Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Nowhere To Go

So much happened! Six, alien Two, Portia Lin headed to the Raza, aliens, Ryo on a possible redemption path, corporate war, the Dark Ships. . . 

It's going to be a long wait until next summer.

I know Two could break me in half like a pretzel, but if it benefits the team I volunteer to be sexually dominated by her in order to release her stress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Well, that's a lot to take in!  Corporation betraying corporation and the Raza getting caught in the middle of it.  Three has been kidnapped by Portia.  Wexler of all people is now an ally.  Two is a freaking ink alien!  Ryo is aligning himself with the crew again.  Space battles!  Six might have just sacrificed himself (not Roger Cross!), only for it to be all part of Alien Two's grand plan to bring more of the ink aliens over.  All in one hour, folks!

I always love how self-aware/depreciating Three is, especially with his "Like I have any cred to ruin" line.  Never change, Three. 

If Six really is dead, Five is going to be a wreck.

Assuming we get a next season, I vote for Two having to join a fight club for some reason.  Melissa O'Neil was rocking that look, although granted, she pretty much looks good in anything.  Android's remark about her possibly using sex for stress relief was great.

Teku is one loyal man, but he's clearly not use to the whole war thing, because just standing in the middle of the ship without any barriers in a middle of a firefight is asking to crash headfirst into a panel.

I wonder how long it will be for any renewal news.  Hope SyFy doesn't end it right in the middle of all of these cliffhangers.  Fingers-crossed!

• Love 12

I enjoyed this ep a lot!

Kudos to VFX on the space battle and the opening of the portal.

I liked that Ryo's Ishida story continues on. After last week, I was worried it would tied up in a neat bow (Big Overture, Little Show) and not have much lingering effect on his individual story or his relationship with the crew (as I felt Five's memory wipe sadly did after S1). But this ep showed that Ryo/Ishida will continue to be an issue. Also cool was the way it illuminated Teku's character and highlighted a somewhat hidden facet: Teku may be an honest, loyal fellow of great integrity, but the schoolteacher also possesses a spine of steel and a mind for strategy.

I KNEW there was something wrong with Two when Six found her.  I practically cheered when Six questioned her, but even after she passed the test I was still unsettled. By the time I had accepted that, okay, maybe all was as it seemed, BOOM! ALIEN TWO! (I kinda wish the first reveal had been omitted.)

This was a great ep for Two & for Melissa O'Neil. Everyone involved -- O'Neil, Mullie, and director Murphy -- hit the sweet spot with Two, particularly in her role as commander. O'Neil did a great job differentiating Two from both Portia and Alien Two while still showing that all 3 originated from the same "base" character.  And Two in the training room! And Two fulfilled her original design-purpose when we least expected it!! To be quite frank, Two vs. Alien Possession is 10,000 times more interesting to me than Two Has a Baby (??!).

Actually, I'd extend that comment about sweet spots to all of the main characters. I knew and understood each of the characters, but also learned more about them.

Delighted by the many surprises and, importantly, that they didn't feel hokey or forced or conveeenient. Closely related were the callbacks -- big and small, specific and thematic -- to earlier episodes. So much "Hey! Oooh!"

Re: Six. Part of me believes that he will be okay, but another part recognises it could go either way. I don't want to lose Six.

In closing (for now): Truffault. :-)

Edited by DEM
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DEM said:

I KNEW there was something wrong with Two when Six found her.  I practically cheered when Six questioned her, but even after she passed the test I was still unsettled. By the time I had accepted that, okay, maybe all was as it seemed, BOOM! ALIEN TWO! (I kinda wish the first reveal had been omitted.)

Re: Six. Part of me believes that he will be okay, but another part recognizes it could go either way. I don't want to lose Six.

I had the same feeling. I wanted Six to ask more questions (thinking Portia), but of course that wouldn't have worked, since the ink alien would have had all the answers.

As for Six, I'm hoping that Checkov's time traveling wrist band from the back to the past episode somehow brings him back (or at least, keeps him alive). It was tied to the blink drive somehow, as I recall.

