Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Telling

The Fosters kids attend a party at the Derby warehouse, but things escalate quickly when the cops show up. Lena struggles when Stef starts to become obsessed with an ongoing case at work, meanwhile Brandon's relationship with Grace is put into jeopardy witch Courtney back in his life.

-----------

Summary above comes from IMDB.

I wondered why Aaron wasn't at the party. They also didn't mention Jude's reason for not being at dinner.

This episode just felt off to me. I dunno. It's too teen soap. Even the adult stuff is getting kind of soapy and tropey.

• Love 2

Haven't they done the big party that goes wrong before?  It does seem like they are heading into retread territory quite a bit.  I did like the DACA talk Jimena had with Callie, it rang true and they got the details right.   I was surprised Jesus said "bullshit" on Freeform.  More surprised that Freeform is still the home of The 700 Club and Pat Robertson.  Bizarre. 

• Love 2

Damn that college guy was annoying.. Is he what these folks on the internet mean when they call folks sjw... Looks like next week his zeal for caping.. Will come between Callie and Aaron... I'm not sure if I'm ecstatic that Aaron might be over... IR mortified that she'll dump him and get wrapped up in college savior boy... Poor Marianna... Hopefully her and Logan can just be friends.. Looks like maybe Courtney won't destroy Brandon and grace.. 

• Love 2

I hate this TBI plot. First, Lena was 100%, no doubt, absolutely wrong to threaten to institutionalize Jesus. I'm disgusted. No excuse whatsoever. Again, everyone is just reacting to him and infantilizing him; no one is actually talking to him. He doesn't have to be "cured." Just accept him for who he is now and stop treating him as 'less than.' Have him evaluated and back in school!

I can't believe Mariana waited until the next day to tell the moms about Jesus' seizure. So dumb.

The moms' drama seems tacked on and contrived because it comes out of nowhere and is resolved in a minute-long scene. Apologies and hugs don't mean anything, actions do. 

Cortney and Mason, go away.

Callie just can't stay away from injustice. How will she get into trouble now?

Anybody else feel like Ximena talking about how she could be deported is foreshadowing? 

I'm glad Callie told Mariana off.

Tess and 'alternative lifestyle' - I almost liked her for a second. 

I like Stef's new case and I enjoyed the realism (at least what I've seen on TV) in that info/evidence comes at a price - literally, in this instance. I knew the guy at the tent city wouldn't just give Stef that flash drive without getting something in return. Stef trying to tell Callie to cool it when she goes to steal Patrick Malloy's laptop? What?

• Love 3

I'm honestly kind of impressed by how many hot button issues this show manages to fit into just one show! Now this week we get campus protests over controversial speakers, AND immigration! Honestly, I don't blame Callie for trying to stay under the radar. She has been running all over the place trying to save all these random people, and its gotten her arrested, almost killed, and almost sold to a pimp. Its been a crappy few months for her, mainly due to her "getting involved". Or, as she herself said, being stupid. She can sign a petition or two if its something she believes in, but getting involved with this new protest guy, whos already talking about using aggressive means to protest a speaker? Yeah...I'm seeing police sirens in the near future for Callie and this guy. Also, will this dude be her new boyfriend? He`s an activist, so that's a plus for Callie, but if she finds out he's bisexual or dyslectics, she will be sending Aaron an "Its not you, its me" text ASAP.

I think Tess is still in the closet, and is still hung up on Steff. Hence her "alternate lifestyle" comment, and her comments about high school friends never staying friends. It seems like things are good with Stef and Lena now, who I don't think the Tess thing is over. Also, telling your son not to care about leaving his friends because they would never stay friends any way is a pretty sucky thing to say.

Mariana was an idiot letting Jesus go to the club with her, but its quite consistent with the families general response to Jesus. Just talk to him! Stop talking at him and about him, and listen to what he wants to do! He isn't on house arrest, let him leave sometimes but with Stef or Lena! Dang!

Does Jude even live with them anymore? Can we have a few more Jude scenes, and a few less Courtney and the kid scenes?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I think Tess is still in the closet, and is still hung up on Steff. Hence her "alternate lifestyle" comment, and her comments about high school friends never staying friends. It seems like things are good with Stef and Lena now, who I don't think the Tess thing is over. Also, telling your son not to care about leaving his friends because they would never stay friends any way is a pretty sucky thing to say.

