Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

She told Patrick that she went to visit Robin in Paris, but her housekeeper told her that Robin was in a conference in China.

Then Patrick said that Robin's work has always been important, but it seems like it's especially important lately.

Anna said that's why she's happy Patrick and Emma have Sam. Patrick said he's happier than he's been in a long time.

Sam later asked Anna if it's awkward that she's in Robin's house and Anna said, "It hasn't been her house in a long time." And Sam makes Patty happy.

I thought Billy Warlock could act rings around the rest of them on his worse day.

I agree.  Talk about an actor who could consistantly spin shit into gold!  Although I'm not sure that even he could rise above RC's writing.

And Sam makes Patty happy.

Patty's always happy when he's got a warm hole to stick it in.  And he'll say anything, tell any lie, to make sure he always has one.

Patty's always happy when he's got a warm hole to stick it in. And he'll say anything, tell any lie, to make sure he always has one.

I shake my head every time I think about this show's obsession with Patrick's happiness. And I cringe at the thought of Robin returning to this shit show just to see no one gave a fuck and everyone is just so deservedly happy.

I shake my head every time I think about this show's obsession with Patrick's happiness. And I cringe at the thought of Robin returning to this shit show just to see no one gave a fuck and everyone is just so deservedly happy.

I don't think the show gives a wit about Patrick's happiness. They are just setting up the pins so Patrick and Liz lose Sam and Jakeson. The show never cared about Patrick as a character.

• Love 7

I don't think the show gives a wit about Patrick's happiness. They are just setting up the pins so Patrick and Liz lose Sam and Jakeson. The show never cared about Patrick as a character.

Oh, definitely. I know that's part of it!

This will all be Robin's fault too. If she had told the truth about reviving Jason from the dead, PatPrick's feelings and heart wouldn't have been hurt.

This will all be Robin's fault too. If she had told the truth about reviving Jason from the dead, PatPrick's feelings and heart wouldn't have been hurt.

Patrick and every other character will always have a built-in excuse with this story. It will either be: A) The writers will rewrite the story so Robin will have been free the entire time, or B) Robin is a prisoner, but she LIED about Jason and no one had ~any idea~ and it wasn't weird at all that no one could contact her!! She had a housekeeper who LIED!!!

No one will be held accountable but Robin and Kimberly McCullough. 'Cause she left! Stop blaming the writers, OK!!!

Man, I wish Skye/AJ were in PC instead of Franco/Nina. 

I so agree with you. Billy Warlocks AJ made me root for him. Loved Sky's  and his friendship. It was great. She always had his back. She was his sister in every sense of the word. Emilly wanting AJ to give Jason  Michael made me hate her. Loved her with Lucky and Foster before. Sky broke my heart at AJ's funeral, the plots  end made me go to the barge for yeeaars. . I am so sorry I returned. I love Fin but I can't watch this BS.TIIC made me hate all the other characters on at this time. Sonny ass kisses. Its sad to say, because I really don't want to see anyone *except maybe Frank and the suits lose their jobs,* but if they cancel it. Doesn't matter what they replace the show with.Abc will not come on in this house in the daytime. I already don't turn the TV on before Jeopardy anyway. The DVR will just not record either.

• Love 2

We are all being punished because KMC wants a life and only TG was allowed to have a life outside of TFGH

Pretty much. Her loyalty to this show should be rewarded. She should have a right, just like Geary did, to come and go. It's actually really sexist. And, btw, the show didn't have to use her character as the FOCUS of this story. She didn't have to be a prisoner. Yet Kim still gets the blame; still has fans saying that she should just leave for good.

they think Robin has abandoned them and are proceeding on with their lives, which is healthy.

See, this is actually where I think the show failed. No one was ever really sad or hurt about Robin "abandoning" them. The show never hit those obvious beats of someone trying to contact her and failing and then giving up. Or months ago, having Anna claim something about a housekeeper. Or, hell, this show loves Helena, have her hire someone to impersonate Robin's voice. I think Anna had one scene with Patrick about how she didn't understand why Robin would leave her "perfect" husband and family, but that was proceeded by Patrick, once again, clamoring about his happiness with Sam. I just don't think there's anything "healthy" about Patrick and Anna's behavior. Patrick has already fallen in love, moved another woman in his home, and they're raising a "family" together. Anna quickly became a cheerleader for Patrick and Sam and continued her job.

• Love 3

Robin should be PISSED. And if they need another reason for her to leave the show, it's right.there. Why would she want to be near these people who didn't give a flying fuck about her? It writes itself. 

Not really.  Robin is in the situation she is in because of HER choices.  No one else's.  Patrick didn't ask her to leave or want her to leave to go find Jason.  That was Robin's choice, and it resulted in her being held captive.  I don't see how she can be pissed at people for not seeing the truth, especially when Patrick finds her at the clinic when he thinks she's in Switzerland and then continues to lie.  I know Robin fans hate to hear this, but she DID choose Jason over Patrick.  None of this would have happened if she had just stayed put.  Then I wouldn't be living with the horrible Jason recast.