I wonder where Portia Lin and Three went. Kryton? I don't recall if Kryton was specifically referred to as a person - but she could still be going to them.

For a hot minute, I thought the android on the station was Five's sister.  And I was relieved that Reynaud wasn't Five's sister - but the mother of the sister.  So we still don't know who the sister is.

Black Ships! How many of the events in Future Five's list have we seen or at least been introduced to this season? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

How many of the events in Future Five's list have we seen or at least been introduced to this season?

Five of eight.

3x11: The Dwarf Star Conspiracy
Not Yet: The Double Deception
3x13: Kryden
Not Yet: Carina
Not Yet: The Accelerated
3x12: The Fall of the House of Ishida
3x10: A meeting with [Android's] creator
3x13: The Black Ships

• Love 10

Given that the blink drive created a portal rather than just go kablooey with local space-time it's possible that six is somewhere in the inkverse.

My only gripe with the episode is the space battle having the usual problem of everybody cramming together into such a small space.

• Love 4

Alright, I thought I needed another season before, but now? I really need another season. That was, like five cliffhangers! Two is possessed by the goo aliens! Six might have blown up! The team is betrayed when they try to get involved in the corporate war! Three was kidnapped by Portia! Freaking ALIENS have arrived! The Black Ships are here! Things have gone nuts!

I knew something weird was going on with Two when Six found her, but I thought she was Portia, not possessed by the goo aliens. At this point, it looks like almost everyone is down for the count, and Five will have to team up with Ryo (and maybe some past characters?) to fight the aliens, and save the rest of the crew from their various cliffhangers.

I love Threes sense of humor, its gotten increasingly dry as he's gotten less belligerent. "First of all, its sweet that you think I have a rep that could be hurt". Or him calling the rest of the Raza crew and just being like "Hey, its me. I'm still alive and not in the best place, but its better than where I left at least".

Looks like Ryo is going to be an ally, if not an actual member of the crew. I wonder if he becomes more like Four instead of like Ryo. At least Ryo seems to be showing some actual self awareness of his failings now, so that bodes well for him.

So many surprises, and all of them made sense! It was great!

• Love 8

I know this is not the big deal but Wexler is back, yay! "Who hurt you?" was my favorite line of the whole episode.

I have to ask though: the Raza crew knows about the aliens and their impending invasion yet they keep that to themselves. Why exactly? I'd be all over the  Quad galaxy yelling White Walkers Black Ink Aliens are coming!!! Does Ryo even know about the aliens?

Not worried about Six - his martyr complex is the best plot armor ever.

Reynaud is not Five's sister (we still haven't seen her) but her step-mother. Interesting - I wonder what happened to the sister and if we'll ever get to see her.

Can they de-ink Two the same way they de-inked Three? Probably not, as she's designed specifically to hold them. The one in Three wasn't quite happy to be there. Until they get her back it will probably be Ryo's job to command the Raza thereby completing his redemption arc.

4 hours ago, DEM said:

Five of eight.

3x11: The Dwarf Star Conspiracy
Not Yet: The Double Deception
3x13: Kryden
Not Yet: Carina
Not Yet: The Accelerated
3x12: The Fall of the House of Ishida
3x10: A meeting with [Android's] creator
3x13: The Black Ships

But wasn't this the Double Deception already? First Traugott deceives Mikkei and then Ferrous, Traugott and their allies were deceived as well. They did not sign up for the apocalypse.

• Love 7

I liked the way the corporate war played out (Mikkei miscalculated by staying on the sidelines until everybody was weakened; most of Ferrous' opponents already had cut surrender/peace deals by the time they finally got involved openly), nice space battle and now the remains of the corporate fleets will have to work together. The aliens infiltrated all the major corporations and are the winner of their war...

We got Four back (in a nicely organic way; the situation made it so that first Two and then Five had to rely on him), but we may have lost Six. Still, I trust this show will have a way to bring him back if they want to. Since the blink drive didn't do what ink-Two had told it would (instead of the expected explosion, there was some kind of wormhole/portal created, effects on the Marauder and Ferrous installation unknown), maybe he wasn't killed.