That woman is a good spouter of generalizations.  The one about the college friends being the ones you keep for life, I had to laugh.  For some people, maybe.  She also made a dig at her husband being detached.  I'm kind of not liking her.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I hate this TBI plot. First, Lena was 100%, no doubt, absolutely wrong to threaten to institutionalize Jesus. I'm disgusted. No excuse whatsoever. Again, everyone is just reacting to him and infantilizing him; no one is actually talking to him. He doesn't have to be "cured." Just accept him for who he is now and stop treating him as 'less than.' Have him evaluated and back in school!

I totally agree. My issue is that we have been told in only this episode, not even shown, the work Lena's done to help Jesus. Besides a couple of scenes last season with the cards, she's shown zero effort in helping Jesus...well, until now. She rants to Stef about how hard it is, but she doesn't talk to Jesus. She treats him like an invalid and I was so, so upset at her literally screaming at Jesus about punishing him and institutionalizing him. Sure, this is the first time she's yelled at one of the kids like that, but once again, Jesus is the only one to ever get this kind of voice from either of the moms. Everyone else gets a stern talking to, but then they get hugged and coddled shortly afterward. Why is it that Jesus is treated like the bad child? I know he got hugged in the end, but the issue was NOT dealt with.

Was he wrong in blackmailing Mariana to go to the party and then trying to lie about that and his seizure? Sure. But do I get why he did? Absolutely. He isn't talked to; he's talked about and talked down on, but not talked to. Jesus just wants to feel normal and get back to a semi-normal life, but being stuck in the house, not being talked to about alternatives for schooling and dismissing him until Lena snaps is not right.

Also, the Stef/Lena tension because of Tess and because of Stef's job is annoying. It's so contrived and it doesn't feel real. This show used to feel real. 

Ah. And there's the Tess problem. "Alternative lifestyle" is pretty self-explanatory. I'm guessing that Tess is closeted (whether she's bisexual or a lesbian) and we'll see Stef and Lena help her to come out. Or she's just plain homophobic and that's why Stef and Tess drifted apart.

So...what happened to Callie getting her life back on track this season? Because all I see now is her ability to find trouble everywhere she turns. No, show. I'm not interested in seeing Callie's struggle to be an activist, standing up for her rights, while staying on the right track. I'm so not interested in New Potential Love Interest. Aaron, at this point, deserves better. I just see this new love triangle with Activist Jerk. 

What I did like about Callie this episode was her telling Mariana off. The only thing as bad as Callie's drama is Mariana's drama. I love that Callie admitted that she had her own problems, but she can still tell Mariana that she's wrong. I also love that she called Mariana selfish. It's true; she totally is because she can't think of other people. Her accepting Tess' invitation was rude as hell. She doesn't know what Lena and Stef might have to do. Just because she wants to date Logan, it doesn't make it right for her to take charge in the family plans. Also letting Jesus blackmail her just to get together with Logan was pretty bad. I'm just glad she came to her senses. If only these lessons would stick with her. 

Oh look! An immigration storyline! How...necessary. My issue is that there's too much going on and this feels like contrived drama, not an actual issue that the show can deal with naturally. Much like the whole Diamond storyline, it doesn't feel necessary or realistic. Although I did actually enjoy the scene with Callie and Ximena, Callie needs to be flying under the radar. She needs to confess to Ximena that she's gotten into a whole lot of trouble the last couple of years and that her moms can't afford her getting into any more trouble. She can support Ximena and her cause to a degree, but not fully. Next week's promo doesn't bode well for this happening, though. 

Why is Courtney still a thing? Her telling Gabe that her apartment will be "just another week" sounds like a lie. I assume it'll be resolved next week, but I'm going to be annoyed when this helps to break up Brandon/Grace. I actually like Grace and Brandon has been so much better with her. Don't ruin it, show! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh look! An immigration storyline! How...necessary. My issue is that there's too much going on and this feels like contrived drama, not an actual issue that the show can deal with naturally. Much like the whole Diamond storyline, it doesn't feel necessary or realistic.

