Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Wargasm

• Start Topic

That was interesting. Did Dutch live with Aneela in the prison cube? I forgot how did they get out if this was the case. How did Aneela sneak a little girl into the royal harem with seemly no question?Who named Dutch, Aneela or Khylen? I don't remember a scene where Aneela tells Khylen the girls name was Yalena. I just assumed Khylen gave her the name. Now, Aneela says she named her after their mother. Is there really a family named Yardeen? Maybe Yardeen really was the tenth family or one of the higher noble families of Qresh. Aneela was the one that taught her that it was a shameful name because they had been blacklisted. I was also annoyed that when Dutch called her little truce she didn't tell Aneela to stop the attack. Its interesting how much Aneela changed when she remembered Dutch. At one point, Dutch stood up with the weapon and Aneela seemed frightened like she wouldn't try to put up a fight this time.

• Love 1

So many of the characters on this show work for me. This episode in particular I was loving just about everyone. While Johnny is my usual favorite, with Dutch sparring with him for the spot, I tend to enjoy almost everyone. Obviously some more than others, but it's rare that I  enjoy almost all the characters on a show. Usually someone annoys me. 

Lucy saving Johnny will never not be awesome and I love knowing that she gossips with him. It's been a long week and I'm exhausted so my brain isn't coming up with anything too intelligent or insightful to say other than I liked this as a season finale. It had the Killjoy tone while still being high stakes and setting up storylines, yet it didn't feel completely left up in the air. If that makes any. sense. I think I'm rambling and not saying anything. Must sleep. Yea Killjoys! 

Edited by ramble
  • Love 8

This might be the most quotable episode they have ever had! I mean I laughed a dozen times!

Some favorites:

Turin: Private party or gingers welcome? Let me have my goddamn hero moment would you!? Do I get to keep my hair?

Fancy: It's war, not prom. (as an aside I think this is the first time in 3 seasons that Fancy has smiled for joy, granted it was for murdering his way through a whole pile of hullen but it was still endearing)

D'Avin: How to you feel about apostrophe's? Do you have a birthing plan? I'll poke you in the lung-hole! Jaqobis sandwich!

Zeph: You can't go, I love you! - Nope, not good, do not want! Eww, you smell like sports. 

Pree: I'm going to shave your head in your sleep! (to Turin)

Johnny: I'm a nerd not a genius. Lucy, you have to sever the shaft from both ends. (grimace).

Pree and new Mr. Pree are absolutely adorable. I'm happy that they both survived the finale because as soon as I saw them getting married at the beginning I flat out expected one of them to die. Probably clutching a can of exotic preserved meats.  

Ten big thumbs up for figuring out how to bring Rob Stewart back to the show. And even as an imaginary friend he is still an evil mastermind, squee!

Downside, did it seriously take them almost 10 min into the show to notice that Alvis was dead?! WTH is up with that? I mean Dutch was supposed to see Alvis that night. And narratively speaking his death seemed pointless. Did the actor get a new show? Because I honestly can't see why he was killed off. 

And tactically speaking, our hero's entire plan was a steaming pile! No wonder it fell apart in about 10 minutes. I was embarrassed for them. 

For the entire drawn out fight scene between Dutch and Aneela I kept thinking "for god sake just poke her in the brain with your magic ring already!". 

I think this was the best episode of the season, so well done show, hats off to you! And I couldn't be happier to hear about the 2 season renewal!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 6

So it pretty much turned out like its been speculated in some parts... "must kill and die to end all this" turns into a (somewhat) happy family reunion.  Bit fairytale-ish for my tastes, but I am also eager to see where ML and crew take it next season (& in S5).

So, are we going to get an 'allies' vibe between the Humans/RAC & Aneela's Hullen [DSK, at least] now?  Again, bit too much fantastical, but one must adapt and roll with the punches.

RIP, Alvis.  Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but what's the early betting pool look like on which really close friend to TAF gets the ax in the penultimate episode next season?

Will be interesting to see how the trio of D'avin/DSK/Johnny are getting on to start next season.  Think D'avin will still be obnoxiously reeling off baby names?

It was proven, in my mind, officially in this episode that Aneela's 'green' is different from "The Lady"s.   Both she and her personally turned Hullen are not unfeeling robots.  I've seen it before now, but it really showed tonight when after they strapped in to prepare for Lucy cutting them loose from Necropolis, and DSK grabbed both Jaqobis' hand.  That was such a human moment.  Also, even though she knew deep down Johnny could have been - and probably was - lying about the A/D connection, her love for Aneela forced her to not take the chance.

