Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why does it look like Sonja's hand is on Quincy's backside?

Thank you very much for transcribing that conversation. So, did Lu claim that she came up with the name because of that, or am I remembering incorrectly? I would be so ticked off if I were Beth, and Lu made that claim.

I think it looks like her hand is on her backside because it is on her backside.

From what I recall, the name thing is mostly Heather's fault. Heather talked about buying an extravagant gift like a Rolex or a Birkin for the friend who helped her come up with the Yummie Tummie name. She said Bethenny owed Lu a car for helping to come up with the Skinnygirl name. It's possible there were earlier conversations from Lu about coming up with the name, but I'm blanking on them.

1 hour ago, imjagain said:

Beth probably had a chance to be around Ramona and realized that Ramona is still an asshole, no matter how much she claims to be sorry and feel bad. Ramona is always full of apologies, but then says ugly,  insensitive things,  like it's her job.... You know what I mean. (wasn't it Beth who first called Ramona, the apologizer? 

I actually dislike Ramona way more than any other howife. 

I'm a bit surprised by  people giving Ramona props for owning her bad behavior. She always (imo), owns it   "I'm sorry,  I'm sorry, I was terrible, I can't believe I said those things."

Then come the next season and she says shit about one or more of housewives. And will run around a vacation house with Sonja bitching about the best room. She will again act like she to tired to unpack her old lady panties and will snap her fingers at the help. I can't stand Ramona* and shes always been an asshole if she didn't see it till this season,  then she's also an idiot. 

*Ramona is the housewife I dislike the most. I find her a rude snobbish common woman who believes for what ever reason she's  a sophisticated classy broad. 

Ramona is like a lab created housewife. She combines all of the boorish classlessness of a Vicki or Wig. The smug snobbery of a Heather Dubrow or Luann. The malignant narcissism of Vicki, Nene, Teresa, or Wig. The maliciousness of Phaedra, Teresa, Vicki, or pre born again Tamra. The drunken instability of Kelly Dodd, Jacqueline, or Porsha. If only she had managed to create her business and then marry someone like old Morgan, Alexandre, David Foster, Roy Black, or Richard, we would never hear the end about the life she lived. She's like Andy-stein's monster. You couldn't build a more awful person. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

From what I recall, the name thing is mostly Heather's fault. Heather talked about buying an extravagant gift like a Rolex or a Birkin for the friend who helped her come up with the Yummie Tummie name. She said Bethenny owed Lu a car for helping to come up with the Skinnygirl name. It's possible there were earlier conversations from Lu about coming up with the name, but I'm blanking on them.

But the reason Heather brought up her friend was because Bethenny had signed one of her books to Lu thanking her for helping her or being there when it was named and then Bethenny blew the whole thing out of proportion and Lu wouldn't let didn't drop it.

• Love 8

I am surprised by the number of posters who give such credit to Sonja for being such a great mother to her daughter.

I haven't seen it posted as fact that Sonja is a great mother; there's been as much suggestion that she isn't.

I have the hardest time posting pictures, so a link will have to suffice. Quincy looks a lot like Sonja especially around the mouth.

It's a matter of the angle, I suppose, because her mouth is totally her father's/Adams' here...

quincy-morgan-attends-sonja-morgan-new-y

• Love 2

I finally watched this episode, and loved it.  I loved them hashing things out, and telling little tidbits of Mexico that weren't seen.  Dorinda not even knowing she was back at the villa was hysterical.

Tinsley's ex-husband giving her grief over her sex talk was so wrong.  He doesn't own her, and she can say anything she wants about her marriage.  He can fuck off.

I realized though, that I just cannot take Ramona any longer.  Her voice grates, her face grates, her hair grates, and her personality is vile.  I hope this is her last season.  I hope all the other ladies stay.  I want a season with Sonja--without Ramona.

I wasn't bothered by Beth leading the conversation at some points....Andy is dull as dirt.

I'm really going to miss these ladies.  For a season that Jill Zarin billed as "dull", these ladies really brought the fun and laughs.  Jill can fuck off too.

• Love 5
On 9/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, zulualpha said:

"My husband and child meant everything to me and I never dreamt I would lose one of them...". This is the truth of Ramona's life right now imo. I can relate. If I lost my family I would be adrift as well. At least she admits this much. As one of her harshest critics, I'll give her that.

I would agree, except, Ramona was vile before and during her divorce, it's been a couple years, and she's even more vile.  

• Love 9
Just now, ButterQueen said:

I would agree, except, Ramona was vile before and during her divorce, it's been a couple years, and she's even more vile.  

She really seems to carry a chip on her shoulder. How dare the world take away her perfect this, and her perfect husband, yada yada yada. I feel badly for her that her world has been turned upside down but she is not handling it with grace. More bitterness towards others who dare to be happy with themselves. I seriously think she really does not have a clue. The air must be very thin way up there, in her UES apt. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

"My husband and child meant everything to me and I never dreamt I would lose one of them...". This is the truth of Ramona's life right now imo. I can relate. If I lost my family I would be adrift as well. At least she admits this much. As one of her harshest critics, I'll give her that.

I hate it when two people, expressing completely different opinions, both seem right to me -- like a Zen housewife koan:)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I finally watched this episode, and loved it.  I loved them hashing things out, and telling little tidbits of Mexico that weren't seen.  Dorinda not even knowing she was back at the villa was hysterical.

Tinsley's ex-husband giving her grief over her sex talk was so wrong.  He doesn't own her, and she can say anything she wants about her marriage.  He can fuck off.