And I DO understand why a lot of that can't be done, which always brings me back to, "Why choose this particular story when the actress is not there?"

I agree with this. RC never should have written Robin back from the dead if KMc couldn't commit full time.  Otherwise, how do you write the story for her?  She gets rescued and comes home, but since the actress can't stay, Robin is going to have ot leave again, and how do you explain her leaving her family after she's been "dead" for two years?  DUMB decision to bring Robin back from the dead  Same with Jason and little Jake too.

What I don't understand?

Shitting on a 30-year vet, mostly beloved character for no reason. There's NO reason why every.single.time Anna and Patrick interact, she has to talk about his happiness and his happiness with Sam knowing her daughter, who she has NO contact with for a year, has been through HELL.

We don't know she's been through hell, and again, I don't get why Anna and Patrick should be blamed for writing that affects ALL of them.  People act like Robin is the saint and Patrick and Anna are villains because they can't read the crystal ball that Robin was "kidnapped."  I put that in quotes because who knows at this point.  Robin PUT herself in this situation.  That's how I see it.  If she had trusted her mother and father or Patrick and NOT trusted Victor (who is now dead), she might still be with her family.  Instead, she gave up everything to rescue "Jason," and he's moved on without a thought of her.  

I blame the writers for this entire mess, but it's amusing how often I read how Patrick is a jerk and Anna is an idiot, but Robin is a poor victim.  She started this mess because of choices she made and that Patrick desperately tried to talk her out of when he heard them.  I fault Robin more than I fault Patrick, but of course, I fault RC most of all.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

I know Robin fans hate to hear this, but she DID choose Jason over Patrick.

No, I actually love it, lol. She chose to save Jason's life for his loved ones over her own happiness with Patrick. She would be OOC in the story if she left Jason to die.

• Love 1

I didn't like that Sam was talking about getting ELQ back for Michael, not the Q's en masse.

I know Robin fans hate to hear this, but she DID choose Jason over Patrick.   

She chose, after spending two years in captivity scared and alone wondering if she would ever see her family again, not to condemn someone to the exact same fate when there was something she could do to save them.  It's not about Jason, I think she would have made that choice for anyone.  And that's very Robin.

• Love 12

She chose, after spending two years in captivity scared and alone wondering if she would ever see her family again, not to condemn someone to the exact same fate when there was something she could do to save them. It's not about Jason, I think she would have made that choice for anyone. And that's very Robin.

Yup. And you can call me biased, but as someone who watched Robin pretty much my entire life, this is exactly what she would do. And it's why I love her character.

And, as ulkis said, she was also threatened by Victor AND Helena, on top of everything.

• Love 1

No, I actually love it, lol. She chose to save Jason's life for his loved ones over her own happiness with Patrick. She would be OOC in the story if she left Jason to die.

Which is the only reason I hated that Robin is so selfless. Because Jason, the hitman sack of shit, deserved to still be dead. He was/is a mobster!

So, I get Robin's altruistic nature. I get some may be held over from the Jason Q days, and her soft heart always seemed to look for the good in those who she probably should have had no use for, but even I'll say I think there is a smidgen of anger Patrick is entitled to because of whom Jason Morgan turned out to be. If my options were to remain with my family after being a hostage or saving the life of a guy that took them? Sorry, Jase. Nice knowin' ya!

• Love 2

Which is the only reason I hated that Robin is so selfless. Because Jason, the hitman sack of shit, deserved to still be dead. He was/is a mobster!

So, I get Robin's altruistic nature. I get some may be held over from the Jason Q days, and her soft heart always seemed to look for the good in those who she probably should have had no use for, but even I'll say I think there is a smidgen of anger Patrick is entitled to because of whom Jason Morgan turned out to be. If my options were to remain with my family after being a hostage or saving the life of a guy that took them? Sorry, Jase. Nice knowin' ya!

Sure, Patrick can be mad all he wants. He always was at Robin for whatever. That anger, to this day, has never applied to anyone else, though. That's why I don't respect him as a character. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Sure, Patrick can be mad all he wants. He always was at Robin for whatever. That anger, to this day, has never applied to anyone else, though. That's why I don't respect him as a character.

All I am saying is, I get why he would be angry in this case. But I think that angle is also dependent on if one liked/loved Jason and J&R back in the day - or not. (Me!) So, there is that. Those that had a fondness may not see that anger as justified. Which is fine. But it is what it is. 

Unless/Until JP/SA are ready to finally put this sucker to bed, the same elephant in the room will continue to shit while the characters pretend not to smell its stench.

• Love 1

All I am saying is, I get why he would be angry in this case. But I think that angle is also dependent on if one liked/loved Jason and J&R back in the day - or not. (Me!) So, there is that. Those that had a fondness may not see that anger as justified. Which is fine. But it is what it is.

Unless/Until JP/SA are ready to finally put this sucker to bed, the same elephant in the room will continue to shit while the characters pretend not to smell its stench.