I feared that Two was taken by an ink-alien, the way that Ferrous person sent the security detail away (while mentioning that Two was going to serve) was highly suspicious. I trust that Five and co will find a way to get it out of her, anyway. If Portia realised what happened, she may be forced to ally with the numbered crew just as Ferrous and Mikkei will have to put their present war aside for the time being. "Watch out for the ink-aliens (and the Android liberation front, at that", indeed!

Edited by Wouter
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Reynaud is not Five's sister (we still haven't seen her) but her step-mother.

Technically, she's simply the adoptive mother of Five's sister.

4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

But wasn't this the Double Deception already?

Nope, per Mallozzi it will be big and clear when it happens.

Hey, how's this for ironic foreshadowing?

3x03, Welcome to the Revolution

SIX: This is an opportunity to to help, to do the right thing.
TWO: And then what? Watch it blow up in our faces again? We make terrible heroes.

Edited by DEM
  • Love 3

Love this show. It gives me Babylon 5 flashbacks, what with the "wheels within wheels" plots, cryptic messages from future self, etc. DO NOT GO TO ZAHADUM.  Please come back next year!

• Love 8

Putting aside all the BIG things that, as others have mentioned, happened, what was with 3 in the Sarah computer space? She left and is now in an android (or is it nano) body. So, there shouldn't be anything left since it was her "essence" that maintained the plant-filled environment. Or, is there a residual version of her still in the Raza computer system? And might that come into play next season?*

* There better be a next season, SYFY. 'Cause if you think inky aliens are scary, they're nothing compared to a riled-up fandom.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Putting aside all the BIG things that, as others have mentioned, happened, what was with 3 in the Sarah computer space? She left and is now in an android (or is it nano) body. So, there shouldn't be anything left since it was her "essence" that maintained the plant-filled environment. Or, is there a residual version of her still in the Raza computer system? And might that come into play next season?*

* There better be a next season, SYFY. 'Cause if you think inky aliens are scary, they're nothing compared to a riled-up fandom.

I wondered that too...but maybe she created a space within the bits and bytes of the computer, outside of her own mind, and the space remains despite the fact her mind isn't there anymore.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I have to ask though: the Raza crew knows about the aliens and their impending invasion yet they keep that to themselves. Why exactly? I'd be all over the  Quad galaxy yelling White Walkers Black Ink Aliens are coming!!!

Would anyone believe them?  "Black Ink Aliens?  Yeah, right; I saw those episodes of the X-Fies, too!"

3 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Putting aside all the BIG things that, as others have mentioned, happened, what was with 3 in the Sarah computer space?

Didn't the Android create the space for Sarah?  The Android probably hasn't had the chance to clear it yet, so it would be how Sarah left it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Didn't the Android create the space for Sarah?  The Android probably hasn't had the chance to clear it yet, so it would be how Sarah left it.

I think you're right. Sarah put in the plants and stuff, but it was still a created space separate(ish) from her mind.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Would anyone believe them?  "Black Ink Aliens?  Yeah, right; I saw those episodes of the X-Fies, too!"

They could have sent the list with identities (which the android and five got out of the dwarf star facility) to all the corporations. Though Ferrous would dismiss it as a ploy until they get some clear proof (which they now got, I suppose).

Mikkei already knows about them from firsthand experience and Ryo at least saw the one that had invaded three.

• Love 2

I'm definitely up for another season of this! I'm intrigued by the black ink aliens, concerned for Six, Two & Three, excited for an Android Uprising, and wishing for some sort of redemption arc for Four/Ryo. The only thing I really don't care about at all is the corporate war stuff.

• Love 2

The corporate  war is probably now done.  The Ink War begins with the humans still alive. I wonder if the Androids will help. I can't imagine they would side with The Ink, nor sit it out. Six is probably in the other dimension with the marauder and blink drive. The "explosion" was probably a lie by ink-two. It merely opened a portal. Portia will probably show up with Three and offer her help until they de-ink Two.

