Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

You know, I am grateful to Darcey.  Hear me out for a second.

I turn 47 on the 12th.  Not taking it very well.  I mean, I feel good and I'm in decent health, but man...FORTY SEVEN?

Well, you know...many of my contemporaries have already gone under the knife, having nips and tucks and outright lifts.  Injections everywhere.  And you know what?  I was considering doing the same.

Then I see Darcey, and her desperation, and what she has done to herself in some warped effort to recapture that which truly cannot be recaptured...the godawful extensions, the tacky trampy nails, the troweled-on makeup, the too-tight clothes, the shiny forehead...

No.  Not me.  I can take steps to look good for my age.  I'm not going to fight with reality, though.  I reckon that I will most likely look much younger than Darcey today.

Bethster2000, please avoid plastic surgery, or botox or any of those "tricks" that Darcey uses.   People aging naturally just look better.   It's one thing to get your nose "fixed" while in your 20s or 30s, it is another thing to use plastic surgery to cling to youth.  

I live in a large metropolitan city and see these sad people (women and men) in the sidewalks all the time.  They think no one notices that their face has been pulled until they are no longer recognizable.  They talk and laugh but their face doesn't show the expression.    The related hazards of plastic surgery should also a concern to you.  Worse of it, once you get the first plastic surgery, you will continue to get other procedures done for the rest of your life.   It's a great business for the doctors.

If you want to look youthful, exercise daily, eat well and keep an eye on your overall health.   If all that fails, keep Darcey in your thoughts.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I think Chris is just as sleazy as Sean. The only difference is Chris has more money.

He has power over Abby because she wants his money, but at the same time Chris KNOWS Abby really only likes him for his money.

Chris may be nice/nicer to Abby but she knows she is nothing but a play toy for him.  He seems not to need to go further and want a wife and likes to walk away or change buddies whenever he wants. He acted like a sneaky little 6 year old in the car with Abby.  His trying to portray being a more sophisticated or worldly person than Sean was an epic fail.

Both men are extremely insecure and a turn off imo to a woman seeking a normal relationship.    

I don't believe any of the bolded is actually true. When you watch how her expressions and demeanor changes when she's spending time with each of them, it's quite evident she's in love with Chris - or, at the least, enjoys spending time with him and looks forward to his visits. It's also clear that she is merely tolerating Sean. The way she brings Sean up to Chris is done such that she's trying to make Chris jealous. She probably knows, on an intellectual level, that Chris will never commit, but on an emotional level she believes she matters to him and that he will eventually commit to her - and beliefs based on emotions easily overwhelm the facts and what you know to be true based on the facts.

Your last sentence is absolutely spot-on. Of course, Abby isn't looking for a normal relationship. She's a poverty-stricken, Haitian, sex worker who is looking for a way out of that life and believes that she could get Chris to give her that way out if she made him feel his access to her was threatened. Unfortunately for her, even if the threat were real (it's not), Chris doesn't care about her that way. If Abby won't see him, he'll just move on to the next poverty-stricken, Haitian, sex worker he meets in a Dominican Republic bar.

• Love 4
On 10/3/2017 at 11:02 AM, RichiesOlderBro said:

I've seen plenty of Trophy wives like Abby. It's really not that uncommon.  

what competition from hell did those guys win?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I wouldn't take the bet on Paul.

Larry would have trouble picking up women once he told them he worked at McDonald's. And if Larry did get a date with a woman he'd blow it by calling way too many times and sending her a dozen roses before the date and wearing his white baseball cap inside the restaurant.

• Love 3

I would choose Chris for my Sugar Daddy, because he's only around 6 months a year. As I see it, I could study 6 months or even more every year at his cost, and live it up with him the rest of the time. I would get to see and experience much more than I otherwise could in the hamster wheel of an average life, and end up wiser and thankful for it. I believe the exposure to the world outside what she was born into will make her more mature. I don't think the age difference is creepy, it's just not usual.  Age is just a number, old bodies are just our old shells.