No, I'm actually agreeing with you! I do think Patrick should have a part of him that's mad. I was merely saying that his anger about Jason and about all things mob was only ever directed at Robin.

He like, kinda raised his voice to Sabrina once about Carlos and hasn't said ANYTHING to Sam. He's not a consistent character.

He like, kinda raised his voice to Sabrina once about Carlos and hasn't said ANYTHING to Sam. He's not a consistent character.

I'd settle for Patrick being a character, period, never mind a consistent one. He hasn't had a personality or POV since 2012, easily. At least when he was a rude asshole back in the day, there was some swagger to it.

This shell is pathetic.

• Love 5
The only thing I could possibly like about this wedding would be if she was recycling the blood-stained aisle runner from his Kate wedding to use for this one.

I always think of this moment whenever Graciella pops up:*

Dominic: Hey, Graciella, let me get that for you.

Graciella: Oh. That's all right, Dominic. I don't want you getting dirty.

Dominic: You look a lot nicer than I do. And besides, I'm used to it. My mom got me to carry the garbage out as soon as I was big enough to lift the bags. So I can take it.

Graciella: You're such a gentleman. Not like those other goombahs who work for Mr. Corinthos. Thank you, Dominic.

Dominic: Ah, it's my pleasure. All right. You have a nice day.

Graciella: Thank you.

Michael: Hey, why are you helping the housekeeper? So aren't you supposed to be working for my dad instead of helping Graciella with the chores?

Dominic: Yeah, I'm a good multitasker.

Michael: Why bother?

Dominic: Well, you know, it doesn't hurt to be nice once in a while. You know, offer to lend a hand. You're lucky. I mean, you had it good. You had a kitchen staff, mAIDS, people cleaning up after you all the time. And where I come from, the house staff was me and my mom.

Michael: Oh, so you're assuming because I'm the boss's son that I'm spoiled and lazy.

Dominic: Well, that's not what I said.

Michael: Yeah, well, you did say that I've been waited on hand and foot my whole life while you've been in the real world. That's pretty condescending.

Dominic: Yeah. I know I obviously rub you the wrong way. I don't mean to.

Michael: No, I think you do. I think you resent that I'm the boss's son.

Lulu: Ooh. Looks like I caught you red-handed with Sonny's garbage. [ . . . ]

Michael: Yeah, he's a pretty handy guy. First he helps you, then the housekeeper. Maybe one day, he'll get around to helping Dad.

*Because I always like to bring up the time when Michael was a raging asshole for, you know, years.

And just to admire Michael's total asshole spoiled casual entitlement. I hated him back then in the fun way. Look at that! I don't think even Morgan can top that.

Also the only nice Sonny/Dante moment I ever liked:

https://youtu.be/7KN0uIONdEo?t=121

Dante: Hey, do you think she likes me?

Sonny: She's waiting for you outside.

Dante: Really? You think so?

Sonny: She's waiting for you outside.

Dare I say Mo did a pretty good job here. He was amused by Dante's obvious crush and his slight nervousness, and Sonny seemed wistful too at the same time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Swimming from the Barge with my personalized life jacket that has LAURA APOLOGIST! And ROBIN APOLOGIST! Emblazoned in BIG and BOLD COLORS.

Patrick doesn't have a FUCKING LEG to stand on with respect to any anger when it comes to Robin choosing Jason over her family. Because she FUCKING didn't have a Fucking Choice.  Victor Fucking Threatened to kill her Fucking Family and Emma, if she didn't go back with him and Fucking Save Fucking Jaysus.  He came through on his threats when he got Fucking FakeLuke to get Fucking Rafe to hit the car that had Fucking Patrick driving and causing Sabrina to go into premature labor.

Why does everyone forget that was shown?  The fact that Fucking Carlivati and his hack writers, fucking kept changing the narrative and fucking retconning Robin's "choices" should not be taken as canon. Meaning, his Fucking Self forgot or his Fucking Self didn't fucking care, because he needed to come up with a reason for making it look like Robin left of her own free choice. Which she Fucking Did Not.  And that Fucking Patrick threatened to kill Victor if anything happened to Robin. So his now saying Robin chose to leave her family...chose Jason over her family, is Fucking BULLSHIT.

*Donning my life jacket and swimming back to the Barge*.

• Love 13

Yes, she was threatened. But she also wanted to save Jason. It's both.

The only person who overcomplicates it is Ron. He went back-and-forth so much on why Patrick wanted a divorce and why the marriage ended to make sure Patrick was innocent.

• Love 3
Dare I say Mo did a pretty good job here. He was amused by Dante's obvious crush and his slight nervousness, and Sonny seemed wistful too at the same time.

But then the rest of that clip is Lulu trying to justify not putting Sonny in prison. Ugh.

But then the rest of that clip is Lulu trying to justify not putting Sonny in prison. Ugh.

I didn't tell you to watch the rest! :p But now it's weird seeing Lulu so pro-Sonny. Thank God that changed. (And yes, I know she gave him World's Best Grandpa mug, but I don't think she's particularly pro-Sonny.) Frankly I thought it was contrived she was stanning for Sonny so hard then too, but I guess she cared for Carly's sake. (thank goodness that best buddyship isn't the same either.)