Despite my rumbling about the fairytale nature of how things played out, I am happy to see everyone in the main supporting cast circle (sorry, RIP Alvis) survived.  Even Turin.  Can't help but be OK that the sarcastic SOB made it, and saved by Fancy!  "You still got that new asshole smell." (hee!)

This is a slight nitpick, seeing as he turned out fine basically, but the sonic wasn't set off until after Aneela punctured Johnny's lung, why exactly?  Shouldn't it have been set off the moment the fight was lost, and she started penetrating his skin??  Loved how they proved the Dutch/John connection by him figuring Aneela out, just by her actions and reactions.

The Pree/Gared stuff.  Damn you show for making me be happy for a couple at the moment a war kicks off!  *mocks shaking an angry fist*

I have to admit I was either lost or tuned out what the injection thing was about at first, because I thought it was a source-poisoner, not a memory re-injector.  I was thinking "well, so much for avoiding the kill/die" scenario, but then it just turned into fond remembrances.  *faces palms at self-ignorance*

Can't help but wonder who The Lady will be.  Someone we haven't met or heard about yet, or will it end up being A&D's mother?

Now for my main disagreement of this season finale....... where the F* were the Hackmods?!  Unless they plan on bringing them back for the "Big War" vs The Lady's Hullen, then those opening 2 episodes to start this season were utter and complete filler, for the most part - at least concerning Johnny's side of the story.

Zeph got a "Jaqobis sandwich" and sex with Pippin all in one episode.  You go, girl!

I'm done trying to figure out the relationships/relations, etc, on this show.  Whatever happens, happens.  I'm aware I probably won't get what I'm looking & hoping for, so I'll just accept what happens and enjoy the rest.

Although, one last crazy hurrah before I shut it all down;   I will bring up a past potential outcome I made quite a few episodes ago... about how if A & Du didn't end up killing each other and ended up friends, or even just allies (of sorts), they could sort it out so each Jaqobis brother gets a Dutch (or Aneela) in the endgame.  Bit of a work-around with DSK in the picture (currently), but the option is now not-so-closed [going by the early looks of things heading in to the long off-season & then S4].  Granted, Aneela did try to kill Johnny, so that optional pairing wouldn't start off with the best of traction.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

So, poor Alvis really is a goner.  I hope Dutch eventually finds time to mourn him.  You know, once she's done with the whole teaming up with her once evil nemesis; who actually created her from her memories; to take out someone even worse in the Green Goo.  Oh, and their "father" or some variation of him is in there too! Just the average day for a killjoy!

Loved how pretty much the entire cast was there and all played a part in the victory.  And even better, the majority of the recurring players didn't died!  Because after what happened to Alvis, I really was worried.  Once they revealed that Pree and the bartender got married, I really thought one of them was a goner, so I'm thrilled that didn't happen (although, it did look like Pree's ex bit it.)  And I thought for sure Turin was going to go down in a blaze of glory as part of his redemption, but instead he's saved by Fancy of all people!   Yay, Fancy!  Really curious to see how these two characters factor in going forward, because for two characters that started out as typical antagonists to the leads, they've actually gotten pretty interesting and even awesome now.

A lot of great Jaqobi brothers interactions in this one.  So many one liners and Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane really have nailed that chemistry down.  And Della Seyah getting involved with them is even more awesome.  Loved D'Avin's attempt to plan how they are going to handle/raise the baby and annoying her and John. Once again, D'Avin's become the character who really works well with everyone.

Enjoyed seeing Dutch and Aneela face off.  It was no Orphan Black or anything, but they did a decent job at making me forget that they actually weren't on the screen together, since Hannah John-Kamen is playing both of them (awesomely, of course.)

I don't care how silly or confusing it is, I love this show forever for finding a way to bring a version of Khylen back.  Rob Stewart makes everything better!

Soon, it will be known that any person that lays a finger on John is going to get cut by Lucy!  Best and most loyal ship ever!

I have no idea where this is going, but I'm glad we're getting two more seasons of this show.  Even when it gets a bit silly or even dumb, it is just such a blast to watch, and I love pretty much every character on this show.  Can't wait to see all of them again!  And hopefully Clara 1.0. will make an appearance again.  Thanks for another fun ride, Killjoys!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

This is a slight nitpick, seeing as he turned out fine basically, but the sonic wasn't set off until after Aneela punctured Johnny's lung, why exactly? 