"Spirit is the journey, body is the bus, I am the driver, from dust to dust. Spirit is the story, body is the book, I am the writer..." Great Johnny Clegg & Savuka song.

Edited by checker
one more lyric bit
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Danielle is looking for someone

And even Danielle could score in the US!  But she'd have to find someone who is about as attractive as she is instead of the attractive and desperate to come to this country man.

What I love about this show is it really demonstrates how ridiculous these people are.  How many times have we heard the men say they are going overseas because the women are more family-oriented, less corrupted and not as demanding?  And then the overseas bride comes over and expects to be lavished with gifts, bitches about their homesteads and how lonely they are because they no longer live in a big city. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, checker said:

I would choose Chris for my Sugar Daddy, because he's only around 6 months a year. As I see it, I could study 6 months or even more every year at his cost, and live it up with him the rest of the time. I would get to see and experience much more than I otherwise could in the hamster wheel of an average life, and end up wiser and thankful for it. I believe the exposure to the world outside what she was born into will make her more mature. I don't think the age difference is creepy, it's just not usual.  Age is just a number, old bodies are just our old shells.

"Spirit is the journey, body is the bus, I am the driver, from dust to dust. Spirit is the story, body is the book... Great Johnny Clegg & Savuka song.

Not really. Age indicates the amount of life experience you've got. This matters when it comes to things the two people have in common. Let's pretend I'm single for a minute. When I worked at HGST (2013/2014) in Rochester, MN, they had a 20 yo woman (still in college) come as an intern. She was on the team I was part of. She was about six years old when the Twin Towers were attacked and destroyed in 2001. She can hardly remember anything about that day, whereas I can remember every detail about that day including what the air smelled like and how the sun felt as it shone on my skin. There are a lot of cultural touchstones that she didn't understand and that I did (and also vice versa). For example, she'd never seen the original Ghostbusters or Monty Python, and she'd never heard most of the music from the 80's and 90's. There were jokes made by several members of the team that required one to have knowledge of these things and she simply could never understand the jokes - even when we took the time to make her aware of the reference material.

And that's all just for starters. There's also the fact that at 20 years old she doesn't really know who she is or what she wants from life - and she won't figure that stuff out for probably another couple of years yet. In fact, she's currently still bouncing from internship opportunity to internship opportunity and taking the intervening time to be young and travel. I don't fault her for that, but all of what I've documented here in conjunction with stuff that I don't know how to articulate succinctly means that there's no way I could ever be a good match with her. (I tend to make A LOT of jokes that reference movies, tv shows, and music, which makes having shared cultural touchstones important for me. Thankfully, my actual wife knows the references and finds my jokes funny.)

All of that is also why I wouldn't be a good match for someone 20 years my senior: they've got experiences to which I simply cannot relate. As far as music goes, it seems like "the best music" is always the music you grew up listening to; most of everything that came before ranges between "it's okay" and "it's great", whereas everything that comes after is "crap".

• Love 15
22 hours ago, millennium said:

Yes, but the situation Boopdeboop described is different than the usual loser-goes-looking-for-love scenario.   In the Sean-Abby-Chris triangle, we are watching, as entertainment, what appears to be a tug of war between two older Americans for the right to have sex with a girl who isn't old enough to order a drink in the United States.   It's not the first time this show has reminded us that this goes on, and not the first time we have suspected the men on the show of having sick inclinations.   But I don't think it has ever been quite so apparent before.   I don't recall the words "sex trade" coming up in our discussions about this show until now.  

The Abby/Sean/Chris storyline is startling to some bc it very clearly shows the intersection of many forms of PRIVILEGE - gender, race, region, even religious (e.g., Mambo Gladys). But most of the foreign-born women who appear on the show are sexually exploiting themselves to one degree or another. Anytime you would advertise yourself as wanting to marry an American man who you barely know (with at least enough money to bring you over to the US), you're leveraging your sexual currency.

But there have been hints that Anfisa and Aleksandra have done similar. And we know what direction Paola is headed, esp if her marriage doesn't work out.