Your totally right, this really is shaping up to be like the Diamond story! I thought the Diamond story was well acted and written, and its an important issue to talk about, but its ultimately pointless to the narrative, and isn't even surrounding a main character. The scene between Callie and Ximena was also well acted and written, and its certainly an important issue to talk about, but, again, its about a minor character we have only known for two episodes, and isn't really connected to the main narrative. It kind of comes off as "this is a Thing People are Talking About So We Need to As Well", instead of something just naturally occurring in the plot. The great thing about the show at its best is that its not a Very Special Episode with one off characters who have to learn a Lesson, its real characters dealing with real issues. This just feels like a check list off of Hot Topics.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Your totally right, this really is shaping up to be like the Diamond story! I thought the Diamond story was well acted and written, and its an important issue to talk about, but its ultimately pointless to the narrative, and isn't even surrounding a main character. The scene between Callie and Ximena was also well acted and written, and its certainly an important issue to talk about, but, again, its about a minor character we have only known for two episodes, and isn't really connected to the main narrative. It kind of comes off as "this is a Thing People are Talking About So We Need to As Well", instead of something just naturally occurring in the plot. The great thing about the show at its best is that its not a Very Special Episode with one off characters who have to learn a Lesson, its real characters dealing with real issues. This just feels like a check list off of Hot Topics.

I agree up to a point.  San Diego is near the border after all, and several of the main characters are Mexican-American, so immigration is kind of a natural thing to take on.  How it affects families.  The thing that seems more stuffed in to me is the new neighbors.  I'm thinking they aren't going to be long-term in the story--they don't even seem to have a house set for them.  It was awkward and contrived having them have to have their reciprocation dinner at Stef and Lena's.  I do agree there's actually too much going on again:  Jesus' serious problems, Callie's latest cause, Mariana and the roller derby, Brandon/Grace/Cortney, the new neighbors, Stef's job and how she's using it to not face the home front, it's a lot.  And hey, Jude.  Is he going to turn up stoned to school soon or what? 

• Love 1

I kind of rolled my eyes when Mariana asked where Callie was when they were trying to save the school. She was getting kidnapped by a pimp who turns under age girls into sex slaves. You can say a lot of things about Callie, but you can't say she doesn't try and help other people. I was glad she didn't sign that petition at the beginning, her showing up at the protest at the end is not going to end well.

Callie is the wrong person to give advice about stupidity vs. bravery though.

What was with the comments about Stef drinking too much wine and then showing her taking aspirin the next morning. It seemed like they are setting up something.

• Love 6

Lena spazzed on Jesus becuz he was about to throw something again.. Maybe even at her.. Jesus is a big athletic dude who can't seem to hear uncomfortable news without getting super aggro and I think Lena had enuff.. Was the institutionalized threat cool... No.. But.. He called the he'll down didn't he... And I know it seems like no one is talking to Jesus but every convo he has he blows up and he's been real rude to Lena lately... Stef is drowning herself in her work and wine.. She's got all this stuff wit the school.. She's allowed to snap

Stef has been hitting the vino more and more lately... The protester guy was just the worst kind of college activist.. Pushy and over snarky.. Super judgy.. Tho I don't like overtly hateful speech on campus' I also don't like preemptive censorship so I wouldn't sign his petition cuz I'd rather be there when this speaker speaks to disagree in public and take down the message that way... 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Haven't they done the big party that goes wrong before?  It does seem like they are heading into retread territory quite a bit.  I did like the DACA talk Jimena had with Callie, it rang true and they got the details right.  

We are definitely retreading some stories. We've had the "big party that goes wrong" story at least twice and IIRC correctly Mariana and Jesus were featured prominently. In fact one was their birthday party when Ana showed up drunk.

We've also dealt with immigration and deportation before with Lexi. (Remember her?) That doesn't bother me though. The country has changed a lot since then and I think it is a topic that deserves to stay front burner.

What *did* work my nerves was seeing storylines that once again depend on secrets. All the kids ended up at that party because of secrets and lies. At some point, the writers need to advance story in a different way.

Unlike others, I kind of like the effect Tess brings to the canvas. She's obviously still carrying a torch for Stef and she's also obviously struggling with her husband in a way that Stef is struggling with Lena. I find it hard to believe that both Tess and Lena felt the need to call out their spouses for being detached or absent.

When Lena & Tess were in the kitchen, all I could think was, "Stef definitely has a type." And after Tess' "alternative lifestyle" line, I think that Stef pulled away when they were teens because she had a crush knew it wouldn't go anywhere.

