Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/supernatural-300-episode-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-jeffrey-dean-morgan-spoilers-interview-1203111575/

Another interview.

“In the post office the post mistress, for whatever reason, doesn’t care for Sam, has a crush on Dean,” Singer says.

Color me shocked.

It’s about pulling back in certain moments to see other characters, some of whom will recur later in the season, react to Sam and Dean.

“What’s kind of unspoken is they’ve been living in this one town for multiple years now and they haven’t clued anybody in [to the supernatural], so why is that and what does everybody think about them?” Dabb says. “Sam and Dean have always had family because they’ve always had each other, but they’ve only recently gotten a home [and] a home is not about the house you live in, it’s about the community. We’ve never really explored that community, and the 300th episode is the start.”

Yup.  Sounds like Dabb is angling for another set up for a spin off when he wrote this ep.  Yay, more teenage hunter wannabes.

• Love 2

Thankfully, the second one isn't as fangirlish as the first.

I'm sure that the fandom in general is hyped up over/for this one, at this point, but honestly, I'm just not feelin' it to be truthful. And especially not from any of the promo material that we've gotten for it so far, anyway.

12 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

“In the post office the post mistress, for whatever reason, doesn’t care for Sam, has a crush on Dean,” Singer says.

This is probably the best thing that I've read about it in that regard.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Color me shocked.

1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Bets the post mistress is 80 years old with warts and bad teeth?

• Love 7

I don’t want to spoil the specifics, but both Padalecki and Ackles are of course extraordinary in their performances – Sam takes the episode’s MVP trophy home in his one-on-one with his father, but Dean’s true takeaway from what seeing John allows him to verbalize has been a long, long time coming. Look forward to the dishwashing scene, is all I’m saying, and remember that all any person can be – all any person can know how to be – is the sum of their own unique experiences.

This makes me leary Dean might be made to apologize for being to hard on John.

I hope its not "how dare you ruin Sam's childhood.  I really want there to be a lot of "I" and "Me" statements from Dean and not apologize.  

But that Natalie Fisher person is not a big Dean fan. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I hope its not "how dare you ruin Sam's childhood.  I really want there to be a lot of "I" and "Me" statements from Dean and not apologize.  

But that Natalie Fisher person is not a big Dean fan. 

Her big Dean take-away is that he gets a mic-drop moment at the end-which says little to nothing in and of itself, not to mention about what happens with him in the rest of the episode which makes the whole thing more worrisome to me also.

• Love 3

Bets the post mistress is 80 years old with warts and bad teeth?

Maybe she is that women from the promo who looks disapprovingly at Sam? If so, just some middle-aged lady. Singer`s phrasing is just stupid "for whatever reason bla bla" - um, have you seen Dean? Why wouldn`t some women have a crush on him or at least like him?

There are a group of teens who know what the Winchesters do. 

The way I read it they don`t know but make up all kinds of wild stories: they are serial killers, they are FBI agents...

I didn`t read it like this. It sounds like both Sam and Dean get to air some grievances and John expresses regret. Sam is angrier in his scene but Dean supposedly has "mic drop" moment as well. And both apparently get some kind of closure out of the process. 

Don`t care if it`s not positive for Mary. It`s not like she earned positive.

The family reunion stuff sounds predictable, I don`t believe badly for Dean in this case, just don`t expect something groundbreaking.  

Seeing a Cas who never changed because he never had real interactions with the brothers could be interesting. Though in that case, why would Dean pleading with him even work? The old "remember me through worlds" chestnut? Supergirl recently did that with Kara and Alex. Usually, it`s done with lovers. 

Still, compared to my 900 % dread level from last week, I reckon this episode will be neither here nor there for me. I didn`t really like the 100th, didn`t like the 200th so the 300th would fit right in.   

• Love 6

I just wish that someone else(not Berens either, though) had written it.

Well, Bucklemming? Perez? It`s not like the pickings aren`t slim. 

And Dabb co-wrote it with Meredith Glynn. I think stuff like post lady crushing on Dean came from her. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Well, Bucklemming? Perez? It`s not like the pickings aren`t slim. 

Too true.

I just hope that we don't get good little soldier Dean back in his interactions with John. I'm not interested in seeing even a little bit of that old incarnation of Dean and I can't trust that Dabb could or would resist going there-even just for part of the episode.