• Love 5

Sugar Daddy and Sugar Baby can learn from each other's experiences, opening both of them up.  The age difference doesn't have to be smoothed over, they can both benefit and enjoy what the other one has to offer, sophisticated wise life experience or naive joie de vivre.  It's always interesting to hear how people experienced historical events, especially when you weren't around at the time. It gives a better, deeper understanding and interest to something of which you've only heard or read. So what if Abby doesn't know what she wants from life, it's a privilege to have the time outside the box to figure it out. The missed cultural references and missed jokes are a bummer. They would spend time with people of their own age on their times away from each other to make up for it. I really think the relationship can give a new positive outlook on life to each of them, keep them on their toes. Abby shouldn't poorly wither away and Chris doesn't have to calcify. They each have something to offer, and it works for them. They can still laugh together.

Sean would get on my nerves, for sure, expecting and pressuring too much. Chris stands above it all and might let me be me liking it for what it is, enjoy the moments.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Not really. Age indicates the amount of life experience you've got.

All of that is also why I wouldn't be a good match for someone 20 years my senior: they've got experiences to which I simply cannot relate. As far as music goes, it seems like "the best music" is always the music you grew up listening to; most of everything that came before ranges between "it's okay" and "it's great", whereas everything that comes after is "crap".

I excerpted this from your astute post, MrSmith.  

As another poster upthread also mentioned, it seems like an awful lot of work trying to act younger than your age; in the Darcy/Jesse pairing we're talking nearly two decades.  A mother of two in her forties surely has much more to say than what we've seen of her thus far, which boils down to varied nods and mumbled assents during Jesse's reprimands.  Darcy is going to continue to "dumb down" to meet Jesse at his level and to appease him - whether it's to make herself look like a compliant young girl or to simply avoid an argument.  Either way, she's shortchanging herself and looking foolish all the while.  

7 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I'm thinking of the combined power of the scabies moving the suitcase across the floor. . . .clunk. . . .clunk. . . .clunk

I have an image of him in the store, selecting them.  Fondling them, smelling them. . . .while ordinary shoppers give him a wide berth and the fish eye, and the junior manager wonders if he should be reported. . . .I wonder how many stores he went to, and whether he had Special Shopping Days. . . . .

This is too funny, Sprockets!  I now have the above image in my head, and have decided to postpone lunch 'til much later.

About those panties:  Abby, no doubt, is making a killing selling off those panties  to her co-workers in the sex trade- the sexier panties command a higher price, I'll bet.  Surely Sean suspects as much, which makes it seem almost disingenuous for him to react with such jealousy over Chris.  So Chris is just one of many.  If I'm interpreting this whole sordid mess accurately, Sean is okay with Abby sleeping with assorted "johns," but not with one, particular person (Chris).  And, if this observation is right, it makes me distrust Sean's motives as much as he professes to distrust Chris' intentions with respect to Abby.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
5 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

I excerpted this from your astute post, MrSmith.  

As another poster upthread also mentioned, it seems like an awful lot of work trying to act younger than your age; in the Darcy/Jesse pairing we're talking nearly two decades.  A mother of two in her forties surely has much more to say than what we've seen of her thus far, which boils down to varied nods and mumbled assents during Jesse's reprimands.  Darcy is going to continue to "dumb down" to meet Jesse at his level and to appease him - whether it's to make herself look like a compliant young girl or to simply avoid an argument.  Either way, she's shortchanging herself and looking foolish all the while.  

This is too funny, Sprockets!  I now have the above image in my head, and have decided to postpone lunch 'til much later.

About those panties:  Abby, no doubt, is making a killing selling off those panties  to her co-workers in the sex trade- the sexier panties command a higher price, I'll bet.  Surely Chris suspects as much, which makes it seem almost disingenuous for him to react with such jealousy over Chris.  So Chris is just one of many.  If I'm interpreting this whole sordid mess accurately, Chris is okay with Abby sleeping with assorted "johns," but not with one, particular person.  And, if this observation is right, it makes me distrust Sean's motives as much as he professes to distrust Chris' intentions with respect to Abby.

