Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

You most certainly can. I have only watched the first season of Night Shift once while I have watched the second season many times. The first season was all about breaking up Robin and Patrick and trying to push nurse Leyla on us. In the second season Robin was pregnant, she and Patrick were together and it has the entire story about Robert's colon cancer.

It really was a more Scorpio-centric show but I always skip the parts with the anyone else, except for an occasional stop for Billy Dee Williams or Antonio Sabato lol.

• Love 2

Season 1 is shit, don't bother.

Remember the pointless Brenda tease? What the fuck was that about?

ETA: Thanks! I'm looking for the entire show so if that has that it'll be wonderful.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Patrick and Robin - hostage crisis.

Patrick: When I thought I lost you, I was in complete panic. I had never felt so alone, so helpless in my life -- at least, not since I lost my mom. And I realized that living with H.I.V. would be a blessing compared to living without you. So I'll go take the test, I'll go to the chapel and say a prayer, I'll paint the kitchen that awful yellow -- because I love you beyond reason.

Finally, discussing Alan's death (still pissed about that even after all this time)

• Love 3

I started watching GH again when Laura returned in 2006. It was hyped and I was curious as I watched GH with my mom after school from 93-95/96. Got sucked back in to the show because of Scrubs' love declaration, their bantering, their bickering, their sparkle. Plus I definitely had a JT crush for a while. I watched religiously until Robin's "death" and have since only returned twice - Robin's two rescues. My favorite Scrubs runs were Nov 2006 through the Metro Court Crisis, (Yes I even liked the arguing over the couch. And the beyond reason scenes above. Gah!), Aug 2008-real wedding, and post-PPD through Lisa's arrival in 2009.

Now some of my favorite scenes (not already shared).

December 29, 2006 - "Do you trust me?" "Implicity, yes."

October 17, 2008 - "See, isn't this fun?" Yes, naming our child after strippers."

December 4, 2008 - "Emma watch this, this is Daddy passing Uncle Matt." "And this is Uncle Matt putting Daddy in the wall."

OK, this is for the Patrick/Matt brotherly banter. How the show ultimately wasted that relationship is a shame.

June 6, 2009 - "It's like, god, I remember that. That's the woman that I fell in love with. That's...that's Dr. Scorpio."

Edited by fruittree36
  • Love 3

Gah, those clips. Especially that last one. Whenever Patrick and/or Robin said they loved or missed each other, you just fucking FELT it in your stomach. It always felt so real. I would watch them and it wasn't, "Oh, they're acting in this scene." I'd just get LOST in their interaction.

• Love 6

A couple more. Can you tell I'm a fan of the banter?

August 4, 2009 - I trust your instincts too."

And the lean in almost kiss is a killer move.

August 11, 2009 - "and we almost made it."

I dislike Spinelli, but Robin and Patrick's reaction to Spinelli and Maxie's engagement is great.

August 19, 2009 - "0ooo, roll play later?"

Start at 2:00 and just watch the murder re-enactment.

September 4, 2009 - "You throw like a girl, what was that? I happen to be a girl, you like me that way."

Patrick taunting people from a dunk tank leads to Patrick in the dunk tank.

And finally, Nov. 3, 2011 - "I'm looking at you because you're beautiful."

That line plus the video messages, gah.

• Love 5

If I remember properly, they were asked by then Metro Court manager Olivia to treat the mayors mistress on the down low. She ended up dying. Alexis became a suspect for some reason. And Robin wanted to clear Alexis' name.

If I remember properly, they were asked by then Metro Court manager Olivia to treat the mayors mistress on the down low. She ended up dying. Alexis became a suspect for some reason. And Robin wanted to clear Alexis' name.

And Martha Byrne played the mayor's wife, Andrea...er, whatever the former mayor's last name was. It was a short arc and, IIRC, she was the murderer (murderess?).

Patrick and Robin were called to the MetroCourt hotel to help a guest. The guest turned out to be the mayor's mistress Briana Hughes. She died while Matt was operating on her and he was sued for malpractice. Patrick was later added to the suit because he admitted in public that he was supposed to do the surgery and backed out to spend time with his family. Diane took that opportunity to sue Patrick saying that if Patrick had done the surgery Briana wouldn't have died.

Robin got the malpractice suit thrown out when she proved it was murder but ended up implicating Alexis which is when she went full on Scorpio, determined to clear Alexis's name.

• Love 1

Heatlifer, I almost posted that one.

And no KMc here, but this is one of the many reasons Epiphany should have been at yesterday's wedding. Start at 2:00.

I remember posting on TWoP about something being in my eye then too. It's the "with Robin gone, I can't even get air" line.

• Love 5

If you go to Youtube and type in Patrick and Robin and then the year (i.e. Patrick and Robin 2007), it should pull up several groupings set up in this exact same way. Not going to lie - have not watched much at all of the 2009-2010 years but 2012, right when KMc was getting ready to leave, there is some great stuff in those 6 weeks.

I also found most of the 2013 scenes under Robin Returns 2013. Someone was nice enough to put all the Scorpio scenes in there but it ends right as Robin is walking into the wedding. Each of the clips are between 1 1/2 - 2 hours long.

Hope this helps!

• Love 3

You guys are killing me. Karaoke and "Greetings from Paris, Dr. Scorpio." Another YouTube wormhole will commence.

