Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Aileen said:

i try not to comment on appearances, but I find myself surprised each week at how thin Adam Scott is on this show. He seems to have lost a good bit of weight since being Ben Wyatt. I didn't notice that much of a change in him in Big Little Lies. It's shocking at times.

Yeah, his thinness is kind of jarring, especially since I just watched last night's episode and now have a P&R episode on.  And I don't mean to speak poorly of Adam Scott, for all I know he has some health issue going on, and he doesn't look bad per se, just better with a bit more fullness in his face.

I did like this not quite bottle episode better than the other eps because it had the whole cast interacting in one main plot together.  I don't think all the episodes need to be the whole cast in one place, but a few early on in the run of a series helps to cement how the characters work together.

• Love 2

Bob being everyone's favorite person even though we have never seen him before made me first think he was actually the monster, and he was basically messing with their memories. Like that Rick and Morty episode with all the fake memory flashbacks being monsters in disguise. Still funny though. "Do it for Bob!" 

I liked that they had everyone interacting, and the claustrophobia of the monster hunt was cool. Also, this episode was clearly supposed to be the one aired after last week, so thats a good call on the network! Can we just have the episodes shown in the correct order, pretty please? 

Plus, Captain Awesome! Can he come back please?

• Love 3

Finally getting around to watching this on my DVR. It was good, not as funny as I expected, but the leads have a nice chemistry & the premise was set up quickly. The supporting cast was good, except Barry is already annoying; hopefully he will be toned down a bit. Or a lot.

I've never heard my first name as a last name. Weird.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:10 PM, PuhLeeze said:

I think you're right. Also like Psych. [I didn't watch those other two shows.]

I definitely get a Psych vibe.

An hour long format would be much better, but TPTB may not have wanted to expend the funds & effort that takes. Maybe making it less of a MotW format, and more serialized. I can understand not wanting to discourage potential viewers who may be reluctant to tune in smack in the middle of a storyline, but the episodes feel rushed to me. 

• Love 1

As much as I like the lead actors, the show is still very uneven. Especially the characterization of Max. I think they are going for the brilliant, but socially awkward astrophysicist, but (IME) most socially awkward people are not as outgoing and try-hard as he is. I have an uncle who is, literally, a rocket scientist, and the epitome of what I think to be book brilliant/socially awkward. 

The daughter storyline was dumb, IMO. 

• Love 1

I liked everyone interacting, but Bob may as well have been wearing a red shirt. And that the monster searching for water was telegraphed loud & clear before Max figured it out. It came to life when Bob spilled coffee on it, a water delivery guy was a big part of the plot, and then the toilet water & peeing "jokes" that went on so long I thought 12-year old boys had taken over the writers' room. 

Annie is smart, gorgeous, & sweet, so of course her boyfriend is a tool. But that still doesn't mean I want an Annie/Max romance, or worse, UST. Ugh!

• Love 1

Watched for the first time tonight - lucky enough to have been traveling -

AND, I really enjoyed it....

Got a quirky vibe and I am all about that plus I really like the two lead males.

Also, nice supporting cast.

Also, silly plots - right up my ally!

• Love 2

This week it was The British Guy's turn to be a OTT weirdo, I see... *sigh*

At this point the potential romance between Max and Leroy looks more organic than between Max and Annie. Even though I find Max/Annie scenes to be somewhat adorable, mostly because Adam Scott is just that charming, Max and Leroy make more sense. But oh well, network tv and stuff.

• Love 2

Max and Annie are pretty cute, and I can definitely see them hooking up by the end of the season. However, the chemistry between Max and Leroy is the real selling point of the show. They just sell the hell out of every scene they share. 

Also enjoying the variety of Monsters of the Week so far. I hope they get weirder and weirder. 

• Love 6

I feel like this show is definitely finding its groove. I think this was my favorite one so far. It had a nice fast pace, and everyone got something useful to do including Barry who was the big hero of the night. Maybe Max and Barry can hangout since they both seem very lonely, and they can watch the first Matrix.

I wonder who the traitor is. I would guess Terry, but maybe that's too predictable.

• Love 3

I love this show. It’s silly without being goofy and moves at a great pace. I enjoy the two leads and have enjoyed the ensemble (loved Annie when the actress played on Greek). I knew Sam would be evil without knowing the episode description. Barry might be my favorite character. I enjoy that Leroy knows enough about Max to know when a video of him eating is faked. 

• Love 3

The main thing I'm feeling six episodes in is that Craig Robinson/Leroy is the clear MVP. Everything is better/funnier/catchier when he's on screen. The second thing is that I still think they're trying to pack too much into each episode, and it still feels like the episodes are very disconnected from one another. I'm interested to see if we get better continuity with this "Sam" storyline - I hope so!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Aileen said:

It was nice to see Sonya Walger pop up (even though she was wasted). Since the pilot, I've felt like she should be playing Lafrey.