I don't understand how Lucy can tell Johnny that Dutch and D'av had sex,  but wouldn't say anything about Alvis' murder, two Dutchs running around, DSK escaping, enemy soldiers climbing through the ducts, and Johnny suffering a life threatening injury.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

sex with Pippin

See I was like, "Nnnoooo!!  Zeph!!!  You can do so much better than him!  Remember the Jaqobis sandwich, Zeph!  Remember the sandwich!"

I will say I hope Pip turns out to be not so much Mr. Right as "Mr. Right now for this very second."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 4

That was so. much. fun.

As predictable as it was, especially with the obvious Dutch/Aneela team-up versus The Lady, there were still a lot of moments that had me stressed. I, too, worried we'd lose Pree's new husband as soon as they (literally) tied the knot, and I was on the edge of my seat any time Fancy or Turin were on the screen.

Speaking of, TURIN! He lives! I can't tell you how happy I am. I was prepared to lose him (I wasn't ready, but I was prepared) and then I worried for a moment we might lose Fancy instead (for which I will never be ready, and may he survive 4x09 and 5x09 please!) and then I totally believed they'd turn Turin into Hullen. Plus, he got all those hilarious "last words" and those awesome heroic moments, and I was so convinced he'd be a goner! But then, Fancy to the rescue! I actually cheered. I am so, so glad Fancy and Turin patched things up, and they survived, to boot. I adore them, together and individually. Oh and I loved how D'avin was still holding a grudge against Turin on Fancy's behalf. That's loyalty. Fancy essentially had to approve of Turin's involvement for D'avin to give the OK, and that showed that Fancy was being treated with respect.

I also loved seeing a full-on space battle. It was surprisingly well done.

Aneela getting her "missing" memories back was a nice way to kickstart the next chapter of the war. And Khlyen, at the end? The two swords, both required to kill the true Big Bad (I'm assuming)? YES. Dutch had a lot of great moments with everyone (D'av and Johnny especially) but that last moment, when she saw Khlyen again, that was really something. And I loved how Hannah played this "new" and complete Aneela.

But now that Aneela is less insane, I wonder, will Delle Seyah still love her as much?

By the way, Delle Seyah stuck on a rudderless ship with D'avin and Johnny? She will eat them. I gotta say, her banter with D'avin was first class. I never realized how compatible these two would be together (as scene partners, I mean). Hilarious. "How do you feel about apostrophes?" was the line of the episode (except "new asshole smell," of course). I wish next season starts with them still trapped, and we get to see some more D'av/Kendry awesomeness.

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

A lot of great Jaqobi brothers interactions in this one.  So many one liners and Aaron Ashmore and Luke Macfarlane really have nailed that chemistry down.  And Della Seyah getting involved with them is even more awesome.  Loved D'Avin's attempt to plan how they are going to handle/raise the baby and annoying her and John. Once again, D'Avin's become the character who really works well with everyone.

Absolutely. I don't know whether to credit the writing or Luke MacFarlane. I do credit the writers for fixing everything that was wrong (and boring, and clichéd) with him in S1, and fleshing him out, and giving him a sense of humor and a heart, but I must also credit Luke for his comedic timing and for his chemistry with literally every character (even Alvis, may he RIP).

D'avin making sure Johnny would be okay after Dutch's death, not for his own peace of mind, not even for Johnny himself, but for Dutch? That was perfect. As was Dutch's admission that she only ever worries about Johnny. D'avin had his emotional outburst last week ("why does everyone think I can handle it?") but this week he was back to "yeah I'll be okay, and I'll make sure Johnny is, too." That's so consistent with who he is.

9 hours ago, ramble said:

Lucy saving Johnny will never not be awesome and I love knowing that she gossips with him.

Yep. Johnny/Lucy is what we should all be shipping. It can happen. We've "seen" her, after all. And, like, on Legends of Tomorrow the similar pairing (a captain and his ship) actually made out, so. It can totally happen.

Anyway. Great episode, great season finale, would have made for a fun series finale as well (for which I thank the writers) and now there's so much to do in Season 4. And 5! I'm glad we didn't lose anyone else, and we've got the whole squad onboard for the next 2 seasons.