Edited by Scootman
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Lena spazzed on Jesus becuz he was about to throw something again.. Maybe even at her.. Jesus is a big athletic dude who can't seem to hear uncomfortable news without getting super aggro and I think Lena had enuff.. Was the institutionalized threat cool... No.. But.. He called the he'll down didn't he... And I know it seems like no one is talking to Jesus but every convo he has he blows up and he's been real rude to Lena lately... Stef is drowning herself in her work and wine.. She's got all this stuff wit the school.. She's allowed to snap

Well, technically she was yelling at Jesus before he was about to throw something. I think, for me, it's just a ridiculous double standard with Jesus compared to the rest of the kids. Having Lena yell at Jesus in that way was rough because she's never done it with the others. There's just an underlying pattern of Jesus getting punished moreso than his siblings. More to the point, Stef/Lena don't talk to him, while they'll happily sit down with the other kids to talk about their issues and why they're wrong. 

We're just seeing a lot of telling but not showing this Jesus' TBI storyline, so what we see onscreen doesn't always match up to the dialogue. Lena complaining that Stef was too focused on work and how she needed to help fight for their kid had me pause since Lena just went back to be vice principal and fight for the school, instead of figuring out a way to help Jesus first. Maybe listen to the doctor and focus on being Jesus' caregiver before running back to your job? It felt like she quit on Jesus so she could have other distractions from him, which probably wasn't the intention. 

Just a little hypocrisy in this whole thing, which is typical and unsurprising, but still disappointing. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2017 at 9:59 PM, ShadowFacts said:

I was surprised Jesus said "bullshit" on Freeform.  More surprised that Freeform is still the home of The 700 Club and Pat Robertson.  Bizarre. 

I was shocked. I thought that type of language was only allowed on The Adult Channels lol.

• Love 1

I had to rewind, rewatch, and put the captions on to believe that Jesus said BULLSHIT. What the what? I was stunned. Since when is any swearing (beyond hell and damn) allowed on channels like Freeform? I kind of loved it. LOL.

I am wondering if Tess will wind up kissing/falling for Lena. I know they went there with Monty already but Lena is pretty kissable. Who knows? Maybe Stef will hook up with Tess. I don't know. I DO know that something big is coming there. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Cortney and Gabe hooked up and upset Brandon. Still think she is pregnant with Brandon's kid, though. 

Stef's drinking makes me wonder if her job promotion is a good thing for her. She's making a lot of bad decisions (like trying to get that guy's computer through the window.)

Mariana's self-centeredness knows NO bounds. She is extremely selfish, imho. I'm starting to not like her at all.

I am reading this and thinking that it will be very hard for me to watch the episodes once they are on Netflix.

It looks like there is a lot of the same - in every fucking show - ableism regarding Jesus, with the Poor Parent Syndrome taking over because of course every disability is about the parent, and how the parent feels, and how the family is suffering, and how everybody else is so stressed out, and how hard it is to live with disabled people... It is never about the actual disabled person, and how about listening to the person and trying to find ways of helping them, and learning about what is going on, instead of threatening to send them away because of something they don't have control of (like the symptoms of TBI) or because of who they are (in the case of characters who are autistic or have other developmental disabilities) 

This show is getting really good at being really bad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, alexvillage said:

I am reading this and thinking that it will be very hard for me to watch the episodes once they are on Netflix.

It looks like there is a lot of the same - in every fucking show - ableism regarding Jesus, with the Poor Parent Syndrome taking over because of course every disability is about the parent, and how the parent feels, and how the family is suffering, and how everybody else is so stressed out, and how hard it is to live with disabled people... It is never about the actual disabled person, and how about listening to the person and trying to find ways of helping them, and learning about what is going on, instead of threatening to send them away because of something they don't have control of (like the symptoms of TBI) or because of who they are (in the case of characters who are autistic or have other developmental disabilities) 

This show is getting really good at being really bad.

As a Sib I agree there is a lot of the "poor parent syndrome" but very very rarely do we ever see how caring for the disabled person effects the entire family or the "typical" siblings. I like that the Siblings aren't walking on eggshells around Jesus but are not just accepting and understanding when he smashes their stuff or lashes out. They still love him of course but they don't handle him with kid gloves- Brandon actually had a real conversation with him, on that aspect I think the show is doing a good job. 

