Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Shelley Duvall

• Start Topic

Abby makes a shocking decision that reverberates throughout the family. Ray runs interference for Natalie, while Sam shows him the lengths she'll go to protect her empire. In his attempt to free Bunchy, Mickey finds himself caught in the middle of someone else's war. Terry visits with Bridget and discovers a truth that shakes him to his core.

Promo:

Clips:

15 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Those shrink questions?  I answered every one of them "YES".  No wonder I'm fucked up enough to still like this show - I'm not medicated.

Maybe you are the demographic core that gets the show renewed....

• Love 2

Mickey gets in way over his head again.  What else is new.

The FBI guy, rather than be the hero who finds all the drugs among the bodies, decides to sell the drugs with Avi?

Besides how Abby died exactly, they're holding back why Avi and Ray had a falling out with each other.

They better have a good explanation.  Beating the Russian mob together should have drawn them closer, not split them apart.

Winslow's son says Shelly Duvall's hair fell out because Kubrick was messing with her to make her feel isolated.

Abby's hair was falling out from chemo but she refuses some experimental surgery.  She was bitter about having her life taken away from her in her 40s, while Ray was as strong as an ox, likely to live to 100.  She doesn't think she's done anything (besides raising his children and taking care of his family), while Ray has done everything, many of it questionable.  The children tried to be close to her towards the end but Ray was checked out.

• Love 2

Quite a bit of holier than thou going on here, so Bridget and Terry can have a seat and let Ray off the hook. Abby, you think your life was a hell living in the lap of luxury until you died?

Just realized this is Mickey's redemption arc.

"I always get my way." Oh, yeah. Warming up to the little monster right now.

Sam Winslow put the O in the OG.

P.S. And Roxanne. Shelley was great in Roxanne the movie.

• Love 2

At the beginning of the episode, I was like Ray, I know you're overloaded on Zoloft, but why are you blocking a fire engine?! Then it became clear that he had a plan and I obviously did not.

Honestly at this point I wish Ray would quit his job as a fixer and leave all these Hollywood assholes to deal with their problems without him. I know it's his job and all, but I'm so tired of these selfish idiots creating their own problems and then waiting for him to cover them up.

I still don't care about Natalie but I'm also annoyed that the married movie executive had an affair with Natalie and just expects her to have an abortion because he has young kids. For fuck's sake. If you're man enough to put your dick in someone besides your own wife, then be man enough to admit it instead of trying to force your girlfriend to have an abortion. It made me want Natalie to hold a press conference and announce she was knocked up with his kid and threatening her.

I finally realized who Natalie reminds me of. I know some people have said Jennifer Lawrence but her face actually reminds me of Julia Styles.

I was surprised that Ray had pasta and pots in his apartment. I figured all he had in the kitchen was booze and ice.

As much as I normally dislike Bridget, I found it sweet that she and Terry had this secret because of their love of Abby. They were willing to honor her wishes and let her die, unlike Ray. Sorry, it's still hard for me to feel any sympathy for Ray mourning the supposed love of his life when he was off fucking every vagina within a ten mile radius for the entire duration of the show and then selfishly wanted her to continue treatment even though she knew she was in pain.

I laughed my ass off at Mickey thinking he was being so sly when he tailed Avi only to see that Avi knew and knocked him out. Ha! Then I laughed even more when the other drug guy yelled, "Chinga tu madre!" and raced off in Avi's car with Mickey still in the trunk.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

At the beginning of the episode, I was like Ray, I know you're overloaded on Zoloft, 

I was surprised that Ray had pasta and pots in his apartment. I figured all he had in the kitchen was booze and ice.

He is more sophisticated now...ice has been replaced by actual mini rocks that go in the freezer....

1 hour ago, WaltersHair said:

I still want to know where Mickey and the big white dog are staying.

Ray needs a Gal/Man Friday to stock his ah-pah-ment with more than old pasta and Irish whiskey. Please don't let it be Natalie.

Well he's got Lena, who could definitely use more screen time.  At least they had her  snagging the blackmail box and hiding in the trunk last night.  I know I'm drifting during this season because I don't like it enough to pay close attention, but can someone explain what was going on with Terry, Bridget and the kid with cancer, and why Terry was praying in church?   Also, why Bunchy is facing four life sentences?