Abby lied to Sean about where she met Chris. Sean may not have realized, until this last episode, where Abby hangs out.

Are you accidentally referring to both Sean and Chris as Chris?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, checker said:

Sugar Daddy and Sugar Baby can learn from each other's experiences, opening both of them up.  The age difference doesn't have to be smoothed over, they can both benefit and enjoy what the other one has to offer, sophisticated wise life experience or naive joie de vivre.  It's always interesting to hear how people experienced historical events, especially when you weren't around at the time. It gives a better, deeper understanding and interest to something of which you've only heard or read. So what if Abby doesn't know what she wants from life, it's a privilege to have the time outside the box to figure it out. The missed cultural references and missed jokes are a bummer. They would spend time with people of their own age on their times away from each other to make up for it. I really think the relationship can give a new positive outlook on life to each of them, keep them on their toes. Abby shouldn't poorly wither away and Chris doesn't have to calcify. They each have something to offer, and it works for them. They can still laugh together.

Sean would get on my nerves, for sure, expecting and pressuring too much. Chris stands above it all and might let me be me liking it for what it is, enjoy the moments.

This is true. They can. It's a lot work, though. Most people aren't very good at it for a number of available reasons, with the preceding sentence being but one of those. I suspect, and have no empirical evidence to back me up, that most people aren't very good at it both because it's a lot of work and because they either aren't motivated to do the work or are unable to figure out how to go about it. If people are able to open themselves up, they can have a successful relationship. I still don't think this applies to every relationship with an age gap, particularly the ones where the age gap is very large (such as Hugh Hefner and any of the women he enslaved ... sorry, "dated" ... over the last 20 years of his life or so).

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

I now have the above image in my head, and have decided to postpone lunch 'til much later.

For your continued delectation, here's an illustration of a scabies mite.  

IMG_6265.JPG

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Abby lied to Sean about where she met Chris. Sean may not have realized, until this last episode, where Abby hangs out.

Yeah, pretty sure they did accidentally refer to Sean as Chris. Still, I don't understand how Sean couldn't have known where Abby met Chris. I could swear she'd told him she was working in the DR when she met Chris. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly. If I am remember correctly, however, then he would have to be naive or willfully ignorant not to understand the kind of relationship they have. I am confident I am remembering correctly because as soon as she said it, I told my wife she was almost certainly a sex worker. My wife asked me how I know that and so I had to explain it to her.

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Not really. Age indicates the amount of life experience you've got. This matters when it comes to things the two people have in common. Let's pretend I'm single for a minute. When I worked at HGST (2013/2014) in Rochester, MN, they had a 20 yo woman (still in college) come as an intern. She was on the team I was part of. She was about six years old when the Twin Towers were attacked and destroyed in 2001. She can hardly remember anything about that day, whereas I can remember every detail about that day including what the air smelled like and how the sun felt as it shone on my skin. There are a lot of cultural touchstones that she didn't understand and that I did (and also vice versa). For example, she'd never seen the original Ghostbusters or Monty Python, and she'd never heard most of the music from the 80's and 90's. There were jokes made by several members of the team that required one to have knowledge of these things and she simply could never understand the jokes - even when we took the time to make her aware of the reference material.

And that's all just for starters. There's also the fact that at 20 years old she doesn't really know who she is or what she wants from life - and she won't figure that stuff out for probably another couple of years yet. In fact, she's currently still bouncing from internship opportunity to internship opportunity and taking the intervening time to be young and travel. I don't fault her for that, but all of what I've documented here in conjunction with stuff that I don't know how to articulate succinctly means that there's no way I could ever be a good match with her. (I tend to make A LOT of jokes that reference movies, tv shows, and music, which makes having shared cultural touchstones important for me. Thankfully, my actual wife knows the references and finds my jokes funny.)

AMEN!

I'm 50, newly widowed.  I've actually had 30 year olds ask me out.  Not ready to date, but if I were, too young for me!  I wouldn't want someone who is in a different place intellectually and life experience-wise.  I recently had dinner at a bar and was seated next to a handsome gentleman who looked like he was about 60.  He would've been my cup of tea!  I realize I'm female so men are much different when it comes to wanting that youthful trophy wife, but I would not want a much younger man!