• Love 6

I was confused a lot during the episode, I guess, because I was thinking Zeph was declaring her love for Johnny when she was trying to tell them both that taking on the Hullen in John's physical state was a really bad idea.  But then, both brothers reacted the same.  So she was declaring a friendly platonic love for both of them, then.... right?  *still confused, honestly*

Will say I loved how in-sync both LM & AA were in that scene;  when they stopped, cocked their heads, and turned to Zeph with a smirk-y look.   The "Jaqobis sandwich" will be hard to forget.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Zeph was declaring her love for Johnny

My understanding is that is was a last ditch attempt by Zeph to keep Johnny from leaving in such a bad state.  I'm sure she does love him and D'avin in the friendly platonic way, but she didn't want Johnny leaving not a 100% and went with something she thought might work but realized since it wasn't true she couldn't make it work. 

• Love 2

I can't believe how much show they crammed into one tiny episode.  The opening montage was perfect and there was just enough cliffhanger to go into next season - though if they hadn't gotten picked up, it would have served as an acceptable series finale.  

Even knowing beforehand some of what happened, I was still tense during the battle scenes and just about jumped out of my skin when those creepy spidery things came out of the green after Dutch and Aneela went in. 

So many great quippy moments but I think my favorite was the Aneela/Kendry farewell.  "Be safe/Be brutal" - I laughed and was a little touched at the same time.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Pip was super rich! Maybe Zeph is a Gold Digger.

Nah, that bit was pretty much "Oh thank god, you're human.  I'm not gonna die or get turned into a green slimebot."  Zeph had a gun and was getting ready to die fighting (but she still really, really, really wanted to live).  I suspect the whole encounter will end up being more meaningful to Pip than to Zeph.  That said, I look forward to Pip getting multiple death threats from the Jaqobis, Dutch, Pree and possibly even Aneela or Delle Seyah Kendry ("I am relying on that girl to help safely deliver my child.  If she is emotionally compromised that endangers said safe delivery and I will have my guards remove things from you that you will miss in that case.")

I have to give kudos to the show and especially Kelly McCormak for so smoothly taking Zeph from "That New Nerdy Girl That Might (But Better Not!) Be Replacing Johnny" to everyone's "Kid Sister From Another Mister."  I liked her pretty well from the start, but it's at the point that I can't really imagine the show without her despite the fact that it's already gone two pretty awesome seasons without her already.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how a sonic weapon is supposed to work in space.

It doesn't directly work in space in terms of a "someone can hear it scream" kind of thing.  It seems to work more like a radio, which can still send sound through radio waves even in space.  Basically it uses space science-magic to produce a distortion field that nerfs the Hullen vessels.

6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Pip was super rich! Maybe Zeph is a Gold Digger.

I thought that was more of a "can't be with the one you love, love the one your with" opportunity since both Pippin and Zeph knew that they could both be dead in about 5 minutes.

Finally watched the finale this afternoon, and there were so many good lines in this episode.

So Delle Seyah is still evil and hopefully gets what she deserves, but she may yet still be caring the vessel for The Lady, while Aneela, Dutch and Khlyen do battle with the Lady in the greenspace.

Liked Pree's barcode war tattoo -- but I hope it's a temporary tat.

Too bad that Alvis looks pretty sure to be dead.

15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't understand how Lucy can tell Johnny that Dutch and D'av had sex,  but wouldn't say anything about Alvis' murder, two Dutchs running around, DSK escaping, enemy soldiers climbing through the ducts, and Johnny suffering a life threatening injury.

I thought Alvis was killed on the RAC ship, and that's probably why Lucy didn't know.

I loved a lot of the lines in this episode, from Pree & husband's pre-war convo to Turin's "will I get to keep my hair" to Johnny's "Hello Aneela...nice try, bitchface" to D'Avin's coming up with baby names. 

I want a Jaqobi sandwich!

I'm interested to find out who The Lady is and how powerful she is.

I may be alone in this, but I still hate Delle Seya Kendry and I hope she dies. She's annoying and I still haven't forgotten how she killed Pawter. 

I'm also still not a fan of Zeph but I guess she is growing on me a little, she was more amusing than annoying in this episode.

• Love 6

Meh, I pretty much hated this (could be caused by the Dark Matter cancellation) - the whole turnaround by Aneela felt rushed and not earned at all. B*tch killed Alvis but who cares - let's go find the Lady! No questions asked. Are we seriously supposed to buy Aneela as another victim of a yet undisclosed bigger villain? We already played this game with Khlyen. Not a fan of villain-nesting-dolls (that's what Orphan Black did and it barely got away with it).

The rest of the episode was admittedly great.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marinw said:

Does Mr. Pree have a name?

His name is Gared. But Mr. Pree just sounds so much more upscale. (:

23 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I may be alone in this, but I still hate Delle Seya Kendry and I hope she dies.