• Love 5

Im sure that scene of Sam and Dean talking about John was a set up for this ep.

With Sam saying "im over it" I'm sure its set up for Sam to get closure he didn't know he needed.  (Leave it to Dabb to copy Dean's motive).

But what was a red flag for me was Dean saying that it looked like he sided with John to keep the peace.  The author of that article, Im sure has  a different perspective on "what needs to be said."  the I would.  I'm hoping its not Dean saying he's wrong for not siding with Sam about leaving.  That isn't Dean addressing how he was treated, its just the Mary confrontation all over again. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I just hope that we don't get good little soldier Dean back in his interactions with John. I'm not interested in seeing even a little bit of that old incarnation of Dean and I can't trust that Dabb could or would resist going there-even just for part of the episode.

Yockey seems the only writer who can really capture Dean.

I keep thinking back to the episode picture of Dean and John where Dean is looking down it seems John is berating him. I hope that picture isn't want it seems

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Im sure that scene of Sam and Dean talking about John was a set up for this ep.

With Sam saying "im over it" I'm sure its set up for Sam to get closure he didn't know he needed.  (Leave it to Dabb to copy Dean's motive).

But what was a red flag for me was Dean saying that it looked like he sided with John to keep the peace.  The author of that article, Im sure has  a different perspective on "what needs to be said."  the I would.  I'm hoping its not Dean saying he's wrong for not siding with Sam about leaving.  That isn't Dean addressing how he was treated, its just the Mary confrontation all over again. 

IA. Just another example of Dean's issues becoming All About Sam again.

So over that nonsense, at this point too now.

I do wonder if they will address the other thing he said in the car too, though-the part about John sending Dean "away" when he was mad at him-and NOT how it affected Sam, but how it affected DEAN.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

IA. Just another example of Dean's issues becoming All About Sam again.

So over that nonsense, at this point too now.

I do wonder if they will address the other thing he said in the car too, though-the part about John sending Dean "away" when he was mad at him-and NOT how it affected Sam, but how it affected DEAN.

Or the show white washing it as something John did for Dean's own good that Dean didn't understand.  This is what I worry about with that whole, 'its about a persons experiences" or whatever that line was.  It's also something the show tends to do.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

Thankfully, the second one isn't as fangirlish as the first.

I'm sure that the fandom in general is hyped up over/for this one, at this point, but honestly, I'm just not feelin' it to be truthful. And especially not from any of the promo material that we've gotten for it so far, anyway.

"For whatever reason" - right Singer, you ass, because Dean looks like Jensen Ackles, seems like reason enough. :)

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

"For whatever reason" - right Singer, you ass, because Dean looks like Jensen Ackles, seems like reason enough. :)

And Singer, most emphatically, does not. I swear these guys all have an inferiority complex, unfortunately combined with a position of power.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And Singer, most emphatically, does not. I swear these guys all have an inferiority complex, unfortunately combined with a position of power.

Singer definitely seems to put a point in the column of "grown men who perhaps were not popular with girls in high school taking it out on the handsome guy now that they have a little power over him"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It doesn't bother me that Dean is wanted since that happened in the actual timeline due to his work as a hunter. However Sam as internet-famous is a downright weird trajectory. It isn't even really meta since Jared hasn't really been very active in social media for years.

I don't think Sam will make a wish at the end.    

But it's perhaps what Dean would want.  That Sam becomes a noted "something" in whatever field he's in.  That Sam has success.  Just like in WIAWSNB.  But there has to be some limits or maybe Dean's deepest wish keeps Sam with him (thus no 2.5 kids & white picket fence). 

Regarding the new sneak peek:

Does Sam not remember that Dean wanted to sacrifice himself last week to prevent things from getting worse.  Does Sam not remember not wanting Dean to go through with it because it would hurt Sam's feelings.

Does Sam not remember that wishing on the pearl was his idea.  (at least that was the way it was shown in that first clip)

Does Sam not remember that these things never go as planned.

So Sam can get off  his high horse here.  It's not like Dean wished for it intentionally.  The pearl made granted a "heart wish" instead of a head wish.  

This is also a glimpse of what I was worried about with this whole John thing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PinkChicken said:

Whats mostly annoying is the continued insinuation by some writers that Dean doesn't understand some of the greater implications of some things. Dean has had far more experience on the time travel/butterfly effect front than Sam.

