Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Don't Thank Me

• Start Topic

Here I was thinking Keisha and Tommy might make a good couple but she goes and starts asking him about Holly.

Mike has moved to the top of my Needs Killin' list, inching past Kanan and Angela. I wish I could root for Angie to be the one to discover what he's been up to but I'm sure she would blow it somehow.

Silver seems more and more shady to me. Wonder if he's working for/with Stern? Stern was trying way too hard to get James back in his debt.

James is officially a murderer now, and 1000% fcuked to be indebted to Teresi. It's odd that the prison wouldn't have cameras in the exercise room.

Would Tommy have a personal reason not to want to know Teresi is (probably) his father? Maybe Teresi will try to use Tommy to move in on Ghost's racket.

• Love 3

Judge Tapper might have been my favorite part of tonight. When he laid into the prosecution team before he dismissed the charges against Ghost, I cackled. 

I really enjoyed this episode. So much happened. 

Ghost killing Marshall Charlie Murphy (I'm assuming there were no camaeras on in that gym). 

Tommy confessing Holly's fate to Tasha (I thought Joseph Sikora and Naturi Naughton were great in this scene).

Teresi seemingly confirming he is Tommy's father (OTOH, someone on Twitter speculated that Teresi might be Holly's father, in which case, Tommy needs to run far and fast).

And of course Ghost going free (for now). I long ago decided to suspend disbelief about the legal proceedings on this show, so I just enjoy the spectacle. Silver calling Angela to testify (WTF); Mak smugly bringing up Angela's relationship with Ghost (duh!); and the judge being fed up with it all was just hilarious. 

Other things I loved:

*Proctor's "Yeah fuckin' right" response to Angela's attempted handshake.
*Julio seeing Dre with Kanan (I'm guessing that means he's not long for this show)

Not too happy to see Jukebox again because that whole Kanan/Tariq storyline makes my eyes glaze over.

• Love 6

Angela better tread carefully because Mike will kill to protect himself.  

I don't care at all about Tariq, but I would like to see a Tommy/Ghost v Kanan/Jukebox showdown.

Something tells me Tommy and Keysha will end on a bad note.

I love the relationship between Tommy and Tasha - the most genuine on the show.

I agree Silver is shady. He put Ghost up there knowing he would perjure himself. I wish Proctor had been in the courtroom to witness it. He would have known right away something was up. 

This is turning out to be a great season!

• Love 3

Loved the judge being like "Y'all some incompetent assholes." 

I didn't expect to see Simon Stern again! It'll be interesting to see the different debtors - Simon and Teresi. James is out of jail but he's still in a lot of trouble. That killing was BRUTAL. 

I hope that's not the last of Proctor. I really like Jerry Ferrara in this role. "Yeah fuckin' right."

Did not expect Tommy to confess what he did to Holly, ever. That was a surprise.

Best episode so far!

• Love 8

Damn I thought Tommy liked keisha back...

I bet Tariq knows he done fucked up now...

I LOVE Proctor and his relationship with his daughter. I'm so over Angela thinking she can just walk into people's lives. 

Ghost killing the C.O. Was obvious and super gross! I pretty much predicted that entire scene.

• Love 4
(edited)

When Terry mentioned to Tasha it would be a good idea to get a "floater" what was he talking about?

So Tommy is going to keep sleeping with Keisha to keep her happy and quiet. I swear he and Tasha are the only smart people on this entire show. Oh and the judge- I was so glad when he went off on the entire prosecution team. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3
(edited)

When Terry mentioned to Tasha it would be a good idea to get a "floater" what was he talking about?

He was talking about floating a loan. I'm guessing a "floater" is the person or institution doing the lending and Silver was offering to connect her with someone. My money's on Stern.

Yeah, Ghost killing the marshal was stunningly brutal even for this show. I had to turn away. Plus it was hard knowing that was probably Charley Murphy's last acting appearance.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/23/2017 at 11:29 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

He was talking about floating a loan. I'm guessing a "floater" is the person or institution doing the lending and Silver was offering to connect her with someone. My money's on Stern.

Yeah, Ghost killing the marshal was stunningly brutal even for this show. I had to turn away. Plus it was hard knowing that was probably Charley Murphy's last acting appearance.

