy's or anyone else's house. Larry has hotel money and hates people. Why wouldn't he get a hotel for two days? He gets a car service to drive him around instead of a Lyft but doesn't get a hotel?

Yes that is interesting.  Larry says he hates people but do you notice he is never alone?  Leon lives in his place.  They are always chatting.  Jeff is always around too.  He obviously really likes Freddy.  He has never lived alone.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes that is interesting.  Larry says he hates people but do you notice he is never alone?  Leon lives in his place.  They are always chatting.  Jeff is always around too.  He obviously really likes Freddy.  He has never lived alone.  

Of course, Larry may hate (most) people but he also loves having an audience.  Can't spread your wisdom to an empty room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, Larry's new wife is 36:

Ashley Underwood/Age

36 years

February 8, 1985

It looks like you just quoted what's at the top of the google results page.  Always dangerous.

I said upthread I couldn't get a good read on her age, and that's because there are so many conflicting reports, and websites just copy information from other websites, which adds to the number of times something is said but not the accuracy of it.

In this case, it appears there are two Ashley Underwoods that are being confused--Larry David's wife and some gal who was on Survivor.  The Daily Mail said this:

There had been some speculation over Underwood's age, but she has stated in an Instagram post that she was born in 1978.

They didn't show the post, unfortunately, but it's a lot more information than other sites that just state a birth year that happens to be the same as the Survivor Ashley Underwood.

Here's a photo from 2018.  According to Google, this woman is 33; I'm more likely to believe 40:

ashley-underwood-larry-david-5-things-ap

• Love 4

Okay, I don't know about dangerous. She's not a celebrity so it makes perfect sense that we don't know her exact age.  We shouldn't, really.  It's her business. She's almost a private citizen. Regardless, she's a lot younger than he is.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, Not4Me said:

The only unbelievable part is that Larry, as a known social pariah, still gets invited to pitch network projects, much less is welcomed at dinner parties and events and still gets to date younger women. Though in Hollywood it seems you put up with a lot of asshole personalities if they meet your bottom line. That’s where I suppose CYE falls between the line of satire and reality.

I agree on the social engagements. It seems like even people who are horrified by Larry are still eager to hang out with him.

I can buy that Susie still associates with him, just because of his long symbiotic history with her and Jeff. But in a lot of cases, it just doesn't make sense. Like the veteran who was appalled that Larry didn't thank him for his service, but then wanted Larry to come to a revolutionary war reenactment with him.

However, when it comes to him dating with younger women, and getting offers to create shows, I can believe it. I think there would be tons of people lining up to work with the co-creator of Seinfeld. And tons of women willing to date a celebrity (of sorts) worth hundreds of millions, whose sense of humor spawned a beloved TV series.

Anyway, I liked this episode overall. It made me laugh harder than any other episode this season, besides the klansman/watermelon episode. 

With the chiropractor, though, wouldn't him constantly exposing his underwear/plumber butt be a bigger issue than the quality of his underwear? (If a woman with a comparable body type had repeatedly been showing that much skin to Larry, there's no way he would have focused on how worn her underwear was.)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Like the veteran who was appalled that Larry didn't thank him for his service, but then wanted Larry to come to a revolutionary war reenactment with him.

It was the other way around. Larry asked Victor to come to the Revolutionary War reenactment (which he'd learned about from the talkative gatekeeper at the club) as a way of making up with him for not thanking him for his service. And I could buy that Victor would go along. He was miffed over not being thanked for his service, but he was engaged to Sammi, and he knew this was someone significant in the Greenes' lives. 

In real life, I do think Larry would be so scandalized by now, even with Seinfeld to his co-credit, that it wouldn't be so easy for him to get project after project going. But I've always been willing to buy into CYE as the kind of sitcom where they go for the laugh and nothing leaves much of a mark by next week. I remember a Simpsons episode in which the family muses in a meta way that no matter what crazy developments happen, they always seem to end up back where they started. That's CYE, more or less. Larry and Cheryl actually going through with the divorce is the only real game-changer the show has ever committed to.

16 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Oh, Larry and Susie are the best of friends. Don't let them fool you. 

Yeah, I've always thought she liked him. In one of her first appearances, she's defending him to her mother-in-law, and she's taken his side several other times. She was really sweet to him when he showed up unannounced after Cheryl left him. She made a place for him at the table, had her arm around him, was saying consoling things.

Of course, he then ruined it by complaining that the plate she brought him was smaller than everyone else's plate, and then she started yelling for him to get out. But they just have that bickering dynamic.

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
  • Love 1

F-A-T positive.

Does Seth Rogan ever do accents?

I just realized I've never had a woman optometrist in decades of having my eyes examined. Not sure how to interpret that since it was not a deliberate choice. Maybe the profession is predominantly compromised of men?

I just didn’t find this episode humorous at all. Too much slapstick, and it feels to me like Larry is really forcing the curmudgeonly bits now, instead of it being natural Larry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

I just didn’t find this episode humorous at all. Too much slapstick, and it feels to me like Larry is really forcing the curmudgeonly bits now, instead of it being natural Larry.