This is true, and I can see this interpretation, but I think Dean is also more often a thumb his nose at fate guy - which is what got him in some trouble in "Appointment in Samara" - or at least he used to be... it could be that Dean is less so now, though it would to me still seem like something Dean would do. In the past, when the question of fate comes up, usually Dean is the "I don't believe in fate" guy, whereas Sam could go either way and is the one more often to wonder out loud if fate does influence what happens. ...Though they did learn that "fate" is sometimes actually more like an on purpose. For example the cupids making sure that certain people get together, which is more manipulation and less "fate" even if it appears more like fate to someone who didn't know about the cupids.

And since Dean doesn't believe in that kind of thing as much, maybe he'd be more likely to "tempt fate" so to speak than Sam would be. I'm less inclined to think it's a total disagreement thing - as you pointed out - but also not really a Dean doesn't understand the implications thing as much either... maybe instead a Dean understands the implications, but he's going to tempt fate anyway, because he's generally been on the lucky side of that enough times and his instincts are generally good on when to tempt fate.

In other words, Dean is taking the go in guns blazing side while Sam wants to ask one more time "are you sure that's what we should do?" to make sure Dean's sure of how he wants to proceed before Sam says "okay, let's do it." It's something they do often, and for me this was sort of another iteration of that. Sam looking for Dean to tell him it was going to work out okay in his (Dean's) own way, because yes, this:

1 hour ago, PinkChicken said:

But Sam gets very worked up when hes anxious, and combative/defensive even, very quickly if Dean doesn't clearly acknowledge and mirror concern over whatever Sam is worrying about. Since Dean has more of a "cross that bridge when we get to it" / "what would we do if this were any other case" / "cant we just enjoy this one good thing while it lasts" / "I'm going to do what I can do" (and outwardly worrying doesn't help or change that plan)approach he often just doesn't do that for Sam. I'm thinking this is just one of those times, and they aren't actually at odds at all. Dean knows it can't last, because "when have things ever gone right for us" and hes only asking for one dinner. They will both enjoy the family time and then they will both work together to fix whatever goes wrong.

is what it looks like is happening to me also...

I don't see this particular scenario hinting that Dean doesn't understand these things. It looks more to me like Sam is being shown as a bit too cautious - a more exuberant version of his usual "are you sure...?" spiel - and Dean's giving a more annoyed version of his "yes, I'm sure" answer.

I always smile when Sam asks his "Are you sure...?" thing, because we generally know Dean is going to say some version of "hell, yeah" (he's already thought it through in his head as to the strategy) and Sam is going to agree to go along with it anyway, but Sam still has to ask... that one last assurance before they go into "battle" to bolster Sam's belief that it's gonna be okay. I think it's one of those little brother traits he still does when he's with Dean ...and only with Dean. I don't think Sam would follow along with the "hell, yeah" from anyone else... not even John.

Edited by AwesomO4000
Damn typos
  • Love 2

Unfortunately those scenes are often played like "how can I gently explain to poor dumb Dean why he is being dumb now". And Dean in turn gets weak, emo-driven counter-arguments like the histrionic teenage damsel in some YA novel. 

I have to admit, I rolled my eyes at the sneak peak.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

https://www.hypable.com/supernatural-300-14x13-screener-secrets/

This is making me dread the John stuff.  But this reviewer is so biased I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, I am familiar with this writer, and let's just say that I am not an admirer.

Each receives a very special and individual gift thanks to John’s presence, something much bigger than simply the chance to have dinner as a family and make a lovely memory. Growth, closure, acceptance, catharsis, you could call it many things.

You could call it one of those things, yes, if that's what we actually see happen. I will be very surprised if we see Dean experience the "gift" of catharsis regarding his father, considering that the definition of that word is the "the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions". If there is only a "slight" undercurrent of anger in their interactions, as she describes, then I kind of doubt that Dean can experience a catharsis.

it would have also been easy to handwave the very real problems with John’s parenting (despite Morgan’s beliefs) in order to lean into rose-coloured sentimentality and grant him questionless exoneration for the sake of a perfect family reunion.

Actually, "leaning into rose-coloured sentimentality" is pretty much what I expect from this reunion. Given the parameters that the actor was not going to come back to play John unless he ended up looking good (sure, he will apologize for his mistakes, to make him look even more noble), I don't expect this episode to be an important chapter in the lives of the Winchesters. John's return is a gimmick to celebrate a milestone, but the milestone is for the show, not for the characters' story.