You are not alone in this sentiment at all. I pretty much hated her from day 1 and I'm infuriated that she hasn't been righteously murdered yet! She is responsible for untold deaths on Westerly, and the massacre of the 9, and all those kids in the prodigy program and on and on. I want her dead more than pretty much any other character on the entire show. 

On 9/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Now for my main disagreement of this season finale....... where the F* were the Hackmods?!

Right!? I quite enjoyed the Hackmod story and Niko as well. I think if you pointed her in the right direction she could wreak fury and wrath down on your enemies. 

Upon reflection my main concern for next season is that "the urchin" may be featured in the story going forward. I can't stand children in life and especially not on tv. I have so far managed to ignore the fact that this season's pregnancy will probably probably result in a baby of some kind. I'm reeeeealy hoping that if they have to include it in season 4, that it is spoken of very occasionally and never actually seen. Nothing ruins a good thing faster than adding offspring, in my opinion. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

His name is Gared. But Mr. Pree just sounds so much more upscale. (:

And he married up! I really really hope Gared isn't fridged to make Pree go on a tiresome revenge killing spree. You're more original than that, show!

Nit pick: "Westerly" sounds a lot likes "Westoros" from that other show with a bigger budget.

Edited by marinw
2 hours ago, marinw said:

Nit pick: "Westerly" sounds a lot likes "Westoros" from that other show with a bigger budget.

Veering OT for a minute, but it doesn't bother me like it does the rest of you.  Just in terms of not being able to really compare.

I'm probably the only person on the planet - above the age of 15 - who hasn't read or seen the ASoIaF / GoT series [yet].  Considering I've waited this long, I am planning to sit down and partake in both after both are done producing new books and/or episodes........ of course, considering how long it seems to take GRRM to roll out a new book, I might not want to keep digging my heels in so staunchly, if want to read any of the whole story at all.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
On 9/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

Right!? I quite enjoyed the Hackmod story and Niko as well. I think if you pointed her in the right direction she could wreak fury and wrath down on your enemies. 

Are those the Proto-Borg? I wondered about them too.

I am enjoying this show for the pure Space Opera. It's not too serious but it's not camp either. Killjoys is also the only show I have ever seen with gay Warlords. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

HUpon reflection my main concern for next season is that "the urchin" may be featured in the story going forward. I can't stand children in life and especially not on tv. I have so far managed to ignore the fact that this season's pregnancy will probably probably result in a baby of some kind. I'm reeeeealy hoping that if they have to include it in season 4, that it is spoken of very occasionally and never actually seen. Nothing ruins a good thing faster than adding offspring, in my opinion. 

Well, since it's a 'special' baby with super fast gestation there's hope it will also grow up within a couple of episodes. Imagine an adult character with the combined snark-levels of D'avin and DSK. That is if we're lucky - if not we might end up with another Connor disaster (still the benchmark for awful prodigies).

• Love 5
14 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

You are not alone in this sentiment at all. I pretty much hated her from day 1 and I'm infuriated that she hasn't been righteously murdered yet! She is responsible for untold deaths on Westerly, and the massacre of the 9, and all those kids in the prodigy program and on and on. I want her dead more than pretty much any other character on the entire show. 

This is why I always feel slightly queasy cheering on DSK/Aneela.  Alone each one is loathsome but together they are weirdly watchable.  

12 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I'm probably the only person on the planet - above the age of 15 - who hasn't read or seen the ASoIaF / GoT series [yet].  Considering I've waited this long, I am planning to sit down and partake in both after both are done producing new books and/or episodes........ of course, considering how long it seems to take GRRM to roll out a new book, I might not want to keep digging my heels in so staunchly, if want to read any of the whole story at all.

I think there are a lot of us but for different reasons.  In my case, I'm waiting until the series hits basic cable, with lots of editing.  I did read the first book a long time ago when it first came out (don't care for multiple pov) and tried watching the first series. While you can skim past the sex/violence in a book, it's harder with gruesome violence or brutal sexuality onscreen.  It's why I prefer basic cable. Some things are better hinted at than seen. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, marinw said:

Are those the Proto-Borg? I wondered about them too.

I am enjoying tis show for the pure Space Opera. It's not too serious but it's not camp either. Killjoys is also the only show I have ever seen with gay Warlords. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I wish the last episode had been split into 2, because while the show isn't camp, when things are hurtling by so fast, the camp seems to dominate. 