• Love 3

I'm always been curious that the Show Creators never acknowledged the Title of "Dark Matter" as it relates to the "real"* Dark Matter that physicists are looking for. It seems the Black Ships, the Black goo, and the invisible dimension they come from would more fit the long sought after "Dark Matter" than the Raza and her crew. Was it just a cool name for a show ?

*(Scientists have postulated that there must be a massive, invisible, as yet undetected, "Dark Matter" that provides the gravity needed to keep the Universe from expanding forever, and will cause it to eeeeventually collapse back on itself into another Big Bang)

Interestingly, this S3 season finale brought together lots of elements used in earlier episodes.

Ferrous and Mikkei were introduced in the pilot episode; their rivalry has been a big driving force for the Raza crew, allthough it took until this episode for the shooting to start (and probably end with the arrival of the aliens).

The Traugott while hole device (from S1e10 and S1e11) was used again, as a plot device at least.

Dwarf Star and its aliens were introduced S1e12, with a clear look at the aliens in S2e09. And of course, the reveal of their motives and plans in S03e11.

The blink drive was already introduced (as a mystery key card) in S1, got fleshed out in S2e07 and S2e08 and its various uses have demonstrated its capability to open all kinds of space/time holes. I suspect what happened to the Ishida facility in S03e02 may be somewhat similar to what happened to the Marauder and the Ferrous shipyard. Allthough S03e09 was a totally different episode seemingly out of sync with the main storylines, it did bring the intact version of the blink drive to be used in the final.

The entire Zairon arc led to a moment where the remaining Ishida ships could make a difference. Without them, Six would probably not have made the attempt.

The Android liberation front did not come into play this episode, but with Androids presumably being ink-alien-proof, they would probably play an important role in fighting them in S4, even if they would be planning all the time to turn on any human allies at the appropriate moment.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wouter said:

The Traugott while hole device (from S1e10 and S1e11) was used again, as a plot device at least.

I'm not so sure it was just a plot device. I'm thinking that it was intentional - that the blink drive AND the white hole device were required for the Black Ships to come through. It was never meant to go off when our gang thought it would, but that the blink drive would trigger it.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm not so sure it was just a plot device. I'm thinking that it was intentional - that the blink drive AND the white hole device were required for the Black Ships to come through. It was never meant to go off when our gang thought it would, but that the blink drive would trigger it.

That's an interesting idea. It's certainly possible that a simulant within Traugott could have prepared an "alternative" device. Hopefully we'll find out next season.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2017 at 1:39 PM, Wouter said:

The entire Zairon arc led to a moment where the remaining Ishida ships could make a difference. Without them, Six would probably not have made the attempt.

I watched this ep again the other day and was astounded by how smoothly goo!Two manoeuvred everyone: Ishida, Mikkei, Android, Six...

Edited by DEM
  • Love 2

Season 3 made it to Netflix so I finally got to watch it.  I heard about the cancellation going in, and feared a cliffhanger, and yep, there it was.  This was one of the few space scifi shows left around, and I'm sad to see it go.  All the cast members did really well this season, and as always, they keep so many plots in the area it's impossible to guess where things are going next.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 9:46 PM, MisterGlass said:

Season 3 made it to Netflix so I finally got to watch it.  I heard about the cancellation going in, and feared a cliffhanger, and yep, there it was.  This was one of the few space scifi shows left around, and I'm sad to see it go.  All the cast members did really well this season, and as always, they keep so many plots in the area it's impossible to guess where things are going next.

I was on vacation for the last two episodes, and I just watched them this weekend because I had heard about the cancellation.  There's a lot of cliffhangers, the whole Black Ships, getting the black ink out of Two, getting Three back, hoping Six is alive (though likely sent to some different time-space line), Five's sister, Two's daughter, awhole helluva a lot.  i'm hoping someone else picks it up, like maybe Netflix.

• Love 1