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, Bibi said:

Karine told Paul that his phone would be stolen if he didn't hide it in his pocket.  Both of them had their phones. Karine was holding her phone. Paul's was in his pocket.

They usually use Paul's phone and pass it between them all the time cause it's the only one with a translator. That's precisely what they were doing when Paul decided to run away.

Karine wasn't trying to get her phone back, she was trying to communicate with Paul and the only way she had was to text on Paul's translator. She was desperately trying to grab Paul's phone and kept saying "quero falar" (I want to talk) so give me your phone!  When he gave her the phone, she wrote that she didn't care ( about him? About his criminal past?)

I think the phone she lost in the mugging was her phone (unless she came back with Paul's phone as well).

This scene was pathetic. Got me thinking what arguing would be like in Paul and Karine's home.

Paul : Bitch!  

Gives the phone to Karine

Karine : Dumbass!

Gives the phone to Paul

Paul: Bitch again!

Gives the phone to Karine

So spontaneous.

I'm dead right now......rotfl!!!!

41 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

AMEN!

I'm 50, newly widowed.  I've actually had 30 year olds ask me out.  Not ready to date, but if I were, too young for me!  I wouldn't want someone who is in a different place intellectually and life experience-wise.  I recently had dinner at a bar and was seated next to a handsome gentleman who looked like he was about 60.  He would've been my cup of tea!  I realize I'm female so men are much different when it comes to wanting that youthful trophy wife, but I would not want a much younger man!

Sasha, you should have said something.....ask him for his ketchup or to recommend a plate.....A confident man will be OK with you being friendly and will not take that as a sign of you being a "loose" woman.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Sasha, you should have said something.....ask him for his ketchup or to recommend a plate.....A confident man will be OK with you being friendly and will not take that as a sign of you being a "loose" woman.

I had planned to as I was leaving but he was talking to one of the workers there!  The bartender was ribbing him about his new cologne (which did smell really good).  They asked if he bathed in it.  I was going to tell him as I was leaving that I thought it smelled rather good but missed my opportunity.  He had smiled at me when they were ribbing him.  And then I went back to reading my book!  He seemed a bit shy.

But I did deduce from the discussions that he must eat there a lot by himself as the bartenders knew him by name (Mark, a name I loooooove) and kidded him about knowing that they knew he'd be ready to order dinner after his first glass of wine.  They asked him about his day and he mentioned seeing his grandkids.  Got the impression he's single (and hell,  he goes there often and on a Saturday night by himself, so I'm sure I'm right non that).  So guess where I'm going same time, same place this Saturday?!  Yep, I'm about to stalk.  :)  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But I did deduce from the discussions that he must eat there a lot by himself as the bartenders knew him by name (Mark, a name I loooooove)

Uh oh, I hope he doesn't live in Baltimore and haul piano's around. 

:)

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure Sean just thinks Abby is a nice young woman seeking a love interest online, and that she had a previous boyfriend named Chris with whom she would like to remain friends.  At least that's the way it's edited to look.  Until this last episode when the cracks are beginning to show in  Abby's facade.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I had planned to as I was leaving but he was talking to one of the workers there!  The bartender was ribbing him about his new cologne (which did smell really good).  They asked if he bathed in it.  I was going to tell him as I was leaving that I thought it smelled rather good but missed my opportunity.  He had smiled at me when they were ribbing him.  And then I went back to reading my book!  He seemed a bit shy.

But I did deduce from the discussions that he must eat there a lot by himself as the bartenders knew him by name (Mark, a name I loooooove) and kidded him about knowing that they knew he'd be ready to order dinner after his first glass of wine.  They asked him about his day and he mentioned seeing his grandkids.  Got the impression he's single (and hell,  he goes there often and on a Saturday night by himself, so I'm sure I'm right non that).  So guess where I'm going same time, same place this Saturday?!  Yep, I'm about to stalk.  :)  

You go girl!!!   Wear something nice, but not your best (save that for later).   Good luck with that, and if he turns out to be a dick, please come back and tell us.