So, I was cheering.  That a-hole had it coming.  And the brutality of it?  AWEsome. Angela, go fuck yourself.  Lakeisha is needy as fuck.  Nobody loves a clingy, desperate person. Tommy and Tasha's scene was on point.  I hope Tariq dies.  Followed by Kanan, the ghetto cop and Dre. The judge? Laughed my ass off.  He had ZERO fucks to give.

Edited by taurusrose
Punctuation
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, taurusrose said:

So I was cheering.  That a-hole had it coming.  And the brutality of it?  Awesome. Angela, go fuck yourself.  Lakeisha is needy as fuck.  Nobody loves a clingy, desperate person. Tommy and Tasha's scene was on point.  I hope Tariq dies.  Followed by Kanan, the ghetto cop and Dre. The judge? Laughed my ass off.  He had ZERO fucks to give.

Lol, don't hold back! Tariq dying might be the ultimate wakeup call the grownups who were supposed to be protecting him need but still, he's a kid. I'd rather he be the one to kill Kanan after he realizes how badly he's been played. And this time, how about James, Tasha, and Tommy blast Kanan's corpse into the surface of the sun so he doesn't come back. Guy's got more lives than three cats.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think he meant she would need a loan to "float" her over.

Maybe Kanan can somehow take the fall forTommy and/or Ghost.  

Obviously, Ghost is going to have a problem getting that phone to Tommy, since Tommy has secretly left fo Chicage.

• Love 1

So, no comments on Julio putting.in.work.? Okay, then.

Finally, this Tariq storyline is going somewhere. I'm tired of his attitude and stupidity. He'll be crying for his parents soon enough. Just like when AJ Soprano started crying when he saw the bear in his backyard. 

Tasha's clothes/style always looks cheap. She has a closet full of expensive shit, but the styling isn't right. The dress she wore to court was too short. It was more of a date outfit. A suit would've been a better choice. 

I had to look away when Ghost killed Charlie Murphy. That was too much. 

Loved when the judge read the entire prosecution team and laughed at Angela and Mike's elevator ride of shame. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Finally, this Tariq storyline is going somewhere. I'm tired of his attitude and stupidity. He'll be crying for his parents soon enough. Just like when AJ Soprano started crying when he saw the bear in his backyard. 

Tasha's clothes/style always looks cheap. She has a closet full of expensive shit, but the styling isn't right. The dress she wore to court was too short. It was more of a date outfit. A suit would've been a better choice. 

Loved when the judge read the entire prosecution team and laughed at Angela and Mike's elevator ride of shame. 

I think Naturi Naughton is a beautiful woman with a great figure but they do always dress her cheaply! So many of her things for the club appearances/date night were on point but her outfits for other walks of life were awful. Like why?!!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Yep. Ditto for Lakeisha. 

• Love 2

@taurusrose Lakeisha I understand though because her character is still "hood". No she wasn't a criminal or anything of that sort, she had a business and took pride in it, but culturally she as still very much "street". Tasha was married to James who was trying to project life as an upstanding well to do business-man, kids in private school etc. Her outfits (outside of date night/club appearances) should've been much more demure. She's young, curvy and fit, she was never going to look dumpy but she looks like she's trying to hard. 

• Love 3

I'm sad that the trial story line is over only because the judge won't be there anymore to put all these fools in their place.  What a glorious scene that was - everyone on the prosecution team got a piece!  I wish that they could just have him show up in random scenes just to smack down some of these idiots when they do or say dumb ass shit.  I heart you, Judge!  

Did Angela really think they weren't going to bring up her relationship with James?  I mean, it was dumb of them to because it fucks up their case....but they're DUMB, so of course they would mention it to knock her down.  

Here's hoping that Jukebox actually manages to kill Tariq.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:
22 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I want to say the stylist does that on purpose.  I think she will always dress with like that because she still has that "ghetto" hood mentality.  I used to work with a woman that spent good money on her clothes, yet every time she came to work everything looked soooo cheap. From her weave, to the too light eyeshadow and lipstick it was a mess.  And one day she and another woman had the same Ralph Lauren dress on but it looked like it came from pretty girl on her and RL on the other woman.  Tasha will always dress and make a $1000 dress look cheap cus that's her character imo.

• Love 2

Here's hoping that Jukebox actually manages to kill Tariq.

Liked your post for this line alone.

