Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Drag Bingo Bombshell

• Start Topic

Vicki does look overweight in that picture, more overweight than Shannon, who I still think looks fine. She doesn't have tiny bones, and she isn't a tiny person. Neither is Vicki. They are both a tad overweight, but really, it's much harder on the body to be underweight than overweight by 20 pounds. 20 lbs underweight and you are in the hospital. I think that Shannon needs to stop talking about her weight, the shame and guilt she is constantly expressing is very damaging to her self esteem and also her kids. I think being mentally healthy is so much more important than weight anyway. And Shannon is going to be a mess regardless how much she weights unless she figures out what they hell she wants from life. 

However, it's super ironic that she's married to Mr. World Fitness. Gawd, how did that happen? 

Does anyone think David has a crush on Eddie?

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She'll go out with guys, let them give her oral sex, and kick them to the curb. .

I understand (and agree with ) your overall point re Vicki and Ramona, but I'm pretty sure the pillow queen act is just PR from Ramona (men in NYC are not desperate to service any woman -- other than a super model as bragging rights - and then be on their way). That, or Ramona has no idea she's actually paying for sex when she hands her "date" 300 bucks at the end of the night for "going dutch at dinner" ; )

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I think that Shannon needs to stop talking about her weight, the shame and guilt she is constantly expressing is very damaging to her self esteem and also her kids.

She's drenched in shame, and it's beyond sad.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

Ugh Lydia as a man was flat out yikes yikes yikes.   Nightmare food    

Meghan has become one of my favorite OC hwives ever.   I loved how she handled Vicki at that lunch.   Damn it vile Kelly for making her cry at drag bingo. 

Did I hear wrong or did Vicki tell Steve that it was RYAN who suggested they needed to spend more family time on a boat together.... Or was that Michael?   God she is thirsty as  heck with her sex 4 times a day crap.  And yeah she is bored with Steve because she is still pining for creepy Brooks who she can't wait to spend the afterlife with.    Speaking of Steve if he is retired what is the job he has now that he is wearing a suit for?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Speaking of Steve if he is retired what is the job he has now that he is wearing a suit for?

Professional boyfriend. "I'm not Vicki's boyfriend, but I play one on TV."

20 hours ago, film noire said:

I understand (and agree with ) your overall point re Vicki and Ramona, but I'm pretty sure the pillow queen act is just PR from Ramona (men in NYC are not desperate to service any woman -- other than a super model as bragging rights - and then be on their way). That, or Ramona has no idea she's actually paying for sex when she hands her "date" 300 bucks at the end of the night for "going dutch at dinner" ; )

If she's paying and she might be, Ramona has no clue that she's shelling out bucks to professionals. She might also be full of it.

She's drenched in shame, and it's beyond sad.

Shannon really needs to accomplish something on her own. And not a restaurant because she's always had really dysfunctional ideas about food. Shannon is a smart woman. She needs to feel accomplished about something she makes/creates/develops on her own.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Shannon really needs to accomplish something on her own. And not a restaurant because she's always had really dysfunctional ideas about food. Shannon is a smart woman. She needs to feel accomplished about something she makes/creates/develops on her own.

Totally agree on Shannon.   I hope she is seeing a legit therapist in addition to all her woo woo docs and chiropractors because she is troubled AF and it just pulsates off the screen.  

She is a spoiled rich girl turned middle aged woman who has had too much time to obsess over breathing "hospital grade air" in her own mansion.  Yes she gained weight but the way she gives everybody breaking news updates on her pounds lost and body fat is deeply strange. Neurotic doesn't start to cover it.   David looks utterly miserable with her and seems like he is gritting his teeth to hang in there until the kids are in college and/or his marriage is not on Bravo.   

• Love 7

Lydia and her mom?  Creepy close.  And her boy's a little pussy.  In the home where I was raised by a single father, the only girl with a brother and a same-aged uncle, the phrase "mommy are you going to die in the fire?" would be mockingly aped repeatedly, and he'd be ridiculed with it until he was at least 35.

Eddie cracks me up with his "I'm the Mexican here" when Tamra was vacuuming the rug.  He's a keeper.(sigh).

It seems like Dickran can hardly utter a sentence that doesn't contain a boast regarding large sums of money.  And if Peggy says another stupid thing like, "We Armenians believe it's essential to breathe and eat", I'm gonna scream!  Girl, please, for christ fucking sake -- Armenians are NOT the apex of civilization simply because they think education is important, and that Armenian fathers are protective of their daughters.  This bitch is seriously getting on my nerves with her superiority complex.  (AND her resting bitch face.)  

