Type keyword(s) to search

9-1-1 in the Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

9-1-1 Finale: With Bobby At Death’s Door (Again), Peter Krause Reflects on His Character’s ‘Fascinating’ Journey

“Bobby’s been a very fascinating character for me to play. When I first met with Ryan Murphy and he pitched [Bobby’s story] to me, I thought, ‘That’s a lot of people to die in a fire.’ But I love that 9-1-1 is a vehicle for storytelling about resilience, and in Bobby’s case, redemption. I’ve really enjoyed playing him. There are some harder days in terms of the emotional work, but we’re pushing what you can do on network television.”

3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

♦️ SPOILER ALERT! ♦️

Posted by Tim Minear on FB.

Hide contents

This is a reason not to watch, not something that makes me eager for the future.

6 hours ago, agathapenny said:

This is a reason not to watch, not something that makes me eager for the future.

I assume they're just gonna be the villains next season. Which might make for an interesting storyline. Hopefully next season without the writer's strike affecting will have better plotting in general.

7 hours ago, KatWay said:

I assume they're just gonna be the villains next season. Which might make for an interesting storyline. Hopefully next season without the writer's strike affecting will have better plotting in general.

Did this show need villains, though? I'd argue no. I think it's done just fine without, excepting characters like the bomber and the rapist that Athena went after. I think it's just another dumbing down of the show into another typical drama instead of what it was.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, agathapenny said:

Did this show need villains, though?

Nope! The “villains” should be the weather and other unpredicted natural events, and the victims’ own stupidity.

• Like 5

There's not Small Talk thread, so I'm leaving this here: I've been watching some of hte S4/S5 eps and I sure do hope they go back to the rescues / cases of the week format.

• Like 4

I am in the minority and like the Big disaster over several episodes stories.  I think it goes a long way for setting up the storylines for the season (what this show has of them). Plus I always hated case of the week shows with no connection to a larger plot.  Besides big disasters are just fun to watch.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

9-1-1 | Teaser | It's a Bee-utiful Day in Los Angeles | ABC

At least it looks like a return to sort of fun/outrageous rescues. Though I can't imagine how that could be a rescue.

7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

At least it looks like a return to sort of fun/outrageous rescues. Though I can't imagine how that could be a rescue.

Not looking forward to see Capt. Gerrard again but am excited for the big disaster and Eddie’s moustache! 😆

• Like 1
5 hours ago, fastiller said:

Is it really a three parter?  I didn't see that mentioned in @Snazzy Daisy's teaser video.

Not the video, but this ad: 

On 9/5/2024 at 10:28 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

First poster for season 8.

spacer.png

See the bottom of it for the 3 part premiere event portion.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, MrPissyPuppy said:

Not the video, but this ad: 

See the bottom of it for the 3 part premiere event portion.  

Well, rats. Or should I say bees. I'm not fond of three parters. Or two parters for that matter.

• Applause 1

Fall TV Preview 2024: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 25+ Returning Favorites!

spacer.png

Eddie’s Season 8 mustache, which showrunner Tim Minear confirms to TVLine is a “manifestation of something that’s going on within him,” has taken social media by storm — but we’re sad to report that, like all good things, it won’t last forever. Minear says the emotional reason behind the ‘stache will be explored “in an episode where he shaves it off.” Speaking of mustaches, Buck has an especially difficult time bowing to Gerrard as the 118’s new captain. (“He’s awful, and he’s an awfully fun character to have in the mix.”) On the bright side, Buck’s relationship with Tommy is going strong (“They’re still getting to know each other a little better”), so at least he’ll have someone to complain to after a long day of putting up with his racist, sexist, homophobic boss. Meanwhile, Bobby becomes a technical advisor on a “ridiculous firefighter show that’s nothing like reality”; Councilwoman Ortiz will remain a thorn in Hen and Karen’s sides as they fight to get their foster care license reinstated; newlyweds Maddie and Chimney weigh the pros and cons of growing their own family; and the return of a familiar face from Athena’s past will force her to “deal with a seminal event in her canonical life.”

BONUS SPOILER!: The two recurring villains of Season 8, Captain Gerrard and Councilwoman Ortiz, are “connected in many ways,” Minear hints.

RETURN DATE: Thursday, Sept. 26, at 8/7c (ABC)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Why would anyone be trucking "killer bees" around? They are an invasive species and not the kind that is cultivated for agricultural purposes.

The bees that we need to pollinate a huge number of crops we humans depend on are actually in dangerous decline, and really don't need bad publicity.

I hope the show has an explanation and doesn't just gloss over this. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

♦️ SPOILER ALERT! ♦️

9-1-1 boss previews season 8, with Bobby retired, Buck struggling, Eddie mourning, and Athena facing her past

Spoiler

"We're hitting the ground running," Minear says of kicking things off with the bees. But the insects will "lead to a slightly different disaster at the end of the first hour that takes us through the next two episodes," he continues, teasing that the second crisis is inspired by a different '70s disaster movie.”

spacer.png

spacer.png