Especially considering that Dabb, who co-wrote the episode, has stated that the thing he is most proud of during his tenure as showrunner is the way things worked out with bringing Mary back. That doesn't exactly make me excited to see how things work out with his bringing John back. We'll see.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I will be very surprised if we see Dean experience the "gift" of catharsis

The red flag there is the word "growth"  That is often applied to Dean when he learns a very special lesson that he doesn't appeciate the things his family does/did to him enough.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

You could call it one of those things, yes, if that's what we actually see happen. I will be very surprised if we see Dean experience the "gift" of catharsis regarding his father, considering that the definition of that word is the "the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions". If there is only a "slight" undercurrent of anger in their interactions, as she describes, then I kind of doubt that Dean can experience a catharsis.

54 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Actually, "leaning into rose-coloured sentimentality" is pretty much what I expect from this reunion. Given the parameters that the actor was not going to come back to play John unless he ended up looking good (sure, he will apologize for his mistakes, to make him look even more noble), I don't expect this episode to be an important chapter in the lives of the Winchesters. John's return is a gimmick to celebrate a milestone, but the milestone is for the show, not for the characters' story.

Especially considering that Dabb, who co-wrote the episode, has stated that the thing he is most proud of during his tenure as showrunner is the way things worked out with bringing Mary back. That doesn't exactly make me excited to see how things work out with his bringing John back. We'll see.

These two posts pretty much say it all for me, too.

I mean just last season, Dean told a demon in disquise that he agreed with that demon's sentiment that he "hated" his father, but that he was still looking for approval from him, so what I think will happen is that this John will "approve" of the man that Dean has become and Boom. just like that Dean's issues pertaining to that will evaporate and be as if they never happened-and this will likely happen after Sam gets his big "cathartic" scene with John. And IF they tackle the parentification, I'm dreading the overly simple way that Dabb will undoubtedly handle it because that's his writing style-being generous here and at it's core-so I'm almost hoping that he won't go near it while kind of knowing that he's going to try and tackle it anyway and in his usual and superficial fashion.

I thought I saw something about Sam "not being able to play with the teddy bear"? in one of those preview reviews-which just had me rolling my eyes when I read it.

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I have to admit, I rolled my eyes at the sneak peak

Yeah, me too. I have a feeling that some of us here are going to be doing that more than we'd like in this one mostly where the "feels/emo" is concerned. Hopefully the rest of the episode won't induce that reaction as much.

I'd give my eye teeth for better writers on this show.  

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The red flag there is the word "growth"  That is often applied to Dean when he learns a very special lesson that he doesn't appreciate the things his family does/did to him enough.

So much truth here.

• Love 3

https://www.tvguide.com/news/supernatural-season-14-andrew-dabb-michael-return/

As they chase down a lead that might be able to help with this Michael issue, the brothers will make a startling discovery that changes everything.

Here is where they turn the story over to Sam.

"What they very quickly realize is Michael has not been idle in Dean's head," Dabb told TV Guide. "The Michael thing is gonna happen a lot sooner than people think and have some pretty massive consequences for all of our characters."

Let me guess he'll decide the best way to get to Dean is to kill Sam. 

Yay, more Lucifer so that Deans' sarcifice meant nothing.  (sarcasm)

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3

So we get "the rest of the Season" for Nick to chase down his best buddy Lucifer but the Michael thing just happens sooner rather than later? So probably it can be dealt with in a one-off and then forgotten and not actually make it through to the Finale?

Michael has not been "idle" in Dean`s head means what? He is re-arranging Dean`s brain patterns or what? And "consequences" for all characters sound ominous. 

As usual, Dabb doesn`t make me feel good about the upcoming episodes.

• Love 3

I think that Michael is going to possess Rowena in the next episode. There's a scene in the promo where she tells Jack that she should have killed him when she had the chance and it doesn't seem to me like she's herself-unless something else changes her...

And that Dabb interview sent all kinds of red flags up for me, too, that you both pointed out.

7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I think that Michael is going to possess Rowena in the next episode. There's a scene in the promo where she tells Jack that she should have killed him when she had the chance and it doesn't seem to me like she's herself-unless something else changes her...