• Love 1

This is not at all timely, but P3pp3rb1rd's wish that Jordan would take a bullet for TJ (to cause him grief and guilt) brought it to mind. This is probably my number 1 complaint about all scripted TV, and soaps in particular: when characters fail to talk like real people.

Every single time TJ goes off on his mother for "betraying" Shawn, I want Jordan to say, "TJ, I didn't set out to take down Shawn. I set out to take down the drug ring in this town. The Jeromes were my target, but clearly, I couldn't out myself to -- let's face it, because this is what Shawn is -- a mobster. The only reason I arrested Shawn, is because I caught him in the act of taking a shot at someone. Granted, he hit the wrong person because -- let's face it again -- this is Shawn. Still, he shot a woman in the head. And within a minute of my trying to stop Shawn, Jake coming out and assaulting Shawn, and me getting the story about Hayden, uniformed cops arrived on the scene. There was no way for me to (abuse my badge, discard my integrity and) cover for Shawn. The jig was up. How is my arresting Shawn, in the presence of uniformed officers who would have done it if I didn't, a betrayal of Shawn, rather than the only option available to me?"

There, I feel much better, now.

They have an opening for this right now.  They could do a scene where Helena gets a phone from China from Robin's minder and is all, 'WHAT?!?! She escaped?!?!"  They don't even have to follow up on that until KMc is ready to come back, just have the story then be, "Here's what happened between the time that Robin escaped from Helena's clutches in China and now".

The above would not work for me, because Robin would certainly call Anna and/or Robert, the moment she escaped, but without Kim, they can't do that. Well, they could do a one-sided phone call with Anna, who then rushes off (off screen) to see Robin and then comes home and tells Patrick, who rushes off (off screen) to see Robin, only to be spurned (for real) by her.  

I guess I'm leading the unpopular opinion brigade tonight, after catching up on all but the most recent episode!

1. I thought Haley Erin (that's her name, right?) did quite well with Kiki's anger toward Morgan and Ava--especially Ava. I normally think she's out in the forest, challenging stumps to staring contests with Paevey, but these last two eps? Great!

2. I thought the recast meta was really, really cute, especially in the delivery from all three actors. I also thought Maxie gave an excellent performance--I'd cast her. Don't like Lulu's sudden reticence at the idea, though. Don't like it one bit.

3. The theme has been mothers disappointing their children in every way with the Madeleine and Ava parallels, and I've liked that, especially their children getting to express their rage. But it pretty much cracks me up to have Sonny telling Carly she's such a great mother at the same time. Hi-larious.

4. Julian and Alexis are still having teh awesome sex, huh? I would like to offer Morgan and Ava as an additional example of couples that actually get hot sex scenes.

And my biggest unpopular opinion of all: 

I absolutely think we're supposed to see Robin as a victim in all this. If we didn't know Robin were being held against her will, yeah, I'd probably hate that she was being portrayed as an absentee mother. But we *do* know she's being held against her will, so we aren't supposed to buy into what Anna and Patrick think. We're supposed to feel sad for them that they've been led to believe something that is patently untrue, that they've decided to do the healthy thing and move on with their lives when we *know* they don't really have to because we know the truth that they don't. So we're supposed to see Anna and Patrick as victims too because they don't know that the life they really want--the one with Robin in it--is something they could have if they rescued her. Sure, argue that you think they should both be smarter than to buy Robin's cover story, that's totally understandable to think they should have figured it out. But the narrative we're seeing is clear that they haven't figured it out, so I don't get the anger toward the characters. They aren't being assholes; they think Robin has abandoned them and are proceeding on with their lives, which is healthy. We aren't supposed to buy into what they're saying about Robin, because we know it's not true. We're just supposed to understand why they feel the way that they do.

Yes, I'm a huge Robin fan. Yes, I grew up with Kim McCulloch on my screen and I adore her (she's two years my senior). No, I don't think her exit storyline portrays either Robin or Kim in a bad light.  Yes, I expect tomatoes to now be thrown at me.  *hides*

I love everything about your post, except the Paevey part, because I just don't think he's bad. I don't think he's excellent, but he meets expectations, particularly for a new actor.  While his performances don't leave me on the edge of my seat, the writing for him doesn't get me there, either. I don't think the common "wooden" critique of him is an accurate assessment of his performance, but I digress.

My real point is I love what you've said about the Robin situation. I certainly see Robin as a victim and am not mad at her that she's gone, but I also feel for Anna and Patrick, because of their (mis)understanding of the situation. I've chosen to interpret their reaction to Robin's absence in a way that I realize the writing hasn't merited, but it works for me, anyhow. I think Anna has a lot of guilt about the years she was away from Robin. So, in the show in my head, it's easier for Anna to accept that Robin has left her little girl, because Anna left Robin. I like to imagine Anna even subconsciously blames herself for Robin's "ability to leave Emma," like this.