So, no comments on Julio putting.in.work.?

The uh...choreography wasn't great, but the scenery was spectacular!

Take Tariq across the bridge to Newark, NJ or up to the South Bronx and leave his ass there--show him the hood does not like posers.

I can't take how smart and dumb Tasha is. Anybody who's watched a couple episodes of L&O original recipe knows Ghost can't take a deal because that would automatically trigger an asset freeze.  And why the fuck would she take money from Stern knowing his a shady SOB? They have stacks of cash all over the place that she can use for day-to-day and Tommy's mother could write the kids' tuition check. Damn girl think, ffs.  I watch too many gangster movies lol.  Real talk though, Kanan is Dame Dash to Ghost's Jay-Z; as is Tasha and Tommy. None of them have vision and it makes it so frustrating to watch. You get out or you die. Nobody wants to be a drug dealer for life. At least not in real life, in the movies--sure.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Liked your post for this line alone.

The uh...choreography wasn't great, but the scenery was spectacular!

Take Tariq across the bridge to Newark, NJ or up to the South Bronx and leave his ass there--show him the hood does not like posers.

I can't take how smart and dumb Tasha is. Anybody who's watched a couple episodes of L&O original recipe knows Ghost can't take a deal because that would automatically trigger an asset freeze.  And why the fuck would she take money from Stern knowing his a shady SOB? They have stacks of cash all over the place that she can use for day-to-day and Tommy's mother could write the kids' tuition check. Damn girl think, ffs.  I watch too many gangster movies lol.  Real talk though, Kanan is Dame Dash to Ghost's Jay-Z; as is Tasha and Tommy. None of them have vision and it makes it so frustrating to watch. You get out or you die. Nobody wants to be a drug dealer for life. At least not in real life, in the movies--sure.

As someone born and raised in Newark, child, you ain't NEVER lied. Taariq would get eaten alive! That's exactly why my mom moved us before I could even attend high school there. It's not ALL bad, but the section I lived was terrible. I don't think I would be same person I am today.

I don't want to see him die, I want to see him realize that he doesn't know every fucking thing as most teenagers think they do. 

It's too late for any romantic feelings between ghost and Tasha but I would like to see him appreciate and respect her more. We ALL know he'll end up in Angela bed sooner than later. 

They need to stop playing and let Tasha get some real love of her own, and NOT from sliver smh.

• Love 1

Where exactly is this "hood" that Tariq and Kanan are supposedly hanging out in? 

And I have a hard time believing hard criminals sit around apartments and drink soda with cough syrup all day every day.

• Love 2

James is officially a murderer now, and 1000% fcuked to be indebted to Teresi. It's odd that the prison wouldn't have cameras in the exercise room.

Only on tv, unless the exercise room out in the open.

He is fine as fuck, and he definitely worked it with old girl.

I want to say the stylist does that on purpose.  I think she will always dress with like that because she still has that "ghetto" hood mentality.  I used to work with a woman that spent good money on her clothes, yet every time she came to work everything looked soooo cheap. From her weave, to the too light eyeshadow and lipstick it was a mess.  And one day she and another woman had the same Ralph Lauren dress on but it looked like it came from pretty girl on her and RL on the other woman.  Tasha will always dress and make a $1000 dress look cheap cus that's her character imo.

This, Tasha has horrible taste. She dresses like a teenager who shops at Hot Topic., the cutout dresses and sweaters, heeled sneakers, it's so age and status inappropriate. It's like she thinks she's keeping it real with the hoochie attire,, or maybe she really likes it. I would be mortified if I were her kids and my mom dressed like that. Money cannot buy class.

Where exactly is this "hood" that Tariq and Kanan are supposedly hanging out in? 

And I have a hard time believing hard criminals sit around apartments and drink soda with cough syrup all day every day.

And isn't Jukebox a DC cop,, how the hell is she constantly in NYC?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BigBlueMastiff said:

Tasha has horrible taste. She dresses like a teenager who shops at Hot Topic., the cutout dresses and sweaters, heeled sneakers, it's so age and status inappropriate. It's like she thinks she's keeping it real with the hoochie attire,, or maybe she really likes it. I would be mortified if I were her kids and my mom dressed like that. Money cannot buy class.