And that Dabb interview sent all kinds of red flags up for me, too, that you both pointed out.

That's a good catch.  Also can't let Dean hold Michael for too long, can't show he's too strong.

Or Michael might possess Jack, because it seems like he went evil awfully quick.

Edited by ILoveReading

I don`t think it`s Rowena possessed. She might refer to something back in the episode if this scene is close towards the ending. 

And Jack gets dorkside!Nougat because he keeps burning out his soul. Probably uses his powers once at the beginning, then starts getting meaner, being told no, using them once more and then losing it. Now either they fix that in this episode or he runs away to be dorkside in the wind. 

I think that startling clue/discovery about Michael in Dean`s head will happen in the episode where they are somehow in the mind of a psychic or a world that has been created by a psychic. That can easily reveal some kind of shenanigans inside Dean`s head. And it`s either episode 15 or 16 (my guess is 15) so that totally fits with "sooner than people think".   

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think that startling clue/discovery about Michael in Dean`s head will happen in the episode where they are somehow in the mind of a psychic or a world that has been created by a psychic. That can easily reveal some kind of shenanigans inside Dean`s head. And it`s either episode 15 or 16 (my guess is 15) so that totally fits with "sooner than people think".   

They filmed out of order. 

Episode 14- Looks to be Jack centric, and him starting to turn evil.  I guess that's why its called Obourous.    It's too bad because its written by Yockey. 

Then they filmed episode 16.  Don't go Into the Woods.  Its' written by Perez and Nick Vaught (not sure what his job is on the show).  I read on twitter its about the teens.   Dabb said something about them recurring and how we would see more of of Lebanon.  I figure this will be a typical monster of the week.  The teens will try to decide to hunt.  They'll get in over their head, Sam and Dean will go to their rescue.

Episode 15 is Peace of Mind.  And just finished filming.  Ugh, if Dabb's assistant wrote the ep where Michael gets loose.  I'm guessing this will be the ep that takes place in the psychic's mind.  Jensen also barely filmed.   If Austin sightings are accurate, Jensen filmed two days at most. According to a Tumblr post he was spotted on at a restaurant in Austin last Wednesday and didn't film all week.  So the spoiler about "our guys being in a pychics mind" was Sam and Cas.  Not Sam and Dean.  I have no idea where Dean is for this ep.  But he's not with Sam and Cas.   But if Michael does get loose and the spoiler about the teens is accurate, then its going to be strange that he threatens to burn down the world and Sam and Dean are off playing nanny to annoying teenagers instead of letting "chief" AU hunters deal with the insignificant thing. 

So I'm hoping that episode 15, and 16 will be more MOTW since they have new writers, and that episode 17 will be the one to deal with Michael since its called Game Night.  Michael does like to play games. 

I'd like to see some the tole keep an arch angel locked up has on Dean.  Is he experiencing headaches, trouble sleeping, etc.  Maybe episode 15 he has to stay back because of what Michael is doing to him.  No, I would not be upset or think that would make Dean look weak, because i want to see this story play out on screen.  Not become non-existent like Michael's plan to crush Dean by letting him think he was free.  That was so non-existent no one, not even Dean noticed or cared.   I'm also hoping 15 minute be Dean light filler because Jensen has a heavy episode coming up. 

Hopefully someone will ask Jensen at the con this weekend what's coming up for Dean.

• Love 4

Then they filmed episode 16.  Don't go Into the Woods.  Its' written by Perez and Nick Vaught (not sure what his job is on the show).  I read on twitter its about the teens.

That sounds really boring. The characters were stock footage clichés and none of the actors had any presence, maybe that kid with the hat a bit. But the girls were basically forgettable. Supposed tough chick was silly. 

• Love 3

I think I saw a tweet from Jason Fischer that he'd read rhe last scripts of the season and the usual hyperbole that goes along with it.

And now I'm reading that JP has been a tweeting fool lately and that we're getting pretty much radio silence from JA. 

Not a good sign, IMO. Not. At. All.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And now I'm reading that JP has been a tweeting fool lately and that we're getting pretty much radio silence from JA. 

Not a good sign, IMO. Not. At. All.