I realized though, that I just cannot take Ramona any longer.  Her voice grates, her face grates, her hair grates, and her personality is vile.  I hope this is her last season.  I hope all the other ladies stay.  I want a season with Sonja--without Ramona.

I wasn't bothered by Beth leading the conversation at some points....Andy is dull as dirt.

I'm really going to miss these ladies.  For a season that Jill Zarin billed as "dull", these ladies really brought the fun and laughs.  Jill can fuck off too.

I get what you're saying, but I also get why her ex would have a word with her on the topic.  They're still BFFs, apparently, so it doesn't seem like there were issues of his claiming ownership over her (although we never know what goes on in a marriage).

Anal sex can still be a little taboo, and if Tinsley's ex-husband went on national TV and announced to the world that they had engaged in anal sex, I'm guessing she might have had a little word with him.  And I'm sure there are still a ton of homophobes out there that still believe a man having anal sex with a woman is a man who's in the closet.

And who knows, maybe Topper/Topher/Tipper (I seriously don't recall his name) likes to act like he doesn't play that way.  And who wants their parents to know intimate stuff like that?  Cringe.

• Love 7

And I'm sure there are still a ton of homophobes out there that still believe a man having anal sex with a woman is a man who's in the closet.

Send them my way, RedheadZombie ;)

• Love 4

I have a question as a first season viewer.  If Sonja was married to such an immensely wealthy man, then why is she allegedly broke and living in that dump?  I assume that her daughter is old enough now to not need child support.  I just assumed that Sonja would have gotten a motherlode divorce settlement that would make the rest of the HMs look like paupers.  I know that her film production ??? business went bankrupt over some bad deal with John Travolta but I just thought she would be loaded otherwise to be able to live in a nice apartment, etc

I don't want to derail the thread so if anybody could briefly explain here, I'd appreciate it. I read (gag) Ramona's book and Carole's, have picked up enough about Bethenney and Luann to put the pieces together and with Tinsley being a newbie, that was all explained. Sonja remains a mystery to me. Her background doesn't make sense. I know that she was a hostess in some upscale restaurant and know that Morgan was one of her patrons. I guess I don't understand her financial situation or professional background. Wasn't she supposed to also be some kind of fashion designer? I swear that she had a line of some type of home goods products at Kohl's maybe?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, grisgris said:

I have a question as a first season viewer.  If Sonja was married to such an immensely wealthy man, then why is she allegedly broke and living in that dump?  I assume that her daughter is old enough now to not need child support.  I just assumed that Sonja would have gotten a motherlode divorce settlement that would make the rest of the HMs look like paupers.  I know that her film production ??? business went bankrupt over some bad deal with John Travolta but I just thought she would be loaded otherwise to be able to live in a nice apartment, etc

I don't want to derail the thread so if anybody could briefly explain here, I'd appreciate it. I read (gag) Ramona's book and Carole's, have picked up enough about Bethenney and Luann to put the pieces together and with Tinsley being a newbie, that was all explained. Sonja remains a mystery to me. Her background doesn't make sense. I know that she was a hostess in some upscale restaurant and know that Morgan was one of her patrons. I guess I don't understand her financial situation or professional background. Wasn't she supposed to also be some kind of fashion designer? I swear that she had a line of some type of home goods products at Kohl's maybe?

Thanks!

Sonja has tried and failed to be a fashion designer, toaster oven designer, home goods designer, etc. She fails because she is extremely lazy. 

Her finances are confusing and at times have been a mess. I believe she got a decent divorce settlement, although I don't think it came easy. If I understand her issues correctly, most of that money went to paying the huge $7MM plus judgment against her because of the con she pulled on the movie deal. That left her pretty much broke. She owns her current residence and has tried to sell it in the past but cannot get what she says she needs to get out of it. So she just lets it fall down around her because she cannot afford to keep it up. She is a hot mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 9/10/2017 at 7:18 PM, grisgris said:

I don't want to derail the thread so if anybody could briefly explain here, I'd appreciate it. Sonja remains a mystery to me. Her background doesn't make sense. I know that she was a hostess in some upscale restaurant and know that Morgan was one of her patrons. I guess I don't understand her financial situation or professional background. Wasn't she supposed to also be some kind of fashion designer? I swear that she had a line of some type of home goods products at Kohl's maybe?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Sonja has tried and failed to be a fashion designer, toaster oven designer, home goods designer, etc. She fails because she is extremely lazy. 

Her finances are confusing and at times have been a mess. I believe she got a decent divorce settlement, although I don't think it came easy. If I understand her issues correctly, most of that money went to paying the huge $7MM plus judgment against her because of the con she pulled on the movie deal. That left her pretty much broke. She owns her current residence and has tried to sell it in the past but cannot get what she says she needs to get out of it. So she just lets it fall down around her because she cannot afford to keep it up. She is a hot mess. 

Sonja is so shady in her business dealings. She did get a decent settlement, but she fancied herself a movie producer. She engaged in a deal for which she was severely undercapitalized. She implied that old man Morgan was still bankrolling her, which he wasn't. She then used some of his contacts to try to bully the people who wanted to sue her into not suing her.

http://hamricklaw.com/news-media/articles/it-takes-courage-strength-the-power-conviction-of-one-voice-to-right-a-wrong/

Sonja has never had a successful business venture. She's lazy and a snob. She wouldn't have even done something like Skinnygirl until Bethenny proved that you could make multiple millions selling premixed cocktails. 

• Love 5