I felt like that was a Checkov's Bar Scene -- no way she doesn't pop up, almost assuredly as a baddie, down the line.  Is it possible she somehow snuck Sam onto their system?

• Love 4

Evil AI taking over the world is bad, but you know what is worse? That lousy stupid Terry and his many Instagram likes! We know your up to something Terry!

If I had an AI running my building, I would probably want to have my own intro music too. Leroy is just the best.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If I had an AI running my building, I would probably want to have my own intro music too. Leroy is just the best.

What would your entrance music be?  I think I'd go with George Thorogood's "Rock and Roll Man".

• Love 1

Really sad to see that there are so few comments for this show.

I find Sunday to be a dead zone if PBS is not interesting so it took me a bit to find this cute and silly show.

I am hoping that the network has a bit of faith and will give it a better time slot, but the leads are engaging and the scripts are amusing - ok, based on only three viewings, but still...I was amused and that should count for something  ---  right?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kaygeeret said:

Really sad to see that there are so few comments for this show.

I find Sunday to be a dead zone if PBS is not interesting so it took me a bit to find this cute and silly show.

I am hoping that the network has a bit of faith and will give it a better time slot, but the leads are engaging and the scripts are amusing - ok, based on only three viewings, but still...I was amused and that should count for something  ---  right?

This is the first episode I watched.  I saw the promo during the summer, and since I love both Craig Robinson (when he guests on Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and Adam Scott in general... I wanted to check it out, but never realized when it was on.  It never occurred to me that they would air this on a Sunday -- I don't usually watch television on Sunday nights, so I totally missed it. 

Anyway... It was cute and I like the leads together.  I wonder if I can stream all the previous episodes for free on Fox.com?  I'd like to catch up, but I hate watching my cable company's On Demand service and some network players are buggy. 

Does anyone know how the ratings have generally been for this?   Is it likely to be on for a while or in danger of getting pulled already?

I loved how the accountant got her passive aggressive revenge. Never screw mwth the people who handle your budget. 

Fun episode, and the alternate dimension was actually pretty creepy. Poor Max though. He is truly the man the universe hates. I did love how Leroy and Annie both laughed at his dorky joke at the beginning. 

• Love 6

This episode really could have benefited from being longer. I feel like there was a lot missing from the story. I do love the gang and the office stuff is as good as it gets. The accountant announcing that the budget had to be slashed but it's okay because whatshisname (sorry, still don't really know their names. I'm terrible at names) had a comfy new chair. hahahahaha Don't fuck with the money person dude. 

• Love 3

I hope Lennon Parham comes back. She was awesome as Deirdre. Do NOT fcuk with accountants, people!

And interesting there was no mention of Sam the monster computer. It really feels like each episode lives in its own universe, and maybe I'm just going to have to get used to that. (I think Craig Robinson is worth it, though I may still change my mind on that.)

• Love 1

‘Ghosted’ gets more episodes on FOX, plus a new showrunner

The network has picked up six additional episodes of the show, which stars Craig Robinson and Adam Scott as two guys recruited to work for a secret agency that investigates the paranormal. That brings its total for the season to 16; it initially received a smaller-than-usual 10-episode commitment.

The six new episodes will be overseen by Paul Lieberstein, the former showrunner of “The Office” (and co-star of Robinson’s on that show). Per Deadline, FOX was looking to shift the focus of “Ghosted” away from the cases Scott’s and Robinson’s characters are assigned and beef up the workplace-comedy element of the show.

27 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

FOX was looking to shift the focus of “Ghosted” away from the cases Scott’s and Robinson’s characters are assigned and beef up the workplace-comedy element of the show.

*sigh* Great, yet another show to cross of my list to watch, then.

10 hours ago, paulvdb said:

FOX was looking to shift the focus of “Ghosted” away from the cases Scott’s and Robinson’s characters are assigned and beef up the workplace-comedy element of the show.

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder why. I thought the Scott/Robinson buddy due thing was the best part of the show. Sure I like the whole team, but I don't feel like that is going to carry the show.

• Love 3
On 11/20/2017 at 5:26 PM, Mabinogia said:

This episode really could have benefited from being longer. I feel like there was a lot missing from the story. 

On 11/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, hendersonrocks said:

And interesting there was no mention of Sam the monster computer. It really feels like each episode lives in its own universe, and maybe I'm just going to have to get used to that. (I think Craig Robinson is worth it, though I may still change my mind on that.)