What if... Jensen didn't/doesn't sign up for season 15? That'd be the only spoiler that could make me happy these days. Let them see how far they get with "performance of the month" Padalecki as a sole lead.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, juppschmitz said:

What if... Jensen didn't/doesn't sign up for season 15? That'd be the only spoiler that could make me happy these days. Let them see how far they get with "performance of the month" Padalecki as a sole lead.

As much as I would love that, and it would explain his radio silence lately, I really don't see him not seeing it through to the end. 

So, four rewarding episodes (rewarding for Dean/Jensen fans, that is) in a row. Looks like this is it for the season. After the hiatus it's back to dumb Bambi face and Nickifer again. Oh, and more teenagers, yay. Time to tune out again, I think.

Edited by juppschmitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

As much as I would love that, and it would explain his radio silence lately, I really don't see him not seeing it through to the end. 

I can if he's taking a movie role... Like Batman. And they can put Dean in the box and bring him back. I think the increase in Sam and Cas pairings are possibly gettingnthe audience used to them being on screen together if Jensen does take a hiatus.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, juppschmitz said:

Well, those of us who have been in since the beginning (or at least, are older than the typical CW watcher) aren't  the demographic they're aiming at, so with Jack and the various tweens they're introducing, maybe they're planning the next generation, not as a spinoff but a progression, so the boys can still be a part but not the center.  

I don't think they'll kill off Dean (or that Jensen hasn't signed) but I can see him only doing a limited number of eps as drop-ins/plot B and gradually moving all the action to the younger ones.  They can have Sam as Leader who can still kick ass if necessary (Professor Xavier?) as a nod to the older crowd, while the kids do the heavy lifting.  And Sam can make sure his crew eats kale!

Of course, I'd stop watching long before that.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I can if he's taking a movie role... Like Batman.

Last I heard, they wanted a younger Batman.  But there are  so many other cool parts for Jensen.  Like Adam Warlock in Guardians of the Galaxy 3*.   Adam is a Genetically engineered perfect human.  No better for Jensen.

Topic- I really hope we get some teasers from Jensen about Dean at the con this weekend.

*I don't actually know if that is the plot of GOTG 3, but the post credits screen hinted at it.

• Love 2

Last I heard, they wanted a younger Batman.  But there are  so many other cool parts for Jensen.  Like Adam Warlock in Guardians of the Galaxy 3*.   Adam is a Genetically engineered perfect human.  No better for Jensen.

I saw that and I saw another article that said the studio wanted someone in their mid thirties.  I'm not saying it's a certainty, my point was using Batman as an example.'

I've been saying since Regarding Dean that I think they are writing for Dean's permanent (well mostly permanent) exit.

We have Dean telling John loves him.  Telling Mary when he was a little boy, sort of telling Sam a couple of episodes ago. The only one left to tell is Castiel.

• Love 3

On Jensen's radio silence lately, he tweeted yesterday, I think,  a picture of a neon sign that said "Eat Pie" and under it "Kill Demons"  He said it needs to hang in Dean's bedroom from here on out. 

I don't expect anyone to care but if Jensen leaves the show, or takes an extended hiatus, I'm done.  I like Cas, alot, and Jodie, Donna, Sam.  But a show with no Dean Winchester is a show I Will. Not. Watch.  To me, it would effectively shit all over what they spent 14 years to build up.  I don't begrudge Jensen roles in other shows, movies.  He is awesome, and I'd love to see him given roles that showcase his abilities and gives him the respect he deserves. 

I hope that he feels the same about Dean, and that he will do what he can to make sure the character is treated with the respect he deserves before he's taken out.  

• Love 4

I see no future, no option, no scenario where it isn't J2 for the same number of episodes for however many seasons they go for.  They and TPTB have been super clear about how it's "the boys" together.  Further, as I've stated multiple times -- the boys have been signing two year deals since S5 ended.  Which means when S14 was signed, they signed S15.  If there was any long term plan to shift Jensen to some number less than Jared episodes, that would have been revealed by now.

The next major 'decision' for the boys, IMO, will be Nov 2019.  When they are 'invited back' for more seasons.  It's at that juncture that they will again decide: does this show still have legs and how much time are we willing to devote to it.  It's also at that juncture that the network will likely hint to the studio if they are looking to wrap up.  Formal decisions on S16 would not be made until late January after pilot season was under way.  Formal announcements NLT May.  But with the massive full-scale renewal the CW just did, I'm betting the CW are hoping to have Supernatural for S16.  This then puts the boys in the drivers seat for negotiation.  Again.  