Similarly, I like to think Patrick still has guilt over Lisa (he damned well should) and over his initial failure to go right back to Robin, when he learned she wasn't dead. I like to think that inside, he blames himself far more than he'll admit -- even to himself -- for Robin leaving him, and for her leaving Emma. 

See, this is actually where I think the show failed. No one was ever really sad or hurt about Robin "abandoning" them. […] I just don't think there's anything "healthy" about Patrick and Anna's behavior. Patrick has already fallen in love, moved another woman in his home, and they're raising a "family" together. Anna quickly became a cheerleader for Patrick and Sam and continued her job.

I disagree with the first part. I don't think there was adequate sadness and hurt, but Patrick, Anna and Emma all showed it at first. And I think Anna and Patrick have had conversations about Robin not returning their calls, or not calling Emma anymore, or something similar. I can't tell you when, but I'm pretty sure it's happened once or twice.

I disagree with the second part, because (if/once) we accept that (no matter how stupid it is) Anna and Patrick truly believe Robin can't be around them and Emma any more, I think it is exceedingly healthy that Emma's grandmother is treating Emma's daddy like family, and vice versa. If I up and left my husband and kids (I know Robin didn't do that, but Anna and Patrick do not), I am pretty sure my mother would bend over backwards trying to be good to my husband, not just my kids. And while it might make her sad to see him move on, my mother loves my husband. If I were (in her eyes) the one who walked away, she wouldn't want to see him lonely for the rest of his life.

For the love of God.  I'm trying to figure out how the writers can separate the actions of Carly and Sonny with Michael.  Michael cannot sit there and praise Mommy and wish her the best life while said life is with the freaking man who he can't forgive because said man murdered his father and lied to his face about it and then the best mommy in the world chose the freaking mobster over him!  Sorry writers that just doesn't wash.

*grumble.absurd.grumble.moronic*

The scene would have been so much more palatable, had Michael said, "I love you so much mom," instead of telling her she was the best mother in the world.

I don't care show. I am not rooting for Sam. I am not rooting for Jake. I am not rooting for them together.  They are awful people and I will not cheer on snotty bitches who judge, judge, judge.  Please Hayden, learn everything you can about Sam and throw that shit in her face EVERY SINGLE DAY until she tones her righteous bullshit down.  I'll watch THAT.

How is Jake an awful person? I mean I can see making that argument about Jason, but Jake doesn't even remember being Jason. 

Not really.  Robin is in the situation she is in because of HER choices.  No one else's.  Patrick didn't ask her to leave or want her to leave to go find Jason.  That was Robin's choice, and it resulted in her being held captive.  I don't see how she can be pissed at people for not seeing the truth, especially when Patrick finds her at the clinic when he thinks she's in Switzerland and then continues to lie.  I know Robin fans hate to hear this, but she DID choose Jason over Patrick.  None of this would have happened if she had just stayed put.  Then I wouldn't be living with the horrible Jason recast.

I agree with this. RC never should have written Robin back from the dead if KMc couldn't commit full time.  Otherwise, how do you write the story for her?  She gets rescued and comes home, but since the actress can't stay, Robin is going to have ot leave again, and how do you explain her leaving her family after she's been "dead" for two years?  DUMB decision to bring Robin back from the dead  Same with Jason and little Jake too.

We don't know she's been through hell, and again, I don't get why Anna and Patrick should be blamed for writing that affects ALL of them.  People act like Robin is the saint and Patrick and Anna are villains because they can't read the crystal ball that Robin was "kidnapped."  I put that in quotes because who knows at this point.  Robin PUT herself in this situation.  That's how I see it.  If she had trusted her mother and father or Patrick and NOT trusted Victor (who is now dead), she might still be with her family.  Instead, she gave up everything to rescue "Jason," and he's moved on without a thought of her.  

I blame the writers for this entire mess, but it's amusing how often I read how Patrick is a jerk and Anna is an idiot, but Robin is a poor victim.  She started this mess because of choices she made and that Patrick desperately tried to talk her out of when he heard them.  I fault Robin more than I fault Patrick, but of course, I fault RC most of all.  

I agree the writers are to blame, but I don't hate Patrick and Anna for this. I don't think what you've said about Robin is all that accurate, though. When she left (with Victor) the first time, he had threatened her in ways that she didn't disclose to Patrick, but she didn't disclose that to Patrick, because Victor made it pretty clear he was bugging her house and having her watched, and would know if she told Patrick anything she wasn't supposed to. And then yes, as others have mentioned, Victor used Fluke to engineer the accident that killed Gabriel and could have killed Patrick and Emma. 

I'm sure they'll find out after he's dead…by Sonny's hand. [/spec] And then it'll be, "Well, he WAS mobbed up before, you can't blame me/us for not believing he went legit!"

I can't believe Dante said Sonny would protect TJ with a straight face. And did he also say Sonny would protect TJ as he would his own sons? Or was that just the show in my head? Because I legit laughed for five minutes thinking that extra bit of dialogue happened.

Oh, me too. I don't think the extra dialogue did happen, but it was just as funny without it. 