Brandon has actually been strangely the one person who's actually handling this pretty well, especially considering that he's a kid and not really supposed to be the one who knows how to handle things. I'm OK with Emma, too. She's being honest with Jesus, she talks to him like he's a peer not a breakable object.

I also give points to the show for its handling of Emma's abortion. They have pulled no punches and made no apologies on that score.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

As a Sib I agree there is a lot of the "poor parent syndrome" but very very rarely do we ever see how caring for the disabled person effects the entire family or the "typical" siblings. I like that the Siblings aren't walking on eggshells around Jesus but are not just accepting and understanding when he smashes their stuff or lashes out. They still love him of course but they don't handle him with kid gloves- Brandon actually had a real conversation with him, on that aspect I think the show is doing a good job. 

Surely, I haven't watched yet and I am commenting only based on what I am reading here. But I disagree that we rarely see how caring for disabled people affects the family. It is all we see. At least I cannot point to a show with a disable character where this wasn't a theme in basically every episode. Most recent show I can remember because I hate-watched it is Parenthood. And I include on the "it is about the parents the Warrior Mom Syndrome, not only the Pity Me I Am A Parent Syndrome.

On the siblings side I will say "kudos" because it is also something that shows usually fail to address and if The Fosters is doing it right, that's good.

Adding: I really don't watch a lot of shows. I start some and then give up on most because I am very, very picky. So it is entirely possible that some shows have not dealt with the the family and disabilities theme.

A couple questions/points of clarification:  Does Gabe have registered sex offender status and restrictions?  I thought that came up before but can't remember the details.  And did Stef and Lena get an actual divorce to get out of that home sale?  I was just thinking that a sham divorce could come back and bite them, and even though Gabe is Jesus' bio father, he may not have that parental legal status and that could be used against Lena in the Anchor Beach struggles.

@alexvillage I think we are agreeing with each other but saying different things. I see a lot of the "WARRIOR MOM" and "Pity Me Parent" syndrome (yup that's what we see), but not the sibling side- I'm thinking of a nuclear family in the western sense of parents and siblings residing in the same house. So to me the entire family, including the disabled person isn't represented. It's usually about the Mom and/or the stress on their life & the parents' relationship. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

A couple questions/points of clarification:  Does Gabe have registered sex offender status and restrictions?  I thought that came up before but can't remember the details.  And did Stef and Lena get an actual divorce to get out of that home sale?  I was just thinking that a sham divorce could come back and bite them, and even though Gabe is Jesus' bio father, he may not have that parental legal status and that could be used against Lena in the Anchor Beach struggles.

He was on the sex offender's list and it did cause on issue back when he helped with sets for that Romeo and Juliette musical. Then they were trying to get him off the list. I don't remember the details, but I feel like they must have succeeded.

• Love 2

Have we seen Stef drinking too much in a prior episode or have I just blocked it out? Seems as if this is going to be a big plot point. 

Loved Callie finally trying to fly under the radar. I also loved how she called Mariana out for lying and for endangering Jesus. 

The Tess reappearance in Stef's life is definitely going to blow up. Not exactly sure how - but definitely explosive. The fact that she knows the doctor with whom Lena has been desperately trying to get an appointment will serve to ingratiate Tess more into the family - until it blows up.

Did not miss Jude. 

Cannot stand Cort/Mason. It was nice to see Cole trying to work with Stef. 

Still don't understand why we haven't seen Jesus in ongoing outpatient therapy.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2017 at 9:26 PM, KaveDweller said:

He was on the sex offender's list and it did cause on issue back when he helped with sets for that Romeo and Juliette musical. Then they were trying to get him off the list. I don't remember the details, but I feel like they must have succeeded.

They did succeed getting him off the Sex Offenders list from a call from Mike to the DA office on Gabe's behalf that helped. 

• Love 1
On August 11, 2017 at 8:26 PM, KaveDweller said:

He was charged with it because he was 18/19 and Ana was 16. Her parents pressed charges  is all I really remember about that situation but yes they went back in the courts to get him off the list

• Love 1

Thanks everyone for clearing up the Gabe question.  I thought it was somehow resolved because otherwise it would make zero sense to have him involved in Jesus' school tree house project and Lena's whole Anchor Beach situation would be even shakier. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think Ana also helped. Wasn't there something about how he was on there because of the age difference between them when the twins were conceived, and she was 17 or somethng like that?