Meghan, honey, paying over $1,700 on a cheap-junk crib is ridiculous because 1) it isn't worth the price, and 2) the baby won't sleep any better in another room, and neither will you because you'll still be awakened 2 to 3 times a night, but now you'll have farther to go to get to  her.  How about you grow up and just accept the fact that your days of sleeping whenever and however long you want to are over for the time being.   Think of what you'd be going through with the twins you wanted!

Holy shit -- I never laughed out loud at my favorite housewives like I did during the "drag" sequences.  I almost didn't recognize Tamra when I saw her enter Shannon's house and call Shannon her "little trailer park bitch".   Hahahahahha!  Priceless.  What a sense of humor.  Totally cool idea, and they were all so funny.

Is Vicki squealing "WHAT?" repeatedly supposed to be so cute/funny that it bears re-stageing in multiple scenes??  (Gag)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
On 9/5/2017 at 6:02 AM, FamilyVan said:

Yes I only wished Megan had pushed Vicki a little harder, but she did well. I really think that Meghan's intention was to point blank ask Vicki what she wanted an apology for, and to let Vicki talk, and the nonsense would flow and speak for itself.  There is really nothing more needed.  The best thing you can do for Vicki is give her the platform to speak and let her share her POV, because with what comes forth, she buries herself.

Yeah - shit like "I want to punish them for not being my friend" (together with her pathetic sad-face).

• Love 3
On 9/5/2017 at 9:57 PM, film noire said:

In Armenian culture, interesting people are the boring ones.

I don't much like Bret Michaels. I don't much like Shannon. But I fucking LOVED Shannon as Bret Michaels.

I would happily watch every second of a show based on her living her daily life as Bret. (Cooking diet chicken as Bret?  SO THERE. "Put down the chips David!" YES! REWIND TO WATCH FIVE MORE TIMES. Body fat testing? LOVE IT. Bandana shopping trip? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.) And (look away, Lydia --  yes, we all know you read here) I think she was fucking hot as Bret. I can imagine her in a dive bar with a pool cue in her hand, drinking and accidentally butt-recording every conversation ("Number 5 in the side pocket!") and then some shithead harassers approach her  ("What kind of goddamn lady-dude are you?") and next thing we hear is her all "Sons, you're about to learn what "Every rose has its thorn" means" --  and then she wails on them with the pool cue until they beg for mercy, and her work is done ("Can sumfuckingbuddy call me an Uber?") She needs to get in touch with that cockwalking energy,  is all I'm saying. Watching her as Bret, I realized just how much she is undone by the traditional markers of femaleness; the high heels that throw her body out of line and into a pigeon walk -- like her ass is full of helium -- the clothing that defeats her, thrown on a body that exists everywhere in our culture, but ignored by designers; the body shame that lowers her head and rounds her shoulders; the indirect gaze.

None of that was in her when she was cockwalking. Shannon, be the man you wish David was -- Bret -- and rock the fuck on.

My only wish for Kelly this episode: that Bret-Shannon had said to her, "You are a mom-shaming c***.  Shut up."  

And then never apologized for using the C word.

Oh HELL yes!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

^^^^^ Yes! Shannon is NOT comfortable being a woman and even less comfortable being a sexual/sensual woman. 

I know women who weigh more than Shannon, about the same age as Shannon and damn if they don't carry themselves and present themselves with class, confidence, feminine sexuality. And all of those things = smoking hot! IMO

Edited by chenoa333
Spelling
  • Love 2

Just watched the rerun of the episode where Brianna's husband Ryan went crazy on Lydia's mom. Watching this over again I believe it's proof that there are obvious, more truthful reasons why Brianna is not living with Ryan anymore. He is clearly insane and his anger over such simple things is very frightening. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Just watched the rerun of the episode where Brianna's husband Ryan went crazy on Lydia's mom. Watching this over again I believe it's proof that there are obvious, more truthful reasons why Brianna is not living with Ryan anymore. He is clearly insane and his anger over such simple things is very frightening. 

I just posted that very same thought on Ghosts of Housewives Past...so freaky.  I wonder if we will ever get the truth about their relationship.

So crazy. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I just posted that very same thought on Ghosts of Housewives Past...so freaky.  I wonder if we will ever get the truth about their relationship.

So crazy. 

Lol! I sometimes don't know where the appropriate "category" is to post my opinion in this forum!