And finally, it's a ballsy move to ignore the sweeps month -- but they are doing it.  They've got the one episode (Lebanon) in there.  They bypass May sweeps.  That means they already have the advertising numbers established for SPN for S15 and they are happy with that.  Further, we had Mark P. talk about the balanced demographic.  They freaking LOVE this show.  It's foundational to their lineup.  Not the number one show but the one they can count on to hold it's own in the highly competitive Thursday 8-9 slot.

And they are NOT going to screw with that formula.  Dropping Jensen (even at his request) would be a huge gamble.  I don't think they'd have renewed S15 with that kind of uncertainty.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

And they are NOT going to screw with that formula.  Dropping Jensen (even at his request) would be a huge gamble.  I don't think they'd have renewed S15 with that kind of uncertainty.  

It wouldn't be uncertainty though, if they do it as an announcement after the renewal announcement.  Things change.  IMO, if either J gets an offer to do something they may never have the chance to do again, I don't see the other J saying NOPE, you can't go do that thing because SPN....

IMO, the writing of Dean is pointing to an end for him, or at minimum an extended absence. I don't see the same kind of writing for Sam.  Cas has already been given a nebulous end date. He'll go back to the Empty when he is happy.  So his story is basically never be happy if he wants to stay on Earth or prepare himself to be whisked away.  The story for Dean and Sam with Cas is when do they find out about his Empty deal (heh....). I've been thinking if Dean tells Cas he loves him (not in a Destiel way canonically), that might cause Cas to be whisked away with happiness and then the heartbreak in an instant. 

As for Dean/Jensen, if my spec is at all correct, they have built an out for him to be gone for a long time, and to be brought back when the time is right, with Dean going into the box for real.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

On Jensen's radio silence lately, he tweeted yesterday, I think,  a picture of a neon sign that said "Eat Pie" and under it "Kill Demons"  He said it needs to hang in Dean's bedroom from here on out. 

I don't expect anyone to care but if Jensen leaves the show, or takes an extended hiatus, I'm done.  I like Cas, alot, and Jodie, Donna, Sam.  But a show with no Dean Winchester is a show I Will. Not. Watch.  To me, it would effectively shit all over what they spent 14 years to build up.  I don't begrudge Jensen roles in other shows, movies.  He is awesome, and I'd love to see him given roles that showcase his abilities and gives him the respect he deserves. 

I hope that he feels the same about Dean, and that he will do what he can to make sure the character is treated with the respect he deserves before he's taken out.  

Jensen responded back about fixing Jared's iron gate.  I'm guessing Dean is at the bottom of the ocean soon.

• Love 1

At least Episode 15 appears to be very Dean-lite. Friday would have been the first day of shooting for ep 17. I hope it`s not the same. 

I have no problem with Dean ultimately going into the box but that should be worthy of the Finale, not some random one-off easily undone somewhere in the Season. Whereas Nickifer gets "the rest of the Season" with his freaking story. 

If 14 is a nougat fest, 16 is a random teen cliché one-off and ep 15 is Sam/Cas, then episode 17 would be the first chance to have that thing Dabb spoke about with Michael doing something in Dean`s head. That should not be a Dean-lite episode. And it should not end with an early box thing. 

Edit:  Spoiler tumblr has episode 17 with Mark Pellegrino as "Lucifer". Yuck. 

And titles for episodes 18 as "Absence" and 19 as "Jack in the Box"

You gotta be kidding me? They are gonna be that literal about it? And hand the storyline over to the fucking Nougat?

Edited by Aeryn13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, trudysmom said:

I don't expect anyone to care but if Jensen leaves the show, or takes an extended hiatus, I'm done.  I like Cas, alot, and Jodie, Donna, Sam.  But a show with no Dean Winchester is a show I Will. Not. Watch. 

This is me 💯%. I have a fondness for many of the characters besides Dean but a show without Dean is not one that I want to watch.

Edited by DeeDee79
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

"Jack in the Box"

Seriously!??? 

LOLOLOLOLOL.  My gods. So that's that for the Michael SL?

Is this supposed to be absurdist poetic symmetry....The half son of John is Michael in the Cage... and the son of Lucifer is going be Michael's cage in the box??? LOLOLOL

• Love 2