Please have something to say that is not weather related and not "do you eat here all the time?"   From how you write, it is obvious you are an intelligent person.

I send you positive energy and hope that it goes where you want it to go .... and not an inch more or less.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I'm pretty sure Sean just thinks Abby is a nice young woman seeking a love interest online, and that she had a previous boyfriend named Chris with whom she would like to remain friends.

Oh yes, that is what Sean thought to begin with, because he has a cartoon brain.  Now he is absolutely livid because he dimly perceives the obvious, which is that Abby is still getting hot meat injections from Chris.  How did Sean think Abby was supporting herself before he showed up?  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

You go girl!!!   Wear something nice, but not your best (save that for later).   Good luck with that, and if he turns out to be a dick, please come back and tell us.

Please have something to say that is not weather related and not "do you eat here all the time?"   From how you write, it is obvious you are an intelligent person.

I send you positive energy and hope that it goes where you want it to go .... and not an inch more or less.

Aw, thank you!

At this stage, I don't think I'm actually ready for a date, but mild flirtation with a handsome fella sounds pretty darn good!  Will update you!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Yeah, pretty sure they did accidentally refer to Sean as Chris. Still, I don't understand how Sean couldn't have known where Abby met Chris. I could swear she'd told him she was working in the DR when she met Chris. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly. If I am remember correctly, however, then he would have to be naive or willfully ignorant not to understand the kind of relationship they have. I am confident I am remembering correctly because as soon as she said it, I told my wife she was almost certainly a sex worker. My wife asked me how I know that and so I had to explain it to her.

You may be remembering better than I am. It's possible Abby was living temporarily in the DR and met Chris online (in the DR) and not while sitting in a bar in the DR?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Yes, thanks for picking up that error on my part; I did go back and fix it,  I thought .

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I agree. I dated 14 years younger and it wasn't a sugar mama situation. I look much younger than my age and he looked a little older than his. We met and liked each other, we knew there was an age difference but we didn't know how much until later. We both decided to say fuck it and go for it. But it became very annoying very quickly. He never understood why my kids came first because he never had the experience. I never wanted to hang out with his friends because they were young and starting life and I was past all the drama.  I had already been through the things he was just starting like buying a house, starting career, etc. when I wanted to give advice, I felt like I was mothering in a way. I avoided certain conversations so that he didn't feel like I thought I "wore the pants", even though it was pretty natural for me to wear the pants since I had already established my life, and let's face it, I experienced more shit and could tell him with confidence what was going to work for him and what decisions were just based on being young and inexperienced. But I didn't feel right saying anything.  It was exhausting.

I'm not saying it can't last a long time. Mine lasted 3 years. Darcey and Jesse may be ok for years. But then again, Darcey seems very immature and Jesse seems mature for his age. From what I see, he is very rare as far as how he has established himself and just his general attitude. He seems much older. It's like he's just annoyed by Darcey's immaturity and not so much that he's trying to be controlling. Which is weird because he's the younger one. 

I guess I'm alone in this but Jesse doesn't bother me. I just think he knows what he wants and Darcey portrayed herself as something more fitting for him. Now he's seeing the truth.

• Love 5

More than 20 years ago a friend of mine married a widower in her age group; they're still married.  His wife died shortly after their 20-year anniversary.  They married when he was 19 and she was 40.

From all reports, both marriages were happy, fun, and successful.   Ya never know......................

• Love 3
13 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

You may be remembering better than I am. It's possible Abby was living temporarily in the DR and met Chris online (in the DR) and not while sitting in a bar in the DR?

Could be that she told Sean she was working in the DR and yet still met Chris through other avenues. So we're both right? :D

• Love 1
18 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And even Danielle could score in the US!  But she'd have to find someone who is about as attractive as she is instead of the attractive and desperate to come to this country man.

What I love about this show is it really demonstrates how ridiculous these people are.  How many times have we heard the men say they are going overseas because the women are more family-oriented, less corrupted and not as demanding?  And then the overseas bride comes over and expects to be lavished with gifts, bitches about their homesteads and how lonely they are because they no longer live in a big city. 

