Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Lazaretto

tessaray

So I guess that confirms the hallucination theory.  Hmm... I would have rather that he'd cloned himself...

And I guess good riddance, Fletcher.  

This episode was just so-so, and I'm losing interest in this season.  Next week is a two hour finale, and I am interested in how they wrap this up.  Maybe next season can fix a lot of the inconsistencies and flaws of this season so they can go out on a positive note.

• Love 2

Sasha was so pissed when Wolf and Danny improvised. I guess going off-script is only okay when it's her. Plot-wise, the only thing this episode told us was that nostos isn't only in the tea but also in the food and that the next destination is Malta. And we still don't know what is wrong with Jeter. And Fletch is dead because he trusted Giorgio. And Giorgio is desperate for daddy's love but he is not Christos and so he will never be favorite.

For an episode with fire fights and fist fights, that was pretty boring. I'm so ready for this season to end because I don't know how much longer they can drag this whole red rust and nostos thing.

Edited by ChiliCrab
Added some stuff.
  • Love 3

So, did that dinner party take place BEFORE Christos was killed ?  Because Giorgio and Lucia seemed to play off of him.

Considering that Vellek just cured the red rust days ago, how do they already have so many crops that are able to mature to be harvested and have the anti-aggression gene so quickly. Did a miss a transition slide with the mice from the movie ' Babe' saying "3 months later"

Smell ya later Fletch.  You will not be missed. Same goes for Demetrios.  And Ares.

• Love 1

Sometimes it is the small moments that work the best, and I'll admit I enjoyed the smirk Wolf gave once Green gave him the go ahead to beatdown the asshole guard.  That idiot picked the wrong guy to torture and mess with!

Surprise, surprise! Christos/Drew Roy is actually dead and just a figment of Vellek's imagination due to taking that hallucination drug.  It look like he was wearing the same outfit when he got beat up/mugged that he wore at the dinner, so I guess it's suppose to be that Vellek feels guilt about it because their argument made him leave early and he might not have been attacked if that didn't happen?  As for Lucia and Giorgio, I wonder if they're just too afraid to confront Vellek about it, and find it easier to just go along with his delusions.

Oh, no!  Not... Fletcher?  Way too obvious that he wasn't going to get through to Giorgio.  I guess this is going to make Sasha all sad, since she was suddenly all "Wait, he told us where they are and apologized!  Maybe he isn't that bad!!!" about it.

Nice going, Jeter.  Thanks to hiding your injury, you end up fucking up the mission and put everyone's life at risk.  As much as I love him, I really hope Chandler or Slattery give him the third degree for this, because that really could have ended much worse for everyone there.

Surprised this season is already almost done.  While this show has always been fluff, there really doesn't feel like anything significant or interesting happened this go around.  Peter Weller camping it up as been the highlight by a mile, but that's about it.  And I feel like over half of the characters (Green, Foster, Granderson, etc.) have barely done anything.  Hell, they seemed to have dropped the conflict between Miller and Burk as well.  Is it just getting too much for them?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Nice going, Jeter.  Thanks to hiding your injury, you end up fucking up the mission and put everyone's life at risk.  As much as I love him, I really hope Chandler or Slattery give him the third degree for this, because that really could have ended much worse for everyone there.

This is the change in the tone of the show that I dislike the most. Jeter has always been the proverbial rock of the Nathan James. I'm also worried that his illness foreshadows some noble sacrifice on his part because, with only two hours left, there's really no time to do anything with a plot they felt was important enough to carry for several episodes.

Meylan has been reduced to the Worf of this series. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, did that dinner party take place BEFORE Christos was killed ?  Because Giorgio and Lucia seemed to play off of him.

Considering that Vellek just cured the red rust days ago, how do they already have so many crops that are able to mature to be harvested and have the anti-aggression gene so quickly. Did a miss a transition slide with the mice from the movie ' Babe' saying "3 months later"

Smell ya later Fletch.  You will not be missed. Same goes for Demetrios.  And Ares.

Yes, those were flashbacks.  I agree that it was confusing, but that's when Christos was still alive.

Ares turned into a good guy in the end, saving Green and Wolf, so he's ok in my book.