I think Ana was 15 and Gabe was 18.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:47 AM, ShadowFacts said:
On 8/8/2017 at 11:29 PM, tennisgurl said:

That woman is a good spouter of generalizations.  The one about the college friends being the ones you keep for life, I had to laugh.  For some people, maybe.  She also made a dig at her husband being detached.  I'm kind of not liking her.

I'm wondering if Lena is going to be tempted to get involved with Tess. It seems like they are both going to bond over their lousy spouses. Sure, Stef and Whatshisface are basically good people and love their partners, but they are definitely checking out.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:20 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Well, technically she was yelling at Jesus before he was about to throw something. I think, for me, it's just a ridiculous double standard with Jesus compared to the rest of the kids. Having Lena yell at Jesus in that way was rough because she's never done it with the others.

She was scared. Jesus has never frightened her so badly before. And not about the throwing thing, but about the putting his life and health at risk thing. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying sometimes we yell when we are scared for someone who isn't scared enough for themselves.

Stef did the same thing with Callie in the first episode this season. And I get it, because I pretty much want to scream at every one of them most of the time. Far as I can tell, the only one who gets away with murder is Mariana.

Didn't Ana sleep with Brandon awhile back? And now she will be his stepmother?? I mean, if this show is attempting to make every three seasons like only one year has passed, then that still happened pretty recently. All of these events are too close to one another and it's sick.

Edited by Chewy101

@Chewy101 I think you are correct with Lena being tempted to get involved with Tess. I also believe Stef's drinking excessively is going to have something to do with pushing Lena farther away from Stef and maybe confiding in Tess the road. They aren't bringing up the drinking thing in little spurts for no reason. 

The thing is Jesus has exhibited that sort of outburst of destructed behavior before and in that scene he was getting agitated. So Lena's response to him and yelling at him was appropriate. She could have reacted her usual way and tried to comfort him and gotten hit in the face by a blunt object. 

I also think comparing what Callie has done to what Mariana has done is like comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruits, but they are both so different. Many things that Callie has done have been illegal and many things Mariana has done has been really stupid judgment things on her part. Forging a parents signature or even taking ADHD pills is not the same as Breaking and Entering A Home or getting involved with a Pimp and Prostitution. I am not saying these things Mariana has done she shouldn't have consequences, but to get the same level of discipline as especially Callie, I just don't see it. To me by far Callie has done the worst out of all the children followed by probably Brandon and Jude only because they have done something illegal. Brandon being taking an SAT Test for someone else and Jude smoking Pot. Jesus  and Mariana although they are definitely not the Golden Children at all and pretty much lie and keep secrets as far as I can remember haven't done anything illegal that could have gotten them arrested with the exception of the most recent silly accusation of Stef and Lena saying they would arrest Jesus for dropping out of school. Like I said in my other post Stef and Lena need to find a middle ground on disciplining ALL the kids. Right now it may need to be a little more hard love because it seems to have gotten out of control, I don't know but they need to finally work together in disciplining which they have been saying they would do for several Seasons now.

As for your comment concerning the events happening too close together, especially the hopping from one relationship to another, you are absolutely correct.

1 hour ago, Chewy101 said:

Didn't Ana sleep with Brandon awhile back? And now she will be his stepmother?? I mean, if this show is attempting to make every three seasons like only one year has passed, then that still happened pretty recently. All of these events are too close to one another and it's sick.

Brandon slept with Mike's previous girlfriend, Danni, not Ana. At least I don't think he slept with her too.  But is sleeping with someone who becomes your stepmother more or less weird than sleeping with someone who becomes your sister?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Brandon slept with Mike's previous girlfriend, Danni, not Ana. At least I don't think he slept with her too.  But is sleeping with someone who becomes your stepmother more or less weird than sleeping with someone who becomes your sister?

You are correct he slept with Danni when he was drunk which got Danni in hot water. I am pretty sure he never slept with Ana. Both sleeping with your step mother and sister are weird even though technically when he and Callie hooked up she was still not yet adopted and they both thought that was going to fall through. I would have hoped if they would have thought even if there was even 1% of a chance, which technically it was they wouldn't have had sex.