A few guys (at least) have said they are looking for a foreign wife for the above reasons. But I find it interesting they're all finding woman above their pay grade. If they're truly looking for family oriented ladies, why aren't they marrying average women that are equal in their looks department? Like Mark...does he really think he could attract a pretty, 19 year old girl in this country? I know that's an extreme example but the others aren't too far off. It would be refreshing to hear one of these guys be honest and say they are looking for a babe that would be out if their reach in their own country. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, cuphead said:

Abby, Sean and Chris is like Ginger, Ace and that James Woods pimp character in Casino.

YES.  Except Ginger was pristine and charming, and Ace was intelligent and successful. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, SansaStarkNJ said:

Check this out!

OK. That video was hilarious! Thank you for sharing it. I shared it on FB with my wife, mother-in-law, and sisters-in-law. And it led me to more "Irish People Watch..." videos.

On 10/4/2017 at 0:58 PM, Chalby said:

I agree with you Boo, as Chris's leering in the cab gave me the willies, and his nonchalant attitude towards their mutual scabies outbreak really annoyed me. Clearly he's been in this dog and pony show before, whereas she was truly disturbed by her skin's condition. When Chris is telling her that Sean will need treatment as well, he was smirking like, "Aha, now I have proven to that idiot Sean, that I have already sexually claimed you". But Sean has no rights to make demands on her and neither does Chris. She needs to dump both of them and try to find a regular, nice guy who wants a 'normal' relationship/partnership that may lead to marriage. Those two other idiots should just keep vacationing in that country so they can regularly get what they really came for - cheap sex with someone who is young and desperate enough to overlook that they are 'past due' on their "good-until"shelf life.

That's exactly what it was. He's not a threat to Sean in that he doesn't want to marry Abby. But, he will keep screwing her and her devotion will remain with him.

The classic scabies was his creepy calling card all over her body.

Abby might have been wincing at the thought of having to bring up anything about the scabies again to Sean.

Sean says Chris is going to keep Abby from having "a normal relationship" with someone like...uh, him?

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

YES.  Except Ginger was pristine and charming, and Ace was intelligent and successful. 

Good point. 

Casino had crossed my mind as well. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Sean says Chris is going to keep Abby from having "a normal relationship" with someone like...uh, him?

His normal is going to be very peculiar.  I'm pretty sure the food in his fridge is arranged alphabetically.  That both is and isn't a metaphor.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

A few guys (at least) have said they are looking for a foreign wife for the above reasons. But I find it interesting they're all finding woman above their pay grade. If they're truly looking for family oriented ladies, why aren't they marrying average women that are equal in their looks department? Like Mark...does he really think he could attract a pretty, 19 year old girl in this country? I know that's an extreme example but the others aren't too far off. It would be refreshing to hear one of these guys be honest and say they are looking for a babe that would be out if their reach in their own country. 

Woman here...but one of my bffs is male (American) and he is considering going the mail order bride route. The way he explains it to me is that he has always been a bit socially awkward and American women in his ethnic group have rarely expressed interest in him. In fact, American women of really any ethnic group have. Plus, now he is around 50 yrs old and still wants children (he has never had any...kind of hard to do when you almost never date). Women in his age group are not longer willing/able. He might consider a woman who already has children but just wants a really young woman. Not necessarily for the beauty of a young woman, he says, but for the innocence and freedom of baggage. He says he just wouldn't be able to relate to women his age who have actively been dating and/or been married for the past 30 years. And he says there is a sweetness and innocence in young women from Asian and Latin American countries that he likes.

We've talked about it at length, and that's his story and he's sticking with it! I have known him for 15+ yrs and he has never been in a relationship during that time. He's average looking and has a great job, beautiful home, savings, investments, etc. I can't say I really understand.......but am starting to actually believe he truly feels this way.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2017 at 7:44 AM, millennium said:

Am I the only one who found Chris kind of likable?   He was smiling, laid back, polite ... a stark contrast to stick-up-the-ass Sean.    Sure, Chris and Abby are running a con on Sean, but I suspect that even if everything was peachy keen and Chris wasn't in the picture, Sean would still be brooding, insecure and overbearing.   