I'm headed over to read your post BaltimoreBetty!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Briana came back to the OC because she was sick and the Dr.'s on OK couldn't figure out what was wrong, so she came back to go to her old Dr.'s. It also helped Vicki have a storyline last season. Ryan got hurt and was waiting for his medical discharge from the Marines, it only just happened and he is now back in the OC living with Briana. 

Oh, and Ryan was diagnosed with PTSD from his 4 tours on the front lines in Afghanistan, he has gotten help/counseling since "couchgate" happened, after his last tour in Afghanistan. He does owe Judy an apology and an explanation though IMO. 

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So crazy. 

See above.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Briana came back to the OC because she was sick and the Dr.'s on OK couldn't figure out what was wrong, so she came back to go to her old Dr.'s. It also helped Vicki have a storyline last season. Ryan got hurt and was waiting for his medical discharge from the Marines, it only just happened and he is now back in the OC living with Briana. 

Oh, and Ryan was diagnosed with PTSD from his 4 tours on the front lines in Afghanistan, he has gotten help/counseling since "couchgate" happened, after his last tour in Afghanistan. He does owe Judy an apology and an explanation though IMO. 

See above.

Oh ok....then EXCUSE me because I don't (obviously) have the truthful inside scoop on the OC housewives and their children/children's spouses/ grandchildren/pets etc.

I'm just the typical ignorant reality show PT Forum poster who says the wrong, untruthful thing sometimes because I only know what I see on Bravo. I don't know these people personally and therefore can post only an OPINION. But thank you for enlightening me about the truth and facts of Brianna & Ryan's life and behavior. 

ETA: I don't mean any disrespect nor am I being sarcastic. You clearly know more about these people than I ever will so thanks for sharing your knowledge

Edited by chenoa333
19 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Oh ok....then EXCUSE me because I don't (obviously) have the truthful inside scoop on the OC housewives and their children/children's spouses/ grandchildren/pets etc.

I'm just the typical ignorant reality show PT Forum poster who says the wrong, untruthful thing sometimes because I only know what I see on Bravo. I don't know these people personally and therefore can post only an OPINION. But thank you for enlightening me about the truth and facts of Brianna & Ryan's life and behavior. 

ETA: I don't mean any disrespect nor am I being sarcastic. You clearly know more about these people than I ever will so thanks for sharing your knowledge

I don't know them personally either (thank heavens). Vicki has talked about why Briana came back to the OC on the show (last season) and Bravo gave an update on her health (she has Lupus) on their web site a month or so ago. 

As for Ryan/PTSD, there was a lot of talk here after couchgate happened and then his PTSD diagnosis was revealed on several blogs sites and I believe he did an interview on Larry King's talk show about having PTSD and the help he was getting from the Marines. 

And, Vicki tweeted, which was posted by someone else here, that Ryan finally got his discharge and Bravo also did a little blog about it on their website not too long ago as well. 

There is a gold mine of info about most of these HWs and their families here in the older threads and in different blog sites as well as Bravo's home page. LOL

• Love 1
On 9/11/2017 at 4:07 PM, chenoa333 said:

^^^^^ Yes! Shannon is NOT comfortable being a woman and even less comfortable being a sexual/sensual woman. 

I know women who weigh more than Shannon, about the same age as Shannon and damn if they don't carry themselves and present themselves with class, confidence, feminine sexuality. And all of those things = smoking hot! IMO

Heck, I'm in my early 30s and I weigh as much as Shannon, lol.  And it doesn't bother me!  I grew up in Westchester, NY and I'm so over the weight thing.  There are so many other things that can be wrong with you physically than being a little bit overweight. 

The constant reporting on how much you weigh, how much you lost, how much you're eating is just a way to make others feel uncomfortable so you're not alone in it. 

Steve has the personality of a paper bag.  No thanks. 

The scenes of the women in drag made me laugh. I just can't keep a straight face when people in costumes try to have a serious conversation.  It reminds me of a coworker who dressed up for Halloween once and started lamenting about how she was "so f-ing sick of this place." 

Edited by misschung
On 9/6/2017 at 4:30 PM, Sage47 said:

Poor Eddie. He is the nicest guy probably on any Housewives show. Quiet, unassuming, kind, not a gossiping prick or attention whore like Terry Dubrow. Leave him the hell alone Vicki, you asshole. 

Eddie is one of my favorite husbands on these shows too. He really does seem like a nice, laidback guy who only shows up on camera to support Tamra. I hate that they're gossiping about him. You are right. He is not a Terry or a Slade. 

Baby Aspen is a doll! 

• Like 4