Killjoys is very "small l" libertarian in the way relationships are shown. Gay warlords are just a tiny part of the diversity.  I personally wouldn't want more than one husband but hey, if you want 3 - go for it.   

• Love 2
On 9/1/2017 at 11:22 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

D'Avin: How to you feel about apostrophe's? Do you have a birthing plan? I'll poke you in the lung-hole! Jaqobis sandwich!

Zeph: You can't go, I love you! - Nope, not good, do not want! Eww, you smell like sports. 

Pree and new Mr. Pree are absolutely adorable. I'm happy that they both survived the finale because as soon as I saw them getting married at the beginning I flat out expected one of them to die. Probably clutching a can of exotic preserved meats.  

D'Avin's questions about the baby were killing me. How involved of a parent will Aneela be? DSK may eat him just to make him stop asking questions. 

Also, you smell like sports made me laugh so hard, I had to pause it. Loved all of the little character moments in this episode. It definitely ramped up the tension though. I was holding my breath that neither Pree or Gared went down. Their moments were just too sweet to not be a bad sign. It made me happy to see them still standing at the end.

On 9/2/2017 at 1:06 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Enjoyed seeing Dutch and Aneela face off.  It was no Orphan Black or anything, but they did a decent job at making me forget that they actually weren't on the screen together, since Hannah John-Kamen is playing both of them (awesomely, of course.)

I thought Hannah John-Kamen was exceptional. They helped her out with some visual cues (Aneela had heels on and was a bit taller, they were styled differently, etc.), but she had to play basically three separate characters (Dutch, Aneela the crazy, and Aneela with new memories and knowledge), and each one felt totally different. 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:30 AM, johntfs said:

See I was like, "Nnnoooo!!  Zeph!!!  You can do so much better than him!  Remember the Jaqobis sandwich, Zeph!  Remember the sandwich!"

I will say I hope Pip turns out to be not so much Mr. Right as "Mr. Right now for this very second."

I suspect that will be true, as they have really not laid down any groundwork for that pairing. That being said, I wouldn't mind an excuse for a little more Pip. He is hilarious. Who needs a beer? This guy needs a beer? That guy definitely does not need a beer. He is good. Atticus Mitchell has such great timing and such a natural delivery that I honestly can't tell whether his moments are scripted.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:31 AM, Princess Lucky said:

I also loved seeing a full-on space battle. It was surprisingly well done.

D'avin making sure Johnny would be okay after Dutch's death, not for his own peace of mind, not even for Johnny himself, but for Dutch? That was perfect. As was Dutch's admission that she only ever worries about Johnny. D'avin had his emotional outburst last week ("why does everyone think I can handle it?") but this week he was back to "yeah I'll be okay, and I'll make sure Johnny is, too." That's so consistent with who he is.

Yep. Johnny/Lucy is what we should all be shipping. It can happen. We've "seen" her, after all. And, like, on Legends of Tomorrow the similar pairing (a captain and his ship) actually made out, so. It can totally happen.

They really let them break the budget with that space battle. I thought it looked fantastic.

I love that they are giving Luke Macfarlane those moments. I think it brings a lot to the dynamic and the character.

Johnny/Lucy makes me think of The Doctor's Wife (Doctor Who). "Did you wish really hard?"

On 9/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, Terrafamilia said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how a sonic weapon is supposed to work in space.

I like to think it is a Whovian slipping in a reference. 

On 9/3/2017 at 9:56 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Veering OT for a minute, but it doesn't bother me like it does the rest of you.  Just in terms of not being able to really compare.

I watched the entire GOT series in 5 weeks this year to catch up, but the similarity doesn't really bother me either. The shows just feel so different to me. For me, it has always raised the question of whether or not there is an Easterly. Maybe they have addressed that, but I don't recall it. 

Overall, this finale was tightly written and full of really great moments. It made up for some of the meandering earlier in the season when we were cutting to DSK and Aneela and breaking up the action in odd ways. I loved the combination of various characters. I thought the action was great but the solution at the end was sufficiently intriguing to leave me happy that it didn't just end up being a battle/war. I think most of the characters are somewhat flawed. You have mostly good (our intrepid Killjoys) and mostly bad (Aneela and DSK), but all of the characters feel relatively fleshed out and three dimensional. I wouldn't have said that for Aneela, though perhaps that was intentional, until this year. I did like DSK's observation that every villain is someone's hero. Killjoys definitely dips its toe in the gray, and the show is all the better for it. I am not throwing her a baby shower or anything, but it is amazing that they have humanized characters that I absolutely hate. 

• Love 2