1 hour ago, Cherry Bomb said:
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

You are correct he slept with Danni when he was drunk which got Danni in hot water. I am pretty sure he never slept with Ana. Both sleeping with your step mother and sister are weird even though technically when he and Callie hooked up she was still not yet adopted and they both thought that was going to fall through. I would have hoped if they would have thought even if there was even 1% of a chance, which technically it was they wouldn't have had sex.

Then what was Mike referring to when he asked if Stef thought Brandon would be ok with his engagement, "given his history with Ana?" These are the most toxic kids ever. I pretty much pity anyone who dates them. 

3 hours ago, Cherry Bomb said:

@Chewy101 I think you are correct with Lena being tempted to get involved with Tess. I also believe Stef's drinking excessively is going to have something to do with pushing Lena farther away from Stef and maybe confiding in Tess the road. They aren't bringing up the drinking thing in little spurts for no reason. 

Stef needs a new job. She simply cannot handle a house full of criminals and drug users and sex fiends and still cope emotionally with what she sees at work. Heck, I'd start drinking, too.

• Love 1

@Chewy101 Hmm, I can't answer why Mike would have said that to Stef about Brandon. I don't remember that happening. I would think Mike would have more issues with how Jesus and Mariana felt or even AJ who he wanted to adopt and live with him.

I agree both Stef and Lena should be extremely overwhelmed with all the shit that has gone on with their 5 kids. Hell just one of the kids have done more shit in less than a year than most parents would have to deal with in a lifetime. I guess that is why the show is so interesting because the kids sure aren't boring.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Bomb said:

@Chewy101 Hmm, I can't answer why Mike would have said that to Stef about Brandon. I don't remember that happening. I would think Mike would have more issues with how Jesus and Mariana felt or even AJ who he wanted to adopt and live with him.

Turns out it's because she stole money from Brandon when she was high. And that would be just a few months ago, and Mike thinks she is stable enough to marry? A cop should have seen enough to know better. This show is stressful because it isn't just the kids making terrible decisions.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Turns out it's because she stole money from Brandon when she was high. And that would be just a few months ago, and Mike thinks she is stable enough to marry? A cop should have seen enough to know better. This show is stressful because it isn't just the kids making terrible decisions.

I know exactly what you mean. I was completely surprised when Gabe told Stef and Lena that Jesus was not taking his Meds. I would have been so made if he would have kept that a secret from them. At least he acted like an adult in that moment.

Edited by Cherry Bomb
20 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I had to look this up.  Apparently, she blackmailed Brandon into giving her money to not change her testimony about that time Stef got shot.  This could have actually hurt Mike because he had acted inappropriately during that whole incident. Now that I remember this, I'm amazed Mike ever started dating her.

That was back in season 1, and it was before Ana got pregnant so it has been at least a year, even in show time. Which is not a ton of time at all.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I had to look this up.  Apparently, she blackmailed Brandon into giving her money to not change her testimony about that time Stef got shot.  This could have actually hurt Mike because he had acted inappropriately during that whole incident. Now that I remember this, I'm amazed Mike ever started dating her.

That was back in season 1, and it was before Ana got pregnant so it has been at least a year, even in show time. Which is not a ton of time at all.

You would think Mike would have stayed far away from Ana first because of all she did to Mariana and Jesus and then he is also early in his sobriety as well to be getting involved with an addict as well. It shows that even the adults in this show think with something other than their brain when it comes to hooking up.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't find Ana to be a compelling, interesting, sympathetic, or attractive character in any way.  She's not a positive influence on anybody.  She shows too much interest in Gabe.  She's so wrong for Mike. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I don't find Ana to be a compelling, interesting, sympathetic, or attractive character in any way.  She's not a positive influence on anybody.  She shows too much interest in Gabe.  She's so wrong for Mike. 

Mike cares for everybody it seems with the exception of maybe Callie and him being fed up with her and all the shit she was doing. Hell I love the Callie character, but I was about to crawl into the television at times and strangle that girl many times.  Mike just seems to want to help people so much and it is the same with Ana. I really think he saw this addict at first and wanted to help that, then the wanted to help with the baby, now he wants to take it the whole way and marry her. I don't even know if he is really that attracted to her that much. I am pretty sure the whole Mike and Ana relationship/Marriage if it does go through will not last that long.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, and that whole thing in 1B/2A about Mike getting into a fight and the blood on his hands. Mike was pissed about Ana and Stef wondered whether it was her blood. And now, they've dated and they're engaged? Not in real life.

• Love 1