Yup, as the collected dozens of viewers still watching this dreck shout out "We do! We do!"

also, why they f*ck is there a roaring fire in the fireplace. I know they film in advance and the wedding is in early September. But out on Cassadine island, Nic and Greenlee are headed for the pool, and in the real world, its crazy hot and humid in New York.

I had to FF all of Carly's gleeful "I'm getting everything I want"ing once Michael showed up. I just can't even. I hope the kidnapping cancels the wedding, and Michael can re-rethink his stance on being anywhere near the moobster. Even better, if he hears about TJ's kidnapping and just takes little AJ back to the Q's (we never saw any legal transfer of custody, so AJ is with Sonny only through Michael's good graces.)

It was so hot here today, that I was irrationally angry at Sonny for having the fire roaring. I mean, I think I was talk-back-to-the-TV angry.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

Victor made it very clear very quickly that Robin had relatively little 'choice' in the matter, despite the initial offer. And when she did try to leave Crichton-Clark, he kept her there under armed guard.

I don't hold much of this against Patrick or Anna - I think it's the writing, not them. I understand why Patrick has tried to move on given the bill of goods he's been sold by everyone involved, though I find that quick move very rushed plot-wise. Anna, OTOH, would never have given up.

Also: I realize I'm a twelve year old, but was anyone else snickering when Ava began moaning to Kiki about how she lost "the war inside herself" and how her lust for Morgan was "bigger than me"? No?

As for the rest of the show, please enjoy this exciting fall preview of Julexis.

• Love 5

didn't Victor pretty much blackmail her? Yes, she made the initial choice but there was a subtle threat and later on, a definite threat with Rafe hitting Sabrina, Patrick, and Emma's car.

Yes. 

I think Anna has a lot of guilt about the years she was away from Robin. So, in the show in my head, it's easier for Anna to accept that Robin has left her little girl, because Anna left Robin. I like to imagine Anna even subconsciously blames herself for Robin's "ability to leave Emma," like this.

That's a great point; hadn't thought of that.

Yes, she was threatened. But she also wanted to save Jason. It's both.

The only person who overcomplicates it is Ron. He went back-and-forth so much on why Patrick wanted a divorce and why the marriage ended to make sure Patrick was innocent.

She wanted to save Jason - but Show is choosing to forget the VERY IMPORTANT POINT that the deciding factor for her was seeing little Danny, and thinking hey, Danny deserves to get his Daddy back like Emma just got to have the reunion with me. She believed that if the situations were reversed, Jason would come after her and save her to bring her home to her daughter (and the rest of her family).  I'm sure the memory of the pain of being without her mother also affected her decision. (Danny doesn't remember Jason so it's not the same situation, but Robin wasn't thinking about that.) The bottom line is the choice wasn't all about her history with and undying loyalty to Jason alone - Patrick made it into that. Patrick hated Jason, so that colors his attitude. Had Robin gone to save another parent's life under duress (Elizabeth, for example), I think his attitude would have been different,

• Love 5

She wanted to save Jason - but Show is choosing to forget the VERY IMPORTANT POINT that the deciding factor for her was seeing little Danny, and thinking hey, Danny deserves to get his Daddy back like Emma just got to have the reunion with me. She believed that if the situations were reversed, Jason would come after her and save her to bring her home to her daughter (and the rest of her family). I'm sure the memory of the pain of being without her mother also affected her decision. (Danny doesn't remember Jason so it's not the same situation, but Robin wasn't thinking about that.) The bottom line is the choice wasn't all about her history with and undying loyalty to Jason alone - Patrick made it into that. Patrick hated Jason, so that colors his attitude. Had Robin gone to save another parent's life under duress (Elizabeth, for example), I think his attitude would have been different,

I love this post. Because it's accurate.

Patrick was all, "You always put Jason before me and your family!"

Robin said she was doing it for Danny, Sam, even CARLY, and herself. And said Jason would save her if the situations were reversed.

Patrick said Jason wouldn't help her.

Patrick was all about making it like Robin was choosing Jason over him, as if it was even remotely a romantic gesture.

• Love 1

Yes. 

That's a great point; hadn't thought of that.

She wanted to save Jason - but Show is choosing to forget the VERY IMPORTANT POINT that the deciding factor for her was seeing little Danny, and thinking hey, Danny deserves to get his Daddy back like Emma just got to have the reunion with me. She believed that if the situations were reversed, Jason would come after her and save her to bring her home to her daughter (and the rest of her family).  I'm sure the memory of the pain of being without her mother also affected her decision. (Danny doesn't remember Jason so it's not the same situation, but Robin wasn't thinking about that.) The bottom line is the choice wasn't all about her history with and undying loyalty to Jason alone - Patrick made it into that. Patrick hated Jason, so that colors his attitude. Had Robin gone to save another parent's life under duress (Elizabeth, for example), I think his attitude would have been different,

This is a really great point, too. I didn't mean to ignore that Robin certainly had noble motives in saving Jason. And actually, I'm okay with Patrick being NOT OKAY with those motives, because he never accepted/understood her loyalty to Jason and/or Sonny. All of that was respectful of their history as characters and as a couple.  And it didn't (at the time it aired) whitewash either Robin or Patrick, because they both took understandable (to the audience) positions (given their characterizations over the years).