October 12, 2011 - "It's her birthday and I'm stealing her for an hour to celebrate. You can deal."

Yeah, this was a pretty perfect day for them.

February 7, 2012 - "You're going to be OK?" "I'm sorry, you're stuck with me."

His glee is so great. Of course Robin "dies" two weeks later.

And this isn't a sparkly scene, but damn if this wasn't a great confrontation.

• Love 2

Once that Lisa shit was over, 2011 ended and 2012 began with so many amazing Scrubs scenes.

Thanks to you all, especially @heatlifer, my weekend is going to be extremely unproductive.

• Love 2

Patrick in 2007: "All I need is you. It took me awhile to realize, but I couldn't imagine you not in my life."

Patrick in 2016: "I can't imagine my life without you." "I got everything I need."

*why do my eyes burn?*

• Love 3

One of the constants on GH has been Patrick & Liz's friendship so I was fine with the fond farewell after the wedding. Liz has been with Patrick and Robin from the beginning of their relationship and was always pushing the two of them to make their relatioship work (especially when Robin got pregnant with Emma).

She was also who Robin turned to when she had her HIV scare and the person who told Patrick about it:

Off to find happier clips - just finished marathoning Making a Murderer and, man, I need something a little more fun. Scrubs 2006 here I come lol.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

The subject of abortion came up in the Gender On Television thread (in the Everything Else TV forum), and Lulu's abortion came up, so I went and found this. Dillon is an industrial-sized ASSHOLE here, not helped by the fact that his hair looks tragic as fuck:

Thank goodness. I didn't need Brenda to be the latest in a long line of people who've slept with members of the same family. And Dante didn't need a surprise kid at that point, either.

It's not even that Dante didn't need a surprise kid, it's that it made no sense. Not only why would he not claim his kid, why would he not claim his kid when not claiming his kid made the kid a target for the Balkan when he thought it was his grandson?!

And also, why should have Dante and Brenda cared about how it affected Sonny? They didn't know each other's relationship to Sonny and Dante was still antagonistic towards Sonny at the time because of the whole pesky trying to murder him thing. ugh. It was all so stupid.

Dillon was a real asshole to Lulu for a while about the abortion. Like he had any say in what she did with her body. Ugh.

While I agree Dillon was an asshole, he had every right to an opinion in the matter. While Lulu was the one who was pregnant, he was the father. That baby was half his.

It burns me to see that fathers are still so marginalized in these situations. Lulu had every right to make the decision that was best for her, but Dillon also had every right to fight her on it.

As ridiculous as the Scrubs custody fight over the in-utero Emma was, I was impressed that Patrick got a POV that was every bit as important as Robin's, despite the fact that Noah was brought back for the specific purpose of being an asshole to his son.

• Love 4

Dillon can have an opinion, but until he's the one who has to carry a baby for 9 months, the decision was Lulu's and hers alone.

Again, I agree with that.

But the father has a right to try to change her mind if he can. The decision was hers, but it was his baby too, so he had the right to try to be part of her decision.

I loathed the Scrubs in utero custody battle but I was team Robin all the way.  Patrick had spent 4 months saying that he wasn't sure he wanted to be a father to their baby.  At one point he said the thought of it made him want to drive a car into a brick wall.  Then he changed his mind and decided that not only did he want to be a father to their baby but they also should move in together immediately,  When Robin didn't jump right on that bandwagon he sued to force her to move in with him despite the fact that he was over at her place all of the time, thus giving him free access to bond with an in utero Emma.  Hell he and Anna discussed how Robin was keeping him at arm's length in Robin's living room while she was asleep 10 feet away in her bedroom.  The morning of the court hearing he and Robin had breakfast at her place which is why Liz's "you didn't leave him much of a choice" was so bogus. 

Even if none of that was true, I still think Patrick was completely out of line suing Robin to force her to move in with him. And frankly, even if she never decided to move in with him that wouldn't have kept him from being an involved parent.  He could have easily discussed custody options for after Emma was born but instead he decided that Emma/Robin were package deal and therefore he would sue her uterus to force her to do what he wanted.

As ridiculous as the Scrubs custody fight over the in-utero Emma was, I was impressed that Patrick got a POV that was every bit as important as Robin's, despite the fact that Noah was brought back for the specific purpose of being an asshole to his son

As for Noah being a jackass to his son well we can call it even since Anna was all team Patrick in his ridiculous lawsuit.   I would also say that since everyone but Noah supported Patrick over Robin, Patrick's opinion was given more weight than hers despite the fact that his opinion was she is carrying my child and therefore she should live where I decide she should live.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

I freaking loved the custody battle. It was never a real battle. It's not like they were cursing at each other and hated each other. They loved each other and it was obvious. Robin just didn't want him to compromise himself and do something out of obligation. And he had to convince her that he really did truly want to be a family after spending months spitting on the idea. Which he did.

• Love 2

I just stumbled upon a clip of Patrick being like, jealous that Sabrina didn't talk about him to Sam (back when Sabrina/Sam were working together for a hot sec), followed by him saying he was happy for Sabrina after "what he did to her" because he "intended on marrying her." And Sam was like, "Your wife came back from the dead." And Patrick was like, "......"

Which brings me to....Ron was the worst and I legit can't watch Patrick scenes from March 2014-December 2015.

• Love 1