9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Surprised this season is already almost done.  While this show has always been fluff, there really doesn't feel like anything significant or interesting happened this go around.  Peter Weller camping it up as been the highlight by a mile, but that's about it.  And I feel like over half of the characters (Green, Foster, Granderson, etc.) have barely done anything.  Hell, they seemed to have dropped the conflict between Miller and Burk as well.  Is it just getting too much for them?

At least there are superfluous gratuity shots of Foster - Granderson hasn't been seen in entire episodes.  She's maybe had 4 lines of dialogue?   

I've never seen a sniper with so much blush on.  The fact she puts on clubbing make up for missions is silly.  I can't take her seriously while looking like that. 

Jeter was just dumb, the doc should have pushed the issue when he hushed it up.

5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

At least there are superfluous gratuity shots of Foster - Granderson hasn't been seen in entire episodes.  She's maybe had 4 lines of dialogue? 

The only thing I remember Foster doing in this episode is draw a really pretty circle on a map. The actress playing Granderson was on maternity leave through much of filming season 4 (so was the actress playing Garnett apparently) so that explains the absence. But they could have made an explanatiom as to why a prominent character suddenly disappears. If they can write a scene incorporating the actress’ real-life shoulder injury for Foster, I suppose they could have made one for Granderson. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ChiliCrab said:

The only thing I remember Foster doing in this episode is draw a really pretty circle on a map. The actress playing Granderson was on maternity leave through much of filming season 4 (so was the actress playing Garnett apparently) so that explains the absence. But they could have made an explanatiom as to why a prominent character suddenly disappears. If they can write a scene incorporating the actress’ real-life shoulder injury for Foster, I suppose they could have made one for Granderson. 

Just film her standing behind all of the equipment and such.  I don't think it would have been that hard, unless the actress herself didn't want to be on the ship set itself, which is reasonable.  

Foster-Green is always shown in the combat command room (sorry, I don't remember its technical name).  She was in multiple scenes this episode.  She even had a slightly grim look on her face with Green reported back that they'd have to go undercover and off script for the mission.  

Fletcher went out as a putz.  He had to know he was a dead man when Vellek expressed his extreme displeasure in the radio room.  He had a great, not good, chance to grab Vellek and kill him when he turned his back to him just before walking out the door.  Is it bad that I laughed when he took the precious seconds he had to broadcast his intel to apologize to his boo?  The reaction of the folks in the NJ was straight out of the soaps.  The quick close ups of their stricken faces was priceless.  The man jeopardized the entire world and betrayed them all with his espionage.  He would be hated.  But, poor Sasha.  Just wow.

Small thing, but whatever...they do not have an unlimited supply of maps.  But, so we could have a dramatic moment, that fool drew that big ol' red circle.  As if Chandler and the others were unable to figure out the parameters without it.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Foster-Green is always shown in the combat command room (sorry, I don't remember its technical name).  She was in multiple scenes this episode.  She even had a slightly grim look on her face with Green reported back that they'd have to go undercover and off script for the mission.  

C.I.C. or Combat Information Center 

7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Is it bad that I laughed when he took the precious seconds he had to broadcast his intel to apologize to his boo?  

I was really hoping he would go off on a riff like "My last memory will be that night we spent in Marseilles, when you slipped off your bathing suit and moved up against me, wrapping your legs around me..."  Cut to the CIC and Sasha is yelling "Take it off speaker, NOW!"  And nobody moves an inch. 

They must have run out of ammunition.  Everyone was actually hitting their targets. 

After last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fletcher swim clear back to Italy, even with a gaping head wound.

• Love 1

After last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fletcher swim clear back to Italy, even with a gaping head wound.

To be fair, if there was anyone that could somehow fuck up shooting someone point blank in the head, it would be Giorgio....

• Love 5

Hm. To me, this was an interesting episode. Fletcher -- don't care, and especially don't care about Sasha's angst.

But I'm excited to have an answer about Christos. He's dead, and Vellek is keeping him "alive" by using the Nostos hallucinogen himself. Just like Slattery saw his dead son, and wanted to stay with him, but withdrew from the Nostos and (I hope!) recovered and accepted reality. I hope next week we get to see how Christos died. I suspect Vellek was inadvertently implicit in his death, and is harboring all kinds of guilt.

I agree with all who think Master Chief's hiding his illness is out of character -- go to the doctor! 