I love this post. Because it's accurate.

Patrick was all, "You always put Jason before me and your family!"

Robin said she was doing it for Danny, Sam, even CARLY, and herself. And said Jason would save her if the situations were reversed.

Patrick said Jason wouldn't help her.

Patrick was all about making it like Robin was choosing Jason over him, as if it was even remotely a romantic gesture.

I do believe Patrick was wrong that Jason wouldn't help Robin, were the circumstances reversed.  That said, I understood (on a human level) why Patrick felt like Robin was choosing Jason over himself and Emma, because to an extent (and in Robin's eyes, it was way more temporary) she did. Of course Patrick wasn't making that judgment with the full set of facts (Victor's threats, etc.), but he thought he was.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

I do believe Patrick was wrong that Jason wouldn't help Robin, were the circumstances reversed. That said, I understood (on a human level) why Patrick felt like Robin was choosing Jason over himself and Emma, because to an extent (and in Robin's eyes, it was way more temporary) she did. Of course Patrick wasn't making that judgment with the full set of facts (Victor's threats, etc.), but he thought he was.

Patrick's POV would be cool with me if he didn't hook up with Jason's widow, a woman who, if written in character, would kick his ass if she knew what really went down between Robin and Patrick. Hee.

• Love 6

Patrick's POV would be cool with me if he didn't hook up with Jason's widow, a woman who, if written in character, would kick his ass if she knew what really went down between Robin and Patrick. Hee.

Wait, didn't he eventually tell her that Robin went off to try to re-aliven (sorry, don't know what the hell to call that) Jason? Sam and Patrick had a whole big friendship rift, because of it, right, or is that the show in my head?

Wait, didn't he eventually tell her that Robin went off to try to re-aliven (sorry, don't know what the hell to call that) Jason? Sam and Patrick had a whole big friendship rift, because of it, right, or is that the show in my head?

Yes, she knows that Robin left to save Jason. She doesn't know that the reason Patrick and Robin's marriage ended was because of that choice. She's still sipping on Patrick's latest, "Robin left me to go to Paris!" story.

• Love 1

THIS. PatPrick always showed distain for Jason any time Robin brought him up yet he an Sam can sit in bed and talk about St. JASUS for hours. He understands how important he was to Sam. Ugh....... Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

THIS. PatPrick always showed distain for Jason any time Robin brought him up yet he an Sam can sit in bed and talk about St. JASUS for hours. He understands how important he was to Sam. Ugh.......

Don't even get me started with the hypocrisy. Can you imagine Sam's reax if she ever found out that Patrick wanted Robin to leave Jason to die? The show missed so many beats. So many.

• Love 3

THIS. PatPrick always showed distain for Jason any time Robin brought him up yet he an Sam can sit in bed and talk about St. JASUS for hours. He understands how important he was to Sam. Ugh.......

Heck look at the way patrick acted if robin even mentioned stone.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1

Yes, she knows that Robin left to save Jason. She doesn't know that the reason Patrick and Robin's marriage ended was because of that choice. She's still sipping on Patrick's latest, "Robin left me to go to Paris!" story.

Okay, I'm feeling a disconnect with you, or maybe let's blame my tequila. I am not sure that Patrick and Robin's marriage ended because of Robin's choice to save Jason. I thought their marriage ended because after Patrick found out Robin had been held captive, she again lied (because Helena made her and kidnapped her to Paris, or now, possibly China) and she "refused" (was forced into refusing) to come home. 

What am I missing? Is it that Patrick filed for divorce from Robin while she was still at Crichton Clark (sp?). Does Sam not know that? Ugh, I need a show bible.

Okay, I'm feeling a disconnect with you, or maybe let's blame my tequila. I am not sure that Patrick and Robin's marriage ended because of Robin's choice to save Jason. I thought their marriage ended because after Patrick found out Robin had been held captive, she again lied (because Helena made her and kidnapped her to Paris, or now, possibly China) and she "refused" (was forced into refusing) to come home.

What am I missing? Is it that Patrick filed for divorce from Robin while she was still at Crichton Clark (sp?). Does Sam not know that? Ugh, I need a show bible.

Patrick was wanting to divorce Robin before he saw her at the clinic. He was mad she wasn't coming home, especially after his baby died. At the clinic, she said she still had more work to do and couldn't come home and for him to wait for her. She said "There's a reason you found me." And he said, "Yeah, now I know where to send the divorce papers."

A month later was the Skype call where she said she's broken and going to Paris.

Patrick only tells people that Robin refuses to come home and left the family.

• Love 2

Patrick was wanting to divorce Robin before he saw her at the clinic. He was mad she wasn't coming home, especially after his baby died. At the clinic, she said she still had more work to do and couldn't come home and for him to wait for her. She said "There's a reason you found me." And he said, "Yeah, now I know where to send the divorce papers."