Major truth bomb.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I seem to remember James killing a bunch of associates at the end of season 2. It was part of his plan to get out of the game, and I think it was the reason he and Tommy fell out at the end of that season. Am I remembering this wrong?

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I seem to remember James killing a bunch of associates at the end of season 2. It was part of his plan to get out of the game, and I think it was the reason he and Tommy fell out at the end of that season. Am I remembering this wrong?

No James was always a murderer. He killed a guy in the first episode of season 1, you are not misremembering.  

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2017 at 8:50 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wasn't he a murderer when he killed the other people whose lives he took?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

Wasn't he a murderer when he killed the other people whose lives he took?

Yes but no one could truly pin any of those on him except Tommy and we know Tommy would never give him up. Teresi is a solid witness (though he did made himself an accessory to James' crime). Plus, killing a federal officer is a step above killing another thug, as he has just learned with this trial Angla and Mike instigated.

• Love 1

It's too late for any romantic feelings between ghost and Tasha but I would like to see him appreciate and respect her more. We ALL know he'll end up in Angela bed sooner than later. 

That's what makes this whole thing even more infuriating. They'll be smashing again soon enough. Watch when she finds out Mike is the mole/killer, they'll have angry, make-up sex, and all will be forgiven. I know that Tasha gets nothing if she divorces Ghost, but he wouldn't leave her entirely assed out because of their children, In the end, Tasha's just gonna have to get a job because she can't allow Ghost to keep shitting on her pride. 

• Love 1

Good that writers finally ended the farce that was the trial.  With Angela's background, she should have been NOWHERE near the team prosecuting the case.  And, of course, Angela only brings her suspicions to the killer and not the team lead.  Good episode since things are starting to move along again.  Now, just need to end the Kanan storyline too.  Every time I see 50, I think why hasn't someone smoked him yet?  Regardless, good episode.

• Love 4

I don't know where to put this but PsychoDrone's post reminded me of a phenomenon that is occuring with Power. Some viewers are acting like the show is real. Advising psycho-therapy for Tyrique. Suggesting that Tommy and Ghost are products of bad childhoods. Relating far too much to Ghost and Anglea wth Angela getting actual death threats. This forum is cool but there are some FB groups where people get seriously upset about things. Every once in a while I will post a small reminder that "nothing has happened or is going to happen unless it is written into the script". That's the best I can come up with outside of scrolling on by. So I can appreciate it when PsychoDrone says "storyline".

@ethalfrida I hear you.  I participate in several forums hosted by PT and (seriously) some posters practically render me comatose with their RL explanations and exhaustive rants, based on 21st century morales that have no place in the highly fictional (fantasy) TV worlds we're talking about.  To bring this back to topic, Angela would have gotten the heave-ho ages ago if this was real world and Tasha would have kicked that ass, badge or no badge.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2017 at 8:50 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Here I was thinking Keisha and Tommy might make a good couple but she goes and starts asking him about Holly.

Mike has moved to the top of my Needs Killin' list, inching past Kanan and Angela. I wish I could root for Angie to be the one to discover what he's been up to but I'm sure she would blow it somehow.

Silver seems more and more shady to me. Wonder if he's working for/with Stern? Stern was trying way too hard to get James back in his debt.

Would Tommy have a personal reason not to want to know Teresi is (probably) his father? Maybe Teresi will try to use Tommy to move in on Ghost's racket.

I noticed a camera on the ceiling in the exercise room so I definitely think Ghost is going to fckd like you said.

Well I don't really think Tasha is dressed as bad as you all are saying she looks fine to me but her hair really irks the living sh*t outta me. She would look so much better with some darker hair and maybe some different hairstyles once in a while. Sometimes her weaves or wigs look a mess. 

Also kanan's cousin the cop chick is making me mad. Why is she bent on trying to kill this kid? Granted he's an idiot but he's just a kid . I don't like her. And I wish someone would have a serious talk with tariq. Also I don't the like the actress that portrays Reyna. Those are my opinions.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mirmommy said:

I noticed a camera on the ceiling in the exercise room so I definitely think Ghost is going to fckd like you said.

Remember when Charlie's character attacked Ghost in the exercise room? Ghost looked up at the camera and Charlie said that they don't work.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

Remember when Charlie's character attacked Ghost in the exercise room? Ghost looked up at the camera and Charlie said that they don't work.

Ooohhhhh I completely forgot!