Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor in the Media

Trini
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Virtual said:

That sucks, especially since we already had to wait two weeks for this episode. You’d think they could air it during the later night hours so it wouldn’t bump TV show episodes.

It’s Sweeps. Ratings are everything in November, February, and May. An exclusive interview with Pence is a ratings grab.

13 hours ago, Fable said:

Isn't there supposed to be a backdoor pilot coming up?  I wonder if it's about that.  

Hide contents

Something about a lawyer I think I've heard. 

The backdoor pilot was supposed to be March 6th, but they invert it with the following episode.

Edited by Jim Marlowe
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Tragic accident?  Who's a goner ?

The synopsis wants us to think it's either

Perez or Kalu[/quote] but all it really says for sure is that they were involved in an accident. Maybe they were there and someone else dies? Or maybe they want to kill off yet another minority character and it WILL be one of those two docs

• Useful 1

Few (big) spoilers for the season finale:

Spoiler

- Main medical event is a massive crash in a tunnel, Perez and Jared will be caught in it

- Glassman will not appear at all in the finale

- an ambulance will have a huge crash, apparently both surgeons would be in it

Edited by Jim Marlowe
  • Useful 1
On 4/19/2023 at 7:55 PM, possibilities said:

The synopsis wants us to think it's either

Reveal spoiler

Perez or Kalu[/quote] but all it really says for sure is that they were involved in an accident. Maybe they were there and someone else dies? Or maybe they want to kill off yet another minority character and it WILL be one of those two docs

Spoiler

From the clip it looks  like Danny is in trouble But the nurse that is dating Asher is also there.  Maybe Danny and kulua is a red herring and it’s the nurse.  I like them all and don’t want to lose any of the cast.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

Brandon Larracuente (Daniel) leaving at the end of the season
https://deadline.com/2023/04/brandon-larracuente-leaving-the-good-doctor-1235341219/

I’m glad the actor has another job.  But sad to see him go.  

Love how they always say the character’s storyline had come  to an end. They were just introducing a romance with him and Jordan? They did the same thing when Claire and Menendez left. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sad, but 7 years is a good run. I personally believe most scripted shows should only last 5-7 years

• Like 4

Definitely a little sad that this is the end, but seven seasons is nothing to sneeze at in this day and age.  Plus, usually moving time-slots means its getting to that point that it's on its way out anyway.

I did like this quote from Freddie: especially the last part!

“Playing Dr. Shaun Murphy has been an immense privilege and one of the most remarkable and rewarding experiences of my life,” Highmore said. “I will always be grateful to David, Liz, and Erin as well as the hugely talented – and lovely – cast, writers, and crew who made this show possible. Caring deeply is what got us here. Thank you to Sony and ABC, and to everyone who has watched along at home. With love from Vancouver… tequila, stat!”

Also, I missed it but apparently Chuku Modu will be back as a regular for the final season.  Hope they get Antonia Thomas back for at least one episode.  Maybe even Hill Harper too, although I know he is busy with the political campaign and whatnot.

• Like 2

Yeah, shame to hear this news, but I am glad they got to get seven seasons, and I'm also glad that they know ahead of time that this will be the last season, so they can properly wrap everything up. 

And yes, here's hoping they're able to bring back any familiar faces who want/are able to appear if they get the opportunity. It'd be nice to see them be part of the final goodbye as well. 

• Like 2

My understanding is that for most scripted series, cast members' contracts run for six seasons, with an option for a seventh. After that, the cast will want astronomically high salaries to come back. Unless the show is a mega-hit in the ratings it will probably be cancelled in the sixth or seventh season. It's also why there are usually cast changes in longer-running series, as actors' salaries make them financially expendable.

The "One Chicago" trilogy is a typical example of this. Those shows are at the top of the NBC scripted lineup and are not really losing money, but it's very easy to drop a handful of longer-term actors and replace them with younger/cheaper talent to keep the show financially viable.

Of course, when a network sees a bubble show that's lost its creative steam it's a good bet that it won't be renewed. New Amserdam fell into this category. If it had One Chicago's ratings they'd have just turned most of the cast over, fired the writers and gone off in a different direction, but with bad ratings and bad storytelling it was a goner following the two-season renewal.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

My understanding is that for most scripted series, cast members' contracts run for six seasons, with an option for a seventh. After that, the cast will want astronomically high salaries to come back.

To be fair, I doubt it's "astronomical"; but people do want raises. Like most other jobs.

Deadline had an article with speculation about TGD specifically: 'Seven-Year Cancellation Itch: Why ‘Good Doctor’, ‘Station 19’ & Other Broadcast Series Are Ending After 7 Seasons'

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Not a huge surprise, but still welcomed: both Antonia Thomas and Brandon Larracuente will be returning at some point for the final season.  Figured they would want Claire to come back in some form since she was one of the OGs: plus, with Jared back, I see them wanting some form of closure with those two characters.  As for Daniel, I imagine they will also want a closure of some kind for him and Jordan.  Curious to see how this goes!

• Like 1

Looking especially forward to Claire's return, but yeah, it'l be nice to get as many cast members back as they can before the show wraps up. I'm glad they're getting a chance to join in the opportunity to say goodbye. 

• Like 1

With 10 episodes and the latest press release being available for the 8th episode, it looks like the season finale will likely be on May 21

• Useful 2

Awwwwww, lovely photos indeed, thanks for the link. Seems like a really fun, friendly set to work on :). 

I remember there was a great sendoff for "Bates Motel" when that show ended its run, too - I'm glad Freddie Highmore's been able to have that kind of experience with both shows. 

• Like 1