A month later was the Skype call where she said she's broken and going to Paris.

Patrick only tells people that Robin refuses to come home and left the family.

See, I don't hold Patrick in contempt for that. I hold the writers/show runner (yes, Frank, it's not just Ron) in contempt for that. Patrick was operating under incomplete information. I totally get why his perception of Robin's choices peeved him off.

The writers producers and every other PTB needs a show bible, too.

• Love 2

See, I don't hold Patrick in contempt for that. I hold the writers/show runner (yes, Frank, it's not just Ron) in contempt for that. Patrick was operating under incomplete information. I totally get why his perception of Robin's choices peeved him off.

Regardless of my feelings for Patrick, though, from what has been written and shown on-screen, Sam thinking that the reason Robin and Patrick divorced was because Robin went to Paris is inaccurate.

Edited by HeatLifer

The difference is that Patrick is positive genuinely believes Jason is now absolutely dead, so he can't come and interfere with their relationship. He was either alive or the potential for revival was there when Patrick and Robin were together. At this time, Patrick doesn't want to be single/alone. He figures Sam can't leave him for a dead man. So, talking about dead Jason doesn't really bother him.

• Love 1

The difference is that Patrick is positive genuinely believes Jason is now absolutely dead, so he can't come and interfere with their relationship. He was either alive or the potential for revival was there when Patrick and Robin were together. At this time, Patrick doesn't want to be single/alone. He figures Sam can't leave him for a dead man. So, talking about dead Jason doesn't really bother him.

I dunno. Talking about dead Stone bugged him.

• Love 1

At this point I don't care if they retcon the Robin story and say she's been working away happily in Paris. Or brainwashed by Helena to forget everything, rather than held captive. The story was gross and stupid anyway. Her husband is a dolt and her kid is annoying, so no great loss there. (Sorry, Emma bugs me).

And I choose to believe this Anna is a clone and real, awesome Anna is with Robert and Robin somewhere.

Eh. At least Anna tried to visit Robin. I suppose that's progress for this fakakta show?

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I hold the writers/show runner (yes, Frank, it's not just Ron) in contempt for that. Patrick was operating under incomplete information. I totally get why his perception of Robin's choices peeved him off.

I would give Patrick a pass if he hadn't been in a similar situation with Robin before. He knew something felt off when Robin lied to his face that she and Nikolas got together and she and Patrick had no future. (And this was a long time before he actually married Robin and they had a kid together.) Patrick and Emily talked about it, then Patrick went back and eavesdropped, finding out that Jerry Jax was blackmailing Robin and Nikolas.  He also knows the C-C clinic has surveillance, and is run by Victor - the man who took Robin away, the man Patrick knows is capable of great evil.  So he sees that Robin is clearly stressed out about seeing him there, and knowing Sam was there too, that she's telling him she'll always love him, but he just walks away? And then doesn't take action when Robin says she's "broken"?! That is Patrick's ego mixed with plot-point stupidity courtesy of Ron. 

• Love 4

Hopping on over from the barge to throw my two cents in - biggest problems with this storyline:

1. Patrick admitted to Anna that Robin basically didn't have a choice, that she was blackmailed into going to save Jason (this was right before the 'broken' call).

2. Later on he found out that the accident that killed Gabriel was caused by Victor to keep Robin in line meaning she couldn't leave the clinic even though she wanted to. Instead of tracking down his now ex-wife to find out exactly what happened or maybe even being the slightest bit concerned about Robin, he worried about Sam being mad at him.

3. He knows that Helena is alive and that, in all likelihood, Robin's research resurrected her. Knowing that Jason was there too, why isn't he wondering if maybe Robin lied to him to protect him and Emma from being harmed any more than they already were.

4. I cannot believe for one freaking second that Anna, a former spy and police commissioner, would believe a woman she has never met before about where Robin is without getting definitive proof.

My problems with this story are numerous but those are the four big ones. Now back to the barge - it's Ladies Night on the Lido Deck and I have the first round of tequila shooters ready and waiting. BestestAuntEver and Heatlifer - care to join me?

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 6

What cmahorror said.

My MAIN problem is the writers gave Patrick and Anna too much information. If you want them to be dumb and innocent, have Hells hire someone to impersonate Robin. Or have "Robin" send letters to Emma.

But to have everything about Helena, Faison, Victor, the clinic, out in the open and have no one care? Lol, OK, show!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

YMMV, but I think whatever annoying qualities Emma may have now took awhile. I used to think she so cute.

I used to not even care about her, but once Robin "died" and they stuck her with Sabrina, Felix, and Britt, I just could NOT with her.

Great points, camhorror. I totally forgot about #2. I think I just wanted to forget that the Purina baby ever existed.  #4 drives me crazy too, because I despise Anna being made to look like less than the smart, bad-ass woman she is. This character has certainly come down a few pegs from the woman who said "terminate with extreme prejudice" to Patrick (back in '08) if he hurt Robin.

• Love 1