My son is twelve. It feels as if his friends wrote and directed these episodes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I just realized I've never had a woman optometrist in decades of having my eyes examined. Not sure how to interpret that since it was not a deliberate choice. Maybe the profession is predominantly compromised of men?

I've only had one. She was in a practice with a few male partners, and I saw all of them at various times. Unless you had a preference, you got the optometrist who had the most convenient opening. The funny thing is that she looked like Cheryl Hines (early-Curb Cheryl), and I remember telling people about it.

Anyway, a 2021 article claims that 45.1 percent of practicing optometrists in the U.S. and its territories are female, which is up a point from 2020. 

Seth and Larry also mentioned urology. That's a really male-dominated specialty, although it used to be even more so.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

F-A-T positive.

Does Seth Rogan ever do accents?

I've had several in the past 10 years that were women - I can think of four.  Haven't had a male one since I was a kid I don't think.  Also one of my female friends is an ophthalmologist.  I am in Canada though. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2021 at 2:46 AM, aghst said:

There are so many plots he's juggling in each episode this season.  Is it just to get as many guest actors on the show? 

He almost totally dropped the "bad actor" Marsha Lipschitz plot, except for referencing how bad she is when Jeff and Larry walked through the airport.  

I am sure he will get back to her and Young Larry but the last three episodes were not part of this season's theme. Not that it matters, just an observation. 

On 11/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay, I don't know about dangerous. She's not a celebrity so it makes perfect sense that we don't know her exact age. 

I meant that relying on Google's answer is dangerous from a spreading misinformation standpoint.  Google doesn't even give its source. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:01 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Fun to see Seth Rogen.  Sometimes I think the guest stars are a bit much (Josh Gad now too) but Seth fit in with Larry's style very well. 

I thought Seth Rogen fit in perfectly.  I'd love to see much more of him in this.

• Love 1

Whatever plot runs through the season has always been loosely applied, with a lot of digressions. There are episodes in season 3 that have little to do with the restaurant, in season 4 that have little to do with The Producers, and in season 9 that have little to do with either Fatwa! or the fatwa. 

For instance, if you watch "The Car Pool Lane" or "Wandering Bear" and you don't know/remember which season they're from, you might think they could be from any of the first five. Except for his telling Antoinette to pick up sheet music from Mel's office for him in "Wandering Bear," I don't think there's anything in them that references or advances the Larry-takes-Broadway plot. And it's been a while, but I don't think there's anything that advances the plot of Larry trying to find a woman to cheat with before his wedding anniversary, which was the other arc that season.

Unrelated: Susie Essman promises that the last four episodes of the season are "off the charts."

• Love 2
On 11/28/2021 at 11:06 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought the obese roofer thing was really weird.  Like not only is the guy big but he has to have all these other bad qualities too?  He...... steals phone chargers?  

And apparently is so frequently in need of one that he has an extra long power cord in his tool box that reaches to the roof of Larry's mansion.  Or else Leon's does, which makes even less sense.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:46 PM, aghst said:

The roofer story wasn't that funny, the thing with the chiropractor with bad underwear, meh.  Since when do chiropractors write prescriptions for drugs?

Chiro's can't prescribe medicine. The only way I got around that was maybe he was writing down an OTC something just so Larry wouldn't have to remember it.  After all, he apparently needs all those reminders (who's going to forget to feed a meter on a tow day? Or even on a regular day?  Maybe being half a billionaire does that to you.)

It would have been a nice touch if the chiro's notepad was in a drawer and he had to bend down to take it out and before he did he hitched up his pants and looked at Larry with his eyebrows raised, like "Eh? Eh? No underwear showing."

On 12/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Jeff always wisely stays out of it when they get going. 

Isn't Jeff Larry's manager or agent?  Maybe they've gotten past that, but I always assumed that his star is tied directly to Larry's, so he's always going to to take Larry's side. It kind of surprised me when he wouldn't share his charger.  

On 12/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

F-A-T positive.

Yeah, and pimento is that "same s**t that come out of a lady after she have a baby."  Only chuckle I got out of the entire show, but I'm a pretty tough crowd.

The roofer crashing through the ceiling was funny in a Three Stooges/Marx Brothers kind of way. Not in a CYE way, though.  When they showed the hole in the roof I thought Larry would say something like, "Y'know what? A skylight? Maybe not such a bad idea." 

Edited by Lone Wolf

Jeff is way more scared of Susie than he cares about pleasing Larry and has definitely taken her side on several occasions even if he didn't agree with her.  When Susie throws Larry out of the house, Jeff just sits there and Larry goes "Ok bye!"

• Love 2

I'm a bit lost.  I thought a few episodes back, Larry got out of hiring the guy's daughter for his show.  Suddenly she's back again.  Obviously, I misunderstood something from a few episodes back?  I thought that issue was resolved?

I recognize the Young Larry actor, just don't remember from where.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1