• Love 2

I think this season has been a let down. I don't like the Nostos plot with Crazy Robo Cop & the Greek Party Island.

How is it possible that Giorgios had no clue which girls were at his party?

This show is at its best  when there are big battles & I can't take Lucia & Giorgios as running the Greek Navy.

I hope they get back to a geopolitical navy battle in Season 5.

• Love 4

I’m not enjoying this storyline this season too much either. However we got Wolf fighting this episide, and I’m always a fan of seeing Wolf in action. (Yum!) I miss the more prevalent military aspect too. C’mon Last Ship shape up. (I crack myself up.)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Catronia said:

Hm. To me, this was an interesting episode. Fletcher -- don't care, and especially don't care about Sasha's angst.

But I'm excited to have an answer about Christos. He's dead, and Vellek is keeping him "alive" by using the Nostos hallucinogen himself. Just like Slattery saw his dead son, and wanted to stay with him, but withdrew from the Nostos and (I hope!) recovered and accepted reality. I hope next week we get to see how Christos died. I suspect Vellek was inadvertently implicit in his death, and is harboring all kinds of guilt.

I agree with all who think Master Chief's hiding his illness is out of character -- go to the doctor! 

They showed what happened to Christos.  After he left for dinner, he got robbed and beat up, which was apparently enough to kill him. Vellek was shown pulling back the sheet at the crime scene. 

I agree this season was pretty ho-hum. It seemed to go by really fast.  And speaking of people with no screen time:  Where was the female engineer with the red hair? I forgot her name, but was an explanation given for why she wasn't on the ship? Did she die last season? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Catronia said:

I hope next week we get to see how Christos died. I suspect Vellek was inadvertently implicit in his death, and is harboring all kinds of guilt.

I agree this was sorta confusing - esp, since it seemed to us initially that Giorgio and Lucia were interacting with Christos.  We went back and rewound through the episode and they do not.  They exchange looks and Giorgio says snotty resentful things about the "golden boy" but the last scene I think it meant to make it clear that he knows exactly how crazy his father is.  And also to suggest that since he knows this that he has his own plan in mind.

12 minutes ago, tanyak said:

They showed what happened to Christos.  After he left for dinner, he got robbed and beat up, which was apparently enough to kill him. Vellek was shown pulling back the sheet at the crime scene. 

He is shown being beaten and kicked to death by two thugs while he is still wearing the maroon jacket with the leather elbows he was wearing at the dinner.  When Vellek comes out and views the body the two thugs are still standing right there. Vellek ordered the whole thing because he couldn't deal with Christos leaving him to live an independent life.  It was not accidental or inadvertent.  It was deliberate.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, tanyak said:

Where was the female engineer with the red hair? I forgot her name, but was an explanation given for why she wasn't on the ship? Did she die last season? 

They mentioned her in a previous episode as having found a plane in Tel Aviv (or was it Haifa?) will be waiting in some island to take the seeds and Sasha to Norfolk. No explanation as to why she was off the ship but the actress herself was pregnant and had given birth during filming (as did the actress playing Granderson) so her character had to written out this season. I’m just glad they didn’t kill her off. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

He is shown being beaten and kicked to death by two thugs while he is still wearing the maroon jacket with the leather elbows he was wearing at the dinner.  When Vellek comes out and views the body the two thugs are still standing right there. Vellek ordered the whole thing because he couldn't deal with Christos leaving him to live an independent life.  It was not accidental or inadvertent.  It was deliberate.

I did not get that at all that Vellek had Christos killed -- especially after his last comment that he "didn't need him".

21 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I did not get that at all that Vellek had Christos killed -- especially after his last comment that he "didn't need him".

I didn't get that either.  I thought  it was a random act and since Vellek's last words to Christos were in anger, it sent him further down the crazy rabbit hole.  Of course, Fantasy Christos is the perfect son, working with Daddy and not wanting to run off to America.

I don't care about Fletcher and poor sad Sasha either.  I like Giorgio better when he's having fun then when he's suffering with Daddy Issues. 

I believe those were police officers, not thugs, standing over Christos' body while Vellek pulled the sheet off. They were handling the crime scene.

Ugh! Next week's preview has the sister holding a gun on Chandler, who is kneeling before her. Of course she will rant on and on and give him (or someone else) time to prevent her shooting him. The plot is so obvious.