Oh God God God...more Abbey....When will it stop stop stop....I had to fast forward through half of this show because I hate her so much, I'm sorry, but I do do do. I will say that I am totally enjoying the Susan Sarandon arc....Honey, she wasn't going to really give anybody that Oscar honey! Good on ya. Damn, oh and I am totally pissed she didn't win the Emmy for Feud last night, that was ridiculous. (sorry, I am off subject) 

I was reading the TV guide magazine that came with our Sunday paper.  There was an item about Ray Donovan and this season with Abby dying.  (It was actually a small interview they did with they guy who plays Darryl.)  It seems they're going to be moving Bridget to a larger, more leading character. 

1 hour ago, jrlr said:

Also, why Bunchy is facing four life sentences?

When Mickey ripped off "Buffalo Bill" in Primm, the body count was pretty high...Bunchy was an accomplice and is being used as leverage [by Frank] to make Mickey kill Avi....

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, paigow said:

When Mickey ripped off "Buffalo Bill" in Primm, the body count was pretty high...Bunchy was an accomplice and is being used as leverage [by Frank] to make Mickey kill Avi....

Thank you!  I'd forgotten about that.  

Just die Abby! Put us out of our misery. There is nothing worse than seeing her whine, bellyache and wallow in delusion and self pity!

I think Natalie/the actress who plays her is one of those attractive women who other women can't stand and guys like me find stunningly beautiful. 

Is the character George just there for comic relief? I don't get the point of that character. Might be the biggest weirdo in the history of the show.

Edited by BigDfromLA
  • Love 1

Why do so many people wind up in trunks this season?  Avi, Lena, Mickey.  When Abby finally dies, Ray will probably toss her in the trunk and drive her to the funeral.  They should rename this season, Ray Donovan: Trunks.

• Love 2
On 9/18/2017 at 5:10 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I still don't care about Natalie but I'm also annoyed that the married movie executive had an affair with Natalie and just expects her to have an abortion because he has young kids. For fuck's sake. If you're man enough to put your dick in someone besides your own wife, then be man enough to admit it instead of trying to force your girlfriend to have an abortion. It made me want Natalie to hold a press conference and announce she was knocked up with his kid and threatening her.

My mind went there as well. Have the press conference and get him out of the business for good. She is no prize however. She keeps screwing married men. Is she phobic about meeting a single man and having to have a 'real' relationship? One of these days she won't get her way/win and her world will come crashing down. Sooner than later I hope. 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:51 PM, BigDfromLA said:

Just die Abby! Put us out of our misery. There is nothing worse than seeing her whine, bellyache and wallow in delusion and self pity!

I think Natalie/the actress who plays her is one of those attractive women who other women can't stand and guys like me find stunningly beautiful. 

Is the character George just there for comic relief? I don't get the point of that character. Might be the biggest weirdo in the history of the show.

I thought Abby WAS already dead? Maybe this series has cancer too. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:51 AM, BigDfromLA said:

Yeah!  Fuck those self-pitying terminal cancer patients.  All they do is whine about their excruciating pain and their unreasonable fear of death, and leaving their children behind.  Don't they know they should just shut their fucking mouths and go die alone somewhere?  Fucking selfish bitch!  I say we send them all to a leper colony so we can fuck around and get drunk and high in peace.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:51 AM, BigDfromLA said:

Nah, that's a stereotype.  This woman, as well as all the women I know, have no issues with beautiful women.  In fact, beautiful women get the same preferential treatment as beautiful men in our society.  I think the actress looks amazingly like Erika Christensen, and I'm liking her so far.  At least she's a mature woman, unlike the Disney chick Ray was banging way back when. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

At least she's a mature woman, unlike the Disney chick Ray was banging way back when. 

Ray has a line drawn at statutory rape and relatives... otherwise, any female "type" is fair game....

• Love 1
On September 19, 2017 at 2:51 AM, BigDfromLA said:

Who is George? I guess I don't pay attention. LOL

How long had Natalie been in Ray's apartment at this time?  I'm assuming she's been eating three meals a day, yet needs to ask permission to look for pasta, and doesn't know where the pots are.  So she's been ordering out three times a day and it's a surprise that the press figured out where she was?

It's so wrong, but I enjoyed seeing Terry and Bridg skipping down the street drunk and high.  Wish I'd done that before my favorite uncle died.

It was almost comical when Ray realized Susan Sarandon must have killed the guy - sinister music, and concerned look on Ray's face.  He kills people all the time.  Is he the only person allowed to do so in his mind?

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, Gobi said:

I think he's Susan Sarandon's son.

Not sure if you're speaking IRL, or on the show.  George is Susan's character's step-son, and the actor is Keir O'Donnell.

• Love 1