I don't find him likable at all.   I find him reptilian.  However, I do also find him interesting.  

• Love 8
On 10/5/2017 at 1:09 PM, MrSmith said:

There are a lot of cultural touchstones that she didn't understand

Very good thoughts.  Also, the line above made me remember that I once dated outside "my culture."  Same age group, different culture.  It was interesting at first, but after a while I got tired of explaining everything and just wanted a simple, easy date...sharing CULTURAL TOUCHSTONES.  This was not a European person, so I don't know if that would be different...but I wonder if any of these Americans dating somebody from WAY OUTSIDE the normal ever get fatigued with it.  

• Love 1
On 05/10/2017 at 6:28 AM, AmyBre said:

Then I see Darcey, and her desperation, and what she has done to herself in some warped effort to recapture that which truly cannot be recaptured...the godawful extensions, the tacky trampy nails, the troweled-on makeup, the too-tight clothes, the shiny forehead...

Menopause will be fun for Jesse !

He WILL start drinking!

Edited by booboopbedoo
forgot
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I think Patrick and Miriam are matched, looks wise.  Also Larry and Jenny (that's the Mcdonald's manager and Filipina, right?)  Larry is actually nice looking, just too needy.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Very good thoughts.  Also, the line above made me remember that I once dated outside "my culture."  Same age group, different culture.  It was interesting at first, but after a while I got tired of explaining everything and just wanted a simple, easy date...sharing CULTURAL TOUCHSTONES.  This was not a European person, so I don't know if that would be different...but I wonder if any of these Americans dating somebody from WAY OUTSIDE the normal ever get fatigued with it.  

Granny, these couples have no idea what they are doing or what a real, mature, adult relationship is.  If they did, they wouldn't talk about "love of my life" having just met.  I can't see Courtney's parents meeting Carlos Danger (whatever his name is) or Sean's mother meeting Abby.   Jenny and Larry are both dumb trash and that's not going anywhere because Jenny already knows that Larry is broke.   How about crazy Paul bringing Karine to his pub.   None of these couples are going to through with the visa process and I bet 20 to 1 to anyone, that they won't make it past this season either.

Dating outside one's culture is "cute" for a month and prior to turning 30.  After that it is just a constant hassle, specially when you start bringing families and social get-togethers into the relationship.

If both are raised in the same country, example, both raised in New Jersey or California and their families just happen to be from different cultures, that is slightly different and has more of a chance of succeeding.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Granny, these couples have no idea what they are doing or what a real, mature, adult relationship is.  If they did, they wouldn't talk about "love of my life" having just met.  I can see Courtney's parents meeting Carlos Danger (whatever his name is) or Sean's mother meeting Abby.   Jenny and Larry are both dumb trash and that's not going anywhere because Jenny already knows that Larry is broke.   How about crazy Paul bringing Karine to his pub.   None of these couples are going to through with the visa process and I bet 20 to 1 to anyone, that they won't make it past this season either.

Dating outside one's culture is "cute" for a month.  After that it is just a constant hassle, specially when you start bringing families and social get-togethers into the relationship.

If both are raised in the same country, example, both raised in New Jersey or California and their families just happen to be from different cultures, that is slightly different and has more of a chance of succeeding.

Mixed cultural relationships have existed far longer than we can count. To doom them right out of the gate is to deny history and what already exists.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

Larry is actually nice looking, just too needy.  

Granny, you find Larry nice looking??!!!   I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.   I should rephrase that.  To me, beauty has always been a multi-factor thing and not only about physical beauty.

The only remotely nice looking person in this entire set is Karine and she's dumb as a rock.  Jesse and Carlos Danger (Antonio) are in love with themselves and I'd rather go to the dentist or do my taxes than go on a date with them.   Uugghh   All others are not even worth mentioning.   

• Love 3