Agreed. I can understand TPTB wanting to have each show stand on its own so new viewers don't feel like they've stumbled into the middle of something & then feel out of the loop and stop watching (especially for a Sunday show during NFL season), and I also understand not wanting to invest in an hour long show (again, opposite NFL). But the shows have felt rushed & incomplete and with no continuity. They mention Max's wife leaving him, but more as a look what a loser he is, when based on his visit to her in the hospital she seems possessed, and nothing else is mentioned. I expected a story line from that. Guess they decided the Monster of the Week format was the way to go. 

• Love 1

Yeah, this one was so obviously an earlier episode, not just with the haunted hayride, but also with the partnership drama and still getting used to their job. I mean, Leroy going on about how ghosts and paranormal stuff is all stupid and fake seems really ridiculous after everything he`s seen at this point. 

Still not bad or anything (I especially enjoyed Max and Leroy's car game) but I would have liked it so much more in the correct order. Why do they do this?!?!

• Love 6

For those that are interested, the correct order to watch the episodes would be:

1) Pilot

2) Haunted Hayride

3) Whispers

4) Bee-Mo (This was undoubtedly intended to be the Halloween episode. It ended up airing on Oct. 8th for some stupid reason)

5) Lockdown

6) Sam

7) The Machine

8) Ghost Studz

The initial order was for 10 episodes, so there's still 2 more episodes of the initial order that will be shown in January before the "new" episodes begin (the ones produced by new EP Paul Lieberstein).

To be honest, I got out of the habit of watching this show once I realized it was being shown wildly out of order. I think I'm gonna go back and watch them in this order now to see if I like the show any better.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, paulvdb said:

This was originally scheduled as the second episode, but at this point in the show it feels out of place.

Interesting.  This was only the second episode that I've seen of this show... so it actually worked well for me and I didn't feel lost like I sometimes do joining a show after missing a bunch of episodes.  I guess now I know why. 

The car ride was great, and their partnership is my favorite part of the show.  The office stuff hasn't been interesting to me at all yet.  I'm concerned about the media report that they are going to be focusing more on the office stuff.  So far, I don't care about that aspect at all.

• Love 1

This was a good episode but it was very distracting how painfully obviously out of order it was. It felt like a second episode. I cannot think of any reason why they would show them out of order. Watching the team interact, watching Max and Leroy still getting to know each other all felt very much like a first or second episode. They made a mistake in airing them out of order IMO. 

I did love that the girl they saved was kind of horrible. lol 

• Love 1

It's a case of Firefly Scheduling Syndrome!

The car game was definitely the best part.  We have rules (not quite so detailed) when we play "Bug!" -- calling "Bug!" on a car that's not a VW Beetle is minus 2 points; you can't call for a car in a dealership; no calling the same bug twice, etc)

Liked the Max and Leroy stuff, as always, and including Annie was fine but I could have done without the Barry/LaFrey side show. If that is an indication of where this show is headed I will probably drift away from it slowly. I actually forgot it was back and only happened to catch it because that was the channel my TV was tuned to when I finished my on demand rewatch of The Good Place.

I liked the A plot quite well, even though I do wish we had gotten more into what the thing in the woods actually was. Max and Leroy are always a highlight, and adding Annie in was a solid dynamic. She and Max are pretty cute together. 

The B plot I could have done without. Not offensively horrible or anything, but nothing to really add anything. 

This episode was a down note for me. I like adding Annie into the Leroy/Max dynamic in theory, but I didn't think there was a lot of chemistry in this episode, even between Max and Leroy. And the B plot was nothing. I kind of like Barry, but LaFrey is incredibly boring.

I missed the last 5 minutes or so due to a DVR recording delay (I assume football ran over) - I assume Max successfully MacGuyvered their way out of the woods, there is still unresolved attraction between him and Annie, and Leroy/Meroy continued to be the best part of the episode. How did I do?

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, hendersonrocks said:

I missed the last 5 minutes or so due to a DVR recording delay (I assume football ran over) - I assume Max successfully MacGuyvered their way out of the woods, there is still unresolved attraction between him and Annie, and Leroy/Meroy continued to be the best part of the episode. How did I do?

Perfect! Max used items found in the hiker's backpack (radio, car clicker, etc.) to make an explosive devise that they tricked the bat man (Batman? lol) into picking up. Then they used a compass from the backpack to find their way back to the car. Max and Annie know that they both like each other, but Annie said that she has stuff to figure out (her douchey bf, I guess) and he has stuff to work out (his missing wife, implied), so once that's all settled, "Maybe". "Yeah, maybe."

Anyone else annoyed with how long they're taking to return to the initial alien abduction plot and Max's wife? These case of the week episodes aren't holding my interest all that well.